(Topic ID: 225612)

Xenon backglass: NOS, repro, triple thick?

By Zalon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

14D4F555-6E36-4D54-84DD-A41D55E79EE5 (resized).jpeg
0FC746F3-C079-4999-886C-D9CFFD7AFD79 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I picked up a Xenon from a fellow Pinsider along with a CPR gold playfield for a fair price. The backglass is in decent shape (photo below) but the quest for awesomeness continues.

I poked around on the forums but has anyone ever made a repro backglass for Xenon?

If not I guess my options would be the unicorn-rare NOS backglass, an excellent condition used glass, or live with this one.

If I live with this one, is it bad enough to try triple thick to prevent further peeling?

Thanks for any advice.

0FC746F3-C079-4999-886C-D9CFFD7AFD79 (resized).jpeg0FC746F3-C079-4999-886C-D9CFFD7AFD79 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

Thats a really beautiful backglass. I would just fix those two tiny spots. If you want perfection post in this forum that you want a repro and then check cprs site every couple of days to see if it’s in stock. If it isn’t added to the site after two weeks on kevincpr

#3 5 years ago

Thanks bluespin. What’s the best way to do the touch up? The one piece really just needs to be ‘glued’ down I think but what’s the right glue? I’ve seen some people use createx I think for the missing section.

#4 5 years ago

Here’s a closer look at the two spots...

14D4F555-6E36-4D54-84DD-A41D55E79EE5 (resized).jpeg14D4F555-6E36-4D54-84DD-A41D55E79EE5 (resized).jpeg
#5 5 years ago

you consider looking to see if anybody has one for sale?
I have a extra whole door frame with both glasses for Xenon.

#6 5 years ago

What is an NOS Xenon backglass worth? I'm asking for a friend

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What is an NOS Xenon backglass worth? I'm asking for a friend

Its not NOS, I purchased it about a year ago, and was going to make a lite frame for it, but after researching how I could make the
infinite lights rotate and blink it just got to the point that it would be to expensive. I paid $300 both glasses and outer frame.

#8 5 years ago

Well... I may just stick with mine since I just saw one on ebay sell for $370 (+$50 shipping) for just the glass! Maybe somebody will make a repro some day since it looks like there’s a market.

#9 5 years ago

MrBally I’d guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 based upon how quickly the one I saw went... maybe more. The BG on ebay seemed to have some bubbles throughout the art.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Zalon:

mrbally I’d guess somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 based upon how quickly the one I saw went... maybe more. The BG on ebay seemed to have some bubbles throughout the art.

Man this freaked me out as I was reading it going...I didn't post this.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Zalon:

Thanks bluespin. What’s the best way to do the touch up? The one piece really just needs to be ‘glued’ down I think but what’s the right glue? I’ve seen some people use createx I think for the missing section.

As far as the "glue down" part, I would use superglue. You can take a nice small chrome wrench and use it to push down on what you are super gluing and the wrench will not get caught in the glue ( practice this on a spare piece of glass. Any kind of glass will do. A glass jar will do. ). Dribble on some super glue and stir it around with the wrench. As long as the glue is still wet the chrome wrench will not stick. It needs to be nice shiny chrome; Not some rusty old POS you dug out from the bottom of your toolbox.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-backglass-nos-repro-triple-thick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.