New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 212968)

Lethal weapon 3 stuck flipper

By Deadgreedo

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mikat11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a newly acquired Lethal Weapon 3. I am expecting my XPin psu to arrive on Monday. I’m having the common resetting issue, and didn’t feel like repairing the original board. Anyway, my left flipper started sticking over the past couple days. It gets stuck upward if I hold it for a couple seconds. I’m pretty new to owning my own pins, I’m assuming it’s the coil or maybe the button contact, but would like some insight from people with experience. Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadgreedo:

I have a newly acquired Lethal Weapon 3. I am expecting my XPin psu to arrive on Monday. I’m having the common resetting issue, and didn’t feel like repairing the original board. Anyway, my left flipper started sticking over the past couple days. It gets stuck upward if I hold it for a couple seconds. I’m pretty new to owning my own pins, I’m assuming it’s the coil or maybe the button contact, but would like some insight from people with experience. Any ideas??
Thanks in advance.

Don't make the mistake of blaming the obvious here. There are a LOT more things involved in making the flipper work.

The first thing to determine is it a mechanical or electronic problem?

When the flipper sticks, switch off the power and see if the flipper drops straight away. If it does that means it's probably electronic.

If it doesn't drop it probably means mechanical issues.

#3 2 years ago

Start with a new coil sleeve. A few bucks, or buy a whole flipper rebuild kit. I did my LW3 flippers when I had one, took less than an hour.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the input guys. I took a peek at it today. Ended up being the EOS for that flipper. It feels a bit loose. Tweaked it a little and it has stopped sticking. I will be ordering a new one to replace it. butterz do you know if it’s a certain EOS I need? there are a few different ones online.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadgreedo:

Thanks for the input guys. I took a peek at it today. Ended up being the EOS for that flipper. It feels a bit loose. Tweaked it a little and it has stopped sticking. I will be ordering a new one to replace it. butterz do you know if it’s a certain EOS I need? there are a few different ones online.

Kit I used...
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6306-20

#6 2 years ago

Huh? Lethal Weapon 3 does not have End Of Stroke switches.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlton, MA
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Magnolia, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside