Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230304_185226 (resized).jpg
20230304_185219 (resized).jpg
20230304_185136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BJM-Maxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 6 years ago

I find my Xenon rewards quite a few credits that I don't seem to have a way to turn off. If you max out the Mota wheel bonus and turn that light on, you will get a credit every second time you collect the bonus from then on. There seem to be other time it rewards with a credit that I don't know what it does it.

One main feature I don't really get is the red Xenon bonus special at the bottom of the playfield. What triggers it?

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

You can either set it to reset to 5000 after collecting special via switch 21, or you can change the way special is awarded (50K points or extra ball) globally via switches 16 and 17.

Lighting all blue and amber Xenon bonus lights will light 20K super bonus.
Doing it again will light 40K super bonus and special.
Doing it a 3rd time, and each additional time, will score special.

I will have to check my settings but I generally have it award specials as extra balls, but I still get the knocker hit while it adds a credit.
I have what I think are the factory settings for the xenon bonus. It stays lit at the 40k level and rebuild to the max of 58k, are you saying that is what lights the middle red xenon light? I have not noticed that giving me any extra balls, maybe that is my mystery credits.

2 weeks later
#118 6 years ago

In mine they will blink until the ball hits the shooter lane switch that is a few inches up from where the ball sits at the bottom. I put some really bright LEDs there so it stands out.

1 month later
#126 6 years ago

What rules do people set their Xenon up with? I generally use the factory settings for 3 ball, and set score thresholds to extra balls (door adjustment 16 set to 02) and playfield specials to extra ball on my old Ballys. But on Xenon, setting door adjustment 17 to 03 gives way too many extra balls. The Mota Special will give you an extra ball every second time you shoot the tube once you max the bonus. The Xenon bonus starts once you max the outhole bonus lights the 3rd time which is not hard since it maxes at 58k and drops to 40k, you hit 58k over and over in a good scoring game. For the longest time I have had setting 17 at 01 (gives a credit) but wanted a little bit of gain, so I recently changed it to 03 so now I get a 50k bonus rather than an extra ball or credit. Xenon seems more unbalanced this way than my other games.

9 months later
#171 5 years ago

To join this club, you have to beat my high score. Just kidding but I find Xenon's rules a bit odd in that once you max the Mota Wheel bonus you either get a ton of credits or constant extra balls depending on how you set the rules.

2 weeks later
#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I assume you mean check/replace these?[quoted image]

That sure looks like an original Bally capacitor on that switch. I would start there.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Cap. .05 MFD 12v (E-586-80)
& 1N4004 / 1N4148 (E-587-6) or (E-587-14)
If not... SE9302 (E-00585-0034)
If not ...CA3081 (E-00681)
If not...1N4004 (E-587-6)

Question for Vec-tor, I never thought of the diodes or transistors as contributing to the Bally phantom firing issue. Is that a known thing? The caps for sure.

4 months later
#288 5 years ago
Quoted from xenondude:

hi - great thread... I have a near-mint Xenon I bought 10 yrs ago ($1100/ebay) and am looking to play it more often.
it has 2 problems, i was hoping you could help...
- left flipper has started becoming intermittent... any ideas? it works mostly fine if i hit both flippers at once, both L & R work... but on its own its sometimes slow or doesn't move ..now how am i gonna 'try a tube shot' like that? lol
- slow traveling ball gets stuck at start of tube where it meets small metal flange.. frustrating to have to slide glass down to poke it midgame...looks like a small indentation in metal at end of ramp.. should i try to flatten w/pliers? I saw a break in tube, small piece gone at lip, so i reversed tube, that may help
xenon is my only pin, im in my 50s, remember it from my younger years, love my xenon pin thx pin dudes

My Xenon has the same issue at the tube entrance too. I also have the ball get stuck sitting on the top edge of the targets at the right, usually on the second or third targets. I have not really found a good solution to either issue.

For your flipper, I assume it is not mechanically binding. Try yanking on the solder joints in case that makes a change. Try shorting out the EOS switch and see if that makes the flipper has full power (don't hold the flipper button in that state it will quickly overheat). If that helps you can temporarily clean those contacts to get it working for a while.

1 month later
#311 4 years ago

A single speaker does not require a particular polarity. Plug it in either way.

1 week later
#314 4 years ago

The tilt light will operate whether you are playing a game or not so yours seems normal. Does it always show the same two credits or do you mean it adds two everytime you turn it on? There is a dip switch you are supposed to set to hide credits to make the free play function work. Have you done that?

#318 4 years ago

You need to get into test mode to sort this out. Does the button not respond at all? Try unplugging the coin door connector and checking it is not corroded.

1 month later
#353 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

hmm, so i thought i got my xenon all working but its doing a weird reset thing at random times.
new power board, new sdb, altek mpu
will play then just randomly everything will turn off except the gi.
i thought I had it fixed by replacing a connector on the power board. let the game sit for 4 hours yesterday in attract mode and it did not reset. played one game and it just randomly reset.
fiddled with connectors this morning to see if something was loose. had it in a game and locked a ball and left the other ball in the shooter lane.
game sat like that for maybe 30 minutes and then it turned everything off but the gi.
what would be a good place to start trouble shooting?

What does it sound like when it resets? Does it make a sound like one of the slam switches is hit? You can manually trigger that to check.
If so, I would ask if you ever have any false bumper or sling shot firings while playing, even if only occasionally.

If it silently resets like you power cycled it, chances are it is a power supply issue.

#356 4 years ago

Check your 5V supply level and make sure it is not too low in case the new SDB is not working right.

3 months later
#411 4 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

Where can replacement tubes be had.????
I need one for cybernaut..

Second the supply shop comment. It is a standard industry tube size.

2 weeks later
#420 4 years ago
Quoted from kechlesurf:

I picked up a Xenon a little while ago and was able to add credits to the machine and play it but now, I am not able to add any credits so i can play and i can not figure out what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions for what could be wrong and preventing me from adding credits to the game to play? I am assuming (and hoping) it is a loose wire and will be an easy fix but I do not know for sure.

We probably need a bit more detail to sort this out. Do you have credits showing on the display and the game won't start or are you at 0 credits and cannot add any? How did you add credits previously? If operating the coin switches on the door does not work then I would do a switch test in the diagnostics. Keep in mind the coin switch, start switch, and the diagnostics switch are all on the coin door and if the coin door connector is the problem, all these switches will not be working.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BJM-Maxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon?tu=BJM-Maxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.