• Latest reply 5 days ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 10.09.14 AM (resized).png
There are 2,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 46.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Here is a picture of the general posts and rubber ring setup.
Lovef2k has posts length documentation, as noted.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the help!
Mike

#1452 2 years ago

Any fellow owners mind checking their MPU J2 connector #2 position to see whether it's empty or an orange (no stripe) wire goes there? The manual says there should be an orange wire, my game currently has nothing there, and I can't find any photos that clearly show it either way. Thanks!

#1453 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Any fellow owners mind checking their MPU J2 connector #2 position to see whether it's empty or an orange (no stripe) wire goes there? The manual says there should be an orange wire, my game currently has nothing there, and I can't find any photos that clearly show it either way. Thanks!

A4J2-2 = ST#1
[ all cabinet switches ]
1) ST1 to I7 {slam}
---ST1 to I6, I5, I4, I3 N.U.
---ST1 to I2 {coin #2}
---ST1 to I1 {coin #1}
---ST1 to I0 {coin #3}
-------------------------
2) ST1 is picked up by connector A4J3-3 [color 14] red-green.
--- too cabinet switch wiring harness.

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

A4J2-2 = ST#1
[ all cabinet switches ]
1) ST1 to I7 {slam}
---ST1 to I6, I5, I4, I3 N.U.
---ST1 to I2 {coin #2}
---ST1 to I1 {coin #1}
---ST1 to I0 {coin #3}
-------------------------
2) ST1 is picked up by connector A4J3-3 [color 14] red-green.
--- too cabinet switch wiring harness.

Way too over my head. Does this mean yes, orange wire in J2-2, or no, just empty space in J2-2?

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

empty space in J2-2?

Empty space.
ST#1 does not go to the playfield.

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Empty space.
ST#1 does not go to the playfield.

Great, thanks. Glad to know a prior owner didn't yank out a wire for whatever reason.

#1457 2 years ago

Re-crimped this rat's nest last night, shaking my head the whole time.

101_2513 (resized).JPG101_2513 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#1458 2 years ago

Finishing up my lighting choices before the big tear down. I like these spot lights for the upper PF. I need some suggestions to light up the apron/flipper/sling area.

C3307B85-0700-45DD-A013-857C39C3197B (resized).jpegC3307B85-0700-45DD-A013-857C39C3197B (resized).jpeg
#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

Finishing up my lighting choices before the big tear down. I like these spot lights for the upper PF. I need some suggestions to light up the apron/flipper/sling area.
[quoted image]

Comet or Titan has a apron led strip that you can use to light up under the flippers. Many colors to choose from. Lit posts for the sling area?

#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

[quoted image]

I like the ball trough LED strips, I have those same flippers and Id love to light them somehow, im sure there some kind of lit flipper bats available.

#1461 2 years ago

Would anyone trade there xenon for my Excalibur?

2 weeks later
#1462 2 years ago

Wow...I bought one of the last remaining 'gold' playfields from CPR a couple of years ago...looking at all of this has me amped up to start a swap...

IMG_0648 (resized).jpgIMG_0648 (resized).jpg
#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveB8:

Wow...I bought one of the last remaining 'gold' playfields from CPR a couple of years ago...looking at all of this has me amped up to start a swap...
[quoted image]

Sweet, I’m putting in a gold too. Currently tumbling and cleaning parts and sourcing new stuff.

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveB8:

[quoted image]

My only complaint, is the fact they never fixed the missing art work to the
right drain special red arrow. I guess they never will.

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

My only complaint, is the fact they never fixed the missing art work to the
right drain special red arrow. I guess they never will.

What is missing? I have the 2019 run but never really compared it to the original.

#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

What is missing? I have the 2019 run but never really compared it to the original.

See my post #109.

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

See my post #109.

Ok, I thought Vec-tor was talking about the red feature lamp arrow. My old PF doesn't have these arrows, so it must be another Bally anomaly. Serial number 10148.

#1468 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Ok, I thought Vec-tor was talking about the red feature lamp arrow. My old PF doesn't have these arrows, so it must be another Bally anomaly. Serial number 10148.

That PF was a NOS I bought in Germany had shipped here and clearcoated in 2004. I think Bally initially was going to make those arrows inserts because the slingshots had only one hole for a lamp. I drilled the PF and added the extra sling lamps

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

That PF was a NOS I bought in Germany had shipped here and clearcoated in 2004. I think Bally initially was going to make those arrows inserts because the slingshots had only one hole for a lamp. I drilled the PF and added the extra sling lamps

But what purpose would that have served? I don't see them in your pic post #109 but my upper sling switches have GI lamps tucked behind them.

#1470 2 years ago

I was thinking the round circle below the arrow might have been for an insert. But just guessing since Xenon was never meant to be multi-ball when 1st designed. Possible scoring feature.

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I was thinking the round circle below the arrow might have been for an insert.

I saw a playfield that had the blue inserts in the playfield.
CPR refused to add the extra inserts back into the playfield.
The game had two return lane gates that the yellow targets activated.
The ball time was too long, so the feature was cut.
Bally Cybernaut pinball is basically a "Xenon 2.0" just cut-uped;
that has the two gates put back in.

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

What is missing?

Scrutinize a CPR playfield left drain arrow insert artwork against an OEM
Xenon playfield .
You can see the artwork is missing. I do not know
if the playfield they used had that part damaged or not.

#1473 2 years ago

I had messages with Kruzman about different PF's and he has seen 4 versions. Figure that Bally was experimenting while developing it and different designs were produced. I have had 5 Xenon PF's, 3 games and my NOS PF was the only arrow outlane I've seen.

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I had messages with Kruzman about different PF's and he has seen 4 versions. Figure that Bally was experimenting while developing it and different designs were produced. I have had 5 Xenon PF's, 3 games and my NOS PF was the only arrow outlane I've seen.

This is my 3rd Xenon and I don't remember seeing the arrows on any of them. I should go back and review some pics. CPR usually relies on a donor pf for artwork, so whatever they get, we get. I don't have an issue with that since it's taken from an actually pf. When playing pinball, you're watching the ball, not the art so it's sort of trivial to me, JMHO. On the other hand, I like when they remake some of the prototype things like the boobs on Xenon or the sexy plastics for Star Trek.

#1475 2 years ago

On IPDB they show an experimental overlay with the arrows. However my PF is not an overlay. It was a silk screened PF that was NOS.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2821&picno=44331

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

On IPDB they show an experimental overlay with the arrows. However my PF is not an overlay. It was a silk screened PF that was NOS.
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2821&picno=44331

No arrows on the flyer either.

#1477 2 years ago

Hey Xenon-ers. I’m looking for an original (non-led) tube light bar. Holler if you have one you wanna part with.

1 week later
#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from Leftshoe:

Hey Xenon-ers. I’m looking for an original (non-led) tube light bar. Holler if you have one you wanna part with.

I found this on ebay. ebay.com link: itm

#1480 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Or this? WTH?!
ebay.com link: itm

I don't think this is a Xenon part. I don't even think it is a pinball part.

#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunfisch:

I don't think this is a Xenon part. I don't even think it is a pinball part.

It's strange that it's listed as a Bally pinball part. A mod perhaps? A very expensive one at that!

#1482 2 years ago

Does anyone have red score displays in their Xenon? Pics? The glasses in this game are stunning but the smoke mirror blocks some of the light from the displays. I was thinking the red would have more punch and also pick up the red in the back glass.

#1483 2 years ago

I ended up having to sell mine at TPF to make space for other games, but I put LISY displays with red digits in it. Really looked great, imo.

DB21A5F4-9523-4344-B773-903048FF8357 (resized).jpegDB21A5F4-9523-4344-B773-903048FF8357 (resized).jpeg
#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I ended up having to sell mine at TPF to make space for other games, but I put LISY displays with red digits in it. Really looked great, imo.
[quoted image]

I saw your game. I really liked the red displays as well, better than blue.

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I saw your game. I really liked the red displays as well, better than blue.

3A0262A3-A625-468D-AD3A-66523D624DEB.png3A0262A3-A625-468D-AD3A-66523D624DEB.png5F2FC1A6-AB86-4267-B14B-0BBFA940532D.jpeg5F2FC1A6-AB86-4267-B14B-0BBFA940532D.jpeg72DDE0DB-8DEC-480B-876F-DCEEFEBE6E79.gif72DDE0DB-8DEC-480B-876F-DCEEFEBE6E79.gif
#1486 2 years ago

Thanks, I wish I could’ve kept it since it was such a nice example. A pinsider ended up buying it.

I had originally put in blue displays. When I tested the red ones, I felt they looked better.

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My opinion doesn’t mean much anyway. Just look at this mess.

B2E6C425-D18A-4DCF-BD2E-13AFB544F2B6 (resized).jpegB2E6C425-D18A-4DCF-BD2E-13AFB544F2B6 (resized).jpeg
#1488 2 years ago

Now that I saw the red in the game thanks to @play_pinball, I like it! Blue isn't a bad choice either but I think there's enough blue on this game as it stands. It's nice to have these options now.

#1489 2 years ago

Do any of you xenon owners have an extra head you would be willing to sell. Please lmk if you do

#1490 2 years ago

Anyone powdercoat their legs/side rails/lockdown bar/coin door?

I’m doing a restoration and am trying to decide between Black powder coat (maybe with a mild silver flake??) vs polishing/regraining. I usually go with the original look but wondering about getting a little more artistic???

Thoughts?

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Anyone powdercoat their legs/side rails/lockdown bar/coin door?
I’m doing a restoration and am trying to decide between Black powder coat (maybe with a mild silver flake??) vs polishing/regraining. I usually go with the original look but wondering about getting a little more artistic???
Thoughts?

I prefer chrome personally. The Bally coin door looks fantastic with a nice chrome plate. If doing powder on the door, you have be careful not to go too thick as there's isn't much clearance between the door skin and trim. With PC, I like to pick on of the cab stencil colors. I did a Soy hunter last year by matching the blue in the cab decals. I matched the T molding to the PC color.

P7290047 (resized).JPGP7290047 (resized).JPGP7290051 (resized).JPGP7290051 (resized).JPGP7290053 (resized).JPGP7290053 (resized).JPG
#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I prefer chrome personally. The Bally coin door looks fantastic with a nice chrome plate. If doing powder on the door, you have be careful not to go too thick as there's isn't much clearance between the door skin and trim. With PC, I like to pick on of the cab stencil colors. I did a Soy hunter last year by matching the blue in the cab decals. I matched the T molding to the PC color.

20210730_111135 (resized).jpg20210730_111135 (resized).jpg
#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

I found this on ebay. ebay.com link: itm

Killer. Thanks

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Nice job on the Spy Hunter. I was looking around for a source for chrome side rails and the sites I was finding from a few years ago are now defunct.

I do think a black on Xenon would look good, maybe match the red as well but I’d like to keep it understated on this one.

#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Nice job on the Spy Hunter. I was looking around for a source for chrome side rails and the sites I was finding from a few years ago are now defunct.
I do think a black on Xenon would look good, maybe match the red as well but I’d like to keep it understated on this one.

I sent rails out for chrome. Never saw any for sale off the shelf.

#1496 2 years ago

Anyone off hand remember what MOtA stands for? I’m trying to explain it to Scott from Outside Edge he’s obsessing over what it could mean haha
Modular
O
Transformation
A
Something like that?

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

what MOtA stands for?

I just thought it was "Atom" spelled backwards. Atomic power was very fashionable these days

#1498 2 years ago

From Jeff Z:

I have not been able to determine the significance or meaning of the word (or acronym?) "MOTA" except that it's "atom" spelled backwards. The Exit Chamber also serves as the ball lock as noted above.

#1499 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I sent rails out for chrome. Never saw any for sale off the shelf.

I thought stainless did not take chrome well? Am I wrong here?

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone off hand remember what MOtA stands for? I’m trying to explain it to Scott from Outside Edge he’s obsessing over what it could mean haha

I could have sworn I read the answer somewhere once, but I just checked the playfield.... the plastics.... the backglass.... the apron cards.... and the flyer.... and.... nothing. Must have been imagining it.

Couple of questions/observations:

Red and blue lamp sleeves: I have a number of red lamp sleeves under the rear plastics, drops, and elsewhere that were original to the game. Flyer shows those and one blue sleeve under a plastic at the tail end of the tube. They kinda wash out the colors in the plastics though, especially the two rear ones. Can't decide whether to keep or eliminate them, especially since Xenon is a pretty dark game.

The plastic around the right pop bumper, in the "elbow" of the metal ramp: should the back of this be held up by two white spools, or two taller gray plastic standoffs, thus raising the rear of the plastic? I see both used, maybe they're both correct depending on production date. Mine had the tall gray standoffs but I'm switching them to spools b/c I like having the plastic flat. What do your games have?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon/page/30?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.