(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8858 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

yes +1
X-MEN is an incredibly good games

tu vas continuer à me faire hésiter alors...

well, still thinking (if my TRON has to leave) of the best replacement for it...
my limited wish remain on TSPP and X-MEN, as "magneto" is better simply for a visual aspect
LE also seems something really needed, as i'm in love with the magnet/spindisc, but not at all for the moving ramp !
than came the "why not a pro !? (cause i'm a player, not a collector)

#8863 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you dislike the moving ramp only, you can disable it in the menu.
IMO the pro is very lacking in the GI lighting effects and the NC toys and spinning magnet.

i know... well, not "dislike", but more "didnt feel/mater this extra toy"
also thinking about the extra money for a LE...
but tanx for the advice, let's see how it goes

1 month later
#9072 9 years ago

and i'm in the club...

14280902.JPG14280902.JPG

#9132 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks for the inputs...I may actually figure this out eventually.
Robert

how did you setup the pin ? may be "close" the outlanes, play in 5 ball, lower the slope... !?

got the pin since few days, less than 20 games on it, i set it on factory setting, outlanes opened at max, neutral slope, but well in 5 balls to learn the game while playing (more fun than reading rules here or there)

than, the lower hiscore is 178M, higher is 256M... i'm not a pin wizard, just a "good" player (under 300th place at ifpa)

good luck (and have fun, its the most important)

#9137 9 years ago

2 smalls probs found of mine (didnt read the previous 180 pages) :

- the warning TILT sound, its confusing when you're in sentinels mode
- already got 2 balls stucked : shooting ROGUE with the upper flipper, ball makes a the 1/2 turn, than hit/jump to finish under the right ramp, over the cyclops plastics

btw, also got balls jumping over the left ramp, when perfectly shooting BEAST full speed, and than combo shoot with upper flipper...

#9139 9 years ago

... and i still miss my TRON LE
but i have to wait and see if Magneto can give me the same pleasure, new love need time

#9146 9 years ago

well, only 41 games played on our pin (these shared with my son), 354M scored yesterday, danger room completed/finished, and only brotherhood no fully done to get all the vilains...

to be honest, i'm still playing by "instinct" while learning rules

very nice pin for sure, but in my heart still not over the TRON LE, i'm missing the daft punk sound & efx ambiance, with the call outs, which were 110% right in the theme

#9154 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You can replace sounds and music with the pinball browser. A good trick on brotherhood is to make sure the first shot on each villain in the mode is an easy one as that shot will do double damage. Also, the brotherhood targets do good damage in this mode.

yep, tanx for the trick

and about the pinball browser (know it of course), if i remember well, i think that you guys already talked about changing the calls out of the game... is it done ? "home rom" available somewhere ?

#9158 9 years ago

magneto mic.JPGmagneto mic.JPG

2 weeks later
#9172 9 years ago

dont take me for a fool, but still think/feel this game is not too hard (well not as hard as i was reading here & there before buying it)
we have now +/- 100 games played on our Magneto, already 7 times to danger room (just 1 fully completed), and 1 time to dark phoenix...

than it's 8% of our games going to a wizard mode

PS fun tip : also got all the 4 balls in the scoop during a Magneto MB (due only to hazard i admit)

#9175 9 years ago

all rules options are on factory settings

#9184 9 years ago

cant reply to your question, because pinball remain pinball, they are all easy and hard in the same time, sometimes you're in a good mood and all goes well, sometimes not... i'm sure you know what i mean

but OK, lets than say i'm more confident to play some pins, and in the other way there're some i dont like to see (in tournament), as these classicals TAF, STTNG, CFTBL, TSPP, RS...

1 week later
#9222 9 years ago

and while you're there, at the back panel, i changed the 6 flashes with led ones (13 smd model), all cold white, except 2 and 5 in blue, great effect for sure in gameplay... but surelly there're lots of others possibilities

#9224 9 years ago

not sure evbd is really aiming for "combos"
i did have well the cyborg+left ramp shot, remind me quorra+right ramp
what are your best ?

did 103 yesterday (still in 5 balls)

#9235 9 years ago

lol, was surelly in a "JC VANDAMME" mood when posted...

@Luke : yep, the 5 balls settings was already precised too since the begining, now you feel i'm less "good" than

1 month later
#9248 9 years ago

i thought this plastic was not really needed there... but yes, now i know it is

magneto bb.JPGmagneto bb.JPG

#9257 9 years ago

not false... but in the other way, going to wizard mode is a reward, not something you get every 3 games

4 weeks later
#9395 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'd love to see a video of some of these guys finishing the game. Hard to believe people are getting this far on a frequent basis

already said, in our first 100 games, we've got 9 DR & 1 DP... thats 1 final every 10 games

pin set in factory settings, except 5 balls game, as may be its the good way to play further a home game, home is not tournament

#9399 9 years ago

about stacking (and all others settings), as said, reset to factory settings when pin arrived home, only change balls set to 5 instead 3

as far as i remember, i got to DR 2 or 3 times at the 3rd ball, not more...

and yes, just a personnal choice of course
we were also playing with 3 balls since long time, than when we buy MET, to see a bit more of the game, we decided to set it to 5 balls, since we do it for each new pin
(PS : and we even didnt see the wizard mode of MET in 5 balls, despite scores of +500M & +600M for my son)

#9402 9 years ago

and than, on the LE, the wolve is more on the left, that means less space to go to Beast left loop...

#9449 9 years ago

nice one, its "hot" for sure !

4 weeks later
#9539 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmmmm where to start .....
It's a challenging game. I like challenging games.
Lots of shots. Tight shots. Makes you play better.
If you go back to the beginning of the thread, you'll see I liked it from the start. A lot of others bought the game, found it too hard, then their egos told them if they couldn't play it properly, the game must be crap. In truth it was them that was crap. . At one stage, probably a year after release, I was one of the only guys pushing how good the game was.
There's been a lot of crapping on the code, and in truth Stern was very very slllllowwwww with the code updates. But nothing has changed in that regard, check out STLE code ... But Xmen still had the killer layout.
Awesome art too. I have a Magneto and everyone who sees it just goes wow. I'm so happy they used the cartoon characters rather than the Movie guys. Movie guys date fasssssst. The art on Xmen is timeless. I was in a comic book shop with my daughter a while back, I showed the owner pics of my machine and he almost pissed his pants he thought it was so cool.
I think in say 5 years, XMLE will be seen as one of Borgs best games. If not the best. So much going on, so many modes (two different sets of modes for starters) Whereas a game like Ironman is basically using a hotrodded System 11 ruleset. And hey, nothings wrong with that! I love my Sys11s!
So, after all that blathering, I guess I could sum it up thus ...
If you like to aim the ball correctly and nail the shots as required (or learn to do so...) Xmens one for you.
If you like to flail the ball around willy-nilly and hope for the best, I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

rd.

i agree all you've said, except : XMLE will be seen as one of Borgs best games. If not the best

TRON is the best (for me), a quite similar reverse design, but TRON didnt get any flow "bug", as for example in XMLE : ball blocked on ramps behind NC, airballs on left ramp & rogue... some minor details of course, but than these makes you realize than TRON was just a masterpiece

#9558 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You can fix the airballs on Rogue by using a plastic ramp guard from WH2O in the Rogue lane (there is an old thread about it on here with pics). The Storm ramp does result in airballs at times and I have still not figured out the exact spot where it jumps off or I would have a fix for it too.

i know... here's how i've done, working 100%

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uhUTcBnyx8U/VH3YdjNhzCI/AAAAAAAABTk/826EJtnXRmo/w958-h719-no/IMGP1364.JPG

1 week later
#9580 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

The LE Sucks (IMO)...spinning disc...

spinning/magnet disc is a MUST, surelly the most important diff between pro vs LE

7 years later
#12368 2 years ago

back here 7 years "after"...

didnt keep it for long the 1st time, simply because my son had no love with it, and for sure, i was really sad when i sold it (to our site master, @robin), feeling the story was not complete

than, when later Robin decide to sell it too, i was more than close to bring it back home, but it was never the right time :/

now here we are again, having a free place home, fouding a very nice one, and most important my son being OK, it was all green flag

welcome back sexy thing !!! number 69 is in the place

PS : the FatPanda mod sound is already in it, tanx to you for the nice work

IMG_20220419_092620_457 (resized).jpgIMG_20220419_092620_457 (resized).jpg

#12369 2 years ago

and than, this one was annouced by the seller with very low plays, 36 to be precise, but with SAM system this cant be verified of course...
than you only have your eyes to see/check

this is the shooterlane (even with clear out already, remind me my MET) & the scoop, very nice for sure, MANTIS is already ordered (will be stupid to damaged it)

IMG_20220418_131107_544 (resized).jpgIMG_20220418_131107_544 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220419_095438_971 (resized).jpgIMG_20220419_095438_971 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220419_095504_146 (resized).jpgIMG_20220419_095504_146 (resized).jpg

other point, this pin was delivered with a PP installed, but this was not set-up as it should : yesterday back home & playing deeper, i quickly noticed 2 disfunctions :

1 was about the switch under Magneto, ON/OFF every time, droping ball when it should not... the other problem was the diverter-gate on the upper lane, not opening because of that PP forcing... and than, i chose the easy way (as a player, let's admit i dont like PP lol), bye bye PP !!!

pp1 (resized).jpgpp1 (resized).jpg

pp3 (resized).jpgpp3 (resized).jpg

and miracle ! as soon as this was (quickly) removed, the game was playing 100%, simple as that

pin is set back to full factory settings, than 3 ball, the outlanes posts, and even with slope at max (cant go higher at the back)
just missed DANGER ROOM for Wolverine only (didnt completed it in 3 attemps)
of course, i know the pin from time, and i still think its a very good (player) game... which will kick my ass much more than i'll beat him

#12370 2 years ago

after Fatpanda, also tanx to mcuzz for his sound mod, we wanna also try it, and its a good alternative too
well done !

1 week later
#12376 1 year ago

tanx to PINSIDE & you guys, resolved today the inserts interference blinking while founding the 2 cables who where making this glitch

and found a (new ?) bug : the SPECIAL insert in the oulanes is ON in the left side, and BLINKING on the right side
than Lonnie, if you still reading here (lol inside)

1 month later
#12380 1 year ago

just done home, my best game in term of "construction" since Magneto is back (and this time full factory settings)...
far from the best, but not bad as no wizard mode played, all X-Men started, only Beast not completed, same with the Villains, all started and only Brotherhood not completed :/ ... thats frustrating but in the same time it was great fun & exciting ! and in fact thats why we all love pinball

mic (resized).jpgmic (resized).jpg

2 months later
#12388 1 year ago
Quoted from Epistaxis:

What I'm I missing?

nothing, the game is hard for sure, and not really friendly
thats may be the main reason why this game is not loved by the community...

but than, out of X games, you have a good one and than its very satisfying

1 month later
#12400 1 year ago

well, the red & the bad guys seems to be more appealing, and than yes, the Magneto is superb !

2 weeks later
#12411 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi everyone,
I'm a big X-Men fan and considering adding the game to my collection based on my love of the theme. I haven't played the game but have seen there are some pretty tough critics in the online reviews. As owners of the game, what are your thoughts about X-Men as far as gameplay enjoyment? Are there some must install mods and such that you all have found to add significantly to the game? What are some thoughts on pro vs LE models?
Thank you!

let's admit, its a love-hate it game for sure, than may be you should give a try before buying it

to me i love it, but my son didnt, than our 1st Magneto didnt last long here...
i recently have the opportunity to get another nice Magneto, ask my son if he wanna give it another chance/try, he said yes, than same situation as before, he just cant get in it (why why why ?), while i was still loving it... finally sell it because again i was the only one to play it

most of the guys who dont like it its simply because XM is a hard game, due to the the magnets (mainly the Wolve one), and also some thin shoots, as the left upper lane, that's also why you can change the Wolverine there if needeed

PRO vs LE : to me, the toy you cant miss on this pin is the magnet-spindisc, that's the real gem here, means you have to go for Magneto or Wolverine version

#12417 1 year ago

if this can help, i still have my old folder with X Men goodies (tanx to evbd), including the last 1.51 LE home code
its mainly the Fatpanda one, with some samples from Mcuzz, and than few others ones we wanna put in with my son

of course, tributes are for FatPanda & mcuzz

PM me i you wanna give it a try

10 months later
#12479 7 months ago

i thought we already get rules, dont we !?

but no matter, tanx, if this can help people to understand better & get some love for this game...

1 month later
#12488 5 months ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi fellow x-men fans!
After transporting my game home, the ball lock fork won't stay in the upward position. It was working prior to the transport.
Here is what I'm seeing. Shoot the ball into any of the lock shots and the fork comes up real quick then straight back down. Then the fork goes up and down again about a second later.
I'm guessing there is an issue with the "center Lockup Latch" #7. When I run the coil test, the little hinge attached to coil #7 snaps up and down real quick each time I hit the start button. I'm not sure if in the test mode it is supposed to come up.
Does anyone have a fix for this or trouble shooting ideas? My guess is that the Q7 transistor may be bad.
Thoughts?
Thank you everyone!

i had similar prob, it was the switch there under Magneto being very limit (moving on/off) about the contact with a ball on it, in my case the playfield protector (from previous owner) was the problem, once remove all was 100% OK

than may be just adjust that switch better

1 week later
#12492 5 months ago

i'm very curious, where do you see similitudes from MB to XMEN !?

#12498 5 months ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

Take it all with a grain of salt. I don't have a super close xmen to try, and just was looking at two fan layouts.
Both have a scoop to the left. Both with standard outer orbits feeding to eachother. Both with ramps that are one shot inside the orbits returning the ball to the same side flipper. Both with a middle left bash toy. One has a spinner dead center, and the other slightly to the right.
This is all just looking at the pics. I just wanted to pick y'alls brains over what looks on paper vs actual experience. [quoted image][quoted image]

(only fun & friendly talks of course )

i'm sorry, but dont have it

as we know, X-MEN is an inverted TRON, which before have some links to TOMMY, FUNHOUSE... while RUSH being the last one of this kind

if you're looking for some similitude to MONSTER BASH, than you have to for Gomez design, as LORD, SOPRANOS, and more recent TRANSFORMERS, while half down is the same, the half top in inverted
gg (resized).JPGgg (resized).JPG

1 month later
#12527 3 months ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

So I finally drove a couple hours to play this game at a location (LE version.
I really enjoyed it, bit I'm admittedly very surprised. When I think of John Borg, I think of the brutal games like TMNT and the Walking Dead.
X-Men seemed.... Easy? Was it maybe the way this one was set up? I was hitting everything easily and I got a Replay 3 out of 4 games.
What are your experiences? Perhaps this one was set up at too shallow of an angle?

how much was the replay score ?

#12529 3 months ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

I think it was 15 million?
The ball times were way longer on xmen than compared to my TMNT and Walking Dead.

well, indeed, its quite low & easy...
it was "fixed", even not going X2 when collected (15 > 30 > 60 > ... ) ? which of course would have had some sense for the location

#12532 3 months ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

I do think I'm going to get the game. Just got to sell my BK2000 and Sorcerer first.
I want to get the Magneto version if possible to put it next to my Thanos AIQ premium and Capcom Marvel arcade cabinet!

the Magneto is simply superb ! the only pin i got twice

and psssssst, dont sell the Sorcerer, keep it

1 month later
#12537 41 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I know, I know, I'm posting this question in the official club thread, but hey, here goes nothing:
I LOVE my Walking Dead Premium, play it daily. Someone very close to me has offered me a X-Men Magneto in mint condition, he wants to trade.
(I only have a Walking Dead Premium because it's what was offered to me at the time, deal was too good to pass up.)
I know Walking Dead likely has better code but they are far more plentiful than X-Men, especially a Magneto. My line of thinking is when I want another Walking Dead it shouldn't be too hard to nab one, especially a pro.
What say you guys?

for sure TWD is a better playing game (tanx to Lyman)
but than the Magneto has really something special, a true beauty, and finally a quite fun/good game, even if its similar as all Lonnie coded from time...

i would go for the Magneto

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.