Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XPinPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

I appreciate everyone's support. My XPin line of products has taken off so strongly, my manufacturing house is having a hard time keeping up. That's a good problem to have. Right now all my Power Supplies are back in stock and I have the shipments to the distributors enroute so they should be updated shortly.

Keep watching for more announcements though. Things are definitely happening!

Don't get left behind!

#7 11 years ago

Crash,

Wasn't aware of it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I want to get my hands on it. Send me your contact info and via [email protected]. I will pull one out of stock and retest, then send it out to you.

All of the products are tested before they leave the CM so I need to check this out.

Brett

#10 11 years ago

Right now I am at my day job so I do not have access to any of my schematics or documentation. Let me give you a call tonight and we will work through it. I have this supply in my Rollergames and Game Show (I always use my own games for testing before releasing) and haven't heard this issue. I will test and work them to see what maybe happening.

Brett

P.S. Send me a number to my [email protected] so that I can call you.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Here's a crazy question...

Is there a way to make a power (GI on my Space Shuttle comes from power board..) or driver board supply enough constant voltage/amps to the GI circuit so that there is not flicker when you fire up the flippers and other solenoids? Always have wondered if anyone would try to "correct" this in new board designs, or if it's even possible.

The challenge with what your asking is that GI is 5.7Vac (ac voltage) which you get through a multi-tap transformer. Since solenoids are powered through rectified AC with a single big cap, when you fire the, when you fire your solenoids, if the cap is old, it will drag the entire transformer down causing all of the other non regulated voltages to drop slightly. The best thing you could do is replace that big cap on your solenoid bridge.

I looked into converting the GI into DC but that it was an expensive solution. Most GI requires ~20A @ 5.7Vac. The heat generated with the conversion was too great. Most didn't like it.

#15 11 years ago

Jeff, where are you at in PHX? This is where XPin is made. I live in Gilbert.

Brett

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XPinPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-pin-power-supplies-selling-well?tu=XPinPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.