(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8191 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I think what bothers me about this game is that there are a lot of people that won't give it a chance based purely on the negative comments they hear.
It's a great game, but has seemingly been put under a gigantic microscope by people hunting for flaws. I can't think of many other games under such intense scrutiny.
Pete

For me, as a late purchaser, I'm glad it was dogged. Xmen le is and remains a fantastically underpriced game. It has way more depth and strategy requirements than tron, but tron le is twice the cost. There is no way I would pay what tron le is fetching because it just isn't worth it to me. Tron and xmen are unique in the stern dichotomy as they predate the le/prem/pro sales structure. (avatar and rolling stones do also, but I haven't played either so I have excluded them from my discussion). Tron le, in my opinion, isn't all that much different feature/ play wise from tron pro. Xmen le, however, has several features which dramatically affect play, and said features were never repeated on an unlimited premium version. whereas tron le is now $8-10k more than a tron pro, xmen le is only about $1.5k-$2k more than xmen pro. In short, I say let the fickle pinsiders dog away on xmen all they want. I have certainly benefitted from the dogging and absolutely love xmen. If it had received the adulation poured upon tron, i wouldn't have an xmen in my gameroom right now. It is a great game with intricate rules and has dots rivalling or beating the best games of all time. I have yet to play any pin with dots that even come close to the quality, variety and intricacy of those on xmen.

My two cents...If stern had never put the word "deadpool" in the menu, The pissing and moaning would have ceased at rev 1.3.

#8197 10 years ago

Looks like stern moved xmen pro to their "out of production" page. Same for transformers also.

1 week later
#8208 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

When you put it that way I guess it makes sense. Xmen is excellent the way it is, i only played Met twice and didn't really get into the rules, so if it is in that bad of shape I get what you mean.

I played metallica and, to me, it is a hollow shell of a game. It is unfathomable to me how it has such a high rating, but it once again reiterates my non-reliance on the ratings system as a whole. On metallica, there are no band member modes, even though the playfield implies there should be, and it has a "mystery" hole that awards the same thing over and over. Some "mystery!". I have no interest in playing it again in its current state.

2 weeks later
#8234 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Better late than never I guess

Although there has been some commentary to the contrary, it appears we may be approaching the "never" end of the spectrum.

2 weeks later
#8250 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Even if the update never comes, the game still rocks.

Agreed! I have only owned this game with 1.3. As it stands, I can't understand all the derision. It has a complex and deep rule set.

#8252 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Disagree we need one more update Good game could be great game

I'm all for that too!

3 weeks later
#8320 10 years ago

could it be a valentine's day gift from stern??

#8345 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I just got to danger room for the first time last night...would take me forever to get to dead pool. I have hero stacking off, but turned it on last week, hence finally getting to dead pool. Very cool mode!

Hmmmm.... Has a beta tester just been exposed?

#8350 10 years ago

Sure hope this isn't another senseless tease by stern.

#8394 10 years ago

I get a kick out of the people that bitch about the magnets interrupting the flow on xmen, and then you check their ratings and they have TAF rated really high. Hello...McFly..."The Power."

#8398 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Forget all that man the magnets are one of the best features of the game creating randomness keeping the game fresh.

I agree 100%! The 1.5 update definitely upped the magnet power.

1 month later
#8552 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Like I said, my distributor is no longer a distributor.
Falling out with Stern, I believe. They aren't on speaking terms. (I believe it was over the Metallica fiasco).
Hooray.

Nicholsons?

8 months later
#9244 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Persevere and XMEN will make you a better player.
Or, just be like some others and sell it and claim it sucks (because they suck!!) and then they go buy ST with its 4" wide ramps so they can shoot them all day and feel like a winner!

AGREED! But they don't stop there. They have to go into every xmen WTB thread and crap all over there too! There are a few very vocal neysayers about xmen and I believe your statement captures the true state of affairs RD. Bravo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rs812.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=rs812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.