(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joejet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

And, if I was dreaming some more:
J. Scott Campbell
Alex Ross
Adam Hughes
Michael Turner (RIP)
...and several others that I am positive would never draw a pinball playfield. =)
Pete

For X-Xmen artists I would have to say
1) John Byrne (just cause his run was just the best run ever)
2) Jim Lee

However - Alex Ross, really, no one can touch him (Neil Adams is close) and if he did the game it would be a work of art - would kill and be a must-buy for me.

1 week later
#196 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Okay...here's the first pic of the X-Men pinball!!
....sort of.
Looks to be an EM.

Great! Cant believe i didnt think of that.

#205 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

gambit3113 said:Akuma has reported not hand drawn, but done on Photoshop. Digital rendering, I suppose.
Did he mean they were utilizing photos/scans and arranging in Photoshop or drawing the art in Photoshop?
Side track again for a sec: Artists can "hand" draw and paint in Photoshop. They have been for YEARS. You just need a good Cintiq/Tablet. I'm just mentioning this for people that associate "Photoshop" with "the computer did the work for you, you didn't really draw anything". Sorry if that comes off condescending. Just saying...

I thought "hand drawn" meant they did each play field by hand no?

PS: All comic books are "Photoshoped" nowadays so if they Hand draw the playfields wont that look different then the X-Men in the book thingy's?

#355 11 years ago

Yes, this will be the first "Stern Borg" with a realistic BOM and also (hopefully?) a polished set of rules. Borg should thank JJP

#423 11 years ago

Really liking the IJ4 reveal scoop.. that toy was great on IJ4 too bad the rest of the game was what it was. That was the only thing worth carrying over.

#493 11 years ago

sad but i have a feeling stern is going to find a way to blow it... really want this to be a killer pin, but between the good/evil LE (here we go more unfinished code), lack of a combo so need to pick one or the other...kiddie art vs classic comic art..dunno man.. been up, been down, been up, now down... prove me wrong please?

#678 11 years ago

I guess they learned from ACDC.. dont show them anything until its done and too late?

#780 11 years ago

Well on the good guys side (assuming 90's team) you have Wolverine, Beast, Prof X, Cyclops and Gambit so 10 balls.

#785 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

mnpinball said:This one Will sell out almost immediately. Dist are going to buy them all. Most of the guys in the know have pre ordered based on info.
I agree, this game is going to sell like hot cakes! From everything I have heard about it, it's going to be a fast combo beast! exactly the way I like um like TRON! Very happy for Borg and his team and wish them all the luck on this game I for one am in! pre-order locked in!

Hopefully it sells out before we see pics.. then i can put my non-existent X-Men LE next to my non-existent Tron LE, and this time will not get a pro.

#787 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

JoeJet said:Wolverine, Beast, Prof X, Cyclops and Gambit so 10 balls.
Wrong....Beast mutated too far, he's got three.
So....11.

Good point.. come to think of it.. does Gambit have any?

#886 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Holy guacamole there pmWolf...52 pins in your collection???? WOW..Impressive!!

Thanks!
I'm not sure if it is impressive, or just crazy.
Here's a pic of where the X-Men will go eventually. I'm pretty sure it will go next to the TRON LE.

Attachments My_Basement.jpg (418.1 KB, 0 downloads) 49 minutes old

Dude.. you can fit more pins where the steps are.. come on!

#1465 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just got message from Stern the LE run is sold out.

Oh well i guess I am not buying one then.. will save for the Hobbit.

#1645 11 years ago

Derek already sold his. Was not as Greta as expected.

#1755 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Yeah I'm disappointed by that too, that IJ4 Scoop is definitely missing from the teaser CAD.

Maybe its under him? Dunno man.. that scoop was the only cool thing in IJ4..

Funny, probably the WORST thing was the Last Crusade scoop because the ball dribbled in there from the pops all the time.. looks like thats the case here too!??!?

#1857 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

For all the guys saying "I can't believe you guys are talking about buying/swaping trim, toys, etc.". This has been going on forever. Jesus, just look at Tron. People are paying $5000+ for a NIB Pro now. They are buying Orange Trim, version 2.1 Arcade toy, EL wire, other toys and such. Hell, my TRON LE was cheaper than what they are getting a Pro for now.
Stern is done with chrome because it is expensive and they had problems with it. So no people can decide what color trim they want because most likely every LE from TFs on will have powder coating on it.
It all comes down with what you want to do with "your" game and how you want to personalize it. Mod ON!

I guess the point is... big "Feature" was custom molded toys vs off the shelf and its ironic that most would prefer them being replaced and most of the off the shelf toys (aside from a few say tron light cycles) on other games are kept on most Stern pins. I think its fair to say those dolls were an epic fail.

3 weeks later
#2843 11 years ago

Love the DMD animations.. not the call outs so much... would love to play these on location.. too bad that will never happen.. hope i am wrong. Its a shame too since the license would bring younger players to pinball.

#3119 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just looking at the two, it looks like WoZ is far and away better built with greater attention to detail, I mean you don't see any light wires or plastic fastener on WoZ, and XM looks made from 'parts bin' ...The XM figurines while not a deal killer are not to my taste.

+1 I wish it were NOT true, as i was all set for an X-Men LE but this is exactly what i thought (parts bin) when i saw it, and those figurines WERE a deal killer for me.

1 week later
#3888 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Holy cow Gambit . . . you just picked up and unboxed the machine today and you already decoded the rule set in this kind of detail? You have sick skills . . . it takes me several days of pretty good play to figure out the rules of machines in this great of detail.

Its amazing what you can figure out with the glass off!

1 week later
#4437 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Overall, not good. They range from good to laughable to horrible. Probably the one that stands out as the worst is "Collect X-Men to battle Magneto" by some unknown narrator that decided to drop 1 line in the game. It sounds like it was recorded on a boom box from 1984.
Storms voice is just all around bad. I really haven't noticed Wolverines voices not matching up as poorly as I first did (or him sounding like Cyclops). Magneto is laughable bad, but in a super cheese way that doesn't bother me. It sounds like Will Ferrell doing an over the top voice in most of it but one clip in particular makes me think of someone eles. "Avenger...X-Men...(and in the Ted Knight, Judge Smails voice from Caddyshack) and soon...the world."
All in all, not what was hyped by the "insiders" that continue to be wrong on almost all of the "knowledge" they decide to grace us with. Those critiques aren't taking in to consideration how much speach is lacking or repeated. That is just my opinion on what is there.

+1 Where are all the re-sellers that were posing every 5 posts before the game was released? I keep peeking in this thread to see a reason to buy this game as I REEEEEAAALY wanted to and I cant help but feel i dodged a bullet on this one. Of course there are some cool things in the game, but the continued problems popping up are just a joke for the price this puppy was/is selling for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joejet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=joejet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.