Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230304_185226 (resized).jpg
20230304_185219 (resized).jpg
20230304_185136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg
There are 2,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 46.
#1051 3 years ago

Anyone interested in a Hardtop at a discounted price? I picked one up under the auspices of getting a Xenon in the near future. 6 months and 3 opportunities have passed, so I'm just resigning this project as I read the adhesive has a 2-3 year shelf life. Still plenty of good time to get it applied but better to go to someone ready to use it.

#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

ops!
[quoted image]

Someone put in an interlock switch at some point and it looks like they may have had a bracket installed that would push that button in when the door is closed, are you sure that's not bouncing around somewhere in the bottom of the cabinet? As Luppin stated you may be able to pull that plunger out to keep it closed without having something on the door to push it in. I don't believe I've ever seen someone retrofit one of this into a Bally SS game.

#1053 3 years ago

yes, its an interlock, similar to the one I have on JM. but the JM interlock lock in when you close the door. this one no. I have found some pieces of metal lieing in the cabinet, and it looks like it has to be attached to the door so that when closed the machine can work. I will let you know when I find out.

by the way, I bought this machine few years ago, but been out of the hobby for a while during that time, so just started using it now. As I said when I joined the club, this machine looks like coming from france (game instructions in french on the card on the playfield), so when I set the machine up properly, I will post a video with the french voice, as promised long ago.

3 weeks later
#1054 3 years ago

Any recommendations for a rubber kit? I see some people made up kits on titan with clear rings, not sure if I’d prefer that to the original colors.

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from JerodP:

Any recommendations for a rubber kit? I see some people made up kits on titan with clear rings, not sure if I’d prefer that to the original colors.

I bought the standard kit from marco $16, works great.

1 week later
#1056 2 years ago

Anyone have a good suggestion to replace these? I’m looking on Amazon and EBay and I’m not sure what’s compatible.
I’m not looking for some $1049 Martin Logans, just something that’ll work for a decent price if anyone knows.

46549BDF-F6DF-4EA5-85CC-B209A092CCF4 (resized).jpeg46549BDF-F6DF-4EA5-85CC-B209A092CCF4 (resized).jpeg860AF62A-5F5B-42A9-A150-43AF0BCF19FC (resized).jpeg860AF62A-5F5B-42A9-A150-43AF0BCF19FC (resized).jpegE48C2101-1F00-4D42-BCEE-5049EB4DDBF0 (resized).jpegE48C2101-1F00-4D42-BCEE-5049EB4DDBF0 (resized).jpeg
#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:Anyone have a good suggestion to replace these? I’m looking on Amazon and EBay and I’m not sure what’s compatible.
I’m not looking for some $1049 Martin Logans, just something that’ll work for a decent price if anyone knows.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Id just keep those.

New ones won't sound any better, because the game was **tuned** to use those very lo-fi speakers.

New speakers (like lets say car stereo speakers) will have a ton of high frequency boost and probably sound too tinny

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone have a good suggestion to replace these? I’m looking on Amazon and EBay and I’m not sure what’s compatible.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would like to know as well, the ones in my FG were visibly distressed (cones dry out and tear/fall apart) and I replaced them with some "arcade replacements" as an interim measure but would like something with a bit more bass.

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I would like to know as well, the ones in my FG were visibly distressed (cones dry out and tear/fall apart) and I replaced them with some "arcade replacements" as an interim measure but would like something with a bit more bass.

I did something like that... I copied the base amp circuit to Williams F14 and
fitted the circuit to the main sound board etc.

#1060 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Id just keep those.
New ones won't sound any better, because the game was **tuned** to use those very lo-fi speakers.
New speakers (like lets say car stereo speakers) will have a ton of high frequency boost and probably sound too tinny

You bring up a good point. I had the opposite effect on my Firepower, the sound was way too muddy with what I thought was a good speaker.
I ended up finding these. For $20 shipped it’s worth a shot. If they sound like garbage then I’ll do my best to clean up the originals

07BFA763-7729-4F98-A848-57B2D1C52333 (resized).png07BFA763-7729-4F98-A848-57B2D1C52333 (resized).png8E6BDD7B-5B89-42CD-9871-4F8CB7C76BD1 (resized).png8E6BDD7B-5B89-42CD-9871-4F8CB7C76BD1 (resized).png
#1061 2 years ago

Im having a ball delivery issue that i cant seem to find a solution for. when servicing the game and the balls are removed and then replaced so both are just sitting at the trough entrance during a power up is it not supposed to kick the balls both into the staging area? If I place them both in the staging area and start a game it will eject one ball into the shooter lane and then a few seconds after the second ball. all 3 switches in the trough area are working correctly and are seen by the mpu when in test mode, and the wire switch for the second ball is properly closing when the second ball is stacked.

I also tried a new spare mpu board i have and it does the same thing.

Any thoughts?

#1062 2 years ago

Common issue with xenon. Xenon. Has 2 kickers for the the trough. So first ball should be sent over to the shooter lane kicker then second ball should remain in the center trough area until first ball gets kicked to the shooter lane.

If both balls are being sent to the shooter together then it's a timing issue with the micro switch under the apron. I disconnected the micro on mine and it has been working great.

The micro is supposed to tell the mpu where the ball is but for some reason it doesn't work as intended.

If ball is just sitting in the center trough area you may have dirty contacts or need adjustment. Test switch for closure with ball sitting there and not by pushing manually.

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

and the wire switch for the second ball is properly closing when the second ball is stacked.

Like Lovef2k said, it's a timing issue on the secondary switch in the trough. It tells the game in the unusual circumstance that there's a second ball there but the micro-switch must open straight after the ball moves forward a little. If that switch stays closed too long as the ball is rolling along the trough, the game doesn't sense that switch opening before the switch at the ball release kicker closes so it spits both balls out thinking there's two balls there.
Adjust the wireform on that micro-switch accordingly. It may take some tweaking to get right.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Like Lovef2k said, it's a timing issue on the secondary switch in the trough. It tells the game in the unusual circumstance that there's a second ball there but the micro-switch must open straight after the ball moves forward a little. If that switch stays closed too long as the ball is rolling along the trough, the game doesn't sense that switch opening before the switch at the ball release kicker closes so it spits both balls out thinking there's two balls there.
Adjust the wireform on that micro-switch accordingly. It may take some tweaking to get right.

Oh so the second ball if kicked over should just close then open the switch and not stay closed. I will make some adjustments to see what it does then. it was set up so the micro switch would stay closed if a second ball was stacked. All switches trigger with the balls and not just my finger so that are properly working when the balls are in place.

#1065 2 years ago

Anyone have a link for a replacement micro switch in question? Im getting fed up with tinkering with mine and im at "the replace the thing" point

#1066 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Anyone have a link for a replacement micro switch in question? Im getting fed up with tinkering with mine and im at "the replace the thing" point

Do what I did and it's free. Just desolder one of the wires to the micro and see what happens. Imo that micro isn't necessary.

I think it's the same switch found on bally coin doors if you really want to replace it.

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

it was set up so the micro switch would stay closed if a second ball was stacked

That's how it should be.
The only time you have two balls stacked there is if you lift the playfield for maintenance and the ball rolls from the outhole up the trough, or you're progressing through diagnostic mode to the audits. When you get to solenoid test the first solenoid to activate is the outhole kicker which will result in two stacked balls.

That micro-switch needs to open just after the second ball is allowed to move along the trough when the first ball is released to the shooter lane. The other thing is to make sure the switch at the ball release mech doesn't close too early.

Or do as Lovef2k did and disconnect that micro-switch. Two stacked balls does not happen under normal game circumstances. As long as a ball is sitting in the trough ball release zone, the other ball will stay in the outhole when there's no balls in play.

2 weeks later
#1068 2 years ago

Joined the Xenon club today! We added our fifth machine and it is beautiful Xenon. The only issue is whoever owned it before us was a GIANT and they put on 32 inch legs. We are getting some normal sized legs tomorrow afternoon and the machine will be a perfect 41 year old specimen.
20210514_134820 (resized).jpg20210514_134820 (resized).jpg

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Joined the Xenon club today! We added our fifth machine and it is beautiful Xenon. The only issue is whoever owned it before us was a GIANT and they put on 32 inch legs. We are getting some normal sized legs tomorrow afternoon and the machine will be a perfect 41 year old specimen.
[quoted image]

Welcome! Playfield art looks different? Could you take a closer shot? just curious. thanks!

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Welcome! Playfield art looks different? Could you take a closer shot? just curious. thanks!

It's definitely off color wise. The area above the 20K & 40K inserts should be red. Overlay?

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Quoted from tomdrum:

It's definitely off color wise. The area above the 20K & 40K inserts should be red. Overlay?

As you can see in the close-up below, the playfield has definitely been "repaired" and I think that is where the strange colors come from. It also has some pretty noticeable divots or repaired damage that does effect the ball, I am planning to put a hard-top on it because of the .... strangeness. Otherwise it is in VERY nice condition, BG is surprisingly nice, etc.

20210514_161928 (resized).jpg20210514_161928 (resized).jpg

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I am planning to put a hard-top on it

See post #1051, a discounted hardtop for sale.

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

See post #1051, a discounted hardtop for sale.

It’s funny. Since I made that post a few weeks ago I actually picked up a Xenon! That said, I still don’t need the hardtop because the pf I got is super nice. PM me if interested Var1AbL3

9F3F7861-F487-4699-8EBC-2E2B36B35779.jpeg9F3F7861-F487-4699-8EBC-2E2B36B35779.jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

Update: Hardtop is sold.

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

It’s funny. Since I made that post a few weeks ago I actually picked up a Xenon! That said, I still don’t need the hardtop because the pf I got is super nice. PM me if interested Var1AbL3
[quoted image]

That is in really good shape, even with the mylar on it.

1 week later
#1075 2 years ago

Anyone know where to source the 2-3/4" #6 screws that hold the back ramp covers in place? Best I can find is 3" -- and only sold in a pack of 100 . I'd thought about converting it to a machine screw with a t-nut, but there's a pesky switch bracket right under there on the bottom of the playfield.

#1076 2 years ago

Anyone know where to source the 2-3/4" #6 screws that hold the back ramp covers in place? Best I can find is 3" -- and only sold in a pack of 100 . I'd thought about converting it to a machine screw with a t-nut, but there's a pesky switch bracket right under there on the bottom of the playfield.

That's a tough one to find. Are you measuring the threads only? I have a bunch of spares. PM me your address and I'll throw a few in the mail. Just be sure of the length. From my experience, the ramp switch cover screws are well over 2 3/4, or are these for something else? Pic?

#1077 2 years ago

The one on top is the longest #6 I could find locally (and it has the wrong screw head)

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1078 2 years ago

In switch self test I get number 21 flashing #4 drop target. On the inside of the drop target assembly there is a braided wire running from drop target 1 to 3 and there seems to be a piece missing to number four. Should there be a piece connecting it and if so what type of wire is it?

029A61A2-9D8B-4835-89F3-D3F909CEEADF (resized).jpeg029A61A2-9D8B-4835-89F3-D3F909CEEADF (resized).jpegDF89422D-BC7D-4242-A9C5-2FE6E1314A0F (resized).jpegDF89422D-BC7D-4242-A9C5-2FE6E1314A0F (resized).jpeg
#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

In switch self test I get number 21 flashing #4 drop target. On the inside of the drop target assembly there is a braided wire running from drop target 1 to 3 and there seems to be a piece missing to number four. Should there be a piece connecting it and if so what type of wire is it?
[quoted image][quoted image]

This might help
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thruster-i-just-met-her-xenon-restoration-/page/3#post-6063901

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You are showing us coils but you are doing a switch test? What prompted you to do a switch test? From the pic, it looks like the braid ends at the 4th coil. Have you ran the coil test, if so, do all coils fire?

If a switch shows closed during switch test, especially a DT that is in the reset position, usually indicates a shorted diode on that switch or a physical issue making the switch short. Also the switched on the rear of the DT bank are vulnerable since they face outward and often get thrown out of adjustment by the PF prop rod hitting them by accident.

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

You are showing us coils but you are doing a switch test? What prompted you to do a switch test? From the pic, it looks like the braid ends at the 4th coil. Have you ran the coil test, if so, do all coils fire?
If a switch shows closed during switch test, especially a DT that is in the reset position, usually indicates a shorted diode on that switch or a physical issue making the switch short. Also the switched on the rear of the DT bank are vulnerable since they face outward and often get thrown out of adjustment by the PF prop rod hitting them by accident.

New pinball owner trying to get this Xenon going. Thanks

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

New pinball owner trying to get this Xenon going. Thanks

We're here for ya. Just tell us anything that doesn't look or seem right.

#1083 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I could possibly source 2 original tube clamps? Or a possible decent looking replacement? I picked up a Xenon a few months ago and am slowly but surely de-hacking it. The tube was hot glued in place and looked terrible. I cleaned it all off and now have a nicer looking black Velcro system temporarily. Any help would be appreciated!

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Does anyone know where I could possibly source 2 original tube clamps? Or a possible decent looking replacement? I picked up a Xenon a few months ago and am slowly but surely de-hacking it. The tube was hot glued in place and looked terrible. I cleaned it all off and now have a nicer looking black Velcro system temporarily. Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7655-24

#1085 2 years ago

This one is more typical of the original design. Not sure if the open ended one would hold the tube as well, but I could be wrong.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/040-5000-10

#1086 2 years ago

This one is more typical of the original design. Not sure if the open ended one would hold the tube as well, but I could be wrong.

Agreed, I have a bunch of new ones. dscapo if you want a pair I can send you some for a couple dollars for postage if you aren't ordering anything from Marco in the near future.

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Agreed, I have a bunch of new ones. dscapo if you want a pair I can send you some for a couple dollars for postage if you aren't ordering anything from Marco in the near future.

I appreciate the offer. I’m ordering stuff from marcos every other week so I’ll add some next time. Thanks

#1088 2 years ago

Thanks for the link!

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Lovef2k you have a kind heart.

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I appreciate the offer. I’m ordering stuff from marcos every other week so I’ll add some next time. Thanks

Good to hear, I wish they had used something nicer than a stupid harness clamp LOL!

#1092 2 years ago

Dual question here:

1. Left side of the pic, my game appears to be missing this little cover. Anyone have a lead on one or a good picture of what one looks like to recreate it?

2. Anyone have some solid pics of the spacer posts behind here? I am pretty sure my ramp was put together wrong when I got it. And I may have mixed up my pieces, so who knows what goes where at this point? I sure don't!

(pic borrowed from earlier in the thread)

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.07.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.07.38 PM (resized).png
#1093 2 years ago

Dual question here:
1. Left side of the pic, my game appears to be missing this little cover. Anyone have a lead on one or a good picture of what one looks like to recreate it?
2. Anyone have some solid pics of the spacer posts behind here? I am pretty sure my ramp was put together wrong when I got it. And I may have mixed up my pieces, so who knows what goes where at this point? I sure don't!
(pic borrowed from earlier in the thread)
[quoted image]

#1 flat bar stock with a right angle bend at the end.
#2 spool spacer with grey spacer and fabric washers to hold lamp strip.

#1094 2 years ago

Cool, I think I have an idea how to recreate that missing bar if it's just that.

Right, but which spacers go where? One of mine was doubled-up for a really really long screw that I ultimately don't know to be original or necessary. Maybe worth noting that my LED strip and its mounts were completely missing so I'm kind of attacking it without firsthand experience.

#1095 2 years ago

Bottom to top
1) spool spacer [white]
2)grey spacer
3) felt/fabric washer
4) pcb lamp
5) felt/fabric washer
6) #6 metal washer
7) phillips round head #6 screw [long ]
Note: Search the photo morgue of this club for pictures of area of interests.

#1096 2 years ago

See post #608. I sent him my spare to produce them.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Bottom to top
Note: Search the photo morgue of this club for pictures of area of interests.

I always do this when in need. I couldn’t discern this particular area as most pics are from the standard player view. Thanks for the notes. I’m gonna have to find the felt/fabric covering as that’s missing on mine too.

#1098 2 years ago

Well one problem solved. I took a ball gate, snipped one end off, rounded the corners with a dremel, and drilled a hole. Looks good to my eyes.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 2.56.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-10 at 2.56.36 PM (resized).png
#1099 2 years ago

Xenon was the first game I put up here on my wishlist back in 2013.....and I finally brought one home tonight! It was in a hoarder's house along with a Lost World, a Comet, a Fireball home version, a T2 arcade, and a couple dozen slot machines. Luckily the MPU battery had been swapped out so no corrosion damage. Cabinet has a few obligatory paint nicks, coindoor is beautiful, backglasses are beautiful, and the playfield is amazing. Guessing the hoarder guy just had it sitting untouched for years, which helped with the lack of wear. I bought a CPR PF years ago from the last silkscreened run because every Xenon I see is blown out to some extent, but now I don't think I'll need to use it. Pics to come once I clean it up a little.

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Xenon was the first game I put up here on my wishlist back in 2013.....and I finally brought one home tonight! It was in a hoarder's house along with a Lost World, a Comet, a Fireball home version, a T2 arcade, and a couple dozen slot machines. Luckily the MPU battery had been swapped out so no corrosion damage. Cabinet has a few obligatory paint nicks, coindoor is beautiful, backglasses are beautiful, and the playfield is amazing. Guessing the hoarder guy just had it sitting untouched for years, which helped with the lack of wear. I bought a CPR PF years ago from the last silkscreened run because every Xenon I see is blown out to some extent, but now I don't think I'll need to use it. Pics to come once I clean it up a little.

Nice score!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

There are 2,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon/page/22?hl=pyrotech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.