(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryandimx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10387 7 years ago

Anyone need an Iceman bust? Ended up with 2 and only need 1. Comes with box in very good condition. Only been out of the box 1 time and never installed on the game. I'd do $50 shipped in the 48 states.

#10392 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Anyone need an Iceman bust? Ended up with 2 and only need 1. Comes with box in very good condition. Only been out of the box 1 time and never installed on the game. I'd do $50 shipped in the 48 states.

This guy is now sold

2 weeks later
#10399 7 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Looking to join the club. Cash flow dictates I'll probably join at the pro level. Lmk, I'm located n/e pa. Thanks

There's a Magneto posted on cl in jersey for a good price

#10405 7 years ago

What does everyone with an LE do to get rid of the intense glare on the pf glass from the back box?

1 month later
#10446 7 years ago

#10447 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On my game, the main music has been replaced with the opening theme from the animated 90's show ...
» YouTube video

I've seen a transformers that did similar. Any idea how it's done or what is needed?

Quoted from matt_assassin:Trying to find that song forever on mp3 download. Could you share this track to me ? I'm almost finish with mine. I've used like 3 new songs for X-men's but I need that one so bad...they are hard to find

How are you adding music to the game? I'd love to do all 3 theme songs and a few others

3 months later
#10682 7 years ago

Anyone know if there is a rule set posted online anywhere?

4 months later
#10769 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ok cool. Does if effect gameplay at all?
Affect or effect? I never know...

Affect - to influence
Effect - a result

3 weeks later
#10786 7 years ago

Anyone know if replacement stickers for the disc are available anywhere?

1 month later
#10841 6 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

The plastic above rogue makes such a difference! I just used a random clear cutoff I had sitting around. It's so far back there you can't even see it, so it doesn't need to look pretty, but what a difference!

Can you post a picture of this?

#10844 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Has anyone replaced the decal/pad on the magneto spinning disc?

Been looking for a replacement or 2 myself. Can't find one.

2 weeks later
#10854 6 years ago

Guys who have done the Wolverine mod, what are you doing with the bulb that was inside the plastic one?

4 weeks later
#10893 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced the magneto spinning disc decal? I've got some decals coming soon and was wondering how much of a bitch it was to change...

Where did you find replacement decals?

4 months later
#11003 6 years ago

Anyone find a source to replace the magnet disc decal?

#11006 6 years ago

As in a new decal from stern? Yes you can get them. I've bought some and gave you the part number a few months ago. The new decal is 820-7001-00

Completely forgot about that. Working on too many games at the same time.
Found them with your part number for $20 (+shipping) each. Seems a little steep but I'll probably get one or 2 and hang onto them.

#11011 6 years ago

Pin in front of Magneto popped out. No thread or anything to screw it in. How do I get it to stay?

IMG_20171128_010149.jpgIMG_20171128_010149.jpg

1 week later
#11026 6 years ago

So when doing the newton mod and putting the posts in there slide right back out. The posts aren't long enough to put the nuts back on.
This can't be correct or safe to ever lift the playfield.
What gives?

IMG_20171206_030642.jpgIMG_20171206_030642.jpg

#11027 6 years ago

Also should it be sitting this tight? There's no room for the smaller ball to move at all.

Screenshot_20171206-031938.pngScreenshot_20171206-031938.png

#11030 6 years ago

Also should it be sitting this tight? There's no room for the smaller ball to move at all.

I did. Figured I'd try here too.

Quoted from Lermods:

The bolts don’t need to go all the way through, they are threaded into the 3d printed plastic. I’m not sure why you don’t have space between the two balls, are the balls the correct size?

Used what came with the kit. If they are threaded it's not working cause they slide right out.

#11033 6 years ago

I did. Figured I'd try here too.

Quoted from Lermods:

The bolts don’t need to go all the way through, they are threaded into the 3d printed plastic. I’m not sure why you don’t have space between the two balls, are the balls the correct size?

Used what came with the kit. If they are threaded it's not working cause they slide right out.

Quoted from Lermods:

So you are saying the holes are too big for the bolts to grab? Mine were super tight. Maybe wrap the threads with plumbers teflon tape to take up the slack. Not ideal , but I bet it would work.
Not sure why the balls are so tight. Mine has about a half inch of space between the two balls. Can you show a pic with the balls out ? I literally installed the same mod a week ago and had no issues.

With nothing securing them in I'd be concerned about mounting anything on top.
Here some pics. The plastic was hard as f to wedge in and get flush.

IMG_20171206_150532.jpgIMG_20171206_150532.jpg

IMG_20171206_150252.jpgIMG_20171206_150252.jpg

#11035 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm not seeing anything obvious. Mine was very tight to put it as well and you will need to adjust switch by bending the one in the back out slightly so that there is a gap between it and the one the ball strikes.
The only thing I can think of is the ball is too big, mine looked smaller than yours.
I'm not sure why your posts don't fit properly. Mezel has great support so they will help you better than I could. Be patient, you will be extremely happy with it once you get it right.

While I'm waiting to hear back from them I'm going to start the nightcrawler lights

#11038 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Here's a pic of mine, I think your small ball is a size to big. Also I remember reading either in this thread or a separate one that the threads were the wrong gauge on the posts on another guys kit.

This looks pretty similar to mine. There should be some room, right?

#11039 6 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

I replied via email earlier this morning regarding the posts- now that I'm seeing the photos it doesn't look like that is the issue.
The posts do not attach from the underside of the playfield. The bracket is made to fit in the space rather tight as are the holes in the bracket. If the bracket is 'falling off' it sounds like it has been damaged somehow or it was over cleaned prior to shipment and the holes made too big.
In terms of the ball being too tight, we just tested our stock. All have ample space. Can't figure out how you have a larger ball- perhaps the supplier sent one the wrong size? Never seen this before.
If you could reply to my email regarding the issue with the bracket because if it is falling off, it will also need to be replaced. Once we confirm that part of the issue we will ship out replacement parts.
Sorry, I can't do my troubleshooting more on Pinside- too many possible threads to monitor and not enough time.

Kristin did email me today. Very fast back and fourth between us. Some different parts heading my way. As usual wonderful fast service from these guys. Got to hangout and talk for a bit with them at the last Allentown show, good people for sure and I'll continue to buy and support what they do.

#11040 6 years ago

Okay nightcrawlers are in and set up.... How are you guys bending the wires for the switches to activate? Right now they are on all the time.

IMG_20171206_221912.jpgIMG_20171206_221912.jpg

#11042 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I do know that the LE is slightly tighter than the Pro. I would have to chalk this up to the slot being cut on a different angle and just slightly slimmer. The four posts mostly hold it in place, not stop it from falling. The newton ball will keep the who thing where it needs to be. You can even add a washer under the newton ball (above the playfield) to elevate it slightly and add extra hold.
The idea when this mod was designed was to not change the playfield, but offer a reversible modification that (IMO) greatly improves the game. But then again, I am biased.

My issue with it is the posts not being secure and just sitting there that it falls out when I lift the playfield. I have new parts coming....now to figure out how to get this plastic back out

3 weeks later
#11051 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone changed the music on X-men? I find the main music very dreary, any recommendations for music that works well with the machine?

5 cartoon themes to pick from

1 month later
#11093 6 years ago

For the people who replaced Wolverine with the Newton mod and a mini bust, do you have any issues with the Quake putty and lifting the playfield? Or has everything stuck okay?

#11095 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I used servo or good sticky tape for the mini bust but I am not sure what you mean by lifting of playfield?

Lifting the Playfield. If you need to open up the game to work on anything

#11107 6 years ago
Quoted from KenM:

I used the museum putty stuff and the bust would fall over after a couple weeks. I used a small l bracket behind him and hot glued it. No issues since.

Do you have a picture? I have him in my hands right now about to go on.

#11110 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Going to assume it's about the same as mine.
The bust is porcelain so I just drilled a small hole in his back and put a small screw in it. Solid as a rock with the Velcro on the bottom as well.

Thanks. Got the smallest bracket they had. Screw popped out once it was in so I ended up using some epoxy on the screw. Bracket + quake putty so hopefully he's not going anywhere.
2 mods to go and then I'm finally done.

5 months later
#11257 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Looking to LED my X-men. Wanted to go with frosted cool white for GI. If anyone has done this how did it turn out? Also for the inserts if I use a frosted white, what is recommended (cool, sunlight, or warm)? Gonna use all comet bulbs - Thanks!

Isint the gi 3 different colors for the modes? Or is that just the le?

4 weeks later
#11298 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Also possibly different colored post sleeves for the newton ball mod - comes with black ones..... Mirror or art blades?

Why not mirrored art blades?

IMG_20180519_005943.jpgIMG_20180519_005943.jpg
6 months later
#11515 5 years ago

Depending on what you pulled the new ones from.

I spent countless hours ripping sound files from the 90s cartoon only to find out I had the sound too low. Gave up after that and just changed a few songs around.

3 years later
#12401 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Anyone done coloured rubbers on their machine? I have a magneto with black (and a few white) that’s due for rubbers soon. Looking back through the thread images I see most have kept black. Anyone outfit a magneto in blue red or clear?

I did purple and red

#12404 1 year ago

Factory vs voodoo glass
Better but still a lot of glare

PXL_20221010_003801871.jpgPXL_20221010_003801871.jpgPXL_20221010_004703898.jpgPXL_20221010_004703898.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryandimx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=ryandimx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.