(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9524 9 years ago

I'm toying with joining the club via a Magneto purchase. If I do, is the new mezelmods ball a must-have mod? Sounds like it would be good.

I've only played maybe 5-10 games on XMLE in the past so still don't have a great feel for the game yet.

#9533 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

repositioning protective belt.

What is this?

#9535 9 years ago

RD, I think I saw a post of yours somewhere that you mentioned XMLE being one of your favorite pins out of the 100+ you have. That is an impressive statement if that is correct and I'm remembering correctly. I don't remember where I saw something along those lines.

If you did say that, what makes XMLE stand out in your opinion?

#9545 9 years ago

I am joining the club....1 owner HUO stock Magneto. Woo hoo!

Did this pin come with a shaker? If not, is a shaker a must-have for an increase in the experience?

What other mods should I consider? I'll probably play it some before considering the Newton Ball mod.

I've only played maybe 5-10 games on a XMLE in the past so will probably get my feet wet for a bit before modding it up more than a shaker if that is really suggested.

#9547 9 years ago

I didn't think so. Seller didn't think so but wasn't sure off the top of his head. Is that a highly suggested mod?

#9550 9 years ago

Excellent. Thanks.

1 week later
#9600 9 years ago

It's official. Just put down my deposit on a 1-owner HUO Magneto. Now I just have to get the thing to me (Allentown to Knoxville).

2 years later
#10796 7 years ago

Getting a heavily modded wolverine next weekend. Will have to read up on this thread. I've maybe only put 5-10 games on x-men in the past so looking forward to learning and exploring this pin

#10799 7 years ago

It's been on my radar for quite a while and got a call from a buddy who I've already done a few deals with asking if I wanted his. Very stoked but will be next Saturday before we can meet up. Looks like I'll be watching some videos and learning basic rules this week.

1 week later
#10801 6 years ago

Wolverine in the house! Pin has been owned by a number of regional Pinsiders.

IMG_1507 (resized).JPGIMG_1507 (resized).JPG

IMG_1508 (resized).JPGIMG_1508 (resized).JPG

IMG_1509 (resized).JPGIMG_1509 (resized).JPG

#10808 6 years ago

New owner here but I believe if hero stacking is off you need to complete all hero and play (but not complete) Magneto multiball to get to danger room. If heroes stack then you have to complete Magneto super to light Danger room.

So far, I'm not even close to completing all heroes...heck, I don't think I've had a game where I've even started all of them. So far my best is about 60million but I have extra ball set on score (is that a sliding scale based on previous games?) so it is not hard to end up playing 4 balls.

#10819 6 years ago

Three questions:

1. Does anyone increase the time for hero completion? Villians are mostly like 45 seconds but heros are 20 but I've thought about bumping that up a little

2. Not 100% sure what I'm doing on each mode. Most heroes look like you have to hit them again a time or two after hitting hem twice to start. Is there more to it than that? I did figure out and defeat omega red one time and that was pretty cool.

3. In settings, leave magneto mb on medium or bump up to hard so that your first rogue or Phoenix shot is not a lock (to hold off starting magneto too quickly to maximize number of heroes started for magneto scoring)

Thanks

#10821 6 years ago

Great read and helpful. Thanks RD. Do most of you keep default settings on the timer for heroes? Some of those suckers are hard to complete in only 20 seconds and I find myself getting timed out of the mode frequently.

#10826 6 years ago

I really like the stand you put Wolverine on. Mine is just some fairly ugly plastic. Might have to look into doing that.

2 weeks later
#10835 6 years ago

I can never make beast to storm or rogue shot. They seem to rattle out if there is too much velocity coming to the right upper flipper. Any suggested tweaks for this?

3 weeks later
#10856 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The Death Match is back on!
I have to keep clearing out machines and here are the latest machines that I compared to X-Men, and then showed the door, and the floor is red with the blood of "keepers".
As a reminder, here is the first round of losers..
WoZ
Hobbit
GB Premium
AFM
SMVE
And now add..
AS pro
LOTR LE (mint example, heartbreaking)
TSPP (as above) and, drum roll.....
TRONLE!!

Wow! Impressive set of losers. I really like my Wolverine I got a month or two ago. Unable to progress well at all in the game but still very fun and excellent bang-for-the-buck. I've read the rules but really need to study them a little better so I know how to actually finish the modes more regularly. I can't see myself getting to either wizard mode for years, lol.

3 weeks later
#10885 6 years ago

Thinking? Well, profits, of course! Gotta strike while the iron is hot I'd imagine. Still selling games like hot cakes so obviously the market is supporting the price increases.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.