Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230304_185226 (resized).jpg
20230304_185219 (resized).jpg
20230304_185136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg
There are 2,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 46.
#1 7 years ago

I just picked one up this past weekend and noticed a club hadn't been started yet so I figured it's time to start one. Does anyone have any reaaly cool instruction cards?

#2 7 years ago

Man I miss mine...

If anyone has any F/S in my area let me know.....

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

...and noticed a club hadn't been started yet so I figured it's time to start one.

There was another that was active a few months ago...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tube-shooters-club

#5 7 years ago

I didn't see that well 2 clubs for such a great game!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I didn't see that well 2 clubs for such a great game!

That other link doesn't look like an official club. And the name isn't as cool either. That's two strikes.

I'm sure a small mutiny could easily sway people to using this thread as the official Xenon club

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

That other link doesn't look like an official club. And the name isn't as cool either.

I'll have to reconsider that DIY Bally/Stern LED Display order, I was just about to place..

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from kursiv:

I'll have to reconsider that DIY Bally/Stern LED Display order, I was just about to place..

Haha. Had to have a little fun this morning!

#9 7 years ago
#10 7 years ago

Here's a image I found out on the Internet of some cool cards but they're not the actual jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#11 7 years ago

I am in if you will have me. Love my Xenon. I can still remember the first time I saw this pin lined up on the back wall of Aladdin's Castle......what a sight to behold. The line was always 4-5 deep to play her but that never seemed to bother me much.

#12 7 years ago

I got lucky enough to pick mine up in great condition with an overlay installed.
I added some LEDs and an interactive undercab kit. Fast forward to 7:30 to see it in action

#13 7 years ago

Ummm... Don't ya think having two club threads about the same game defeats the purpose of having club threads? I'm looking for consolidated information, not who can come up with the catchiest thread title. Just saying...

#14 7 years ago

Boogies that thing is gorgeous. Are those purple led's up front by the lanes and where'd you buy them at? Also did you do blue led's behind Xenon and the female on the backglass?

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Boogies that thing is gorgeous. Are those purple led's up front by the lanes and where'd you buy them at? Also did you do blue led's behind Xenon and the female on the backglass?

Thanks. No purple leds, just Blue, pink, natural white and warm whites on playfield. The pinks are under the space rock plastics (near pops) and with it combined near the blues, it probably gives a little bit of a purplish appearance.
The backbox was mostly natural and warm whites. I think I tried some other colors and it didn't look good to me.
FWIW: I have added another mod to my backbox after that vid. I added some led strips to activate the "hidden artwork" on the backbox. The left alien lights up with the spinner and the right alien lights up with the extra ball.

20161122_234940_HDR (resized).jpg20161122_234940_HDR (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago

My son got in some Thanksgiving plays on ours

IMG_7331 (resized).JPGIMG_7331 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#17 7 years ago

Just joined the club. What a lovely game.

And I'm lucky mine has an original undamaged playfield (factory mylar)!

#18 7 years ago

Been in the club for a long time. Still loving mine after all these years. Here's to the most beautiful pinball machine ever created.

Xenon (resized).jpgXenon (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

My son created the custom score and instruction cards shown in Yesh23's post. I have them in WORD format, so you can change the replay levels and text as you want. If anyone wants the files, just PM me.

Xenon Custom Score 2011 (resized).jpgXenon Custom Score 2011 (resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

Last night I went through a quick first tour of my newly aquired xenon:

replaced burned out lamps, some initial cleaning, switch adjusment,
fixing the right flipper because it had 2 missing screws for flipper bushing (found one next to the coin box and the other attached to the speaker magnet)
resolder the tube ramp lights on the long pcb
fixed the ramp entry switch
removed the red and blue coloured lamp domes the previous owner had applied to the lights in the backbox (between the 2 backglasses)
fixed a sound board connector
cleaned the playfield glass
added outlane post rubbers (those where missing)

Also searched about half an hour why 2 lamps on the left wouldn't turn on... apprently they did in lamp test, but only very limited in gameplay (ramp shot and multiball start), so nothing wrong here..

What legs does your game have? Mine seem stainless steel look but the correct type. Always thought this game came with dark grey legs.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Also searched about half an hour why 2 lamps on the left wouldn't turn on... apprently they did in lamp test, but only very limited in gameplay (ramp shot and multiball start), so nothing wrong here..

Noticed the same with mine. NEVER noticed they flashed with the ramp shot in all my 35 years of playing the game. I converted mine to GI and used the original wiring for Comet LED strips which DO give a nice flash with the ramp shot.

1 week later
#22 7 years ago

Justed wanted to share a little info on the xenon double ball feed from the through. I had it on my game and here was my solution.

Before start of a game this is the normal operation:
one ball rests on the most right switch in the through, before the assy that moves it to the shooter lane
one ball rest in the outhole on the switch

Starting a game or advancing to a next ball (with no ball locked):
- most right through coil assy fires releasing the ball to the shooter lane. As soon as the switch the ball was sitting on is released/cleared, the outhole ball is served to the front of the through. This is a matter of 0,5 to 1 second period.

Error on my game was, sometimes ok, sometimes double balls..
You could notice that the ball in the outhole would then take for example 2 seconds to be served to the right of the through instead of 0,5 second

What I did to fix it... adjusted the most right through switch so the gap is a little wider.
I think it took same time for my switch to open. The game thinking the ball was still there. So the outhole kicker was delayed.
Some timer is probably running in the software and if that timer was exceeded, the game got confused and thought a should server a new ball. Result: double ball feed.

So a very quick/easy fix to investigate on your game if you have the problem

fyi: the second switch from the right in the ballthrough doesn't seem to have a purpose.
fyi: if your switches operate correct regarding timing, but your outhole kicker doesn't have enough power to kick the ball towards the right of the through, then you should just focus on the outhole kicker.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Justed wanted to share a little info on the xenon double ball feed from the through.

I had a similar problem with my game. Different games seem to have different causes and solutions. My solution and documentation are at the bottom of this page...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/xenon/repair/repair.html

#24 7 years ago

Indeed Jeff... I read throughout your page completely and is a big help. that's why I wrote the second fyi..

ps: the 4 light tubes after the drop targets are indeed red as you assumed an that is what's correct. I saw a video from the female music composer playing the game back in the 80ies and the red tubes were present.

#25 7 years ago

Anyone happen to be near their game? If so, can you do a count of how many post caps are needed? I want to re-rubber my machine and figured I'd order today, but I'm at work and that's the one thing that doesn't seem to be listed anywhere....and those poor white-turned-brown fellas need to be replaced!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Anyone happen to be near their game? If so, can you do a count of how many post caps are needed? I want to re-rubber my machine and figured I'd order today, but I'm at work and that's the one thing that doesn't seem to be listed anywhere....and those poor white-turned-brown fellas need to be replaced!

I count 16

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I got lucky enough to pick mine up in great condition with an overlay installed.

Did you by chance get yours from MN?
My handy work is out there somewhere.

IMG_1003 (resized).JPGIMG_1003 (resized).JPG

#29 7 years ago

Good looking playfield brenna!

#30 7 years ago

Well this game has been on my list for a little while now and I was able to get one. Small bar that's closing has made the operator sell his games due to lack of room. I've never been in the bar so I had no idea Xenon was even there. So....this is the closest game I've been able to pick up. Literally a 10 min drive from me.

I'll take better pictures of the game once I have it set up. Has some wear on top arch of the playfield. But, it does have mylar on the rest of the game so in my mind the playfield is in decent shape. Needs to be shopped which I enjoy doing. Just a few more things to finish on my Sorcerer and then this one is going under the knife.

20161228_190543 (resized).jpg20161228_190543 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#31 7 years ago

Anyone had issues with the ball getting stuck at the entrance to the tube? Happens randomly on mine and I'd like to get it fixed before TPF. I've tried adjusting the entrance switch to see if maybe that would fix it, but didn't seem to help much. My game is cranked up at max incline...possible that has anything to do with it? Maybe the ball is losing speed on the ramp due to that. I dunno. Flippers are crazy strong.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Anyone had issues with the ball getting stuck at the entrance to the tube?

The long thin micro switch wire needs to be adjusted so that it runs
flush with the wall when activated. It also needs to be adjusted to
where there is no tension on the spring wire when closed.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The long thin micro switch wire needs to be adjusted so that it runs
flush with the wall when activated. It also needs to be adjusted to
where there is no tension on the spring wire when closed.

It might be easier to just post a top down picture of your actuator wire than for me to understand how both of those things are simultaneously possible LOL.

I'm gonna dick around with it tomorrow, but was just going to order a new switch and bend a new wire. Apparently this specific one is not actually available anywhere.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm gonna dick around with it tomorrow, but was just going to order a new switch and bend a new wire

The original wire has a weird "u" turn loopback then does a 45* type turn
then, that part fits through the slot. The wire is very long, the wire goes
almost to the inside of the tube.
It is long in order for the ball, if it does a weak shot, could
roll back down the ramp without getting stuck.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The original wire has a weird "u" turn loopback then does a 45* type turn
then, that part fits through the slot. The wire is very long, the wire goes
almost to the inside of the tube.
It is long in order for the ball, if it does a weak shot, could
roll back down the ramp without getting stuck.

Hmm.....alright.

1 week later
#36 7 years ago

I am considering a Xenon. The machine only has male voices. Have you heard about such machines?
Is it possible to install female voices?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I am considering a Xenon. The machine only has male voices. Have you heard about such machines?

Wow never heard of one, but I don't know why you couldn't change it to female. Just burn new sound ROMs and replace the existing ones.

#38 7 years ago

Sure it's not an issue with the pitch and the vocalizer? Thought I read something about it.

#39 7 years ago

Anyone have an extra sound board set for this game please PM me trying to find one for a project pin!
Thanks,
Joe

#40 7 years ago

Does white eproms with golden legs are common? I never saw one until i bought xenon.

IMAG1683 (resized).jpgIMAG1683 (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Are the Female voices missing? Or have they become male?

If the Female voices are missing, you might need new ROMS:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-vocalizer-eprom-repair-vids-guide

If the female voices have become male, I wonder which bathroom they are allowed to use?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Radsson:

Does white eproms with golden legs are common? I never saw one until i bought xenon.

Those are Fairchild EPROMs.

Probably not factory equipment.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

BTW the French version of Xenon was only male voices.

So if you are in Europe, or this game is a reimport to the States, be aware that it exists.

#44 7 years ago

Never seen a Xenon with male voices....

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Never seen a Xenon with male voices....

Install this French ROMset if you want to make your Xenon all male:

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2821/xenonf.zip

Then try his tubeshot

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Install this French ROMset if you want to make your Xenon all male:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2821/xenonf.zip
Then try his tubeshot

Thanks, but NO thanks... I wonder why the french did that...

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I wonder why the french did that...

It's not like the French government did it, it was Bally in Chicago

Maybe somebody there had just watched La Cage aux Folles and got inspired.

#48 7 years ago

Yes, problems with roms. Thanks for the guide!

#49 7 years ago

No, it turned out there are french roms!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

No, it turned out there are french roms!

Sweet!!!

Can you make a video on you phone before you pull them out?

Press the test button on the sound card and record the whole routine.

There are 1000000s of pinheads that have never heard them....

TIA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.