Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by semicolin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Upon power-up, the mpu led flashes the 7 times, after the 7th flash the F3 fuse blows. Any help or ideas where to look will be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

F3 = 4 amp fast-blo (unregulated +5 volts)

Perhaps you have a short or dying BR2 that functions long enough to boot the board? Seems odd if the MPU will boot fully and then pop the fuse. What condition are all of your boards in?

#3 6 years ago

Start isolating things that use 12v/5v. Unplug the sound board.

#4 6 years ago

The MPU, Solenoid driver, and Lamp driver, have all been recently replaced with new Alltech and Rottendog boards. As far as I know (owned for only 3 months) the sound boards are original, Bally-sound plus and vocalizer. I did unplug the input to the Sound plus board, same thing happened, but the playfield lights started to flash like normal before the fuse blew this time.

#5 6 years ago

So you need to disconnect everything and see if it still blows when only the rectifier board is operating.

#6 6 years ago

did that, it only blows when the J3 plug is connected. All the voltages on the rectifier check right also.

#7 6 years ago

I have discovered, if I unplug J1 on the MPU board, it doesn't blow the fuse.

#8 6 years ago

Unplug the displays and try again. Do you have replacement displays? If so you are probably overloading the 5v/12v circuit and popping the fuse. Replacement LED displays use the 5v line instead of the +185v. I am not familiar with the replacement driver board to tell you if it is safe to up the fuse. That might be a question for for the manufacturer of the display/driver board.

#9 6 years ago

YEP, still does it. They are Bally displays, appear to be original.

#10 6 years ago

Hey, thanks for the help Xenon75 and Barakandl. You guys got me headed in the direction enough that I found it. It is the aux lamp driver. After 9 fuses and a lot of trial and error, and reading the book and schematics, and following your leads! Wish I could find a 4amp circuit breaker! Kudos to pinside.

#11 6 years ago

Everyone celebrate!

#12 6 years ago

Hey, thanks Molly, that was very interesting. Hope all yins are doin' ok in LA!

3 years later
#13 3 years ago

You guys are ruling! I just found this tread and solved the same problem with aux Lamp driver on Xenon. Except I only wasted 4 fuses
Thank you!

3 years later
#14 3 months ago
Quoted from WOLF:

Hey, thanks for the help Xenon75 and Barakandl. You guys got me headed in the direction enough that I found it. It is the aux lamp driver. After 9 fuses and a lot of trial and error, and reading the book and schematics, and following your leads! Wish I could find a 4amp circuit breaker! Kudos to pinside.

Stumbled on this thread. Undoubtedly you no longer require this, but perhaps someone else will find it useful. I've soldered one of these onto the ends of a blown 3AG fuse and it does the trick. My toolbox has them at 1A, 5A, 10A, 20A. Not entirely cost effective in the short term, but certainly easier to troubleshoot with and a lot less frustrating and stressful when you're down to your last handful of fuses. https://www.digikey.ca/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-potter-brumfield-relays/W58-XB1A4A-4/PB196-ND/45084

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Camp Hill, PA
$ 149.00
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside