(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

269 posts in this topic match your search for posts by tigerlaw. You are on page 1 of 2.
#19 11 years ago

It would be really fantastic to NOT have actors faces all over a pin . . . I sure hope Stern reads these posts and see that NO ONE wants actors faces on all these pins . . .

When is the last time there was truely a pin based on a comic book? JD?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

normally 2 months. I am sure they dont want to cut into ac/dc sales at this point. Let them ride this out its there best title since i dunno how long.

+1 Also, I think Stern has something really unique planned on their next pin and that is why they are worried it would cut into the sales of AC/DC. Generally a "rock" theme and a "comic" theme would not be considered as directly competing with each other . . . so they must have something big in mind . . . perhaps the unveiling of the LCD sooner than expected or perhaps it is a wide body like WOZ; I guess we need to wait a few more weeks to find out.

#37 11 years ago

Have they ever done back to back comic book themes? Surely not . . . that cannot be good marketing. Batman and Spiderman were separated by three or four machines in the interium were they not?

1 week later
#161 11 years ago
Quoted from taz:

One danger for Stern with X-Men is what team they field for the pin. Rather than go with different pins for good guys and bad guys in the rumored different LEs, they might do better having two different eras of X-Men featured in the artwork. From what I've seen already, everyone pretty much has a favorite character and time period. I can already see future forum overload about X-Men after release. Even if people otherwise like the pin, there will be whole threads on why one X-Man or the other was left out. What happened to Beast, Iceman, Night Crawler, etc? Why was he/her on the artwork but not given a role in the software?

Great post and I agree fully. It is a challenging thing to pull out from a practical matter though due to the callouts. I guess you could have the callouts being made by Prof X and Magneto since they transend the different generations of the XMen....but not having a Wolvrine call out would be disapointing to many.

#283 11 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

In fact, I've already sent a deposit for my Xmen LE!

Which retailer is already taking deposits? This surprises me if true as I figured Stern would prohibit retailers from taking a deposit prior to game announcement as that takes away the buzz of an announcement . . . I just figured Stern had their retailers sign NDA's so there could be no official announcement by anyone other them, maybe not though.

#481 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

confirmed the LEs are heroes/villains? At one point the rumor was original xmen/post-xmen 94

I think it would be tough to do it as a split era game . . . due to the issue with having to have different speach inserted depending on your era. Of course though, it certainly would be awesome if they could pull it out! I like the XMen villians and all, but wouldn't want an LE of them . . . any XMen class would be cool though.

#499 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

We have been hearing "pics by the end of the week" for literally 4 weeks now. There is no reason to think they are coming soon.

My prediction is the end of next week . . . I would prefer them to announce the pricing so the pre-orders can be taken.

#534 11 years ago

Man, I'm stalking this thread to see if they start taking pre-orders - I'd love to snag a single digit LE number - or officially announce color patterns or something.

#551 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Why would Stern allow the "guys in the know" to announce it? Im sure there is some emp from stern on pinside.

This is what concerns me . . . if I am Stern and my distributers were leaking info like this prior to my "big unveil" I would not be too pleased (I would have an NDA in place) . . . that said, Stern may have their own reasons for wanting this information or dis-information, as the case may be, to be leaked. This is why I am ready for the pre-order list to come out . . .

The distributer I bought Tron LE NIB (rather late) from is not confirming to me that the next game is X-Men . . . he is not dis-confirming it either. I am not sure what that means.

#616 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Dude, everyone is talking about translites because we basically *do* have confirmation that it will be X-Men. What we don't have is pictures. The rumors *are* true, and that is the point! And it most certainly is not to early to be talking pre-orders. I can even tell you pricing!

You've received pricing from a distributer already? Did they give you a target release date? Thanks.

#619 11 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

I would expect 2-2.5months for the le. Mnpinball already said they are running le's first. I put my deposit in with gap yesterday on villains.

This is very helpful and answers a lot of question. I didn't realize pre-orders were going out. Did they tell you the color patterns of the various additions by chance? Thanks.

#647 11 years ago

Surley they will not go yellow for the good guy trim. Surley. Would be nice if they could release the trim colors though.

#649 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

They call me Mellow Yellow.

Man, I hope your kidding and that isn't an inside information leak. I'd be majorly disappointed / horrified if the good guy trim is yellow. That would make me join the brotherhood, so to speak.

#664 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Maybe we should start thinking about the LEs being more focused on one character each.

Hmm, with only two LEs that would be a bit disappointing. If there were say 6 LE models that would be a super interesting debate..."is there going to be a Nightcrawler or Gambit model?" with just two it almost has to be wolverine and magneto.

#672 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

One can only imagine the pin where the entire art package is as nice as that Magneto pic. I won't hold my breath.

Plus one. If the artwork is as good as that picture the bar on artwork is heading back to some of those gorgeous 80s pins...we can certainly hope. Talk about the potential for re-setting the bar. My only minor complaint with tron and my major complaint with family guy is the low resolution cab art. If stern starts getting this artwork right then this is going to be one amazing decade for pinball.

#818 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Trent still has some left of the first run at pre order price. Kahn Super LE's a plenty.
A few Klingon/Borg combos left as well.

So, how long till the Cliffy's are ready for them?

#841 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Man, if this goes another way, they really went crazy trying to make X-Men a red herring with all those sly Facebook posts.

It is one thing to pull a "prank", but to have their distributers involved seems highly unlikely. I cannot believe it is anything but XMen.

#851 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Rumor mill has it that Stern is having last minute troubles with the X-Men license and may be changing the title to S-Men. Stay tuned.

LOL, I sure hope that rumor doesn't catch fire and become a real rumor.

#861 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

OK, I remember Rogue. Should have remembered that shock of white hair. That is a badly drawn pic though.

Congrats on 70k karma!

#867 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Maybe blue for xmen and purple for brotherhood.

Hmm, if purple for the bad guys that would give two straight good/evil pin releases for Stern where the bad guys were purple. That may be intentional . . . you could line up a Brotherhood and Decipticon pin side by side and that would look like a pretty sweet wall of evil in a game room.

#1111 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pro=no spinning magnet disc, no trolls, no 3rd moving ramp, no real backglass, no powdercoat trim, no shaker (although code will support it).

Those are huge differences . . . particularly the trolls and 3rd moving ramp. Are there going to be no drop targets on this game?

#1119 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

No drop targets, money was put into the other features and I am glad !

Agreed. Drop targets are really cool, but I'd rather have the trolls/nightcrawlers that are rumored. Waaay cooler.

#1121 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think with the comic book style art, we will get back to the old hand draw sexy girl on back glasses era. At least for one pin, anyway.

Agreed. As we discussed earlier in the thread, I think stern is realizing we dont like the artwork to consist of pics of actors...that is big time lame.

#1132 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

pmWolf said:jackal2001 said:It will be back to the movies for Avengers so we'll see if actors will be on the pin.
I don't care who is on the Avengers pin...I just want it LOADED with quotes!!
All the witty one-liners in that flick better be in the pin!
Fall 2012. next up.

I can't believe Avengers will be next up. It would be hard to believe they would do back to back super hero themes. I'm pulling for a Nirvana pin, it's time to do a band theme for us gen-x'er pin heads that don't care for Elvis, kiss, rolling stones or ac/dc.

If stern really is watching this thread...do Nirvana, and keep taking my money. LOL

#1171 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

JJP has ZERO FREAKING OPTIONS if you want a pin that costs around $4k.

NONE.

Look, just pretend that the Stern Pro doesn't even exist. It'll make you happier.

Then, both companies have pins in the 6k range, and everything is fine.

Pete

Great post there, plus one.

#1180 11 years ago

Stern could very well announce a premium model still. Then the ones that jumped in and committed early to LEs by paying the deposit would not be happy. What if the premium looked better than the LE and had both good and bad guys on it. Can't make everyone happy. Way of the world.

#1182 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Well, as of now, you can still back out of the pre-order. If they are worried about the Premiums reducing the sale of the LE, then just make a few fewer LEs. Say 200 of each. I would probably go for the Premium model as all I care about are the game play stuff.

Good points. Perhaps this is the reason they are only doing 500 LEs and not 600 as was initially reported...perhaps this is the "big announcement" we are hearing rumors of for tomorrow. Still, this is something that is important enough for them to not be making a last second modification after they have already told their distributors to start taking ore orders.

#1423 11 years ago

Has Stern confirmed midnight pics to be released or is this just rumor? Thanks.

#1497 11 years ago

Impressive if both the good guys and the bad guys LE's sold out. I was told that the good guys were outselling the bad guys by a rate of 5-1.

#1603 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

My info this morning was they would be out today.

Just this evening my current info is they will be out Thursday at some point.

In a great new move by Stern, they want everything complete, pics, all info in the press release and all models shown all at once for customers to see and know up front. That's the latest word, don't shoot the messenger I'm just reporting for y'all.
I haven't seen the pics and want to see them as bad as everyone else.

As much as want the pics released like right now . . . I could wait till next week if they are really providing total details/information as the above post says.

#1606 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I need pics to come out by the end of next week or I won't be able to see them. I will be driving the ALCAN with no internet for weeks.

Hmm, someone can text you the pics I would imagine, unless you have no internet or cellular access, and if that's the case and the pics havn't come out yet . . . well . . . you'll just have to cancel that trip!

#1702 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I'm bummed by no Kitty Pryde...not that I expected it, though. For the most part, I think they did a good job of cramming most of our favorite X-Men in there...

Yep; two members of the team I was worried about was Gambit and Collossus . . . but they both made it. The others were all pretty much expected to be on it I believe.

#1703 11 years ago

Although, you never know who may be on the other side of the cabinet. Perhaps they have different X-Men people with Wolverine on the reverse?

#1717 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Actually, we DO know who's on all sides of all cabs.

Sweet! I didn't realize they released the other side of the cabs. Thanks wolf!

#1718 11 years ago

Looks like there was no love for Sebastian Shaw (a villian I never cared for until X-Men First Class, which was awesome!) in the Magneto LE sadly.

#1721 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Also ask George Lucas.

I'm not understanding the reference kwiKimart? What is the connection between George Lucas and Sebastian Shaw? Pardon my ignorance on the matter.

#1780 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Since Stern is now using Decals.. You could do this. Order all the parts you want and re do the Cab.

Are they selling the decals separatly? What about the backglass? Thanks JJ!

#1806 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Shaw played the unmasked Vader in ROTJ and Anakin ghost in the final scene. On the 2004 DVD's, Lucas changed the force ghost from Shaw to Hayden Christiansen. Fanboys got pissed.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying (and the pics helped me understand); I thought you were saying there was some possible copyright name issue there and that might play into why the Mutant Shaw didn't make the cabnit in the XMen game.

#1830 11 years ago

It has been suggested to me by my distributor that I would likely receive my Wolverine LE the first week of July, possibly the last week of June since I am an early number. Not sure if that helps.

#1844 11 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

So those toys don't really do anything? They don't light up with speech or move or anything? That's kind of disappointing considering their prominence. Ah well.

I doubt if many really know the answer to that . . . I would think at the very least they would spin somewhat like Stewie on FGY.

BTW, can we confirm this game will use the same Stern shaker motor as other Stern games? I know the answer is almost assuredly yes, but doesn't hurt to confirm before ordering another one.

#1867 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No, the Wolverine toy is up off the PF. There will be a strike plate/target at the waist to hit.

Which means he will be easy to replace for those that wish to do so.

#1868 11 years ago

Btw, what is the longest thread in the history of pinside? Surely this one is getting up there as one of the largest ever.

#1882 11 years ago

How expensive is it to purchase an entire chrome side rail and leg set and where do you purchase one? I'm going to wait till mine arrives and make the call but two chromed out games sitting side by side (XMen LE and Tron LE) sure would look great in my game room.

#1884 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

About $500 give or take.

Hmm, that is not as bad as I thought it would be. Where would one make such a purchase? Is it special order per machine or do all Stern rails fit on all Stern machines? Thanks as always SealClubber!

#1958 11 years ago

It is way past time for there to be a video mode in another game. The video mode in doctor who is awesome. If you getmsomething useful from the video mode it works great with a pin game. I wish there were more video modes in pins. I'm still hoping the tron software update has one.

#2035 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Lets keep this unstoppable thread going with some speculations, wishes and suggestions for rules.

Have a video mode that actually can impact game play and not just be a point source. Completing video mode activates various mutant powers that give more time to complete other objectives or perhaps an extra stackable multiball. something useful.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So custom dots/music.

This is my biggest concern on the game. Music on pins is huge in my view. Both my DW and my Tron have insanely good sound tracks. My FGY sound track is merely above average . . . I'll be putting my FGY on the market next week....not saying its only due to the sound track, but it does play a part. With this xmen pin not having a movie or tv shows sound track to snag I am a bit nervous about the music.

Also, a real chance to get some great HUMOR and sound bites.

Yes, this is the opposite of the above. Since the speach is going to be 100% custom, this has the potential to be a really humerous pin. No limitation based on a movie being too serious. Tron was a very serious movie and the pin is therefore very serious; this pin could be more light humerored. Lite humored pins are great; I still sometimes chuckle at FGY and I've had it for four years.

#2053 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

2 - Insert them tastefully and not in main gameplay modes that will get played EVERY game. Spurraticly they can be a blast! But I completely agree that if you have to play them every game they will get old, fast!

Any time video modes are discussed I always talk about Doctor Who . . . it is a fantastic model for video modes. While I know you can unintentionally activate it, obviously, it is really a mode you have to affirmatively work to get. If you go for it and start going through the various video modes you gain a real benefit in the game (more doctors, lots of different benifits there). Also, it is truely a challenging video mode that makes you want to keep going to it . . . everyone who plays my DW loves the video mode. Everyone.

#2077 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I've spent a lot of time on DW, and I learned at the arcade the way to get to replay was to shoot the loop for the pops, shoot the loop for the pops, shoot the loop for the pops, play the video mode, shoot the loop for the pops, shoot the loop for the pops... etc. If you aren't playing for points, I guess it's cool, but once that becomes your strategy, DW becomes rather goofy. And for me, it's a game that I can't find myself not playing for points.

Hmm, you gotta mix in some locks to reset second chance in case you miss the loop for pops...hitting the multiplyer helps a lot as well...that said...I can't really disagree with that's how you bang points outa that machine.

#2081 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I'm just hoping for some attainable goals.
I've heard "multiple" wizard modes, but I hope they aren't all out of reach.
For example, I can hit Sea of Simulation...and have been REALLY close to Portal on TRON LE, but have never got it. I'm okay with that. I've got something to shoot for that is attainable (SOS), and something that is out of my reach (Portal).
I like my Transformers a lot, but realistically I'll NEVER get to Sentinel Prime...and "Battle for Cybertron" looks impossible with the glass on.
We're not all pinball gods out here. Throw us a bone to keep us coming back...
Pete

This is the best post in the entire thread. I sure hope stern really is reading this thread. Please, make rules for us mere mortals as well as for the pin gods.

#2147 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Pro will be on test mid/late next week.

Where at? Test by the Stern employees only or open to public play on test somewhere?

#2212 11 years ago

Wow! This is an impressive looking machine. The Magneto Edition looks amazing too, but I'm still glad I went with Wolverine.

#2407 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Working on cards. Here is my first attempt at the right side. Instruction card will be harder since so much text on it.

That is awesome looking! How do you print the cards; just out of curiosity? Also, were there any good ones like that made for Tron?

#2409 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I am MUCH more interested in hearing the sounds and seeing the dot package.

This is 100% how I feel about it. I really think the sound package, if it is above average to really good (both music and call outs) could push this game to instant classic level...this is also the area that concerns me the most as they have, literally nothing, to set the stage for either the music or call outs (which could be great or terrible...we shall see).

#2426 11 years ago

I think it would be cool to have game of thrones style violin music for a mode. Something like that anyway.

#2646 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Jody is the one who told me...he might have thought i was asking him how many times a day he puts gel in his hair.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all weekend!

#2689 11 years ago

Last week JJ said we should wait a week before ordering our shaker motors, but did not say why that was. Has this reason been revealed?

#2694 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I would assume he is trying to get them installed from factory as they should be.
I expect fireworks tomorrow.....Snikt!

If I recall properly he said this was not it, hence the mystery. We will learn soon enough I am sure.

#2697 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I heard inside one of the games will be a golden ticket that will get you a visit to the factory. On the tour someone will be chosen to succeed Gary. Now how many people can not break Gary's rules during the tour.

Haha! And the biggest rule is never ever ever mention the rolling stones to Gary.

#2780 11 years ago

Still no answer on the shaker motor? I guess we should go ahead and order one? JJ?

#2820 11 years ago

Wow! Love how they are using the Magento spinning magnet. I hope it has a second chance / shoot again activiation for the balls it instantly drains, as there will be some. Looks great though!

#2824 11 years ago

All the custom graphics for the DMD are exactly what people have been calling for years. This could be very cool. I agree; I want to hear more of the music and call outs.

#2848 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Game looks great to me - I think it could be better than Tron.....

I agree; and that is a big statement for me to make as Tron is my all time number 1 by a wide margin. But it looks like this X-Men will have more to do. If the rule set is better than Tron's and the music is "almost" as good as Tron's . . . then this could be Stern's best pinball machine ever.

#2852 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I can't believe how long this thread has become. A Pinside record for sure!

Has it passed the thread about buying a Transformers for Robin?

#2858 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In my opinion it is a VERY tall order to have music be even "almost" as good as Tron's. Totally subjective, I know, but the music and sounds in Tron is simply phenomenal.

Tron's music is phenomenal. One of the many reasons that game is as good as it is . . . that was why I said it just needed to be "almost" as good. Frankly, the music on this XMen pin somewhat scares me since they had nothing to base it off of. I sure hope they spent some time on it as music for a pin is crucial in my view.

#2877 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Sounds Like Production On Domestic Will Not Start Until Next Week.

Apparently Is Super Hot there, and Factory Floor has no A/C

No one likes this update but thanks for providing it all the same.

#2921 11 years ago

I still am holding out hope that Tron gets a code polish eventually. I think this would be good for sterns image with is main supporters. Tron is awesome as is, but polish it up like you did spider man.

#2931 11 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Game looks great, but voice callouts not so much. mnpinball - what are your sources telling you about voice talent? I hope it doesn't ruin an otherwise stellar game like POTC.

More important than the voice call outs is the music. I expected the voice action to be a little lacking since there are so many characters to implement; but the music needs to be top tier . . . I sure hope it is.

#2958 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Waiting: First, we waited for an announcement. Then, we waited for pics. Then, we waited for video. What's next for us to pine for....the first unboxing vid??

Yep; now we are just waiting for the shipment. Man, I sure wish it was coming in this weekend. I think my invisiglass is coming in this week to . . . now I just have to decide if it goes on my Tron LE or Wolvie LE (obviously, I need to order more glass).

#2960 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I am sure this has been asked before but does it have a video mode?

I sure wish it did, but my guess is no. How long has it been since Stern had a video mode? If they would have one they would have disclosed it by now (I'm still hoping a future Tron code update, if any, will have a video mode . . . that game could really use one).

#2962 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I looked and it never says anything about it....one of these days they will add video modes back. I think for the most part people enjoy them. I know I do!

Same here. Especially when it is well implemented to the game and gives good tangible benifits. But the people who do not like video modes are very vocal against them . . . makes no sense to me, but whatever. I hope Stern does a video mode again soon for a game that would make sense to have it . . . like Tron.

#2970 11 years ago

Why anyone would cancel their order after that video is beyond me. I thought the game looks great. The rule set looks like it will be solid (hopefully it is not all hurry up modes) and the dots look like the best Stern has done in years, if not ever. If the music is good this game will rock.

#2974 11 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

BTW.. bringing back the TF Whiteboard dust up.. does anyone see anything in the rules as they were shown to be very TF like in the way the whiteboard suggested. I know that was later claimed to be something to do with the wiring harnesses but still.

I sure hope not . . . no one wants another TF rule set . . . I'd rather a shallow game than nothing but a bunch of hurry ups.

#2984 11 years ago

I take Steve Blum is the iconic voice actor for Wolverine in the cartoons? That is good news.

#3014 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

IMO, almost every Pro has looked "cheapitized" compared to the LE - especially TF, AC/DC, and Tron...X-Men, at least visually, still looks pretty substantial as a Pro edition.

Not a huge difference in Tron. Just the lighted ramps really and a very slight code difference (oh, and drop targets that actually make it slower than the pro).

#3016 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, gameplay - generally the same...but visually - the difference is STRIKING, IMO. That's the point I was trying to make with X-Men...I think visually - the Pro still looks pretty similar to the LE...psychologically you won't feel so much like something's missing. ...maybe? I dunno, we'll see when they're both out...hehe.

Oh, gotcha. Yea, I see what you mean. The nightcrawlers not being in the pro will probably be the biggest visual difference I suppose. I am curious to see how well implemented they are in the game.

One interesting side note about the major differences in LE's and non-LE's . . . has anyone noticed how many fewer code updates the games with the different playfield aspects between LE and non-LE receive? It's like Stern just doesn't want to take the trouble to update one and not the other so they update neither . . . or is this just me being negative? I still want Tron's code to be polished up a bit . . . instant drain SDTM after finally tagging GEM (which happened to me twice tonight) really irks me and we deserve a ball save.

#3019 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I like the drops in TRON LE - but my preferred use of drops is to reveal something - like the I&S saucer in TSPP, or the inline drops on WOF that reveal a half-pipe ramp shot. I suppose AC/DC has that w/ the TNT target behind the drops.

I agree with this. I think drop targets show a higher level of "quality", but they need to serve a purpose in my feel or else I'd rather the money be spent on a shaker motor or something. I like how FGY used its death drop target . . . perfect use of a drop target in my view.

#3021 11 years ago

Yea, back to XMen; how do we protect against the magnet wear? Are there any specific type of mylar strips or something I need to buy now? How did they protect against wear there for SM and IJ4? That wolverine one seems like it could end up like Doc Oc fast?

#3024 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I totally agree and I would be lying if I wasn't concerned about XMLE. Stern does completely under-utilize the LE features. I'm afraid XMLE will only have ONE night crawler mode, ONE iceman mode, and one instance of the spinning disk. This is something that needs to be improved if stern continues to beef LE prices.

Yep; Stern has got to get their code up to par and they need to continue to support the discontinued games with code updates to show their loyal purchaser base that they won't abandon games after they are discontinued. The whole LE/pro split has me very worried that Stern won't update code much after release due to the hassle of having to update two sets of code.

I sure hope they have at least two modes for Nightcrawler, three would be even more idea. Would be horribly underutilized if they only had a single mode for those pop ups.

I am pumped about this game though. Already planning how to adjust the spare room at my office for it.

#3039 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I don't think it's the timeframe of hype, but more just the sheer volume of hype that has me worn out.

Yep; this game actually hasn't been official for very long, but it sure has had a lot of hype. Very little of that hype has come from Stern . . . we have generated it ourselves. Lots of pressure on Borg on this title; if it is as good or (dare I say) better than Tron his legend will grow to "near" Lawlor status.

I just sure hope the code is polished, rules are fun, and by golly the game has good a really kick butt music track (my biggest fear as I've said all along is the music will not be good for this pin as they have nothing to base it on . . . and that scares me).

#3043 11 years ago

Time for someone to start a 3000 post Avengers thread

I think there would be some disapointed people. While I have zero doubt Avengers will be coming in the next couple years, I just don't see Stern doing to comic books hero groups back to back. I think their target audience would be over saturated.

Obviously they are not going to do an original theme, so they need to either do another music theme or a completly different type of movie like Resident Evil or a car theme like Fast and Furious (huge library of movies to go off of for either of those themes . . . though they may both be better served to wait for the LCD).

I don't know what Stern is going to do next but it won't be Avengers, I am confident of that.

#3049 11 years ago

Eskaybee, I'm a bit scared of Gomez/Sheets as well with Avengers. It is funny how a couple off games can change your perspective on people, but it certainly has with Gomez (and I never even played TF, just did not like what I heard about it).

Let's hope Gomez feels the pressure and puts his all into whatever the next title is. I highly doubt it will be Avengers, I just can't see Stern going to exact same market back to back and thinking that is a good idea (but who knows).

#3057 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

It's Avengers, and I need to sell a kidney. Anybody buying?

With the new boardset and LCD, I'm worried the price will be quite a bit higher, too.

I thought the new boardset and LCD was mid-2013 at the earliest . . . has this changed? If I may ask, what is your source?

#3066 11 years ago

I see that they have added the X-Men pro to the database here. When do you think they will add the X-Men LE to the database? I know it hasn't shipped yet . . . but for some reason I feel like adding it to my current collection list. Guess I should wait till the box is in the house (or office, in my case).

#3070 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Just finished Wolverine and Xmen. To bad it was canned good series. Tried watching the 94 series man its bad. They must have thought every thing in the frame needed horrible shading. Its so bad i cant watch it. WOOF! Guess when i was 16 it was different lol. THICK BLACK LINES BEGONE!

Where did you get the wolverine and the xmen series in full? Online?

#3089 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You can actually watch the entire series free on marvel.com

It is the little things like this that keep you as one of my personal favorite posters on this message board!

#3161 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Should here something Tuesday/Wed. Games should start filtering out in the next day or so.

Sweet. I guess I need to figure out what to do about the shaker. Was it a group discount JJ was talking about for pre-orders?

#3190 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

1000 voice calls is the number i was told. They need to burn up old stock on boards is what i was told.

Thanks for the info; I gave that a thumbs down just because it was bad news . . . but do appreciate the update. So, that pretty seriously inhibits how much info they can put in this machine compared to AC/DC . . . that is a bit disapointing, but means they can stack at least as much as they put in Tron, which was a good amount of data so not totally disapointing.

#3197 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

1000 voice calls is still impressive. Well, at least it sounds impressive. Not sure how many calls other pins have.

SM had 740 I read and that was five years ago. On a full custom pin with full custom sound bites not dependant on a movie I would think they could do way more . . . perhaps I am just setting too high of standards; very possible.

#3201 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

The fact is had i not brought it up none of you would have opened the Backbox and looked.

LOL. That is actually a very good point!

#3253 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I just got My Allocation numbers for this week! They are supposed to start shipping Thursday and Friday!

Awesome news!!!!

#3288 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sweeet! GEX just told me mine is on its way : )

Congrats! I got a call into JJ about mine; so I hope to be celebrating with everyone else soon too!

#3291 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats! I got a call into JJ about mine; so I hope to be celebrating with everyone else soon too!

Just confirmed with JJ, my machine is coming out in the first waive too. Party time!

#3295 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

My XM is HERE!!!!
Well, sort of. Just got the word that my distributor (who is about 10 minutes up the highway from me) has my pin. Just gotta go up there and pick it up.

Unfortunately, I cant get a van and head up there for a day or two. ARGHHHHHHH!

Oh man that is a tough one bro! You would get to be the official unboxing post guy! Go get a uhaul and grab that sucker and show us the pics!

#3305 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Drano, aren't you feeling sick?? *cough cough*

Bingo!!!!

#3456 11 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

How long was X-Men in the design phase up to this point of being complete? It seems to have come out fairly quick after ACDC!!

Everyone is saying this game had "the most development time" of any Stern game. I think that was a quote from Borg that he had been working on this for over a year.

#3465 11 years ago

Anyone know if this machine is going to need Cliffy protectors anywhere? I want to get on the list early if so.

#3528 11 years ago

They still need to add the X-Men LE to the list as potential games to own; just the pro is listed now it seems.

#3680 11 years ago

Earlier in the thread I asked if they were going to make a special designation for the XMen LE and one of the mods indicated that would be done when Robin got back from vacation. Now that the game is shipping it may be a good idea to do this so people don't rait the pro based on the LE . . . plus, I'd like to add the LE to my current list.

#3695 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Some of us Americans don't get 30 days off in a year.

And in our profession...what's a vacation? They have those?

#3724 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Anyone else starting to see the PF dimpling, like all over?

Are you hitting a bunch of air balls? Flipper problem? Or do you somehow, possibly, already have a damaged ball eating up your playfield?

#3744 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

CPR playfields also are 2-3 weeka old at the of customer receipt. They recommend a minimum of 30 days of open air after receipt to allow it to cure before touching the playfield with a ball, wax, or novus -- in other words, anything.

Can LTG or Vid (or one of the other experts on their level) confirm this statement?

#3747 11 years ago

Thanks for the link; I'd actually never seen that website before. I wish they would remake some of the older plastic ramps that are hard to come by.

#3825 11 years ago

Holy cow Gambit . . . you just picked up and unboxed the machine today and you already decoded the rule set in this kind of detail? You have sick skills . . . it takes me several days of pretty good play to figure out the rules of machines in this great of detail.

#3912 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

There was a big meeting at Stern yesterday to discuss code, including issues. A code update will be out in another week or so followed by more code down the road.

I sure hope this is correct. Sounds like a mini code update is needed pretty urgently.

#3995 11 years ago

Wolverine No. 3 arrived at my office today.

Sadly, it will live in it's box another couple days before it gets opened. Hard seeing it there and not opening the box!!!

#4006 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Stupid Invisiglass. Wish I did not get it on my Tron. Now I have to buy it for the other games. : )

I've got two sheets sitting in their shipping box right next to my machines to be installed this weekend. A couple more sheets on order that should be here any day - one sheet is for a buddy. Can't wait to see this stuff in action!

#4015 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Sorry, but this is irresistible ...

LOL. I almost did that too!

#4016 11 years ago

So, how far do you think this thread can go now that the game is out? Think it will see 5k or will it die as a 4k something thread?

#4024 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mine plays perfect, no switch problems. Magneto can have a 2,3, or 4 ball multiball and the DMD actually coincides the ball animation upon release of the amount of balls released. Very cool.
This game is a freakin' blast. There will be another big update for it early next week.
This is Borg's best creation and the code will take it beyond many expectations.
As it is now at v1.1 it's deeper than Tron. The game rocks. Loving these new young programmers.

Thanks for the info on the code update. That rocks to hear we will get such a quick update. All us Stern fans appreciate your insight mnpinball. Speaking of Tron, since you mentioned the game, please relay to Stern we want another slight code polish on that one too.

#4089 11 years ago

Jeez pmwolf. You have given me the worst case of pin envy ever. Unreal collection. Very impressive.

#4092 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Thank goodness you didn't see the other wall.

Pics or you don't have another wall.

#4093 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

All that and you don't have a cart to lift the game to install the legs!
Gratz on your new pickup!
So what one game gets played the most out of your collection?

Seriously good question about what game he plays the most. And, just from looking at his collection I would wager the relative value of his pins by brand likely don't bother pmwolf one bit. I think it is safe to say he is a true, and rare, neutral. His ranking of machines to me is now more significant than most.

#4096 11 years ago

That is amazing. Wow!!! Nicest private collection I have ever seen, by a wide margin.

#4100 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Holy crap....now that puts some pressure on me!
My thoughts on my top 5...if you care:
Indiana Jones (Wms) is my favorite...but it was also my first pin, and I'm a sucker for the theme. Love the ruleset, sounds, dots, and theme integration.
I've been playing TRON LE a ton. Again, theme integration is fantastic...love the music. Gameplay is fast and just feels right! I keep coming back to this one again and again.
Spider-Man: Cripes, love this game, too. Spectacular flow. Tons of movie callouts.
ToTAN: Gorgeous game, and I really, really like John Popadiuk's stuff. I love magnets, and JPop throws some really inventive stuff into his games. (The spikes on ToTAN? Disappearing Genie Magnet? It's not the deepest game, but the toys are spectacular. I have other games to play if I want something deep...this one is just a quick blast).
#5...oh man, there are so many games I could put at #5, and feel completely justified in doing so. Medieval Madness (Great humor and shots) probably gets the nod for now, but honorable mentions to TSPP (unreal ruleset), BBB (best looking game ever), JP (For me, the best Data East), Monster Bash (Theme, Humor, Flow), and Centaur (years ahead of its time!).
Pete

Great review. I agree about Tron. That game is seriously addicting. I can see why number 5 was tough and glad to see BBB get consideration. Beatiful pin, excellent colors, great theme. Wish I had one.

#4104 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks for the vid...yours is 1.1, right? I already noticed some differences from other videos - such as "Villain Lit" instead of "Villain Qualified". During Sabertooth, it seemed like his life bar was barely moving down...was that due to missing shots or do you just need TONS of shots to defeat him?
Mine should be here next week, hopefully....can't wait to play it. I really like what I'm seeing so far. I know I've been "armchair quarterbacking", but overall it seems to be really stuffed with lots of character and has a true X-Men comic/cartoon sensibility about it. Love the DMD stuff, most of the voicework....Magneto's a bit theatrical, but for the most part it works. At first I was like "eh, why a Wolverine bash toy" ...but I really like his callouts - like you are accidentally hitting him in the midst of battle and he's annoyed with you....heh.

There is a code update? How did I miss this?

#4143 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Are people allowed to say who they bought the game from? I think that would certainly narrow down most of the problems. My guess is that people bought them from a distributor that may have had the best price but that doesn't necessarily have the best reputation.

How would the distributor make a difference if the game was drop shipped? I must be missing something here?

#4179 11 years ago

Any news on when the cliffy scoop protector will be ready? Thanks!!

#4387 11 years ago

RobT, do you agree it feels more like SM than Tron? (just out of curiosity)

#4391 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Agreed. I know it's been said to death, but it feels like bits of a lot of games.
The shot through Beast to the upper flipper and left ramp is very TAF-like to me. The Nightcrawlers (not that I ever see them) are very MM of course. There's a little bit of Tron in there.
It does defy direct comparison though.

This is a fair statement. As I mentioned earlier though, I expect really long ball times on this game. Atune to family guy and spider man.

#4576 11 years ago

I'm a bit behind on this thread now too. Any solid leads on when the code update that was supposed to come out last week will be released?

#4578 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's now something along the lines of "we are adding a bit more to this update so it will be this week or next week". To me that translates to several weeks from now with a huge bunch of promises in it, only some of which get delivered. Man and all we needed was a scoring fix to really enjoy what we have here.

Scoring fix and a mode stacking . . . it really needs good mode stacking.

#4593 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Let's take this in a couple sections:
Magneto Multi-Ball: BEFORE the multi-ball starts, you need to "collect" heroes. You just need to hit their shot ONCE for them to be "collected" for the multi-ball. (ie: Hit Wolverine once. He stays lit. Hit Beast once. He stays lit. Hit the IceMan ramp once...he's lit, etc etc etc).
Anyone you have "collected" and solidly lit when Multiball starts becomes your JACKPOT SHOTS.
So, if you ONLY hit Wolverine and the IceMan ramp before the multiball start, then you can ONLY collect Jackpots from the IceMan ramp, Wolverine and the center Magneto shot (which is always a jackpot shot, no matter what).
If you are really rocking...you can have ALL shots lit for jackpots (collect Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Prof-X, Cyclops, IceMan and Phoenix before the multi-ball start....so all those shots are jackpots during the MB).

Not really....for the Rogue mode that you are mentioning, it shows a cool animation...like if you hit Wolverine, then you see her race across the screen with claws slashing. Hit the Cyclops shot to see her do an optic blast, etc. Just eye candy as you clear the mode, along with entertaining voice quotes.

Hugly helpful. Thanks!

#4862 11 years ago

So for those with Tron and Xmen, any view as to which might be favourite? I know it is difficult at this stage as honeymoon phase makes it more difficult! Still deciding between the two.....

As of right now I enjoy Tron LE more than XMen LE. I think XMen has the "potential" to pass Tron in the long term if the scoring issues are addressed and Nightcrawler is implemented right (also, I think there needs to be some visual mods done . . . that is one of the coolest things about Tron, blinging it out).

#4863 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't need to speak for Mark, but he certainly is not saying that the scoring issue is the only thing that needs to be fixed. Please read his other posts from today! Fix the scoring FIRST/NOW and release updated code NOW. Fix the other stuff later.

This plus 1 million. Get the scoring right and then do a more sweeping update a couple weeks down the road (shorter than that ideally). The scoring must be fixed.

#4864 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

1. X-Men to be released
2. Who will do the art?
3. Comic Based vs Movie Based
4. Waiting
5. Video teaser.
6. X-Men will have Marvel Voice Actors
7. More Waiting and Speculation.
8. Stern Releases Media House Video - Excitement
9. Much More Waiting
10. First LE Games start shipping.
11. First videos of Gameplay
12. Notes made scoring not working right
13. More Games Ship
14. Wolverine hit, Spinning Disc Problems
15. More Talk.
16. Waiting for Update for scoring fix
17. More Talking
You may not pass the pinside X-Men Thread test but at least this gets you up to speed.

LMAO! Good summary. Tons of sidebar discussions have occured as well . . . this thread has kind of had it all.

#4865 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Rob, it is not wrong for you to be pissed. Just saying a code update is coming and it addresses a lot of peoples concerns. Just trying to pass along good news. I have voiced my concerns to Stern and provided them feedback from my customers viewpoint and passed along these threads to them.

I am glad to hear Stern reads these threads. Frankly, this is free market research for them . . . they should honestly study this thread to get the current pulse of what has become the most import sector of their customer base - the high end home user with enough discretionary income to purchase one or two NIB a year if they are attracted to the machine.

This thread is a perfect walk through for Stern of what their customers want: collectable high recognition masculine theme (done), custom artwork with no actor mugs on them (done), custom voice work (done), modern color changing lighting (done), tons of factory LEDs (done) innovative toys that make sense with the theme (done), high quality product with could quality control (not done well), plenty of clear coat on the playfield (done), rules that are well thought out and work (not doen well), no demo code where THE most important component in pinball (scoring) works (not done at all), clear communication between the manufacturer and the customer on updates (not done at all).

Anyway, I'm happy with Stern. I think they will fix the scoring issue and fix it soon and this game will be epic. Heck, the game rocks now, just needs the scoring fixed.

#4867 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Really, there should be some feedback from Stern such as a blog. This is my biggest issue, we have Mike (GAP) posting second hand info when they someone at Stern should be here IMO.

I understand why they don't post on pinside itself (they gain nothing arguing with a troller, and their presence would attract trolls . . . and who knows, competitors may masquarade around and bait them) . . . but they HAVE to keep us all better informed. They really need to give us schedules letting us know what code they are working on and set a date of when it will be finished by . . .

Everyone works better under deadlines, the Stern programers would be the exact same. Give them a hardly publically set deadline and they will get the code done within that deadline . . .

#4872 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just had a 30 minute 3-ball game, what a freakin blast! Lit all the heroes - completed cyclops beast rogue and wolverine. Did all the villain modes except brotherhood - completed juggernaut and Sabertooth (for first time).
With every made shot and combo I felt my adrenalin and excitement rush through my veins. Can't wait for combos to be implemented. I really think they need a mini wizard mode for doing all the modes but not completing them. Something that's achievable more often than most mini wizard modes. As far as I understand the mini wizard modes are only lit if you complete all the modes of either heroes or villains, is this right?
Anyway, that was a heck of a fun game. One more game before bed?

Go for one more! I totally agree on the mini wizard mode for just activating all the other modes . . . us mere mortals needs something attainable to shoot for too!

#4873 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The code will be complete ! Man people need to settle down.
Code is coming. An update very soon. Official Stern release parties are the 24th. Plenty of time.

This coming from mnpinball actually makes me feel considerably better. Thanks for the updates mn!

#4883 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

So if you want to see the mini wizard mode it will be: Start the mode...cradle the ball until the time runs out. Start a mode...cradle the ball until the time runs out, rinse, repeat, no fun.

I never once have done that, but wouldn't look down upon people who would do that if they want to see the mini wizard mode. I guess it could be a major buzz kill if you had a competitive tournament going at your house and people did that to score the bigger points in the mini wizard mode . . . but that is simple to counter act in the code of the game (look how they did it with family guy; you gotta do well in the modes to get the bigger jackpots...not worth holding on to the ball).

I do see your point though and agree that could be a buzz kill for some, but I do respectfully disagree for the masses . . . an attainable wizard mode is more important that risking ball cradeling in my view.

#4884 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Plus they can do a progressive mini mode meaning the more hero/villain modes completed The bigger your mini wizard mode jackpots will be similar to tv wizard mode. It's not like you can cradle each mode and once you get to mini wizard mode you get a bajillion points.

I should have read all the way through the thread and just plus one'd this instead of giving a separate answer. Eskabee's point is exactly how I feel about it and he said it in simplier better thought out terms.

#4980 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

People who are arguing for a mini wizard mode for starting all the modes.

I would like a mini wizard mode for getting every mode active, completed or not.

#4983 11 years ago

Man, this thread will hit 5,000 posts in the few hours. All with very little spam and mostly staying on topic and virtually no childish arguing. What a great thread. Kudos to everyone who posts in this thread. Who knows, this could grow into the largest thread of all time on pin side.

It is number three by volume all time right now correct?

#5208 11 years ago

Been out of town for a few days. I take it no new code updates? (yes, I'm being very lazy and not reading through the new posts, LOL).

#5214 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Pinside is FAR more active now, even compared to February of this year. Surely this thread is a pinside record.

There are two larger threads. I'll see if I can find them. One was the TF fundraising for Robin. I forgot the other one; will look.

#5247 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I looked for the TF fundraising thread, and the one I found was nowhere new this large. Do posts get deleted?

I couldn't find either thread myself (though I am sure the TF for Robin had multiple threads). Earlier in this thread; somewhere in the 3,000 post range, one of the mods posted a link to the longest thread (it was the other one, not the TF for Robin one). It was around 10,000 posts as I recall. I just don't have the patience to search it out...then again, this thread has been going on so long, perhaps I am now dreaming about inner thread discussions that never happened.

#5267 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I hate to say it but this is one game where I can see Gary getting greedy and coming out with another batch of LEs.
Imagine if he makes 300 Night Crawler versions? Now THAT would be cool.

Nah, Gary won't do that. He won't risk angering 550 of his best NIB LE purchasers. He sold them on exclusivity and he won't change the numbers. He will just make more LE's for the next game if he figures the pin hobby is really heating up.

#5646 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

It truely baffles my why Tron get's so much respect... it's only got about 4 modes to speak of and is as shallow as Paris Hilton... TF is way more complex and engrosing... I've had both LEs, still have TF, but had to move Tron on because it was just too shallow... Is it the colour changing ramp lights, 3D backglass and spinning balls from the disk that mesmerise people into believing the game is good... Maybe I missed something, but 'till I find out, I'll remain totally baffled...

I find Tron to be a fast and rewarding game to play. It looks great, sounds superior, and plays well with good rules. I laugh when people say it is shallow . . . how many people have completed portal?

#5658 11 years ago

Ah, I'm jealous of those with the updated code installed . . . I won't be able to do mine until this weekend at the earliest, and possibly not till next weekend.

1 week later
#6165 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

When you want to reset the game after a lousy first ball, you don't have to turn the machine off and on. Just wait for the next ball to load into the shooter lane, and press & hold the Start button. It start a new game at 0. Don't do it before the last ball bonuses out and the new one appears, or you will just add a 2nd player.

Very useful tip!!!

#6166 11 years ago

Finally had a break from work and was able to download the updated code. One word: wow!!!! Really loving this game. It may in fact pass Tron in my view and I didn't think that was possible.

#6182 11 years ago

Mini wizard modes would be awesome. Gives something attainable for us mere pin mortals.

#6298 11 years ago
Quoted from Naf:

Not really a problem but had a led bulb fall out from the right slingshot lamp and fall into the ball troft which would not let the balls plunge out in shooter lane. Once I figured out it was a led stuck in there I took it out and installed it in lamp socket and now it is not lighting up in lamp? Are these that fragile? So I am on here wondering to get a replacement led bulb for the slingshot lamp. Any thoughts on where to obtain these bulbs highly appreciated. Thanks!

That is funny. Exact same thing from same lamp happened to me with ten games or so in...actually, it was the only problem I've had really.

#6299 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

1.3 when is it coming .. ?

LOL, I am so behind on this thread...I'm just enjoying version 1.2 and the scoring correction. Anyone know when the Cliffy will be ready for this game?

#6416 11 years ago

I agree there needs to be a better reward for completing villians. I'm sure the next code update will address it. Those modes are not easy to complete.

#6423 11 years ago

Beast doesn't bother me at all; I do find him rather funny. Storm on the other hand is simply terrible.

#6438 11 years ago

Does anyone have any idea when the next code update will be coming out for XMen? I know we just had one a month ago but it seems like there are so many suggestions for refinement.

#6440 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

There was one today its so minor i doubt it will go live. but it is on the launch machines.

A code update? Well, good to see they are still working on it. Thanks as always for your insight Akuma.

#6476 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Finally made danger room tonight! 3 ball factory lanes minimum. 129mil score. Thoughts on the mode without spoiling too much; intro was weak, ending (if I completed it which I think I did) is weak too. Everything else was way better than I had read about; fun mode. The mode did feel unfinished at the end, I think the end should be a shot to danger room then kill power and do a final sequence and tally of points then resume normal gameplay. In either case I thought it was a real fun mode.

Blast. Looks like this will be another game where your score will be the pace setter. Take a pic and upload that sucker. My cliffy just came in today so I will be upping my play considerably on the machine now.

1 week later
#6603 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not meaning to jump topics here, but we had sooooo many details on this game months before it was even announced. There were cad drawings, partial whitewood pics, and a detailed description of the Playfield layout.
On the flip side, there is nothing on the next pin (likely Avengers). No secret cad shots, and not much in the way of a description. (Sure, I've heard SOME nuggets, but not at the XMen level).
Is Gomez just more tight-lipped, or was there a reason to put out all the XMen info early?
Side note: I'm still really liking XMen. I give TRON LE the edge, but that is not a knock on XM.
Pete

Eh, I think the XMen data came out about six or seven weeks beefore the game was released. If they plan to release the next game in late October or early November we are still on schedule. I would like to know the theme soon. I just don't see it being Avengers, but that is my personal opinion that may not be shared by Gary Stern.

#6688 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I think Sentinels goes on hold when Multiball starts, and resumes when MMB is over.
Pete

I hope not. I don't get why programmers can't understand we players enjoy stacking...

#6690 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

100k Karma points..... This the longest thread ever??

Nope. The longest one is over 7k. This one is approaching it though.

#6838 11 years ago

Now that AC/DC has had a code update, when will XM receive their next code update?

1 week later
#7206 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This is one of the bigger....if not the biggest problem with X-Men (pro and LE). The Wolverine figure was poorly designed. At the factory they have shaved off the figures elbow so it won't catch balls. The problem is...he still catches balls. You will have to, at the very least, take him loose and try to lean him a bit. You could also remove him and shave more off of his elbow or try to completely reposition him.
You might want to check here for suggestions:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-wolverine-remount
That being said, after you get him repositioned you may also have to do it again. He seems to slip out of adjustment after taking a beating.

Surely there will be a smaller after market mod wolverine figure made? I have to believe someone is already working on this? Will sell like hotcakes.

#7210 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Friend at PPE said they announced that Lyman will be helping out. That's great news for us xmen owners.

Helping finish the code? That is promising. I hope they tone down the difficulty of the villain modes a tad.

#7213 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Lyman isn't one to tone down the difficulty. But he is one to make the game play extremely rewarding and fun. He is huge on mode stacking. Will be interesting to see what he can do I help at this point. The rules are really not Lyman-like at all as they stand now.

Mode stacking is deeply needed. Perhaps the hybrid rule set will give us something truly unique and cool. Any idea when the code update will come?

#7215 11 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Yes, please change Beast's voice. Everytime one of my friends plays for the first time and hears his voice they can't stop laughing.

I think the humor of beasts voice is great. Storm on the other hand...her voice must be changed.

#7218 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

His extra touch and this really will become one of the best . Very exciting

The game does seem to be unduly ridiculed for some reason. It has great art. Great music. Lots of call outs (storms voice does suck). Great dots. Cool magnet use. Cool toys. Lots of shots. Three flippers (I view this as a plus). And one of the best themes in years (from the view of many anyway). All it needs is some top notch code to bring it all together.

#7222 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lyman is aces but lets hope his time line does not come with the code. If so it will be after tron in line

I'm hoping this doesn't delay Lyman giving Tron it's final polish. Tron is beyond awesome already, one good code polishing on it though and it could be breath taking...tron is a home run for Stern...it deserves the spider man treatment and having the perfect code.

#7228 11 years ago

Big thank god it went comic. People forget so easily how this game met everything they had been clamering for. Custom art, custom dots, custom sound. Stern delivered.

#7258 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I think Avengers is a little ways off. Maybe Expo will see the anouncement with a Christmas shipping.?????
Really wondering if one of the boys got pulled to work on Borgs next game.

Agreed. For some reason I think we are. More than a month away from the next games announcement.

1 month later
#7536 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Game is so quick and random, I have balls flying everywhere causing LEDs to pop out of their sockets all the time.

I lost my third LED on a game last week. Not sure where it came from but saw it go SDTM during the game.

7 months later
#7641 10 years ago

Heck yes, great bump!!!! Now that this game kicks butt, we need to get this thread rolling again.

Xmen.jpgXmen.jpg

#7653 10 years ago

This thread is like a long lost friend. Great to see you!

We all stopped posting here in shame due to the code. Now, the code is rocking and we can be finally publicly announce, we have one of the best pins ever in pinball.

mutant-and-proud-beast.jpgmutant-and-proud-beast.jpg

#7668 10 years ago

Just set a new 42 combo record on my machine while knocking out the default high score.

Actually, had a heck of a day of pinball too . . . set a new GC score on my Doctor Who also.

#7669 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh wait...xmen pro! Hehe just messin around. But I really don't like the NC mechs if I'm being honest.

I've said many times, XMen Pro is a freaking awesome game (check my machine rankings). Feature wise, the only thing I would really miss is the spinning disk.

They've made the ice ramp better . . . but it still does little for me. They've made the nightcrawlers better and they are still no where near as well implemented as the trolls or gofers. What I would miss most about not having an LE is the artwork honestly.

#7678 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I somehow got a 74 combo record

I must go play some more!!!!!!!

#7720 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

No kidding...I should just remove the flippers instead...ball times would be similar.
=)

People talk about how brutal this game is . . . I don't think the ball times are nearly as quick as Tron, IM, or Avengers. Sure it isn't SM, LOTR, or FGY for ball times either but you can get on a roll with XM. I keep enjoying mine more and more!!!!

#7721 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well boys! Long story short; R+L carriers decided for the last minute to let me know that they will be unavailable to deliver to my area on our scheduled delivery day of Friday and that they'll have to do the delivery next week! F THAT! It's a 4 day weekend for me. So I grabbed my works flatbed truck and well, the picture should tell the rest.
I got about a hundred mods to put in this thing so prob won't have it set up and playing til tomorrow. But now I have something to do while I grill and drink this 4th of July! Happy 4th all!

Welcome back to the family!!!!!!!! Glad we have someone on here good enough to get to Dark Phonex and film it for the rest of us.

#7757 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Finally got er done! Never got to the BB scoop light, gonna have to figure that one out with some help from my friends may do a few led swaps but like the look so far. Total mods:
PF support rails
Ramp post mod
Shaker
FF speakers and woofer
Shooter lane protector
CT premium LEDs
Mirror blades
Invisiglass

Man, I am glad you are back on the XMen team!!!!! We needed you. Now, get us to dark phonex with full video!!!!!!

1 week later
#7827 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I also don't want to have an original aux board that I have to worry about when a new revision has been made.

Just so all us XMen owners are clear . . . I thought the problem was not with the auxiliary board themselves (per se) but something that was generated from early bugs that got worked out with future code updates.

Perhaps my mind is now unjustly blaming all of XM's early issues on the code unjustly but I haven't heard of anyone having an aux board problem in awhile.

#7836 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

The original board had a shared ground between the 5v and 50v circuits. They believe ground hop from the high voltage to the low voltage side caused damaged to the logic chip on the board. That led to the coils or magnets remaining energized until the transistors burned out.

I still have an original board; never had any problems . . . now I'm going to worry about it. LOL

#7843 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Call Chas and explain that you would like to swap out AUX pcb A for the New AUX pcb rve. B board. He should agree to send it at no charge Through a Dist. Mine had AUX pcb A and worked fine. But I called him and told him I needed the New AUX pcb rev. B to be on the safe side. Gave my SN# two a Dist. And Chas had the part Department drop ship to me at no charge. And I sent to old AUX A with a REf # back to STERN.

You da man. Thanks!!!!!!

#7855 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Call Chas and explain that you would like to swap out AUX pcb A for the New AUX pcb rve. B board. He should agree to send it at no charge Through a Dist. Mine had AUX pcb A and worked fine. But I called him and told him I needed the New AUX pcb rev. B to be on the safe side. Gave my SN# two a Dist. And Chas had the part Department drop ship to me at no charge. And I sent to old AUX A with a REf # back to STERN.

I PM'd JJ at Gex who I bought the machine from and he is taking care of me on Monday. Thanks again for the advice.

#7859 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I PM'd JJ at Gex who I bought the machine from and he is taking care of me on Monday. Thanks again for the advice.

So, where do I find the serial number on my particular auxiliary board?

#7860 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just a matter of time. Got the NC EB and made it to DR. Didn't do to well on it unfortunately, think I only got to phase 2. 221 mil game + 78 combos.
That's DR and portal (on RobT's TRON LE) in one day! Good pin day

That's sick! I did set GC score on my buddy's LOTRs and his XMen LE today (though not a score like yours). That puts me currently at GC on two XMen LE's - No. 3 and No. 123.

#7869 10 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Call your distributor or Stern and explain that you have concerns your original board will eventually go out like several have and they will drop ship the new improved one to you.Then you ship the old one back.
My original worked fine except the NCs sometimes acted funny with both popping up at times during the NC mode but then 1 would drop.

Question on Speed's behalf, he is the second owner of his Wolverine. He does have a distributor he does regular business with, should he call the original distributor that sold the original buyer to make the request or should Speed contact his regular distributor?

By the way, I will revolt if his XMen goes out too and I have one myself!!!!! That is how much I am loving this game right now with the new code.

#7870 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

It's the serial number of your machine that he will need to get the advance replacement ordered. The board just has a part number.

Thanks for the response!

I'm not sure if I have ever looked for that either . . . there are so many stickers on my machine with different stuff on them . . . sorry for the total noob question, but where exactly do I look for the machine's serial number?

#7872 10 years ago

Welcome to the club NorCalRealtor. Us XMen owners are now a proud bunch and we all have an awesome game!

They seem to have improved both the voices of Storm and Beast, shortened them anyway (or maybe I just don't notice them as much). Which version of the code are you running?

#7883 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyway, had an epic game. Completed 4 villains, all but 2 heroes. Everything was meshing perfect. Making shots and combos left and right. Found a little trick and I hope they keep this in the game cause it really adds to the strategy and makes me respect and enjoy villains more. So if you go to light HFC or BH right off the bat and light them, all you need to do is not play their mode then hit their lit target and it auto lights villain start again. Adds so much to the game; hope it's not a bug or taken out.

Hmm, interesting. I'm going to try that out. Thanks for tip Eskaybee!!!!

1 week later
#7914 10 years ago

With how much money Dysney is making off Marvel since the purchase I would think they would prioritize Marvel licenses. Particularly on high dollar items like pinball machines (even if the item itself doesn't generate much licensing revenue independently).

1 month later
#7931 10 years ago

I believe this is the second longest thread in pinside history. I hope it hits 8,000.

I agree fully with justonemore. A two ball multi ball would be nice for starting them all.

1 week later
#7939 10 years ago

Honestly, I'm pleased with the code as it is now. I would never get to a super wizard mode anyway which is i guess what dead pool would be.

#7971 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Come on Tiger don't let them off the hook that easy. The game as is right now is incomplete and it has been over a year now. No extra ball for 25 combos, no deadpool ect. Don't get me wrong I love the game to but am a bit tired of waiting to them to make things right with those that went through this roller coaster and FINISH THE CODE! Especially with Stern increasing prices with every new pin they make we can't let stuff like this slide with what they are asking for their machines.

This is actually a good point and changed my mind. They do need one more update to just get these things finished. If they want pre-orders, they need to show commitment and finish games . . . especially those as popular as XMen is. Hopefully it will happen.

#7975 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Hello all pinball fans and Stern critics.
DON"T BUY A GAME UNTIL IT IS FINISHED! NO PREORDERS! NO BUYING WHEN RELEASED HALF-BAKED!
Yes, I'm shouting. Sorry. Please forgive me.
Dave

The problem with not pre-ordering and waiting for the game to be finished is that if you must have a NIB LE you simply may not be able to get one if you wait. (On XMen there was no premium either.)

For me, there was no chance I wasn't going to order a Wolverine edition XMen game. Being based on the comic, with the art package, and Wolverine being my favorite character as a kid . . . it was going to be pre ordered to make sure I got one NIB and they didn't all vanish like the AC/DC and Tron LE's did. Being designed by Borg was a big plus as well.

2 weeks later
#7991 10 years ago

Has there been any sort of confirmation that another code release will be made?

#7995 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I emailed Waison yesterday, for whatever good that will do. I hope he will be upfront and respond, but I'm not going to hold me breath.

Man, if he does pm it to me please!

4 weeks later
#8014 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Who is the main villain for the new movie? Looked like the telekinetic guy from that video but I can't think off hand who is? I sure hope this movie is a big box office smash hit. The franchise could really use one movie that exceeds expectations.

#8017 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

The character he plays is "Bolivar Trask".

Thanks! I had to look up who he was, had zero familiarity with the character. Sounds like it could be interesting (I won't give spoilers for those who don't want to know). Yes, he is a good actor, plays a great role on GOTs.

#8021 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

and then re-run the pro models.

They still list the pro as being in production: http://www.sternpinball.com/Games.aspx

Perhaps the dream is not that far off. XMen is an amazing game.

1 week later
#8080 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I wonder what are "Team Difficulties". Sounds like he was not trying to throw anybody under a bus.
Hopefully, Borg will chime in on this as it is his game.

He kind of did throw the original code writers under the bus. What I took from his comments was he was Stern was too busy and wasn't going to be coming back to this game. Though he basically said it was possible he only said that after he initially answered no more updates on XMen (ie. he quantified his statement, but he was clear in my view that there would be no more updates).

#8119 10 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

"I have no clue where Steve received his info from but I'll ask him when he gets back from his vacation."

After talking to John, as a Wolverine owner from the very beginning, I felt like X-Men was still going to get more attention before it is called finished.

I don't think Borg has any clout with Stern. Its a shame too, I love his games and he is my favorite designer, but I don't think he can do anything to get Gary to have the code finished.

As I mentioned in another thread, I was the one who asked Steve the question on Friday night in Houston. The way he responded made it pretty clear that no code updates were coming. After apologizing for it (he literally sad he was "sorry") he did back peddle a little bit and said he would be very surprised if it had another update.

I am sure he was in the room for meetings about this code situation and is plenty in the know. I hope he is wrong but he was so certain he must know in my personal view.

#8122 10 years ago

I don't think Borg really knows or has any say on who works on what code. Once he's done designing it has always sounded to me like he was done with the game. Ritchie always talks about the code on his games, might be why it usually gets finished sooner or later.

I hope musketd is correct, but if he didn't hear that straight out of the mouth of GS I think the person who told him may have wrong info (unless it is GS I doubt they know as much as Ritchie).

1 month later
#8217 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Stern Facebook: "Look out for heavy metal mutants!" Assume xmen and Metallica update s very soon

Thanks for posting this; good news!

#8227 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well...hulk is big and IM is metal. So maybe heavy metal mutants means an avengers update?

The flaw in that logic is none of the avengers are mutants?

1 month later
#8255 10 years ago

So, the Predator thread is quickly gaining on this thread for the rank of longest thread of all time. The code update should give this thread a bit of new life when it comes out but the Predator thread could go on a long long time.

#8281 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Someone out there knows something. PM someone on here with the details so that they can post the info.

I suspect all that will be heard will be crickets up and until the new code is released. While I am sure some people are in the know and even testing the code, those guys aren't going to release confidential data. That would risk them not being included in the future.

I think we will all be very happy in the end and at this point I have no issue waiting a little while longer.

#8370 10 years ago

And I won't be able to play till Thursday! Man, I can't wait...screw my morning staff meeting. Time to update and play!

#8372 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

The 1.50 update is appreciated, and glad to see deadpool has arrived!
Can now only wish for one last polish to the code and it's an A+ game
Thank you Stern

This is one of the deeper games stern has made. There is a ton to do and I know I'm not good enough to do it all in one game. What would you suggest be done to polish it further?

#8385 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Doesn't seem like a massive or overly complicated update and really goes a long way to demonstrating commitment to putting out a great product from the start. Or is it that no matter what they put out, we will all find something to bitch about? Probably the latter.

People will complain about anything that is put out . . . that is the nature of forums on the internet. That said, I think we can all be happy and feel that Stern has released one of their deepest games with XMen. Great dots, great music, great shot layout.

For those that complain about Wolverine and starting him three times in one game (I've never started him more than twice) just adjust the difficulty to start him.

#8496 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Keep playing. XMEN is one of the most difficult layouts in pinball. The better you get at it the better you will get at pinball in general.

Only avengers has a more difficult layout in my view.

#8517 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yes!!!! Finally got to Dark Phoenix. Pretty damn fun mode. I love this pin!!

image-734.jpg 198 KB

Wow! Nice score. Time for me to practice!

#8522 10 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Someone told my the last pro runs had LED's? Anyone can confirm this?

That would be awesome if they did run some pros with LEDs. Talk about getting some more excitement for the game that way.

3 months later
#8626 9 years ago

This thread really needs to be the fan club thread. The word EPIC gets tossed around a lot, but this is the longest thread in Pinside history I believe. To honor it it should be the club thread. What do you guys think?

#8630 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I second the motion!
Rob
Robsgameroom.com

Alright, we have a motion and a second on the floor. I also noticed the Dude gave the thought a thumbs up so I am taking that as his consent as well.

I will private message PMWolf as the OP and get his permission. If granted I will move this thread to the clubs section and lock the other XMen club thread (I think it has under 200 posts).

#8635 9 years ago

pmWolf agreed. This is now the official XMen Club thread. I will lock down the other thread that was started a few weeks ago if it pops up again.

#8636 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Anyone go back and read it all from the beginning?

I just read a couple pages of them. I think it is funny I thought it was possible to be the LCD unveiling. Gosh, Stern has taken their time with getting that out to us . . .

Anyway, X-Men Wolverine LE #3 here, Mutant and Proud!

#8654 9 years ago

I like to think I played a small roll in getting the final code update. I was the guy who asked Ritchie in Houston whether it would have one and Ritchie publicly said "sorry but no, it was a mess up" and that got everyone riled up and made and stern started to work on it.

My small contribution. Ha!

#8683 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Any pick up the comic issue number to go along with their LE #.
I have #122 and my buddy is getting me issue #122 to match.
#123 is sweet.

X-Men_Vol_1_122.jpg 35 KB

479px-X-Men_Vol_1_123.jpg 119 KB

#123 (Wolverine version anyway) is about three miles down the road from me at my buddy's house. He has that comic framed and a blown up photo of it behind the game. He bought it HUO from another pinsider but I can't now remember who it was.

#8690 9 years ago

Wolverine No. 3, first appearance of the Blob.

XMen 3.jpgXMen 3.jpg

#8694 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

In the process of purchasing a NIB Wolverine LE. This pin is on my wish list, and I could not be more excited! This will be my first NIB experience.

You honestly couldn't pick a better game to have that experience with. Check my game rankings!

1 month later
#8833 9 years ago

I'm glad to see this thread still rocking. I'm hoping this thread is the first one to reach 10,000. It has a shot for sure but the PPS MMr thread seems to have better odds.

#8841 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Plays up to 1 hr of video, loops endlessly until game is powered off.

Screenshot_2014-08-10-23-25-36.p... 469 KB

Wow! Something like the Tron arcade? That would sell well on xmen.

#8848 9 years ago

Welcome to the family btw. I'd suggest you stick with the cliffy but I'm having the same issue.

#8867 9 years ago

My LE has never had any issues. I agree the magnets create less randomness than say Iron Man's but the deep rules set can't be beat this side of LOTRs.

#8868 9 years ago

Speaking of XMen and IM, talk about two games that comment each other tremendously. One fan, one a more unique layout with a third flipper. One long ball time one brutal. One with shots that flow from one to the next and one wkth tight shooter shots that do wicked combos. Both have amazing shaker code and great sound.

I'm in New Orleans today. I picked up these two tin print outs for my game room.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8872 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

That is not how I pictured how you look...

Haha! That is my beautiful fiancé.

#8876 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Some of my frustration with the game is because it is so deep, as if I didn't think it was possible to complete all the heroes much less the villains. But looking past that, I found that the gameplay is very fun, the villains are unique and fun, even Weapon X MB which I had disliked has become fun to play as well.

I've been considering moving the game to five balls for this reason (mainly the villains).

3 weeks later
#8953 9 years ago

Stern has certainly done a better job of not leaking releases. I remember when people knew the game release order three games in advance. Now we have no clue about unannounced games.

#8956 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

In your view...is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
Which would you rather have?
Pete

Hard to say, it is more fun to have buzz and hype. I miss the hype.

#8958 9 years ago

Yea, Stern has not done much to help their LE market in collectibility. I still can't believe mustang LE didn't have a nice mirrored back glass. Nothing collectable about mustang LE at all.

#8961 9 years ago

How did you get that picture of me and Stan Lee?

#8983 9 years ago

I gotta say, I have been sucking at xmen the past week. Just can't get more than 20 mill. Played five games yesterday and about that many the day before...going to play it some tomorrow and see what's up. Anyone else go through slumps with this game?

2 weeks later
#9138 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How would everyone here rate X-Men vs Tron?

I had both till recently. I needed to move one. I'm still in the Xmen club and don't regret my choice at all.

1 week later
#9157 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Yes, but Wolverine is set to die soon.
(In the comics).
And, as we all know...Marvel will never, ever bring him back.
Pete

I will need to grab this comic when it comes out. Is it part of an arc now? Cross over event of some kind? I'm so behind in the comics...

#9161 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Four issue limited series....finale coming out next week, I think.
http://www.fandompost.com/2014/09/17/death-of-wolverine-finale-debuts-greg-land-cover/
I'm way behind in comics, too. Might pick up this series on eBay, though.
Pete

They really need to bundle the most recent comic books and sell them in one go through iBooks or something in full color. Is that not done?

3 months later
#9364 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcadedl:

Update: sold on 1/16/15
Do any of you guys want to buy a NIB (bag) Stern X-Men plastics set? I had bought this back when I owned an X-Men pro...but have since sold it.
Asking $140 shipped.

Did you buy that from Stern direct? Always curious where people get the NOS from.

#9367 9 years ago

So, my cliffy over the scoop keeps making the ball hang up. I'm thinking of just removing it. I've had it on since day one, problems started a few months ago and keep getting worse. Think it's okay if I play it bare?

#9369 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You could get some wear, I have a bit of ware, but you can always put the cliffy back on if it bothers you.
I have a Mantis scoop protector and used some 'hard as nails' protector but the black paint is very easy to come off, kind of like you see in a shooter lane.

Yea, I had ware on my FGY from not having the cliffy on the scoop. I know it happens...but the game is absolutely being affected now.

#9371 9 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Anyone else notice sterns FB post with an video on xmen members? We getting new code, or is this a tease?

XM's code is complete. There will be no more releases of code for the game.

#9374 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I had that issue too, but instead of removing the cliffy, I just put a piece of mylar down where the hang up was occurring. Part on the playfield on part OVER TOP of the cliffy. Like a bridge to get rid of the hang up dip. Has worked really well for me.

Hmm, I will try that first. What shape and size did you cut the mylar into? Mind posting a quick pic by chance?

#9417 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does this work for the LE?

Was this question answered?

#9423 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If there was a re-release of this game as a Premium, who would you rather see the art package done by:
1) Dirty Donny
2) John Byrne
3) Jim Lee
4) Other (Kirby, Turner, etc).

Stan Lee

#9435 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Is anyone working on a Pro and LE decal to cover the exposed wood around that area?

Does Aurich own this game? If so, we should hit him up...

#9438 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wish Stern or some secondary would come up with a good mod that was a complete kit.

I'd buy it in a heart beat.

#9442 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So is xmen a keeper?

Certainly a keeper in my collection. I sold my Tron LE over my XMen LE. Granted, XMen was always a dream theme for me, but I just think the game looks amazing . . . great art work and color scheme that I just could not imagine getting rid of it even if I started playing it less.

6 months later
#9891 8 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Then use the captive ball mod: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods
Can't recommend the captive ball enough. Such an improvement to the game.

Thank you!!! PavBall and I will order that.

3 weeks later
#9929 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

If you haven't bought the newton ball, order that. It is an upgrade in the speed and gameplay without waiting for Stern to do something with the code:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods
I haven't heard from anyone yet that installed it and isn't happy.

I need to get that ordered. I keep forgetting.

#9930 8 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Good call PiperPinball I'm patiently waiting for the color rom too. I do like the yellow though on bballfan's, I might mess with the colors tomorrow.

Any idea when XMen will get the color DMD treatment? We all know it's coming but how much longer?

#9943 8 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am still confounded that this game is not worth as much as TRON LE,it may get a laugh but I am serious.

I had both. Tron LE is gone. XMen LE will never be gone.

#9948 8 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I love how Storm's backboard lights up with lightning strikes. Its so vivid and you captured it well ABARAKURO. Thats a $284.99 mod from http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/MM_Page.html. I wonder if Stern will ever do it again

That link led me to MM parts? I might be missing the connection.

Man, I need to order the Newton ball mod. Every time I see this thread I think of it.

1 month later
#10063 8 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

COLORDMD X-MEN PREVIEW!
Displays are shipping now. Color ROM release is targeted for Friday, September 4.

My color DMD arrived. I will be installing it tonight.

10 months later
#10505 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

2) During Magneto multiball. Once Iceman jackpot is collected, it returns to home position until all jackpots are lit again.

This one is why i disabled the ramp. Why have it move back after one shot? Makes no sense and is just a distraction that can dump balls down the center for no reason.

1 week later
#10527 7 years ago

Just watched the Bowen tutorial. I never knew you had to aim one side or they other on Wolverine mode. Interesting.

#10533 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I still wish they would allow us to turn off completed modes. For example, when you need to start Storm you need to get the ball up to the right flipper. As you are doing that you could re-start Beast or Cyclops.

That's a great idea. I think the code is done though, not being revisited further.

4 weeks later
#10619 7 years ago

Alright, so I'm finally going to do the Newton ball. What wolverine figure do y'all recommend?

Any links to some that work well that may be for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

269 posts in this topic match your search for posts by tigerlaw. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.