(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulcoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1609 11 years ago

While we wait...
I decided to come up with the top 25 (and then some) comic artists that I hope will be used for any portion of the X-men comic book theme pinball.
Here we go....
1.Arthur Adams (he represented marvel for the Marvel Superheroes translight and side art for Capcom CPS2 and other Marvel/Capcom games) Amazing stuff!!!!!
2.Jim Lee/ Whilce Portacio / Scott Williams (Great feeling from these three from Uncanny X-men 267-275 and other projects)
3.Michael Turner (RIP, I miss you man)
4.Adam Hughes, Alex Ross, Travis Charest, and maybe Frank Cho (all posses amazing detail and emotion)
5.Marc Silvestri (hack and slash style)
6.Rick Leonardi (curvy and define)
7.David Cockrun (early stuff)
8.John Bryne (early stuff)
9.Michael Golden (early stuff)
10.BILL SIENKIEWICZ (Stray Toaster.. need I say more)
11.J. Scott Campbell (Draws HOT chicks)
12.Kenneth Rockfort (Upcoming talent)
13.David Finch (Smashing Style)
14.Chris Bachalo (Imaginery)
15.Humberto Ramos (loose and flowing)
16.John Romita Jr. (early uncanny X-men 200's)
17.Mike Mignola (Jacky Kirby meets Bauhaus)
18.Alan Davis, Brian Bolland, Simon Bisley (British Invasion)
19.Walter Simonson (Great run on X-factor)
20.Todd Mcfarlane (Detail,Detail,Detail)
21.Barry Windsor Smith (Dreamy)
22.Rob Liefeld (Late 80's early 90's)
23.Jay Lee (Pencils are amazing)
24.Tim Bradstreet (INtense)
25.Leinil Yu
(H.M.) Frank Quitely, Joshua Middleton, Kent Williams and Tim Sale

I might be missing a few others, but I believe these artist represent a good amount of artistic merit that made the x-men what they are today including writer Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, and editor Ann Nocenti. Hope to have atleast one of these artists be represented on the Stern X-Men Pinball machine.

#1615 11 years ago

I think I might have forgotten Neal Adams. I also believe I mentioned Rob Liefeld late 80's early 90's (like his work with x-factor or new mutants). That picture of Cpt. America was drawn shortly after his run on Image comics and I believe that was in mid to late 90's. Rob did create Cable and Deadpool (anti-spiderman character durring Mcfarlane's work with ASM).

#1942 11 years ago

The one thing that I've been waiting to read on this forum, is regarding Jim Lee's art. I'm stoked Marvel and Stern decided to go with Lee's art depicting Wolverine on the outside of the LE, but it is a known fact within the comic book world that Jim Lee is now the Co-Publisher of DC Comics which started the "New 52" and is Marvel's largest competition.
It's cool no matter what and I'm stoked that it is what it is. It could have been more of a belicose image of Wolverine in his finest hours of battle between Sabertooth, the Reavers, Omega Red, the Hand, or earlier Weapon X days. Regardless, I like what Stern did.
Besides Jim Lee it would have been nice to see an Arthur Adams image or two. I believe on the pro cabinet there is a David Finch depiction of Cyclops?
Does anyone else notice specific character portrayals by certain artists in the comic industry on the X-men pinball machine?

TO:"YOUNG BLOOD PROGRAMERS AT STERN" that have been reading this topic.
Please put in a *PUNISHER Secret Sniper Wizard Mode* where you have to take shots at particular targets or make combos (taking out all characters and the final one being wolverine) within the playfield, just like a sniper. I know it's a little far out there, but it would be similar to the comic "The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe" and I believe this type of secret wizard mode would really make this pinball machine a winner for both comic readers and pinball players. (not that it already will be)

punisher%20kills%20marvel.jpgpunisher%20kills%20marvel.jpg

#1950 11 years ago

I'm really hoping Jody from Stern Pinball will be able to put together a panel of the creators from the X-men pinball for San Diego Comic Con, C2E2, or New York Comic Con and talk about the process of what went on in making this machine for the comic book community. That would definitely boast sales.

*Last note regarding the Punisher Secret Wizard Mode (if it could happen). It could be achieved by a super high score or randomly like "Bone Fish" (in FT) or cross eyed Dracula/fluffy the vampire (in BSD). The player would hear a gun shot in the audio of X-men and then press both flippers or start button to achieve some-sort-of black out in the game and then wizard mode would start. Just wishful thinking on a Monday. *
Other then that, looking forward to what type of features will be implemented from X-men lore. wolverine_and_punisher.jpgwolverine_and_punisher.jpg

#1952 11 years ago

Yeah, I'm not too cool with video modes, but the BSD video mode is sweet because it is a quick one and amazing sound. All other video modes I'm not pleased with.

#2037 11 years ago

As I mentioned on Monday:
This would be cool if you installed a Shaker Motor.

TO:"YOUNG BLOOD PROGRAMERS AT STERN" that have been reading this topic.
Please put in a *PUNISHER Secret Sniper Wizard Mode* where you have to take shots at particular targets or make combos (taking out all characters and the final one being wolverine) within the playfield, just like a sniper. I know it's a little far out there, but it would be similar to the comic "The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe" and I believe this type of secret wizard mode would really make this pinball machine a winner for both comic readers and pinball players. (not that it already will be)*Last note regarding the Punisher Secret Wizard Mode (if it could happen). It could be achieved by a super high score or randomly like "Bone Fish" (in FT) or cross eyed Dracula/fluffy the vampire (in BSD). The player would hear a gun shot in the audio of X-men and then press both flippers or start button to achieve some-sort-of black out in the game and then wizard mode would start.

punisherwolvgn.jpgpunisherwolvgn.jpg

#2038 11 years ago

Ms. Marvel vs. Rogue would be a cool mode where you'd have hit to ramps or loops to keep the two fighting against one another. It's always a good cat fight between the two of them.

97792366288269.gif97792366288269.gif imagesCAVSQ4UF.jpgimagesCAVSQ4UF.jpg

#2041 11 years ago

Punisher pin would be cool, but if you ever read the comics you'd know the Punisher shows up in most every large Marvel event. Do you have anything else to contribute or thoughts about the game besides what LE your getting or color rails?

1 month later
#4722 11 years ago

When I was at SDCC 2012 I talked to one of the Stern programers about unfinished code and this is what he said in more ways then one (and I'm not actually quoting him, but it gets the point across). He mentions the reason why the code was unfinished is because there are two stages of the Pinball machine. 1. The code that the programers put together to hash out and play. After this code is out, then later comes code 2. This code 2 is the response regarding how the players outside of Stern play the machine and comment on what needs to be yanked or implemented. I think a good example would be the "dum dum dum TRON". I havent heard that at all with the new code in TRON. Basically there are two types of players that make the code (and maybe three if you include the bean counters) : The programers at Stern and the Users who encounter the machine outside of Stern. To keep building codes week after week would cost too much in IT expenses. So I guess right now the programers are taking notes from all who play it and will try to process a code that will make everyone happy.

Side note:
At CAX 2012 there was a question asked to Gary Stern about whether or not he reads the internet bulletin board servers. After Gary made a quick joke about not being able to read his e-mail off his phone he did mention that the employees at Stern did read the bulletin board servers. Gary Stated "PINSIDE" was one of them. So I believe the programers are listening and trying their best.
Side note 2: I did notice durring MMB Mags mentions the Avengers...

***Lastly***
Can Someone PLEASE make a nice looking Blackbird plane mod to put over the scoop, or some cool looking cards with pictures of HOT marvel women characters over the pop bumbers? THANKS in advance.***
User vs Program

adamsuxdps.jpgadamsuxdps.jpg

1 year later
#8126 10 years ago

I'm sure if Jim Lee knew what was going on with unfinished code on X-men, he'd be pissed. Jim would pull off a ton of last minute deadlines the night before and that was some of his best work while with Marvel. My point is Jim would get the job done and I wish Stern could do the same.

Cobiha_Cabo_by_jimlee00.jpgCobiha_Cabo_by_jimlee00.jpg
#8127 10 years ago

Damn! Been reading the follow up from what Steve said in Houston. I was hoping to hear something good soon. What a flush

t4.jpgt4.jpg
#8130 10 years ago

"Days of Future Past" is our only hope towards a new code

trask-industries3.pngtrask-industries3.png
#8144 10 years ago

What did you do for the backglass? It really "pops".

#8146 10 years ago

If I see them at a show I might just have to pick one up.

#8160 10 years ago

Does any one have the complete X-men LE code lineage saved? I erased mine once the latest came out. I want to check whether it was a glitch or not during the Hellfire club Mode where the nightcrawler pop-ups would interact like punches against Sebastian Shaw. Does anyone remember this or not? Stern might have taken this out or it might have been a glitch from the start.

#8164 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Which version are you looking for? I think I have most..outside of the initial code release...

Pete

I think it would be the one 2nd to the first release. PM me if you can.

1 month later
#8230 10 years ago

Oh Man.. New code would make this year go out so good. Such a wait...tumblr_mbawk81XU11rcp7bmo1_1280-878.jpgtumblr_mbawk81XU11rcp7bmo1_1280-878.jpg

1 month later
#8333 10 years ago

NIce!Facebook Page Sternmojo.jpgmojo.jpg

#8353 10 years ago

Wouldn't it be "Strange" marketing tactics if Stern did an X-men LE Deadpool? Kinda like a Luci...1283383-deadpool_team_up_v1__892__2010_8____page_1.jpg1283383-deadpool_team_up_v1__892__2010_8____page_1.jpg

2 weeks later
#8526 10 years ago

Thank you STERN (Borg and Waison) for code update.IMG_00000185.jpgIMG_00000185.jpg

2 months later
#8618 9 years ago

It would also be cool if Stern incorporated the Marauders as a secret villain mode somewhere in the game (who are tasked out by Mr. Sinister). I've checked the white dry-erase board during the Stern X-men video and noticed there were a bunch of characters listed (pretty sure William Stryker is on there).

Side note:It was already stated by Bryan Singer that the next movie will incorporate the 80's era and what better issue to take from then the setting of Uncanny X-men 221-222 to start the movie and then introduce Apocalypse 3/4 within the movie. 221 is also the 1st appearance of Mr. Sinister and takes place in the late 80's in SF.
222.jpg222.jpg

-
-
****Movie Spoiler****
-
-
-Did anyone question what time period Wolverine woke up in at the end of the "Days of Future Past"? Was it present (2014) or Future (2023)? Only because Wolverine has grey streaks in his hair when he wakes up and at the same time everyone from the team hasn't aged?

4 weeks later
#8638 9 years ago

It's nice to see this thread still growing. longshot1.jpglongshot1.jpglongshot2.jpglongshot2.jpg

2 weeks later
#8755 9 years ago

Look no further.
X-men: The Asgardian Wars [Chris Claremont, Paul Smith, Arthur Adams]
nuff said...

61xpztwkhuL__SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg61xpztwkhuL__SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 61xpztwkhuL__SY344_BO1,204,203,200_-516.jpg61xpztwkhuL__SY344_BO1,204,203,200_-516.jpg
5 months later
#9252 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I just want to say that my X-Men LE makes me realize what a F'ing bad pinball player I am.
I just can't come near mastering any part of the rules...or some of the ramp shots.
UGH!
Robert

Yeah, It's a game changer. I start off with shots strait towards HellFire Club and Brotherhood, then I go for combos towards X-men. If your game is set on stack you might miss some DMD dot dialog. It's such a surge stacker adrenaline mess and then Magneto drops4 balls. One uncanny game..., but BSD>XM... it's a very close match and depends on my mood of course.

5 months later
#9703 8 years ago

More Deadpool please! Have him be swapped out between players. He really saves the game for me.

1 month later
#9787 8 years ago

50 bucks here for sure, but keep the Deadpool stealing between players w/an on and off switch in settings.

3 months later
#10043 8 years ago

Did anyone hear of a code update during the GOT Live Twitch w/ the guy that looked like jack sparrow? Does anyone have a link or time of who, when and where it was stated. Last time I checked (5mnths) ago, Waison stated, "Code is done." Thanks for any input.

#10046 8 years ago

Pinsider: Chuckwurt heard differently regarding xmen code, but I'm always hoping for the best.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not a joke at all. Also not crazy enough to watch again to get the exact time. Definitely mentioned it though. I've watched the feed twice. Heard it both times.

#10048 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Waison doesn't feel like working on it

Unfortunately, I believe this is true... besides ColorDMD is done with it (or would they be willing to go over XMEN again if there was an update and have they ever done an revision to color once a code for any particular pinball machine was updated?). I want to check out Magneto Multi ball in color and see if you can spot Cyclops within the balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulcoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=paulcoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.