Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230304_185226 (resized).jpg
20230304_185219 (resized).jpg
20230304_185136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg
There are 2,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.
#651 3 years ago

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs?variant=1806558101548

44, Ice Blue, Frosted in the selections

FYI - mine are regular blue in the chaser lights, cool white behind the Backglass.

#652 3 years ago

I couldn't quite look up post on this but I am wondering if there is a better solution than having a post by the apron near the center drain? I am getting quite a lot of bounce back up, either through center drain of left outlane...

I tried with or without a rubber but it doesn't make a big difference. What is the impact to just remove it?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#653 3 years ago

The purpose of the mini post, was for the ball to bounce back after a failed ramp shot.
If your game is pitched at such a height that it makes no sense to have it...
I would just remove the mini post assembly from the game.
I would fined a button plug and use it to patch the hole.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I couldn't quite look up post on this but I am wondering if there is a better solution than having a post by the apron near the center drain? I am getting quite a lot of bounce back up, either through center drain of left outlane...
I tried with or without a rubber but it doesn't make a big difference. What is the impact to just remove it?

I love that post and consider it a major feature. I find it provides a chance at a lazerus about 1 in 5 balls or so on mine, coming down the left outlane with enough speed will bounce the ball to the flippers... no nudge required, so a legal play .

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I love that post and consider it a major feature. I find it provides a chance at a lazerus about 1 in 5 balls or so on mine, coming down the left outlane with enough speed will bounce the ball to the flippers... no nudge required, so a legal play .

I played a Xenon that did that back when the game was in the arcades... Good times.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I would fined a button plug and use it to patch the hole.

A button plug? something to plug the hole from removing the post you mean? I am not sure i have seen those before but it sounds like a good idea.

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]

There was a Xenon on location I played at that would bounce the ball back up on a left lane drain if it had some good velocity .... I never complained about it then

I suppose manipulating the way the ball travels down the apron to that post will resolve that issue. My machine is away from me at the moment. A left out-lane drain on my machine was always as designed.

A center drain and a "Lazerouse" off that post would be considered fair-play and it does take a bit of skill to NOT FLIP.

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I love that post and consider it a major feature.

This shifted post is a great idea from Bally, and I think the only pinball that uses it.

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from Manu2:

This shifted post is a great idea from Bally, and I think the only pinball that uses it.

I have a williams blue chip that has the same post...great thing to have. I'm not sure if it's factory or not.

#660 3 years ago

Good morning everyone! My xenon has certainly seen it’s fair share of action over the years in regards to the play field. Do you guys have any knowledge in touching up paint on play fields? Is it possible? If so what type of paint does it require?

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Good morning everyone! My xenon has certainly seen it’s fair share of action over the years in regards to the play field. Do you guys have any knowledge in touching up paint on play fields? Is it possible? If so what type of paint does it require?

Yes it is possible, acrylic craft paint has the widest selection of colors. If you are good at mixing colors to match what is there, airbrushing the touchups will yield the best results. Search playfield restoration on this site and you will find lots of examples and a few tutorials.

#662 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Yes it is possible, acrylic craft paint has the widest selection of colors. If you are good at mixing colors to match what is there, airbrushing the touchups will yield the best results. Search playfield restoration on this site and you will find lots of examples and a few tutorials.

Thanks so much!!

#663 3 years ago

Made this translite to go behind my blown out backglass but my game sold before it got here
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#664 3 years ago

What do you folks think the winning strategy is on this game?

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Once you get multiball you light the spinner, even after one ball drains. Keep ripping the spinner.

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

I like to max-out the tube award; especially when it is on one advance at a time.

#667 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Once you get multiball you light the spinner, even after one ball drains. Keep ripping the spinner.

Hmm not sure if my spinners registering! Multi ball was activated, blue light went on, quite a bit of time passed with now just one ball (light still on) hit the spinner and no sound and did t advance the score.

So does that sound like it doesn’t work? If not how hard is that to fix?

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Hmm not sure if my spinners registering! Multi ball was activated, blue light went on, quite a bit of time passed with now just one ball (light still on) hit the spinner and no sound and did t advance the score.
So does that sound like it doesn’t work? If not how hard is that to fix?

Your spinner switch probably just needs adjusted. Start a game and use your hand to close the switch. It should register even without multi-ball.

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Your spinner switch probably just needs adjusted. Start a game and use your hand to close the switch. It should register even without multi-ball.

Is the switch underneath the play field? Also should it be closed our open? Or should I just file the contact a bit?

#670 3 years ago

Should be open and the spinner closes it over and over. Will be pretty straightforward when you look at it.

Don’t file it it’s a low voltage switch just clean it if necessary.

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Should be open and the spinner closes it over and over. Will be pretty straightforward when you look at it.
Don’t file it it’s a low voltage switch just clean it if necessary.

Correct, never file any gold plated switch contacts; I like to use a clean piece of paper with a touch acetone on it to pull through the contacts points.

The only time you can file contacts on a solid state is on a title like Haunted House or Black Hole which has MPU controlled EM style relays for the flipper power and GI control.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Correct, never file any gold plated switch contacts; I like to use a clean piece of paper with a touch acetone on it to pull through the contacts points.
The only time you can file contacts on a solid state is on a title like Haunted House or Black Hole which has MPU controlled EM style relays for the flipper power and GI control.

You can also file the flipper EOS and cabinet flipper switches.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

You can also file the flipper EOS and cabinet flipper switches.

Have to be careful on that too as some titles have flipper control boards like Data East.

#674 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Have to be careful on that too as some titles have flipper control boards like Data East.

Oh ok. I was talking more about the early solid state games.

#675 3 years ago

I only use a file if I have a pit that catches the contacts.
Other than that I buff the points to the flippers ( old style )
with a thin metal strip that I have had for a long time.

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

Way more points on the tube shot potentially. Spinners when lit might give you 15 to 20 thousand at most. Tube shot can be worth 50 60 70 80 thousand!

#677 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Tube shot can be worth 50 60 70 80 thousand!

Ding,Ding.

#678 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to de activate Attract mode on the game?

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

You could open the back box, and unplug the convectors to the lamp boards and the speech board.
That way you could only have the displays present.

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Dip switch 29 off ???? If Your talking about the speech part ? "Try Xeeee-non" on one page of manual it says it repeats every 2 minutes. another page in the manual it says it's just the at the end where it says "Try me again" https://www.ipdb.org/files/2821/Bally_1980_Xenon_Manual_And_Schematics.pdf

As for the flashing lights I don't think so.

1 week later
#681 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a new light strip for the tube or a real cool Mod? We just open a Biz here on Pinside and we have new light strips. Two versions available. One is just like the original version with 10 LEDs in Red, White or Blue. The 2nd version is a 15 LED strip that lights every 5th LED and they chase across the strip (super cool). Those also can be in Red, White or Blue. Here are two YouTube videos showing each. We are listed on Pinside under B & K Mods or look under Xenon parts.

The 10 LED strip:

The 15 LED strip:

10 xenon led strip on white (resized).jpg10 xenon led strip on white (resized).jpg15 xenon led strip on white (resized).jpg15 xenon led strip on white (resized).jpg

#682 3 years ago

For light strips I should have had this link in my last post. B & K shop link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1261-b-amp-k-mods

#683 3 years ago

Blue LED mod complete!

20200528_090708_1.gif20200528_090708_1.gif
#684 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Blue LED mod complete![quoted image]

These look nice but I'm not really a fan of the blue, can you post a video of the white one from the players perspective please? I'd like to see how well the light disperses as some LEDs are pretty directional.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

These look nice but I'm not really a fan of the blue, can you post a video of the white one from the players perspective please? I'd like to see how well the light disperses as some LEDs are pretty directional.

Sorry, no video of the original dim incandescents

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Sorry, no video of the original dim incandescents

Sorry I should have responded to igo4rams post, not yours. I have incandescents in mine (though not the originals) so I don't need video of that, I'd like to see the white version of their mod in action.

#687 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sorry I should have responded to igo4rams post, not yours. I have incandescents in mine (though not the originals) so I don't need video of that, I'd like to see the white version of their mod in action.

I will try and post a white LED version, but my iphone is not the best way to show off these strips (the blues are very blue but don't look blue with my iphone). The white is very bright, they look best from the side and that works great for these strips.

#688 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a Xenon? I figured I would post here prior to an ad. I love the game. Xenon was my first machine. I bought this one (my second) with the intent of putting a hardtop on it. IT has some pretty good wear in the middle of the playfield (hence the hardtop). It was flipping when I bought it. I am not going to get to it for a bit unfortunately.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Anyone looking for a Xenon? I figured I would post here prior to an ad. I love the game. Xenon was my first machine. I bought this one (my second) with the intent of putting a hardtop on it. IT has some pretty good wear in the middle of the playfield (hence the hardtop). It was flipping when I bought it. I am not going to get to it for a bit unfortunately.

Jeez I wish you were closer. I have a perfect CPR gold pf just itching for a machine to go into.

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Jeez I wish you were closer. I have a perfect CPR gold pf just itching for a machine to go into.

Not sure where you are at. I am probably heading north later in the month.

1 month later
#691 3 years ago

Here’s my relit xenon! Thanks so much to Damonator for all the help on this. I based most of what I did on his restoration. Piece by piece I learned a bit more and my imagination ran wild! One thing that these photos can’t convey is how cool ultra violet matrix strips are on this game. I added them at the top of my machine and at the bottom by the outhole. I also added white glow balls. This game now looks like something out of Tron. It looks like it’s from outer space. Hope you all enjoy. Really hope I had before pictures!

74738C03-B369-41A8-8DF7-147EFF03B4F9 (resized).jpeg74738C03-B369-41A8-8DF7-147EFF03B4F9 (resized).jpegA82B82D4-A710-4C46-BEE3-809BD8CF81EC (resized).jpegA82B82D4-A710-4C46-BEE3-809BD8CF81EC (resized).jpegE73BEF94-B1F4-4D3E-A605-5FD4F962DF0D (resized).jpegE73BEF94-B1F4-4D3E-A605-5FD4F962DF0D (resized).jpegF22E4E9A-E6DA-4DB7-A381-223D4976B36A (resized).jpegF22E4E9A-E6DA-4DB7-A381-223D4976B36A (resized).jpeg
#692 3 years ago

Ooohhh I also forgot to add I added blue and red led matrix strips under the cabinet and they flash at different points. Looks great!!

Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Here’s my relit xenon! Thanks so much to damonator for all the help on this. I based most of what I did on his restoration. Piece by piece I learned a bit more and my imagination ran wild! One thing that these photos can’t convey is how cool ultra violet matrix strips are on this game. I added them at the top of my machine and at the bottom by the outhole. I also added white glow balls. This game now looks like something out of Tron. It looks like it’s from outer space. Hope you all enjoy. Really hope I had before pictures!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
#693 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Finally I made videos of all three colors (Red, White and Blue) from the players view, only in 10 LED version but they are the same color in the 15 LED version. Please remember I am using my phone, quality not great, sorry.

Find them here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1261-b-amp-k-mods

In Red:

In White:

In Blue:

1 week later
#695 3 years ago

Does anyone know the actual height that Xenon should be set to? I bought a partially shopped machine that has some old rusted out (can't adjust) legs and it just seems a bit too too high.
Measurement to top of flipper button is 35.5" (on my 90's Stern, it's 34.4")

I drilled out the feet on the front of the machine but that only lowered it a little. The legs are 29.5" front and back not including the feet.
what is the height of your flipper buttons?

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Does anyone know the actual height that Xenon should be set to? I bought a partially shopped machine that has some old rusted out (can't adjust) legs and it just seems a bit too too high.
I drilled out the feet on the front of the machine but that only lowered it a little. The legs are 29.5" front and back not including the feet.

Xenon legs should be black 28.5"

Sorry, not sure about the overall height.. it kind of depends, but should line up with most machines except the newish sterns which seem to tilt low on the front.

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Xenon legs should be black 28.5"
Sorry, not sure about the overall height.. it kind of depends, but should line up with most machines except the newish sterns which seem to tilt low on the front.

Not black, but more of an argent or gun metal grey. You are correct they are 28.5”.

#698 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Not black, but more of an argent or gun metal grey. You are correct they are 28.5”.

Looks pretty black to me.. but NOT_ like that new glossy black or anything..

291016302 (resized).jpg291016302 (resized).jpg
#699 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Not black, but more of an argent or gun metal grey.

Agreed.

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I would put some penetrating oil on the levelers and soak for a while. Use vise grips to remove the old studs from the levelers and replace w new. Buy 2 inch for front legs and 3 inch for rear. Right now you probably cannot level the game from side to side with frozen levelers.

Game pitch is player preference. If you like fast , place a 3/4 inch piece of lumber under the rear legs for now.

Not much you can do about game height except use longer legs than the factory 28.5. Old bally games look dwarfed to me when lined up w newer games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,262 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon/page/14?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.