4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Wickerman2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So anyone excited for the next gen consoles ?

Very surprised to see a reveal in the middle of december. Would think they would want to keep pushing the one for this holiday season.

Initial thoughts:

The good:
I am beyond excited that the controllers are backwards compatible. No need to buy new ones including driving wheel
Backwards compatible of games is always good. Hopefully fully compatible.... if so I am in on day1.
SSD drive... yeah... shorter load times. Current gen is ridiculously long.
Ray tracing and graphical improvements are always a good thing
Share button on controller

Opportunity:
Looks like they have revised the controllers which is good, new d pad.... I just hope they improve the shoulder buttons..

Bring on a sea of thieves 2!

More games... Sony just killed it this generation with exclusives.

Bring back Xbox arcade and the indie section that existed on 360. I loved exploring that section... all kinds of interesting stuff. How about a Sequel to imadeagamewithzombiesinit?

Controller innovation has been pretty stagnant..... I liked Sony doing the touchpad.... I really like the speaker in the Wii controllers. Motion sensors could be useful... lcd touch screen in the controller...

Ok, last thought.... I want the console to control my environment..... for example... why can’t we have these things control smart lighting in the room... turn the lights on and off..change colors, etc.... we have surround sound.. I want surround lighting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xbox-series-x?tu=ataritoday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.