(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7866 10 years ago

Looking at buying a pro. Is the aux issue related to the pro and LE's? Is there a way to tell if it has been replaced?

4 months later
#8133 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I bet they come back and finish the software in anticipation of the movie next year. May be a few months though...

What does finishing code and a new movie have to do with one another? Hasn't stern moved on from producing these? They already have your money, don't see how a new movie changes a thing.

I hope they finish the code ASAP. Pretty bad policy to have options on a machine (e.g., combos/ xtra ball) and not have it work. Poor and lazy work ethic, IMO.

3 weeks later
#8190 10 years ago

Avengers is dogged way more.

1 month later
#8242 10 years ago

Never seen either on three ball, tough game. Slings are so powerful, makes it hard to control ball sometimes.

3 weeks later
#8343 10 years ago

I just got to danger room for the first time last night...would take me forever to get to dead pool. I have hero stacking off, but turned it on last week, hence finally getting to dead pool (edit: danger room...wishful thinking). Very cool mode!

#8346 10 years ago

Freudian slip...wish I were a beta tester.

#8384 10 years ago

This is really great that Stern has updated the code and ill be installing it tonight, I already feel my stress level falling. However, I really would like to understand why this could not have been done from the beginning. Doesn't seem like a massive or overly complicated update and really goes a long way to demonstrating commitment to putting out a great product from the start. Or is it that no matter what they put out, we will all find something to bitch about? Probably the latter.

#8386 10 years ago

Wolvie doesn't bother me at all. Who can ever complain about a MB! Probably same people who complain about the tesseract. I actually dislike balrog more than wolvie.

3 months later
#8591 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Hitting a certain number on combo shots activates Deadpool....I can't remember how many off hand....is it 5?

15 is factory I think. You can change it in settings.

#8604 9 years ago

It's not just xmen that got pulled down, avengers got the same bad rap. To each his own, but owning both for some time now, I think they are both great games for many of the same reasons...dots, sound, difficulty, etc. people rag on avengers quality, but I have about 1000 games on mine and never had anything go wrong.

2 months later
#8792 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

It can hit three switches before the skillshot becomes inactive. You can let the ball drop done to the lower flipper and then hit that shot.

My skill shot disables if it hits the switch just above the upper flipper where the ball drops down from the plunge. Makes for a tricky plunge.

#8793 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Just playing this tonight...
Is there a Stern game with better dots??
Also, I hit the super-secret skill shot for the first time ever. What complete luck to nail that one...

Yes, avengers! Or at least as good as xmen.

3 weeks later
#8880 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Before you change to 5 balls, just use the score thresholds to award extra ball as rewards rather than credits.
Set the scores to fixed and I recommend 25mil, 60mil and 95mil as the extra ball scores.
If you hare having a good game, you are rewarded with an extra ball to help you try to reach that next mode or villain.
That's how I set mine for non-practice days.
Marcus

I thought you could only set one extra ball fixed limit? Is there a setting to award more than one limit so you can get more xballs? I gave one set at 20 and that's it. Would love to have another set at 75 or 100 mil and then another at 200 mil.

#8903 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Set your machine reply value to "Fixed" in the Stern Service Menu. Then set reward to "Extra Ball". Then set replay level to "1", "2" or "3".
Then set each score independently. There are three scores available on the Service Menu I believe.
Marcus

Holy crap, I never knew you could do this...thanks man!

#8904 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Set your machine reply value to "Fixed" in the Stern Service Menu. Then set reward to "Extra Ball". Then set replay level to "1", "2" or "3".
Then set each score independently. There are three scores available on the Service Menu I believe.
Marcus

Holy crap, I never knew you could do this...thanks man! You'd think I'd know this with 6 modern sterns.

#8909 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just realized you need to set 'fixed' before it will allow you to set the additional levels.
I set level to '4'
1)25 million
2)50 million
3)100 million
4)150 million
It won't kick in until I am having a decent game. If it becomes like I am getting too many extra balls I will move the requirements up.
Much better than setting to 5 - ball like I was thinking.

I set mine to 20, 100, 175 and 250. I also changed my avengers and IM!

1 week later
#8925 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Like this? (sorry for the crappy pic...)

I'd really like to round it off with an Iron Man and a spiderman someday...
Too many pins...too little $$$

You mean like this...

20140828_201501.jpg20140828_201501.jpg
#8944 9 years ago

If you put hero stacking on you'll get there faster. Much harder with it off. I've played the game both ways, currently have it off and got my high of 343 mil and to DR with it off...sometimes you have one of those games.

1 week later
#8991 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

there isn't a way to stack any of the multiballs, is there? I've tried a bunch of combinations, but it seems like if you start magneto, weaponX, BH, or HF, that blocks any of the other modes (although you have have other things started beforehand of course).

No, but I think you can stack a mb with a villain, making it easier to complete.

#8998 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChris:

Hi,
I have a X-men Pro. Does anybody have any trouble with the Magneto Magnet going crazy and becoming too powerful? I can't find a pattern of when it does this. But it ruins games. Is there a way to make it less powerful? I also notice once in a while my machine does crazy things. Like the Magneto ball lock gate just goes up and down. Or random points are given and the ball is not even near that spot.
thanks

No issues with my pro, whipping the ball is supposed to be what the magnet does, same with IM. The gate lock is a different issue. Sounds like maybe you have a bad connection or flaky switch.

#9025 9 years ago

Much harder on the pro version, but not as cool.

1 week later
#9048 9 years ago

The basic rules are fairly simple, but it can get pretty complex. Shoot the heroes a few times to start them, keep hitting them to complete them. Once they are all lit (not just flashing) on the circle, hit the scoop to start danger room. For dark Phoenix, do the same with the villains, which are initially lit by completing the Inlanes three times. The arrows flash pretty well to guide you, faster flashing arrows do more damage than slow flashing. Rcade has outlined the rules very well in here.

#9050 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

For the heroes one, you are assuming he has hero + hero stacking off.

It's a free for all with stacking on, you don't be able to make heads or tails of what you are doing, though it makes the game much easier.

#9066 9 years ago

Same thing happens on IM, give it a nudge to keep it off the sling.

#9071 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Of you start a villain mode, go for Brotherhood or Hellfire (if available), or choose an "easier" mode to get points on, like Sentinels.
Some shots are tight, so it can be hard to get a feel for a shot until you've played the game more. Until then...it can be a brick fest.
Pete

I would suggest not going for brotherhood until the very end. Once BH is ready, every hit to the targets lights the villain at scoop, instead of having to light it by completing the lanes three times.

#9075 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Well, I played about 10 more games, and still top out at 60M, so I still have a ways to go.
I get the hero side of the of the game, but I still struggle with how to move thru the villains.
Well I get them running, sometimes 3 or 4 at the same time, but I can't seem to end them.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Robert

Watch how the arrows flash in villain mode. Faster arrows do more damage.

#9077 9 years ago

You can't stack villains, only heroes.

#9122 9 years ago

So much for this being an xmen thread

#9124 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Are you serious?
I don't think I've seeit 9100 posts that have stayed as relatively on topic as this thread!
The worst we have had in the past 20 pages has been a Tron vs Xmen debate, and how to cram one more game into a gameroom.

And that's why this has been such a great thread, just want to keep it that way. Comparing machines seems worthy of starting a new thread.

4 weeks later
#9178 9 years ago

Got their last night on first ball...hero stacking on. Final score 243 mil, still 100 mil off my high. I need to change back to hero stacking off. I also have generous extra ball settings at 20, 50, 100 and 175...makes it more fun to progress every now and then. Outlanes are narrow too. Game is a blast.

2 weeks later
#9231 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

New XMLE owner here. Curious, is the shaker motor a must add?

Yes, shaker is well integrated into the game.

1 month later
#9253 9 years ago

Bsd>XM? Not even close. I've owned bsd, and own XM? Bsd is a great game, but it's way too shallow and one dimensional.

2 weeks later
#9327 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

interesting. It's also 10 combos activate dead pool.

I'm not sure, but I think you can change this in the settings menu.

1 week later
#9372 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think Cliffy now has a revised scoop protector that may lessen hang-ups.

Yep, he has. I had the old one and balls would hang up. The new one is thinner of the left side, no hang ups.

#9393 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I'm so glad that I'm not good enough at the game for this to matter.
All you guys that can clear everything multiple times....wow! I'm either very impressed, or you are playing 10-ball games with the glass off! =)
Pete

I'd love to see a video of some of these guys finishing the game. Hard to believe people are getting this far on a frequent basis. I think in about 18 months of ownership, I've gotten to DR a handful of times ( hero stacking off) and never seen dark Phoenix. I'm a pretty decent player with a nigh of 343 mil, 3 ball, factory outlanes, 5 sec ball saver. Guess if I ever did get to the end and there was nothing there, I'd be disappointed.

#9398 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

already said, in our first 100 games, we've got 9 DR & 1 DP... thats 1 final every 10 games
pin set in factory settings, except 5 balls game, as may be its the good way to play further a home game, home is not tournament

Hero stacking on or off? Makes a huge difference. With it on, I can get to DR much more frequently. 5 balls is like playing two games in one.

#9457 9 years ago

I have the pro, Xavier is harder for me.

1 month later
#9579 9 years ago

Like the blue guy, stick an LED up his ass and light him up!

1 month later
#9631 8 years ago

I have some icicles for the Iceman ramp. If anyone wants them, let me know. $15 shipped, 5, 6" pieces.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-422.jpgimage-422.jpg
1 month later
#9716 8 years ago

The NC pop ups are the only desirable feature on the LE, wish the pro had them. The pro is better in every other way and the wolvie is an issue on the LEs. The magnets whip the ball around so much, the spinning disc is useless.

2 weeks later
#9743 8 years ago

Not sure what factory setting is, but turn hero stacking off for now. It makes it easier to understand The flow of the game.

1 week later
#9817 8 years ago

I'm all for giving to charity, but paying someone for what stern should be doing seems nuts. Best way to get stern to move is stop buying nib. Of course, this means we get nothing for Xmen. Avengers needs more than Xmen at this point.

#9842 8 years ago

I have my pro for sale, but the more I play it, the more I think I should keep it. It's really under appreciated and its got some of the best flow of any game and a great rule set. I suspect the game will rise in value in a few years. I hit 212mil the other night and still didn't get to DR or DP, hero stacking off. Had all villains done except brotherhood and hellfire. My high is 343mil. I've convinced myself, nlfs.

2 weeks later
#9883 8 years ago
Quoted from Thestrangebrewer:

I reseated the molex connectors and checked switches 2 and 4- both look good- kind of at a loss..

Take balks out of the game. Put the game in switch test mode and feed the balls in one by one. Do they all register on the matrix?

Is anything stuck in your trough, like a light bulb? Might seem dumb, but on more than one occasion a bulb has come out from under the slings and lodged itself in the trough without me even realizing it until I see the balls not feed right.

Look for broken wire (s) around the coil.

Clean the optos with a qtip and rubbing alcohol.

Make sure connections at opto boards are good, as mentioned earlier.

3 months later
#10089 8 years ago

Sold my xmen pro to a guy in Canada that owns a fun center. He brought it to a hockey game...really nice to see my game is getting put to good use and kids playing it...they look amazed!

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

2 weeks later
#10110 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Very hard to understand theses rules. i still can't. i have done 57m without knowing what i need to do, just trying to play well.
if so can tell me a little about the strategy of this game, that's welcome.

Turn off hero stacking in the menu. It will be much easier to understand what's going on. Basically, you need to start/complete each hero on the circle to get to danger room. To get to dark Phoenix, complete all the villain modes, which are started via lighting the scoop, very tough.

#10124 8 years ago

Not really, but side mirrors and a shaker are good upgrades. I have a set of icicles if you want them. $15 shipped.

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

1 year later
#10980 6 years ago

Sold my pro a few years ago. Glad to be back in the club with a Magneto LE!

20171112_155044 (resized).jpg20171112_155044 (resized).jpg

#10983 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just about done now with modding my new X-men pro. Just waiting on my newton ball mod and the Wolvie Bust to come in. So far I've:
- Complete tear down show job with titan rubbers installed and new coil sleeves in all the mechs.
- Playfield was cleaned and polished.
- Cliffy removed. Sorry Cliffy, I love you, but it on this game that cliffy makes the shot much harder to hit and it kept forcing the ball SDTM out of the pops. Replaced with a Mantis protector.
- New magnet cores installed and mylar placed around the magnets.
- Flipper Fiddeltiy speakers installed. So far, not sure if I like this mod. Speakers sound muted compared to the old ones even turned way up. Stock sounded better. Going to removed the "dial" that it came with to see if that helps.
- Mirror blades installed
- Custom apron made. Painted it blue (hard to tell in the pictures). Installed two flashers that go off with Magneto into the apron and under the apron (yellow boxed it in the pics) I installed a flasher that ties into the magneto flasher. Pretty cool effect with these added.
- Changed the lighting from red and blue to mainly sunlight LED's with a couple Ice blue's thrown in for effect in the storm area and the back box. Think I'm going to change the apron light out from blue to Sunlight as well.
- Pinbits plastic protectors. HIGHLY recommend this kit. Out of the 10 or so kits I've installed this was by far the most complete kit.
- Cleaned and flame polished all the ramps
- new G16 polished balls
- Painted the flipper bats. Blue at the bottom and red for the upper flipper
Game has been a blast to play and now that it's personalized more for my taste I'm loving it even more. Thanks everyone for the suggestions you provided earlier.
Couple of pics.

Looks great! You need some accent lighting in the back, still very dark.

#10984 6 years ago

If anyone needs any icicles for their Iceman ramp, I have a set. You will get two strips of icicles, enough l to line the ramp (one strip shown in pic) for the pro. $12 shipped within the US.

For the LE, you only need a small section because of the moving ramp. $5 shipped for the LE. Le shown in pic.

20171115_205204 (resized).jpg20171115_205204 (resized).jpg

20171115_210124 (resized).jpg20171115_210124 (resized).jpg

#10991 6 years ago

I replaced magneto in my game with a better one. I just need to find a silver metal ball to put in his hand. The figure opens the playfield up a bit. The flasher that was inside magneto, now sits behind the figure and lights up much better in conjunction with the flasher spotlight.

Next up is the Newton ball mod and a better wolvie figure.

20171119_162521 (resized).jpg20171119_162521 (resized).jpg

#10994 6 years ago

This is the one I got, I paid $20 shipped.

ebay.com link: 0

Using this guy on top of my newton ball when it comes in. He was $7.

#10996 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Thanks. That one looks good to. I just finished my newton mod. Made an airball like plastic and mounted this guy after Cutting him off his base.
Put some Velcro under him and drilled/tapped a hole in the porcelain to make sure he stays put.

I like that wolvie, Is that the bank bust? Is that the mezel newton set up? I was hoping it came with a plastic top to mount a figure on top.

#10998 6 years ago

Took my stock wolverine set up out and installed the mezel Newton bracket. Can't say enough about the quality of the mod and ease if installation. Only thing I really had to do was adjust the switch once installed. It opens the game up so much, it really should have been like this from the factory.

When I was done, I thought I might be able to use stock wolverine figure. Had it all installed, slid the glass on, no good, hits the glass.

So I instead I installed my own figure and really like it. Looks a little small in the pic, but I think it fits pretty well and opens things up.

I have an LE so losing the stock figure means I lose the light inside wolverine. Not a big deal as I had a better idea. I installed a spotlight on the left ramp to light up the figure. Even better, I tied it to the wolverine flasher on the playfield so the wolvie spot and the figure light up when his insert is lit, a much better set up.

20171123_114650 (resized).jpg20171123_114650 (resized).jpg

20171123_122006 (resized).jpg20171123_122006 (resized).jpg

#11001 6 years ago

Honestly, with this mod, it is like a different game. Not many mods you can say that about, it literally is a game changer.

#11022 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Someone do this and sell me your old Magneto figure. Mine took a shot to the cape and has a nice hole busted in him now.

I have an extra, make me an offer.

Quoted from 85vett:

Back to looking for a magneto replacement figure. The one lermods used is to tall for a Pro. Guess their is some difference between the pro and LE as he stands about a full inch to tall (his whole head). Was thinking of trimming him down but not even sure where I could do that to make it look nice

The pro and le are the same, you just need to tilt him back a little. The head of my Magneto figure just grazes the glass. Make sure you position him back a little.

#11029 6 years ago

The bolts don’t need to go all the way through, they are threaded into the 3d printed plastic. I’m not sure why you don’t have space between the two balls, are the balls the correct size?

#11031 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Also should it be sitting this tight? There's no room for the smaller ball to move at all.

I did. Figured I'd try here too.

Used what came with the kit. If they are threaded it's not working cause they slide right out.

So you are saying the holes are too big for the bolts to grab? Mine were super tight. Maybe wrap the threads with plumbers teflon tape to take up the slack. Not ideal , but I bet it would work.

Not sure why the balls are so tight. Mine has about a half inch of space between the two balls. Can you show a pic with the balls out ? I literally installed the same mod a week ago and had no issues.

#11034 6 years ago

I'm not seeing anything obvious. Mine was very tight to put it as well and you will need to adjust switch by bending the one in the back out slightly so that there is a gap between it and the one the ball strikes.

The only thing I can think of is the ball is too big, mine looked smaller than yours.

I'm not sure why your posts don't fit properly. Mezel has great support so they will help you better than I could. Be patient, you will be extremely happy with it once you get it right.

2 weeks later
#11045 6 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Just joined the club last week Got a HUO Pro with less than 1,000 plays. Looks brand new!
Couple of quick questions:
1. I noticed that Wolverine moved quite a bit. I checked the screws at the back and they weren't tight. I tightened them, but then the shot doesn't register at all. I loosened them again, but wondering if that is normal?
2. Is there a secret to removing Wolverine? I removed the screws at the back, but when I try to lift Wolvy up, he is catching on something. I tried jiggling, moving around and lifting up, but he remained caught on something.
3. Is there a consensus on rule settings? I have 1.51 installed and I'm finding it hard to follow with both Villains and Heroes set to stack. I was leaning towards setting it so Hero modes don't start during a Villain mode. Thoughts?
Thanks!

I would recommend ditching wolvie entirely and getting the newton ball set up from mezel. It’s a much more enjoyable game that way.

That said, the two screws in the back of him are all that holds him on, but he sits on a metal mount that can be snug. He will crack in the back eventually.

1 week later
#11053 6 years ago

If you know how to play the game, hero stacking is great, especially during mb where you can take down a few at a time. As a beginner, definitely turn it off or it will feel like chaos.

#11057 6 years ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Wanted to thank those that responded to my questions. I've gone with factory default for stacking and that seems to be what others are doing.
I talked with the previous owner and he confirmed he was able to pull Wolverine off. I tried again and by wiggling right and left while pulling up, he eventually came off. Wanted to post that in case anyone else has trouble -- just take your time. He eventually comes off, but it a bit tricky.
I ended up putting two washers where the switch connects to the metal under the playfield. This provide just a tad more clearance. With the washers in place, I was able to tighten Wolverine and it still registers hits.
Previous owner put a black rubber on Wolverine by his belt. I've left it. It seems to be helping and I don't see any wear on Wolverine. I'll add the captive ball mod at some point. I think that's a better solution, but this will work for now, although it makes the Beast shot tighter.
Another quick question. Does the Cyclops spinner get stuck in the middle position for others? Seems to happen alot on mine. Ball will hit it, but doesn't register. Eventually the spinner falls. I took the right ramp off and looked at the switch. Nothing is binding. Any recommendations?

Bend the spinner so that the bottom is slightly leaning back. That should alleviate it getting stuck as it likely just needs to be rebalanced.

1 month later
#11101 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Thanks for the updates DugFreez and TimeBandit on lamp#63; that is crazy that they went to the effort to put in the wiring and a separate circuit, which is used only in attract mode. I wish it would light when the Wolverine is running that way we could have it turn on a spotlight or something.

You can wire up a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine flasher on the Playfield with that effect. I did it on my game.

#11105 6 years ago
Quoted from Jeep2682:

Sure, that would be a great idea. I have attached a photo of my new wolverine and also a photo from under the playfield so you can help ID where to connect the flasher to. Thank you for the help

Connect it to the flasher socket. Either solder wires on to the lugs or use alligator clips. Orange is the power, black is the signal/ground.

#11113 6 years ago

There’s a lot of mod potential with this game. Best mod is the mezel newton ball replacement. Undercab lighting works well on this game, very active. Search eBay for Wolverine figures. Shaker, side mirrors. Get rid of the stock magneto. Speaker lights.

Here’s a few mods we sell for ideas.

https://lermods.com/t/x-men-pinball-mods

20171124_115650 (resized).jpg20171124_115650 (resized).jpg

#11115 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Got a link for that magneto? And wolverine?

Magneto

Wolverine I used, I cut him at the waist.

I'm sure you can find them cheaper.

3 weeks later
#11150 6 years ago

I have a few sets of icicles for the Iceman ramp if anyone is interested. $15 for the LE, $7 for the pro, both prices include shipping.

20180307_135056 (resized).jpg20180307_135056 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#11175 5 years ago

I have a backbox panel mod that I was supposed to supply to someone at Pinfest, but it didn’t work out. Normally we charge $199 plus shipping for it, but I’m discounting it to $125 shipped. It’s for a pro, which I don’t have so can’t supply pics. It’s rgb and custom color matched to the pro trans light.

You can get an idea of what these do from our website. Pm me if you are interested or need more info.

https://lermods.com/t/pinball-machine-backbox-mods

#11177 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Lamp #63 is the lamp in Wolverine's head. It works in test mode but I've never seen it go off during a game or attract mode & I have the lamp out because I did the newton ball mod so it is definitely visible to me.
Anyone have any insight on this?

I got really of that light and instead installed a spotlight that is tied to the Wolverine 12v flasher insert.

#11180 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

No a bad idea, especially if the lamp doesn't do anything. You using a 555 bulb or flasher bulb?

You can get a 12v wedge type bulb from comet. Can't use 555 as they are 6v.

1 week later
#11192 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Correct...it doesn't block any view when it is in it's "home" position which is the vast majority of the time. And even when it moves I never felt like it blocked anything. A little bulky yes, but we're not talking Groot arms here.

I find it does block the right inlanes when it’s in the home position.

1 month later
#11244 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Hi, couple of questions. So from the coil chart #30 magneto spotlight flash isn't working. Is this spotlight normally on or off? And then just flashes when working? The Magneto figure flash isn't working either. I assume it's in Magneto. How do you take Magneto off to get to it? Both of these bulbs are listed as Stern part 165-5032-00. Can't find these. Is there another part number I can use??
Thanks,
Tslayer

Don't have my game anymore, but magneto comes out very easily, just a few pieces holding him in.

As for the flashers, they are not on all the time. Did you go into flash test mode with coindoor closed and test them?

1 month later
#11357 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Sorry, to be clear, when the ball falls out of the pops on the left side, the ball would usually fall into the hole, but instead, rolls over the bottom left corner and trickle down into the middle drain. The scoop eject shoots out cleanly to the left flipper for a trap.
I installed a brand new Cliffy.

Make sure your game is leveled properly. I never had an issue on my pro or le with sdtm from the pops with the cliffy on.

#11360 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's leveled properly.

Maybe raise your right back leg a few turns to tilt the game slightly. On my game, the ball rarely fell into the hole and would roll down to the left flipper.

Also, there are two types of cliffies, a thin version and thick version. The thin version is what you want.

The hole gets pretty beat up without the cliffy.

#11386 5 years ago

The thicker cliffy is not good,it causes ball hang ups, which is why I believe he went to a thinner style.

1 year later
#11812 3 years ago
Quoted from Maximot:

XMEN LE LIGHT QUESTION: Hi all, hope Im posting this in the correct section (1st post). I have a question regarding the Magneto spotlight. I must apolgize in advance as Im newer to pins and my terminolgy is not up to par...that being said, I just picked up Xmen LE HUO that was regularly serviced and in great condition. It was shipped so obviosuly it was jostled a bit. I just noticed the LED (see pics) for the Magneto spotlight was out so I 1st made sure the bulb was in secure and then gave a little wiggle on the wires near the back of the light. Moving the wires, it came on dim and then bright with a little more wire movement. That lasted about 3 minutes before it went out completely. When I pulled it out, it was melted. Im guessing a short? Machine is on a surge protector and I have no other issues I can see. All other lights are fine
Questions:
Should I 1st put in another of the same bulb to trial and see if it was a bulb issue? I know not just any LED should go there. Suggestions on best place to obtain the correct bulbs easily? Can I verify what LED exactly should be there?
Is it more of a wiring issue near the contact point of bulb insert given wiggling the wires there improved the brighness temporarily?
Is it something fairly easy to properly diagnose/fix myself? Im handy and a quick learn but my limited maintenance experience on pins to date includes changing a pop up plunger and a coil sleeve. I have a voltmeter if thats of any use. Im hesitant to start taking anything apart as the spotlight itself is thin/fragile and not exactly sure how it comes apart but with some instruction I ll take a swing at it. Thanks all[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a 6.3v bulb. Check the manual, but it might be that the spotlight is wired for a 12v bulb. That would explain the brightness and melting,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.