(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9291 9 years ago

Nice work so far on the rulesheet!

1 week later
#9355 9 years ago

Does anyone have what was done so far? Send it my way?

1 week later
#9479 9 years ago

Sweet. Could be perfect timing. I should be picking up an X-men next weekend.

3 weeks later
#9511 9 years ago

Would be cool if Waison did something like what happened with Cirqus Voltaire and put the final polish on.

#9516 9 years ago

The game is very fun as is… A bunch of unused content that's already been visible in previous versions screams finish me!

#9519 9 years ago

Anyone know Waison? I've read some people say that it's done, but seems like the last update wasn't really a must fix, and the release notes read like there could be more coming.

#9548 9 years ago

I just put in a cointaker shaker. If you dig the music and theme, i'd say it adds to that. It shakes a fair amount, whereas some games I didn't really notice the shaker.

1 week later
#9565 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sadly there will be no more XMEN updates. I asked John Borg in an email if any more updates would be coming and he said there would be no more work done for XMEN as there's other things to work on. I understand and really appreciate him replying to my email and discussing the game.
The code for XMEN is extremely deep but it would just be nice if the couple bug fixes and setting changes mentioned by others here could be implemented.

Cool that he answered. Shitty they won't correct the few known problems.
I know it's a slippery slope once started, but I would gladly pay for an update... Better than nothing.

#9567 9 years ago

Wouldn't take many $50 or $100 pledges to get a few grand for random stern coder to do some magic.

#9577 9 years ago

I think the pro feels really packed with features compared to other pros.

1 month later
#9635 9 years ago

I had the danger room in sight again… flippin' wolverine can't find his way out!

3 weeks later
#9649 8 years ago

I'm on a pro so I never had the beast problem, but the Newton ball mod gave clear view to Xavier which helped me.. That's not an easy shot.

#9655 8 years ago

ST is a great theme,with incredible speed and flow but I think Xmen Pro is a much better game.. warts and all.

#9679 8 years ago

Biggest complaint for me is not knowing when you beat some modes; sometimes it doesn't seem that obvious.

#9689 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The center inserts: Flashing if a hero has been started. Solid if a hero has been complete. Same for the villain inserts between the flippers.

I guess I mean some kind of audio clip or callout that indicates you beat it. There's a cool animation for sabertooth, but I've never heard a long howl or something to go with it.

1 month later
#9747 8 years ago

The switch has a plug so you can solder it all on your bench.

#9763 8 years ago

Is there any compelling reason to go to 1.51?

#9766 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yes, a few reasons. You'll have to decide if they are compelling to you. I like 1.51 and would not go back.
- Fixed a timing issue that prevented ball locks from the Phoenix shot after a skill shot. Phoenix shot is no longer ignored after the skill shot.
- Removed Wizard Multiball shell. This was a wizard mode tested in early beta versions that was brought to prominence due to the last round of changes. It was inadvertently activated and is not an intented feature currently.

Seems like the Phoenix issue is the only thing I'd notice in game play? Even if it's just a shell of a wizard mode isn't that better than being stuck in the rare chance I make it that far?

#9777 8 years ago

Shit, I'd pay Waison a few c notes to wrap it up... If a few of us did the same it would be worth his time. Working for free does suck.

#9779 8 years ago

I'd like more reliable callouts when modes are completed. Seems like wolverine completes sometimes with no audio feedback. Sabertooth death scream would be nice etc..

#9782 8 years ago

Does anyone know Waison? float the idea to him and get the ball rolling. If he's game I'd be stoked, even if it's just the big bug fixes.

#9790 8 years ago

If the rumor of Lyman finishing games on his own time is true, I don't see stern getting in the way. Someone should do a Lyman appreciation fundraiser to reward his hard work if this motivates Waison.

#9801 8 years ago

I'm in the "F it I'll pay" crowd. I'd rather have a better game for more cash than nothing.

#9808 8 years ago

Yo Waison; take our money!

1 week later
#9857 8 years ago

Pull the wires away from the plastic housing and wrap the base with some Teflon tape ( like you use in threaded pipe) then bend the wires back where they were. that should hold it in.

#9871 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Any word if a color DMD will be available? This would be a no brainer insta-purchase for me.
-c

Someone is working on it. No idea on time frame.

1 month later
#9957 8 years ago

the mod is legit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=kneissl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.