View topic image gallery

image-98.jpg
image.jpg
photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hi all just installed X-pin display into bad cats and display stays lit. in attract mode i can see the messages move thru display but all the LED's are lit. any help trouble shooting is appreciated. i will post pics although they look the same brightness is when messages move across display. if that makes sense. thanks in advance.

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG
photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Ribbon cable red stripe.on pin 1 of the male headers.

#3 9 years ago

I presume all was working ok before the new display?

#4 9 years ago

red stripe is on #1 pin , bottom row of original display was out so purchased new display

#5 9 years ago

Are the ribbon cables new? Or do they show age? Are you sure there's no bent pins?

#6 9 years ago

The test button is not stuck on the board, right? Also, is there a jumper at j2? Would be a little plastic housing. May need to remove it. Heard that can be an issue, though it wasn't for me.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

The test button is not stuck,right? Also, is there a jumper at j2 of the new control board? Would be a little plastic housing I think. May need to remove it. Heard that can be an issue, though it wasn't for me.

#8 9 years ago

Ribbon cables not new. i will check for bent pins. i tried test button it makes display brighter when depressed due to lighting every Led. i will check j2

#9 9 years ago

In replacing the display, the cables may have shorted. If you have some from a different machine, try those.

#10 9 years ago

ok i will try

#11 9 years ago

What did x-pin say when you sent them that picture?

#12 9 years ago

did not contact them yet was hoping to resolve it with a little help from here. but maybe they will have an answer . if not ill put the old display back in at least it keeps score.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What did x-pin say when you sent them that picture?

Brett sent an AUTO - REPLY.
In short an extenuating family emergency!

Bret, our prayers are with you and your family. Hope all goes well. Tom. (freddy)

#14 9 years ago

Brett is in Houston right now on family emergency, I'm sure he will get back with you as soon as he can....I know whats going on and all I can say is our prayers are with him in this sad time.....

#15 9 years ago

Bret got back to me and tolde to remove jumper pin at top of X-pin display board. Works good now. Thanks Brett and my prayers go out to you and your family sorry for your loss thanks Tom

image.jpgimage.jpg image-98.jpgimage-98.jpg
#16 9 years ago

I love easy fixes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 19.99
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-pin-display-in-bad-cats-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.