(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10761 7 years ago

If anyone is looking to leave this club, let me know. I'd love to join. I'm in the Minneapolis area.

#10762 7 years ago

Just joined the club last night. Picked up a 1 owner HUO Mangeto LE #225. I have never played the LE before. Played a few games with the wife and we were both loving it! I've gotta read through this thread now. This may take a while...

Are there any must have mods or things everyone is tweaking on the machine? I know the wolverine is getting modded by some people. What are you guys doing there? Newton ball? Different wolverine figure?

The game came with a shaker and headphone jack setup. I'll be adding a external subwoofer to it. Are there any other must have mods?

xmen (resized).jpgxmen (resized).jpg

#10764 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The only must have is a scoop protector. I have a mantis protector in mine and it works great, or can go with a cliffy protector. These scoops take a beating and you will wear out the wood surround without some kind of protector.

Ok cool. Mine came with the cliffy, not installed though. There is no scoop wear there at this point. I don't have how cliffies can change the gameplay. What about the mantis protector? I've never used on of those, how do they work?

#10766 7 years ago

Ok cool. Does if effect gameplay at all?

Affect or effect? I never know...

#10771 7 years ago

I put a mantis in mine last night and played a bunch. It doesn't really effect gameplay. The only thing I noticed is a that a slow rolling ball out of the pops, to the left of the scoop, doesn't always drop in the scoop like it used to. That's fine by me. If the balls end up getting beat up, I'll replace them. I usually replace pinballs waaaayyyyy more often than needed anyhow. Cheap insurance.

#10772 7 years ago

Can you guys take a look at my iceman ramp and tell me what you think. I think I need to adjust it. When it's parked at home, it seems a bit too far to the left. When it's parked on the ramp, I feel like it should be further to the left. Still plays fine. I just think it need to be scooted to the left a bit. Anyone adjust this before? Easy peasey?

IMG_9222 (resized).JPGIMG_9222 (resized).JPG

IMG_9224 (resized).JPGIMG_9224 (resized).JPG

IMG_9223 (resized).JPGIMG_9223 (resized).JPG

#10773 7 years ago

One other thing. I think my disc motor is making that clacking noise sometimes. Doesn't do it during test mode, but I can hear it in gameplay at times. What was the fix for that? Adding an e-clip? Bending the e-clip? If adding, where does it go, next to the other?

#10776 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I've just given up trying to fix that. The more I read that everybody seems to have it, the more I at least feel comfortable there's not something wrong with my machine. I've stopped noticing it actually. If there was a common easy fix I'd do it, but I don't think it was ever completely resolved.

Gotcha. Yeah it's not a big deal. I order up the E-Clip. I'll try that, but won't waste more than about 10 minutes of my time with it.

1 month later
#10824 6 years ago

Finally got around to adding the newton ball mod to my LE. I used the wolverine paper weight to top it off. The blue disc is actually a modified furniture footie pad. I painted that blue. I sprayed clear over it all too. Looks awesome in the game. I also used a black sharpie to color in the wood. Can't even notice it now. This game is WAAAAYYYYY better with this mod. I was hesitant because I'm not a mod guy. SO GLAD I DID THIS!!!

IMG_9433 (resized).JPGIMG_9433 (resized).JPG

IMG_9435 (resized).JPGIMG_9435 (resized).JPG

IMG_9434 (resized).JPGIMG_9434 (resized).JPG

#10825 6 years ago

Oh yeah I also put a washer under the newton ball and used blue post sleeves. These sleeves are thinner so I actually used 4 instead of the recommended 3. No problems at all.

#10827 6 years ago

Thanks. Yeah the 3D printed top and exposed screws is pretty ugly IMO. Definitely needs to be covered. Super easy fix.

#10830 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I've got a brand new wolverine and the magneto replacement plastic mod for sale. Going to Allentown Pinfest and pm me if interested

What is this mod?

#10832 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Where did you get the paper weight? It looks awesome on top of the painted furniture pad, nice work!

I can't remember exactly where I ordered it, but here is one. Good price too!

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA03Q0C01847

3 months later
#10913 6 years ago

I'm looking to leave the club if anyone is interested in joining!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Selling my HUO X-Men LE Magneto #225. This game is as nice as they come. It looks like it just slid out of the box. It's dialed in and plays like a dream. Mods include: -Shaker...”
2017-08-09
Sioux Falls, SD
5,600 (Firm)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 569 times

2 years later
#11621 4 years ago

Can someone tell me if the stock DMD in this game is LED or plasma?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.