Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230304_185226 (resized).jpg
20230304_185219 (resized).jpg
20230304_185136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg
There are 2,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 46.
#301 5 years ago

:DNot to mention Greg's last name the designer of the game!

Quoted from vec-tor:

Xenon's acronyms are
1) KMIEC =
KINETIC
MOLECULAR
INTEGRATED
EVOLUTION
CYLINDER
2) MOTA =
MOLECULAR
OBJECT
TUBE
AWARD

1 month later
#302 4 years ago

picking up a xenon tomorrow.
can anyone tell me how wide the backbox is? and maybe how tall the game is in the back when the head is folded down? that would be fantastic to make sure itll fit in my hatch back
Thanks!
Dave

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

can anyone tell me how wide the backbox is? and maybe how tall the game is in the back when the head is folded down? that would be fantastic to make sure itll fit in my hatch back
Thanks!
Dave

There is no hinge to the back box.
You can unbolt the back box and strap it down if the wires are long enough.
Or, you have to disconnect the wires from the PCB boards and unscrew the ground strap
from the ground shield and carefully move the back box off the pedestal/nick of the main cabinet.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

There is no hinge to the back box.
You can unbolt the back box and strap it down if the wires are long enough.
Or, you have to disconnect the wires from the PCB boards and unscrew the ground strap
from the ground shield and carefully move the back box off the pedestal/nick of the main cabinet.

Thanks for the info!

#305 4 years ago

Thanks!
Dave

Head is 30 1/4" wide and 27 3/4" tall. Good luck!

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Head is 30 1/4" wide and 27 3/4" tall. Good luck!

Thanks , about to head out. 4 hour trip each way haha

#307 4 years ago

Made it in the club

20190506_143953 (resized).jpg20190506_143953 (resized).jpg

#308 4 years ago

alright, so i unplugged the everything in the head and took it off to transport it. i marked all the connectors except for this one on the sound board. can anyone tell me which way to plug it in so i dont fire anything haha, gonna download the pdf of the manual as well and see if i can find out

i also have some major voltage discrepancies, I made a thread in the tech section here if ya have any insight:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-all-power-tests-too-high-what-to-look-for

Message_1557457439595 (resized).jpgMessage_1557457439595 (resized).jpg

#309 4 years ago

alright, so i unplugged the everything in the head and took it off to transport it. i marked all the connectors except for this one on the sound board. can anyone tell me which way to plug it in so i dont fire anything haha, gonna download the pdf of the manual as well and see if i can find out
i also have some major voltage discrepancies, I made a thread in the tech section here if ya have any insight:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-all-power-tests-too-high-what-to-look-for
[quoted image]

goes just like you have it there. The 'notched' side goes toward the bottom end of the board. That is for the speaker btw.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

goes just like you have it there. The 'notched' side goes toward the bottom end of the board. That is for the speaker btw.

thanks!!

#311 4 years ago

A single speaker does not require a particular polarity. Plug it in either way.

#312 4 years ago

Bought a Xenon this past Friday. Had my brother check it out since he is in the same town in Florida and I am in NJ. Expected some playfield wear and yes it had it. Bought it anyway. So Saturday I see a NIB Xenon CPR play field that is 20 minutes from home. Brought it home yesterday.

This will be my 2nd machine. The other is Big Betty’s Truck Stop. So with the Boobs on Big Betty and the Butt on Xenon I think I should get two things. First a
neon or led sign that says T&A Pinball Right Here. And the second thing… My next game should be something with Cats on it. Lol

Spent a lot of time getting my first machine to be mint between fixing things and cool pimped out mods. Learned a lot here using the resources of posts here on pinside. Way More tech info on Xenon at 10k units vs truck stop at 1.8k units. Sure I’m going to need all I can when Xenon arrives and I get it up and working again… after that and I finish reading all I can find I will then begin the play field swap and refinish the cabinet exterior.

#313 4 years ago

looking for some input here, having a strange issue trying to get my xenon up and running.

alltec mpu, set on free play or on coin drop... cant start a game and when you start the machine up it shows 2 credits and the ball in play lights are always illuminated, otherwise game goes thru its light show and says "try xenon"...

no blown fuses, have power at the coin door coil.

cant go into test mode. ive been in test mode before... so not sure what that is all about.

the tilt light is not on, but if i tilt the game "tilt" stays illuminated.

any ideas? I can start a help thread but figured id start here first, thanks for any input!

#314 4 years ago

The tilt light will operate whether you are playing a game or not so yours seems normal. Does it always show the same two credits or do you mean it adds two everytime you turn it on? There is a dip switch you are supposed to set to hide credits to make the free play function work. Have you done that?

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

The tilt light will operate whether you are playing a game or not so yours seems normal. Does it always show the same two credits or do you mean it adds two everytime you turn it on? There is a dip switch you are supposed to set to hide credits to make the free play function work. Have you done that?

It always boots to 2 credits
I just put it on free play to test it cause previously I coined it up with the coin door. I will see what dip needs to be adjusted for Freeplay to hide credits but I fear the issue is deeper than that since it did it when it was on coin op

#316 4 years ago

Make sure both balls are in the trough. Game will not start without them. Sometimes the switches in the ball trough need adjusting as well.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Make sure both balls are in the trough. Game will not start without them. Sometimes the switches in the ball trough need adjusting as well.

They are both there. Can't get to switch test to see if it works haha. It has worked because I have played a full game perviously and tested multiball

#318 4 years ago

You need to get into test mode to sort this out. Does the button not respond at all? Try unplugging the coin door connector and checking it is not corroded.

#319 4 years ago

Have the plug in connectors at the mpu been worked on after the Alltec board was installed? If not I would look into replacing those.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

You need to get into test mode to sort this out. Does the button not respond at all? Try unplugging the coin door connector and checking it is not corroded.

Button does not respond at all. It previously did. When it worked I had a blown fuse at f4 on the rectifier board. Everything worked including test button. Replaced the fuse and verified those coils worked then went about my business repopulating the top side and replacing bulbs/rubbers. Got it ready to go and now i can't start a game . Connectors are all good

#321 4 years ago

Connectors are all good

They were changed out??

How many flashes of the Greenlight are you getting off your mpu

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

They were changed out??
How many flashes of the Greenlight are you getting off your mpu

Connectors on MPU are new

I will check, not at home at the moment

1 week later
#323 4 years ago

Picked my Xenon up 2 days ago, so new club member here.
Now to start the repairs to get it working again.
I just want it flipping and playing while I finish my Space Invaders restore and Flight 2000 re-control.
Biggest issues currently are:
-Melted slingshot coils (both of them), removing the plungers will be fun
-multiple bad transistors on the SDB
-both flippers in serious need of rebuild
-several bad SCRs on lamp drivers
-Rectifier board has a bad bridge, a "replacement" was stuck to the board mounting plate and wired to the top of the board with random 12ga wire
-5-6 bad connectors that have random wires just soldered to the boards
-doorbell screwed to front of cab for "free play"
-coin door frame destroyed (coin door wont close)
-backbox bottom apparently was ripped off at some point and was poorly repaired
-sound\voice works weakly, likely needs connectors\caps replaced

There is probably more, but I haven't dug in much further yet.
Should be fun getting this one working completely.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

Picked my Xenon up 2 days ago, so new club member here.
Now to start the repairs to get it working again.
I just want it flipping and playing while I finish my Space Invaders restore and Flight 2000 re-control.
Biggest issues currently are:
-Melted slingshot coils (both of them), removing the plungers will be fun
-multiple bad transistors on the SDB
-both flippers in serious need of rebuild
-several bad SCRs on lamp drivers
-Rectifier board has a bad bridge, a "replacement" was stuck to the board mounting plate and wired to the top of the board with random 12ga wire
-5-6 bad connectors that have random wires just soldered to the boards
-doorbell screwed to front of cab for "free play"
-coin door frame destroyed (coin door wont close)
-backbox bottom apparently was ripped off at some point and was poorly repaired
-sound\voice works weakly, likely needs connectors\caps replaced
There is probably more, but I haven't dug in much further yet.
Should be fun getting this one working completely.

Good luck. Sounds like a lot of work

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Good luck. Sounds like a lot of work

At home today and started to really take a look at everything.
Yea it'll be a lot of work. Nothing compared to my Space Invaders restore, but its going to be a bit of work.

My biggest concern is finding a few parts that I discovered I'm missing.
-Cover for the tube shot switch\light bar connector area is missing the left half.
-tube is scratched up pretty badly, not sure I can clean that up or where to get a replacement

Good news is all the original boards should be able to be saved.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

tube is scratched up pretty badly, not sure I can clean that up or where to get a replacement

If someone has the tube for sale... you can buy it from them.
Other than that, a good plastic supply house should have the clear tubes on sale ...
You just need to get the right size and if you are lucky...
they might even cut the tube to the right length.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

If someone has the tube for sale... you can buy it from them.
Other than that, a good plastic supply house should have the clear tubes on sale ...
You just need to get the right size and if you are lucky...
they might even cut the tube to the right length.

I may have a spare tube. I'll have to check. Got two xenon projects and some parts. Still working on them

#328 4 years ago

I may have a spare tube. I'll have to check. Got two xenon projects and some parts. Still working on them

Do you have a spare switch cover for the switch leading into the tube as well? something tells me that would be harder to find. I'm specifically missing the left side that covers the connector to the tube light bar.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

Do you have a spare switch cover for the switch leading into the tube as well? something tells me that would be harder to find. I'm specifically missing the left side that covers the connector to the tube light bar.

i do not have that and one of mine is missing it as well

#330 4 years ago

i do not have that and one of mine is missing it as well

Darn, I might have to get creative as I'm not confident on finding a replacement...

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from JDissen87:

Darn, I might have to get creative as I'm not confident on finding a replacement...

See post # 108. I've had several Xenon's plus 2 parts playfields and they are usually missing. Not even a part number in any manual.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

See post # 108. I've had several Xenon's plus 2 parts playfields and they are usually missing. Not even a part number in any manual.

Wish someone with the part would post measurements. I have access to someone who could create new ones. If a owner would be willing, please send me the measurements for both parts.
Mike

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Wish someone with the part would post measurements. I have access to someone who could create new ones. If a owner would be willing, please send me the measurements for both parts.
Mike

I can do that, give me a few minutes. I'll pull mine off my PF.

#334 4 years ago

Let me know if you need more.

DSCN5116 (resized).JPGDSCN5116 (resized).JPGDSCN5117 (resized).JPGDSCN5117 (resized).JPGDSCN5118 (resized).JPGDSCN5118 (resized).JPGDSCN5119 (resized).JPGDSCN5119 (resized).JPGDSCN5120 (resized).JPGDSCN5120 (resized).JPGDSCN5121 (resized).JPGDSCN5121 (resized).JPGDSCN5122 (resized).JPGDSCN5122 (resized).JPGDSCN5123 (resized).JPGDSCN5123 (resized).JPGDSCN5124 (resized).JPGDSCN5124 (resized).JPGDSCN5125 (resized).JPGDSCN5125 (resized).JPGDSCN5126 (resized).JPGDSCN5126 (resized).JPGDSCN5127 (resized).JPGDSCN5127 (resized).JPGDSCN5128 (resized).JPGDSCN5128 (resized).JPGDSCN5129 (resized).JPGDSCN5129 (resized).JPG
#335 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Let me know if you need more.

If you could... cover each part with masking tape and draw around the edges and holes...

Flattin the masking tape patterns, and if he could pay for the mailing for the patterns.
That way, one has an kind of an accurate set of patterns to be fabricated.

#336 4 years ago

Backglass availability Info:

I emailed CPR to remove my name from preorder list since I had found a NIB Playfield locally, but still needed a backglass.

Be sure to read the NEXT TO THE LAST SENTENCE in his response

Copied from todays emails with CPR:

On May 31, 2019 at 9:54 AM Kevin Wayte <[email protected]> wrote:

On 5/31/2019 10:48 AM, A AUTO DOGZ wrote:
> Kevin, I found one of your PF's NIB from 2009!
>
> But I still need a backglass!
>
>

If you want a fresh Xenon from the 2019 run, we just started shipping a week ago...

Been emailing everybody who didn't get an email for the 2018 run... so you were probably yet to get your email, as we're only halfway through the folks so far.

I'll paste the instructions below, just in case. As for the Xenon backglass, it IS coming in the next 3-5 months. Just keep an eye on our site.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

If you could... cover each part with masking tape and draw around the edges and holes...
Flattin the masking tape patterns, and if he could pay for the mailing for the patterns.
That way, one has an kind of an accurate set of patterns to be fabricated.

Yes I was going to suggest the same. Even scanning the tracings would work. With the measurments and the scans, I think they could be reproduced.
Thanks for posting!
Mike

2 weeks later
#338 4 years ago

well I got my game up and running but its shooting two balls into the playfield everytime. If I stage a ball in the capture hole I can play a whole game but if I get to multiball and both balls drain it will shoot both into the shooterlane. When its shooting both into the shooter lane I will never progress past ball 1, like it never drains. If I play with the 1 ball in the trough and 1 in the capture hole, everything works. Any idea what to look at? Switches work when its just 1 ball so not sure why a 2nd would cause that problem

#339 4 years ago

Considering purchasing a project Xenon but it is missing the front mirrored back glass. Does anyone make these and if so how much are they?? Also the rear backglass has flaking, does a replacement translite work well for this issue? Is there any difference in the mirroring effects?

#340 4 years ago

Infinite- I think this has to do with the switch in the left saucer and the switch before the saucer. There are some threads about it because how it works doesn’t really make sense.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Infinite- I think this has to do with the switch in the left saucer and the switch before the saucer. There are some threads about it because how it works doesn’t really make sense.

Thanks, I will do some digging!

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Was def the issue! Fixed the trough switch gapping and it's good to go! Thanks !

I present to you my Bally Class of 1980s Prom King and Queen!

IMG_20190615_151837_524 (resized).jpgIMG_20190615_151837_524 (resized).jpg

#343 4 years ago

Washing machine made a mess of the positive braid for the pop bumpers and the photos I took are not helping me. So what I need to know is. Which combination do I use to feed the pop bumper lights? Green and orange? Red and white? Either of the pairs? Some other combination?

Been doing a total restoration on this the past 2 weeks. Haven’t asked any questions as I’ve just been reading as I go along, besides I read all i could find before the unit even got delivered. So I will consider this first question as my mulligan for you golfers out there. LoL

Anyone help a brother out so I can get back to work after I eat?

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Considering purchasing a project Xenon but it is missing the front mirrored back glass. Does anyone make these and if so how much are they?? Also the rear backglass has flaking, does a replacement translite work well for this issue? Is there any difference in the mirroring effects?

Neither backglass has been reproduced. Keep an eye on eBay, front glasses pop up pretty often. A translite will kill the infinity effect since the mirroring is not reproduced, but most of the effect is created by the corner mirrors so as long as you can source those you should be fine.

#345 4 years ago

do you need the outter backglass (kinda smoked outlines), or the inner backglass with the screen printed art? I think I still have an outer one from the 2 machines I used to make 1.

#346 4 years ago

I picked up a xenon a while back and noticed it has one cabinet speaker from the factory. Most of the pics on here seem to show two speakers. Anyone else with a one speaker cab?

5E747DFA-815A-45BC-BC78-B132D94CE6E0 (resized).jpeg5E747DFA-815A-45BC-BC78-B132D94CE6E0 (resized).jpeg
#347 4 years ago

both the two I own(ed) have/had two

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Grnrzr:

I picked up a xenon a while back and noticed it has one cabinet speaker from the factory. Most of the pics on here seem to show two speakers. Anyone else with a one speaker cab?[quoted image]

8 ohm speaker?

#349 4 years ago

Yes, it is an 8 ohm speaker.

#350 4 years ago

Disregard this, found one at marco with dimensions that will work.

Before I post a part wanted advertisement... I need to find a wire ball gate for the left side saucer. Only had this Xenon for 2 days prior to tearing it down to do a restoration with new playfield. Didn’t realize till today it did not have one when it arrived.

Getting close to finishing up this project so please let me know. I realize I can make one work from just about any game but if I can get one that I dont have to modify... you understand.

Ed Hess
856-761-5879
[email protected]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

There are 2,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon/page/7?hl=quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.