(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Blackbird is the nickname of the X-jet in X-men.

Yepper! Even though I dont want a toy Jet on the game. . . . I want Sentinel or Magneto moving the ball something EPIC and over the top!

#182 11 years ago

Magneto for sure will be doing something with that disc unless its a "storm" like effect? Who knows Bub! all I know is I want some dang pictures! I really hope all the dots on the DMD are custom and not taken from the films. The custom dots on AC/DC look great, but I am not a fan of the convert video to DMD images. This game needs custom everything and stern better deliver

#192 11 years ago

Please Stern pictures tomorrow!!!! and please no movie tie ins. I want unique dots, SFX and VO for this one with comic ART! if not I aint buying

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Nothing from the films.
This pin is comic based.

MNpinball does this mean no DMD film footage taken from the films? I hope so I want special dot artwork on that DMD! especially since this is the swan song for the DMD era

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For fucks sake...ALL CUSTOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! []

well that said it! custom it is!

#245 11 years ago

yep, I agree if this is done right it can be great! can't wait for some pictures

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The upper center is a ball lock for Magneto. The paper is covering the spinning magnet/disc. LE has disc/magnet, Pro just magnet. Left pops show the reused IJ raising scoop. Game has no drop targets.

I like the IJ4 captive ball scoop, Wonder how the spinning disc with magnet will work? since magneto is in the back I am guessing the disc is for Storm. Wonder what magneto does when the balls are locked? Magneto multiball! be cool if there is a toy that actually picks up the ball?

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I used to not like Borg that much...but holy crap he's been on fire lately! Count me in as a fan.

I think he is a great designer. I own JP and Tron and love both games. I look @ that single blue print image and can see the flow and shots that it may have. Just looks like this is going to be another killer fast, ramp, combo heavy game! count me in!

#348 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Fox's early 90's X-men cartoon music theme

Love this theme song but we will see what they come up with. I am sure the music will be more in-line with the films high action like.

#392 11 years ago

I just keeping thinking how good this game is going to look next to my TRON! side by side ..........ahhhh where are the pictures! Lets go bub!

#407 11 years ago

What kind of interactive toys will be on this? all that has been speculated is Magneto magnet and spinning discs, but what other toys can me matched with characters and there abilities?

#412 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

teleporting pinball, like nightcrawler.

yes, I was thinking the same thing with this. I hope its not like 2-3 characters get cool toys and the other characters are left out with something very simple "hit the stand up Xavier targets" or something each should have a good role in the game. Has anyone played the Zen studios virtual pin x-men? its actually pretty good and has a very well integrated theme

#438 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I also really like the Stern IJ

I do 2! its one of my wife's favorite games and when people come over to player everyone loves that game. Maybe not the best rules, but it is fun to play

#451 11 years ago

I don't think we are going to see any pictures of this game until next week, but I can hope!

#474 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

X-Men whitewood pic.

Looks like the disc/magnet area.

Thank you! more pictures please insert is totally for optic blast

#520 11 years ago

As soon as the "where are you playing pinball this weekend" goes up . . . . that is pretty much it for the day! So looks like next week mutants

#526 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Come to think of it, there aren't many call-outs for Tron either.

Nope I was thinking this last night when I was playing. I hope this has good call outs and well integrated audio to match the balls movement and shots.

#630 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It won't be until next week.

really? do you know this from a good source? oh well another week to wait. Good things come to those that wait this game is going to kick ass!

#640 11 years ago

I think we should get this thread to 1K posts before we see X-men pix! now that is doing something constructive : P

#660 11 years ago

I would hope a high quality montage of characters

I would really hope, the back glass and side art is a total "montage of characters"

I always loved how Capcom posed the X-men!

x-men_group.jpgx-men_group.jpg

#666 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

LEs being more focused on one character each

I hope not, I want to see large group shots. but maybe it will be one main character in the middle of each surrounded by everyone else. I was looking @ my Judge Dredd over the weekend and the playfield art is fantastic if Kevin O' Conner did that 15+ years ago I can only imagine what this game will look like?

#738 11 years ago

Anything with Scarlet witch on this game is a MAJOR BONUS! mostly likely it will be all the more popular characters that have been in the limelight of the newer films.

#782 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

This one Will sell out almost immediately. Dist are going to buy them all. Most of the guys in the know have pre ordered based on info.

I agree, this game is going to sell like hot cakes! From everything I have heard about it, it's going to be a fast combo beast! exactly the way I like um like TRON! Very happy for Borg and his team and wish them all the luck on this game I for one am in! pre-order locked in!

#801 11 years ago

Great Day one of E3! I will be so busy, but will be checking my phone for updates

#914 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

It looks like the 4 balls will release straight down onto the spinning disc magnet and do its thing, ala Twister. Cool.

Totally this I am sure will be a start of one of a multi-ball mode

#916 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pop up "trolls":

Sentinel heads .............. Master MOLD Sentinel initiate 1, 2, 3 "BAM! the sentinels pop up"

#948 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Ramps are plastic

Factory ramp protectors would be nice though

#1084 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

LE's will have a real backglass no translite.

WOW is this for real? that will be KICK ASS! the BSD backglass looks great in person

#1810 11 years ago

Just got back from E3 and all week all I was doing was waiting for X-men picts! I am very happy with what I have seen. Need to see the game in action and how those Nightcrawler targets and moving ramp will work, but I got my order in for a Wolverine LE! I also played a couple games on WOZ @ the show and really enjoyed the game, but alas it just aint the theme for me. What are peoples speculation the moving ramp? hows it work?

#1984 11 years ago

How does the 3rd ball lock work on the right orbit "phoenix" is there a post ala spidey that come up to push the ball into the magneto ball lock? I can see how the balls get locked on the other two lock shots, but not that one. thoughts?

#1987 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

There's a diverter behind Mags; looks like a gate-style and not a post.

ok that makes sense, can't wait to see this game in action!

#2004 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There is a slight animation to the mech simulating movement just before dropping and vanishing to make it appear he is vanishing and popping up to the other mech.

I hope that playfield mechanics tie into whats going on, on the DMD and SFXs. That is one thing I really like about Jpops games, like in CV when a ball gets locked by juggler or tight rope. The action on the playfield matches what you are seeing on the DMD.

1 week later
#2188 11 years ago

Here is the pictures from FB today, just posted for all to see. Seriously need some better photos and some video soon

Xmen04.jpgXmen04.jpg

#2209 11 years ago

Wow........... this game looks better every time I see it! going to be even better when its delivered to my front door!

#2211 11 years ago

is the spot light on the bottom right sling gone on the LE for the moving ramp?

#2367 11 years ago

Wow! reading those rules and seeing all these new images I am very happy I pre-ordered this bad boy. Can't wait!

#2399 11 years ago

what exactly is the "multi-color GI" in X-men? I played WOZ @ E3 and the changing LED colors are pretty sweet. Any ideas what to expect on X-men?

#2401 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

There are instead 3 bulbs of different colors in (some?) GI locations

I see so there are 3 colors "red, blue and white" when the game calls it cycles on and turns on/off the lights in question. wonder if this creates more lights then a normal stern game.

#2443 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yes I believe Steve Blum will be doing it

That is correct, he does a kick ass wolverine! we have our final VO session with him this Friday. I will ask him, if he did VO for the X-men pinball machine.

Here you can hear Steve as Rioichi Cooper

#2454 11 years ago

Did anyone else just see a picture of a couple programmers standing next to a machine on Sterns FB page? I refreshed the screen and it was gone.

Xmen07.jpgXmen07.jpg

#2461 11 years ago

Deadpool is one for sure

#2563 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern makes their own led displays not needing

Interesting, I played AC/DC BIB a couple days ago and noticed how crisp the DMD was. I noticed it for sure. AC/DC looked Red like it had a filter over it.

#2567 11 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

squares were definitely noticeable when most of the display was lit up.

I noticed this as well, its not bad but I did notice it. How many new games use this display?

#2687 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

When are the flyers being released ??

I hope its stuck to the back of my next "pin game journal"

#2758 11 years ago

Thanks for the photos! How was the lighting in person?

#2767 11 years ago

Looks like when the magneto multi-ball is started all the light change to the red GI only. with the 2 colors turning on/off for modes this can be really cool. If this game looks as good as AC/DC I will be happy. was blown away how great the lighting on that game looked in person.

#3148 11 years ago

A couple of our team members are heading down to the show. I told them to play it, take video and pictures I am curious who will buy it after the show? I remember a couple years ago they sold the floor models for IM after comic-con was over.

1 week later
#3833 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The Beast shot (Left loop through the pops and by Wolverine on the left) is a tough shot.

I knew this was going to be a tough shot. Also Stern should add a nightcrawler % toggle in the settings, so the user can tune how often they want the mode to appear. Since this game will get code updates we should start an X-men code request thread on here? Or maybe Stern will just read this thread.

#3882 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wolverine multiball doesn't seem to exist yet or has some requirement that's not communicated. I couldn't start it no matter what I tried.

Stacking: basically, none. Once a mode is started, villain or hero, you can't make progress towards anything else except lanes and locking balls towards Mags. Hellfire hits don't count, character shots don't progress, etc. This goes for heroes, villains, and (I think) multiballs.

There isn't mode progression memory that I could find. If you start Cyclops and make three shots, you start over the next time. (And I'm not sure he's complete-able in the current code. It seems that it only registers shots after the spinner has come to rest first, which can't happen 9 times in the time given. Holding the ball right there and pushing it through, I couldn't complete it in time. Maybe other shots start to qualify, don't know.)

Starting all of the heroes, but not completing them, doesn't qualify the mini-wizard.

This all sounds like early code, I hope. We need to start a code request and rules thread for this game.

#3923 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Voice is by Drake (uncharted)

Good old Nolan North! man he is in so many games and such a fantastic VO actor. He does 2 voices for our game. The Deadpool game looks interesting, I can't wait to see highmoons new Transformers game. I loved the last one

#3939 11 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

#65 Wolverine showed up today after the shipping company found where they stored it Friday.Here is the goodie bag contents.

Cool thanks for sharing, whats that little comic? is it a full nice manual?

#3940 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why does the Nightcrawler plastic have the number -31

Numbers are used to signify the specific plastic part and where it goes. Not sure why they always make them so visible, but ya really cant see them.

#4274 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

-They'll have to kill the mandatory Magneto rule, or at least provide an option to turn it off.
-They'll have to kill repeating already played modes, or at least provide an option
-Some mode stacking needs to be implemented
-Good and Evil wizard should be obtainable by playing all modes but not completing them
-Ultimate wizard should be obtainable by COMPLETION of all modes.

This is a good list. I just hope they make things achievable, TRON is perfect. I can get to sea of simulation, but not portal yet and I feel rewarded. I like stacking modes and have a strategy for what to start and when. Modes are completed fast enough to make me feel like I am progressing and being rewarded. TF is nuts, and a pain in the balls to complete a single mode. Play it twice to complete it.......... really play it twice to hit the 12 shots! hahahaha I love the game, but I need a faster reward.

#4306 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

TF update is coming.

I really hope so! This totally made my day also Love the game it just needs a bit more code love.

#4316 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Flipper button sounds when the game is idle. This is a guilty pleasure. I like walking up to my idle games and hearing a soundbyte when I hit a flipper button.

Seriously! every game should have this I do the same thing. kills me that TF still has nuttin! please add this stern. I think Shadow has the best flipper button sound clips.

#4349 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Magneto #199 has been delivered.

Congrats! Zucot and I are getting ours delivered Friday. Can't wait

#4359 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It looks like the werewolf from Darkstalkers.

jon talbain wins! man I want a new darkstalkers I have Marvel Vs SF in our cab @ work and we play it like crazy.

#4601 11 years ago

So what bulb is everyone using in the magneto spotlight? I put in a super white cointaker bulb and it melted : P its high power so what bulb are people using that works ok and looks cool? thanks!

#4655 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

EDIT: A "super white cointaker bulb" is not high powered. It is brighter than their regular LED but uses aprox the same power as any 555 LED bulb (6.3V). The top bulb I linked to is higher power...it uses 12V. The flasher I linked to is 13V and the original bulb (and I'm assuming the socket) is 14V. So putting a bulb that uses 6.3V in a socket that is designed to pump out 14V is the reason the bulb melted.

Thank you! I ordered these bulbs and we will see how it goes thanks!

#4917 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really hope they add more stacking...at least being able to have a Hero & Villain going at once would be awesome.

Totally agree Greg! more stacking the better and it adds more strategy! I still really don't like starting magneto every time @ the start of a game though. I like choices on how I want to start each game.

#5136 11 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Ok I may buy that if you let villains happen at beginning along side the existing MMB sequence that might be good / and easy.

This is a good idea. I don't like starting with mags multi-ball all the time either and I agree that it may be a pain in the nuts to rip this all out of the code. Stacking villain modes with mags multi could be fun.

#5281 11 years ago

Mumite and I installed a bunch of star posts around the slings / lower half of the PF and it seems to have stopped the blue bulb on the right from getting knocked out (and the white one
On the left.)

The added width from the star posts seems to do the trick. Full credit to him, it was his idea.

Some pictures and the 4-LED bulbs in the pops from pinlife look great. I always like to color match and adding star posts and white rubber make the game look and play even better.

IMG_1279.JPGIMG_1279.JPG IMG_1280.JPGIMG_1280.JPG IMG_1278.JPGIMG_1278.JPG IMG_1281.JPGIMG_1281.JPG

#5284 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It might play better... []

Better meaning adding Xtra bounce with the white rubber. The game is already fantastic! I like the feel of white rubber to a game adding more bounce. I keep black rubber in the high traffic areas like the pops. plus white looks better

#5489 11 years ago

Hey all, to the people that have moved the wolverine toy. Does it make making the beast shot easier? Mine has the X belt rotated a little to the left and not lined up to the magnet.

thanks for any info or pictures if this widens the gap a bit. it's a tough shot to make, but that is not always a bad thing.

#5580 11 years ago

Wow. . . . 1.2 code makes this game incredible I can only imagine what other refinements stern will do to make X-men a top 10 game. very well played stern and the x-men team having a blast with the new code : )

2 weeks later
#6402 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't laugh when I hear ShittyBeast...I'm embarrassed for my beautiful X-Men pin

Greg I 100% agree with you, its just plain embarrassing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=mummite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.