Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    George1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Just watched Avengers and I'm really craving an Avengers pin. Its easy to get excited over a game after such an great action packed movie. Really torn on which one to get now. I'm just concerned over Gomez being in a potential funk and Borg appears to be on top of his game right now.

By the way, did anyone else notice the striking resemblance between Loki and Gomez?

George1.jpgGeorge1.jpg images.jpgimages.jpg

#2 11 years ago

If or when they do The Avengers it will come out around the Blu Ray date just like they did with the other movie themed pins.

#3 11 years ago

Hard to say Gomez is in a funk. TFLE got a bad wrap; despite a few things he could have done better for the game, it's one of sterns best, if not the best stern. Yea, you read that right I've owned 5 sterns all for long periods and I stand by that statement 100%!

Not sure if I'll be in on a Gomez avengers machine as I have limited space and two Gomez machines already. Although a trifecta would be nice

When will JJP or stern make ghostrider! Now theres a pin I'm in on no matter the designer.

#4 11 years ago

Settle down. You're over thinking this way to much. It's just a game. And it's not even officially announced yet. Take a deep breath and wait to even see if it's an option. And while you're waiting buy an IM. Sell it if you want to later.

#5 11 years ago

Good advise. Problem is that I'm not one for settling down too much. I always need to have a few things to worry over and worrying over which pin to purchase is a nice worry to have.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Just watched Avengers and I'm really craving an Avengers pin. Its easy to get excited over a game after such an great action packed movie. Really torn on which one to get now. I'm just concerned over Gomez being in a potential funk and Borg appears to be on top of his game right now.

I totally agree except the Gomez Funk part.

I keep hearing X-Men will almost be the reverse of Tron with a Spinner/magnet in the middle and that kind of has me concerned. I also hope X-Men will use the full DMD (ACDC) and not split the score(IM, Tron, Avatar).

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

By the way, did anyone else notice the striking resemblance between Loki and Gomez

When I saw the movie I thought the same thing. lol

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

TFLE got a bad wrap; despite a few things he could have done better for the game, it's one of sterns best, if not the best stern. Yea, you read that right

Glad you enjoy TFLE but please keep the boards real.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Eskaybee said:TFLE got a bad wrap; despite a few things he could have done better for the game, it's one of sterns best, if not the best stern. Yea, you read that right
    Glad you enjoy TFLE but please keep the boards real.

Lol. Well, in it's defense, its a players game with great speed, flow, sounds, and music. Can't go wrong with that....oh and the combos! Good stuff

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lol. Well, in it's defense, its a players game with great speed, flow, sounds, and music. Can't go wrong with that....oh and the combos! Good stuff []

+100

#10 11 years ago

I think what would put me off most by Transformers is the busted lock mechanic. Even the designers know it doesn't work right so they added the option to make it a virtual lock in the settings so the scoop mech doesn't choak on all of the balls.

Maybe I'm just a little sensative about a poor design flaw like that because I'm disgusted with my newly aquired Baywatch having a poorly designed skill shot that only works 1 out of every 3 or 4 times.

I guess at least Transformers has the virtual lock work around and I hear it can work with the original lock settings....but I hear it's a very touchy thing that never seems to work right for long or 100% of the time. I just can't see myself being satisfied with a game that is designed to be broken.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hard to say Gomez is in a funk. TFLE got a bad wrap; despite a few things he could have done better for the game, it's one of sterns best, if not the best stern.

I have no idea how anyone could look at Gomez's resume and say he's in a funk. Transformers is very good. While its not his best work, he still has put out some amazing titles: lotr, monster bash, invented pinball 2000. If a designer puts out a game people don't all love, he is immediately washed up? Good grief.

#12 11 years ago

GG,SR and LS FTW

#13 11 years ago

TF LE doesn't get enough love in my opinion. However, I would stop well short of calling it even one of Stern's top 3.

#14 11 years ago

Borg did make BBH. Top of his game.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Borg did make BBH. Top of his game.

With the help of Mark Ritchie.

#16 11 years ago

Yeah im really torn whether to jump on board with X MEN or hang out for AVENGERS...fact is im only gonna have one NIB Stern and so the whole pre-order thing scares me,but at same time don't wanna miss out!

And the other dilemma is whether either of these games are gonna be better than SM otherwise id rather get Spidey as my one superhero pin.

#17 11 years ago

Several people who have some insight into Xmen are saying it will be Borgs absolute best game to date. I was saving for an Avengers pin, but I decided I have to get Xmen and will figure out what to do when Avengers comes along. Xmen is a must!

#18 11 years ago

I may have been a little harsh saying Gomez is in a funk, I just didnt care for TF personally and know others did not as well. Obviously I'm a Gomez fan as 2 of the 4 pins I own are his design. But, if you compare Gomez to Borg right now, Borg is putting out the hits.

Anyway, I was dead set (almost) on a X-men and after seeing the Avengers, I'm almost wanting to wait a see what that will be in a pin. That was the point of my posting.

#19 11 years ago

It may be a good while before Avengers comes out. It seems like Stern likes to stagger the super hero pins so I highly doubt Avengers will be coming "next" or even "after next" . . . might not even be till the second movie is released.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

might not even be till the second movie is released.

+1 I hope so. I can't see two superhero pins being released back-to-back.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from levcrush:

Several people who have some insight into Xmen are saying it will be Borgs absolute best game to date. I was saving for an Avengers pin, but I decided I have to get Xmen and will figure out what to do when Avengers comes along. Xmen is a must!

That's impossible for anyone to know. Even with great inside information, one can't judge this without playing it. No one has played it.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

levcrush said:Several people who have some insight into Xmen are saying it will be Borgs absolute best game to date. I was saving for an Avengers pin, but I decided I have to get Xmen and will figure out what to do when Avengers comes along. Xmen is a must!
    That's impossible for anyone to know. Even with great inside information, one can't judge this without playing it. No one has played it.

How can you be so sure nobody has played it? I'm pretty sure there was a pic posted a while back of Steve Ritchie playing the Whitewood.

#23 11 years ago

Having the same dilemma as well.

Also Avengers will be the new LCD system, so watching integrated movie clips will be cool.

Liked Borg's last 2 games and it should be fast.

Really not sure - I should wait for Avengers, even if they squeeze in another music pin in next, it will be worth the wait.

But, X-Men may rock!!!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

markmon said:levcrush said:Several people who have some insight into Xmen are saying it will be Borgs absolute best game to date. I was saving for an Avengers pin, but I decided I have to get Xmen and will figure out what to do when Avengers comes along. Xmen is a must!
    How can you be so sure nobody has played it? I'm pretty sure there was a pic posted a while back of Steve Ritchie playing the Whitewood.

You can't make claims like "best game by John Borg" based on a white wood. Further, neither Steve Ritchie nor the rest of any Stern staff are here to make those claims. Instead, these claims are made by people that have only heard rumors from "reliable sources" that not only the game will exist but also they it's the best game John ever made. So even if the game exists (and im not convinced it does), it has only been played by staff at Stern. Sorry, but we cannot take the word of how good a game is by the staff of the company making it.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Sorry, but we cannot take the word of how good a game is by the staff of the company making it.

Yep, they tend to be a little biased.

#26 11 years ago

Distributors have played it. By all accounts yes this could very well be Borg's best !
    Hearing VERY good things. Design, sights, sounds, everything coming together nicely.
    Some of the best interation toys to date.

#27 11 years ago

It's the last DMD game going to be manufactured by a major pinball company. - The "Last of an era"

I bought WOZ first of a new era so I'm getting X-men to get the last DMD game.

I'm excited for newer machines with touch screens or screens in the PF. How awesome would it be to have a some sort of modular pinball game where you could control ramp pitches and locations of certain targets etc.

#28 11 years ago

The last DMD from Stern ? You have that confirmed ?

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Distributors have played it. By all accounts yes this could very well be Borg's best !
    Hearing VERY good things. Design, sights, sounds, everything coming together nicely.

Better than Tron? Can't judge by one whitewood pic.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I do want to see that!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Better than Tron?

He seems to think so.....by he i mean John.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-mennow-im-not-so-sure and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.