Topic Stats

• 715 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200804_205102 (resized).jpg
20200804_205209 (resized).jpg
20200804_205240 (resized).jpg
20200804_205157 (resized).jpg
20191005_163252_resized_1 (resized).jpg
20200801_031532 (resized).jpg
291016302 (resized).jpg
A82B82D4-A710-4C46-BEE3-809BD8CF81EC (resized).jpeg
F22E4E9A-E6DA-4DB7-A381-223D4976B36A (resized).jpeg
74738C03-B369-41A8-8DF7-147EFF03B4F9 (resized).jpeg
E73BEF94-B1F4-4D3E-A605-5FD4F962DF0D (resized).jpeg
20200528_090708_1.gif
10 xenon led strip on white (resized).jpg
15 xenon led strip on white (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 715 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 8 days ago

Can you send a photo of your leg color? . I'm curious now.. maybe there is some factory variation. I'm pretty sure mine have not been repainted.

#702 8 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Can you send a photo of your leg color? . I'm curious now.. maybe there is some factory variation. I'm pretty sure mine have not been repainted.

It's a dark charcoal color, I'll try

#703 7 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It's a dark charcoal color, I'll try

Thanks I see now and agree.. I stand corrected and sit in the corner for shame :/

I took a look at the legs on Elektra and started to see some finish flaking off my Xenon legs, so it does appear to be a dark grey underneath for sure.

(The leg currently on Elektra is correct I believe, the leg on the outside has been repainted with black, which helps to show that the original leg is not quite black as others have stated.)

20200801_031532 (resized).jpg
#704 7 days ago
Quoted from koji:

Thanks I see now and agree.. I stand corrected and sit in the corner for shame :/

Nah, all cool bro. After being out in the field for 40 years.. stuff gets swapped around and monkeyed something fierce.

Picture of mine right after it came home and I was going through it.

20191005_163252_resized_1 (resized).jpg
#705 5 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I would put some penetrating oil on the levelers and soak for a while. Use vise grips to remove the old studs from the levelers and replace w new. Buy 2 inch for front legs and 3 inch for rear. Right now you probably cannot level the game from side to side with frozen levelers.
Game pitch is player preference. If you like fast , place a 3/4 inch piece of lumber under the rear legs for now.
Not much you can do about game height except use longer legs than the factory 28.5. Old bally games look dwarfed to me when lined up w newer games.

Thanks everyone for the confirmation that the legs on mine are not original, or the right size. I'll need to order a new set.

#706 5 days ago
Quoted from Patcraig1:

Thanks everyone for the confirmation that the legs on mine are not original, or the right size. I'll need to order a new set.

May I suggest these?

https://www.pinballlife.com/bally-gray-legs-set-of-4.html

#707 5 days ago

Thanks for the link! those look like the right ones for sure.

#708 5 days ago
Quoted from Patcraig1:

Does anyone know the actual height that Xenon should be set to?

Level the bottom of the cabinet and it will be set up as intended.

#709 3 days ago

Please help or advise if you can.

I have a Xenon #9810 that had an overlay installed by the previous owner. I am going to do a PF swap. I have to choose between a new in box CPR Gold replacement, or an NOS playfield that is showing signs of lacquer crazing and has some scratches and paint damage (see pics).

In any case, I would have the NOS playfield professionally restored / repaired and then clear coated. Who would you suggest that I send the NOS playfield to for paint repair and clear coating?

I will be doing the PF Swap, and I'm currently making a PF rotisserie from a miter saw stand

Which one (NOS or CPR playfield) should go in my machine? I realize there may be no right or wrong answer. I just would like to hear what others think, especially from those that might have done some swaps using both NOS and CPR playfields.

Thanks in advance, mk

20200804_205102 (resized).jpg20200804_205209 (resized).jpg20200804_205240 (resized).jpg20200804_205157 (resized).jpg
#710 3 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I have a Xenon #9810 that had an overlay installed by the previous owner. I am going to do a PF swap. I have to choose between a new in box CPR Gold replacement, or an NOS playfield that is showing signs of lacquer crazing and has some scratches and paint damage (see pics).
In any case, I would have the NOS playfield professionally restored / repaired and then clear coated. Who would you suggest that I send the NOS playfield to for paint repair and clear coating?
I will be doing the PF Swap, and I'm currently making a PF rotisserie from a miter saw stand
Which one (NOS or CPR playfield) should go in my machine? I realize there may be no right or wrong answer. I just would like to hear what others think, especially from those that might have done some swaps using both NOS and CPR playfields.

If the price is the same, then I'd go NOS for sure.. I mean, it's original, the color and cut and placement is spec by definition. The real thing.

In addition, you can get exactly the kind of finish and clear you want.

Sorry, I don't have any recommendations on who to do the work in the east.. but would recommend looking local, as it seems every region has some great people doing this type of work.. just need to find them, and be patient with their timelines.

#711 3 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Thanks in advance, mk [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nos since you are clearing it.

#712 3 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Nos since you are clearing it.

Ditto for me. N.O.S. has more detail than the reproduction.

#713 3 days ago

I'd default to saying NOS but it's going to cost you $$$ to get it professionally touched up and cleared sot the question of "how much do you want to spend" is an important one. Ron Kruzman and Neo Skywalker are the two that I know of that still do this service, kruzman has a thread that he updates fairly regularly on his status, project backlogs and process. When was that CPR Gold made, that may make a difference in the decision as well.

#714 3 days ago

Thanks for the responses. I do own both the CPR and the NOS Xenon PF. The CPR Gold Xenon is the most recent run. The NOS Xenon was stored in the rafters of a warehouse for over 20 years, and was not properly wrapped. This is where the scratches came from.

I was thinking initially to just use the CPR Gold, as it is already cleared, but almost everyone is telling me to use the NOS after it is cleared and restored.

#715 3 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Thanks for the responses. I do own both the CPR and the NOS Xenon PF. The CPR Gold Xenon is the most recent run. The NOS Xenon was stored in the rafters of a warehouse for over 20 years, and was not properly wrapped. This is where the scratches came from.
I was thinking initially to just use the CPR Gold, as it is already cleared, but almost everyone is telling me to use the NOS after it is cleared and restored.

I'm anything but an expert on this but what I've heard it the NOS ones will take a lot of work including replacing some of the inserts that will have crazed and / or cracked over time. If it wasn't stored in a climate controlled atmosphere I can only imagine it would be even more so in need of that kind of work so be prepared for a sticker shock to have it professionally restored and cleared.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 17.00
There are 715 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside