(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11634 4 years ago

Joining the club, as I've got a sweet Magneto coming my way.!!! Been awhile since I played one on location, but was always fun.

Read some of this 11k thread, and it seems the Newton ball is the must have mod for this game...any other game changers for this one?

I'll be doing colordmd, comets, titan, etc. ( usual stuff ) but curious about Wolverine and Magneto figures as they always looked a bit big to me.

Any links to unique service problems? Thanks in advance for any direction.....

#11636 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

First of all, welcome to the club! X-Men is an awesome game and the Magneto version looks breathtaking. Enjoy the real backglass (the second to last game that ever had a real one from Stern).
The Newton ball mod is okay, it is not a must have. I do not have it installed on mine. I have no issue hitting best on my version when I want to and in my opinion the Newton ball mod opens it up to must and you’ll be running beast mode more frequently than you want to.

Thanks @tigerlaw!!! You opinion counts...Will get everything sorted and just enjoy as is for awhile...Excited to expand superhero land!!

#11641 4 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Welcome. I love my Magneto! I do not have any mods. The game is extremely sensitive to getting the balance right. Once you nail that, the flow and game play can’t be beat!

Great to hear...I'm super OCD on playfield leveling and pitch.....kinda cool to see this game get 3 votes in the " most influential pin of the past decade" poll floating around. All of my pins have their own place in the lineup (rarely get bored)...anxious to see what itch will get scratched with this one...an addictive/ fun hobby for sure...

#11643 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I have one that came with mine but not connected. I think he said he started to put it on or put it on and took it off,I could find out for sure hes on pinside.I like it with the wolverine so I may be interested in selling it if you decide to go that route.

Cool...Just pm me if he's got it...I'm going to play as factory to start however, to see if I need it or not...

#11646 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It came in a box with the machine so it's in my possession. Play it how it is,some people like myself like the way it is but i play a ton of tournaments so I need the harder settings but if you feel it's something you're interested in hit me up and I'll verify if it's new or lightly used (machine had 95 plays when i got it) and we can discuss a price.

Will do...

1 week later
#11651 4 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone else have the Blackbird scoop coil bracket plunger stop bend backwards?
It was even worse when I first found it ... bent almost straight back
The scoop was taking up to 6 attempts to spit the ball out, it became obvious why when I lifted the PF
Fixed it with a zip tie for now and ordered a new bracket. This is the same bracket that Harley Davidson uses[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow...no, mines fine. Definitely don't like the scoop light above it though, sandwiched between the plastics...I've tried everything, and keep knocking the bulb out.

Left the plastics in place, but pulled the socket and lit scoop from underneath...way better. This game is amazing!!!!

#11658 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Glad you are enjoying it! X-Men truly is the most under rated modern Stern by the general pin community. It is a fantastic game packed with features that games of today just can’t compare to.

Can't believe this game missed my radar for so long..., so many shots, modes, characters, multiballs, and gizmos. Serious honeymoon phase on this one now....really, really like it!!!!

Thanks for helping me identify this gem!!!

#11661 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The newton ball mod is less about the Beast shot and more about being able to start Wolvie MB too easily. A lot of times, you could start Wolvie MB by accident, instead of intentionally. With the newton ball mod, there has to be aim and intent in order to start Wolvie MB. It's probably the single best mod in any modern Stern.

So if I went this way, I'm believing I'd need a new (smaller) Wolverine? To keep scale right, I'd need a new Magneto too (how does the original come off, btw...haven't figured it out yet).

Sorry for "old" questions...just getting up to speed...

#11664 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nope. Many people use a different figure, but you can easily modify the stock Wolverine to fit.

Excellent...thanks...

#11665 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You're right, but you can use the originals. You'd have to cut the belt off of the original wolverine, but some people change out the figure altogether. I did both Magneto and Wolverine due to the scale being different as you suggested.

Link to the scaled down versions?

#11668 4 years ago

Just installed FatPanda soundmix....awesome!!! I'm a kid in a candy store at the moment w this game.....

#11671 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nothing truer has been said.
Newton ball balances the game properly.
PLUS the original figure is crap and it breaks on the back and flops around left to right, blocking the other shots.
PLUS the original figure is like $200 USD from Stern to replace ... which ranks up with the $750 Star Wars topper as a super sweet deal.
Cough cough.
The X-Men captive ball is the only play mod on any of my machines. I think that says something.
rd

Says alot, RD....I shall pursue.....loving this game...

2 months later
#11705 4 years ago

How much I love this game!!! Newton ball installed ( adjusting that switch was a pita), but worth it. There's just so much to do, great shots, disc is insane, and pure fun!!

1 year later
#12278 2 years ago

Merry Christmas all superheros!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.