(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11225 5 years ago

hello, I'm tearing down the playfield.
replacing rubbers, cleaning, replacing post etc.
When I was cleaning I saw a black nylon spacer sitting on the backboard... shit. Those damn things are so sneaky at hiding under plastics.

I know one goes under the left side of the blackbird plastic.
does anyone know where the other one goes?

Feel like the more I do this the less pictures I take. The first game I ever tore down I had like 70 pictures, now I have like 10 maybe.

#11226 5 years ago

anyone?

#11227 5 years ago

AH HA never mind

#11230 5 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

So where did it belong?

Pretty sure they both go under the blackbird sign btwn the plastics.... I think.
I had memories of only using one a long time ago, so I was really confused.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

#11231 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

X-men Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers in red. The picture looks a little orange, but they are blood red.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01710-x-men-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-red

those do look pretty neat, where do the wires go in.
I've always liked the lighted mods, but if you do one you have to do them all.

#11236 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, one goes with each post to raise the top plastic up a bit (to allow room for the light).

that's what seem to make sense, it was really hard to tell from the pics I had though. Thanks

ok, everything is back together, just play testing now. one issue I think.

it's the diverter in the back,
shooting a lock into magneto from the right orbit misses if the ball isn't traveling at a certain speed. Is this normal behavior or is the diverter coil supposed to stay engaged longer than a split second?

my fault for not playing this much before tearing it down.

#11237 5 years ago

AH HA, nevermind.

I took the diverter out, but when reinstalling I tightened the plunger to far away from the coil stop via the alan screw.
sorry I've been thinking about this one for like a day, just get tired of dealing with issues sometimes ya know.

1 month later
#11268 5 years ago

question, when I got my X-Men there were two places bulbs weren't even installed. the slingshot plastic spot light and the blackbird scoop wedge light.
When I tried putting LED bulbs in them they didn't work. Finally found that non-premium bulbs work fine.

I tested the voltage on those sites and it tests out at 4.5 V (or there about's)
other sites on the game test out at 5V. I always assumed it was what the voltage was supposed to be with all the light boards and stuff, but someone brought up that maybe it's supposed to be 6.3 like most games other games. Does anyone know what the LED circuit Voltage is supposed to be on X-Men LE?

11 months later
#11581 4 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Ask and you shall receive...Xavier mode shots. I put this together last year with help from others on this thread.
--Luke
[quoted image]

thanks, that stupid mode always seemed like luck. Didn't know they were all designated to certain shots.
…. damn now I have to memorize all these little heads

#11584 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Did you know if you just hit Xavier again, the needed shot will light? Of course if you are like me, that shot shrinks by a good 40% once the mode starts, LOL!

Really?! ok, yeah that's a lot easier then memorizing those tiny heads.

Quoted from bballfan:

Another way to reveal the Xavier shot is to start a Villian mode prior to starting it if you have stacking enabled.
I usually start Shadow King then Xavier mode because they use the same shots

I was going threw some of the older parts of this thread and saw stuff about stacking, I just assumed it was part of the old code. Mine is on whatever the default settings are. Pretty sure I haven't been able to stack hero's. or do you mean villians with heros?

#11589 4 years ago

both of my night crawlers are stuck up.... assuming it's a fuse, but I've read this was a problem.
did anyone try to up the rating by maybe 1/2 amp?

6 months later
#11673 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The newton ball mod is less about the Beast shot and more about being able to start Wolvie MB too easily. A lot of times, you could start Wolvie MB by accident, instead of intentionally. With the newton ball mod, there has to be aim and intent in order to start Wolvie MB. It's probably the single best mod in any modern Stern.

Could be said the other way as well, you have to intentionally not try to hit wolverine.... but yeah its near impossible sometimes.
I left the wolverine in there, maybe if I played another with the mod but I worked to hard to get that switch to register at the right times.

Got this game just because the guy gave me a pretty good deal on it, had no intentions otherwise. It definitely surpassed my expectations, not a game you'd get bored of easily.

10 months later
#12001 3 years ago

has anyone had an issue on the LE with the spinning disk not spinning that well. It was barely spinning the balls, if at all during the start of a multiball. they would just stick on the pad and spin like half an inch and fall off. I took it apart cleaned it, but it's not much better. Cleaned up some metal and carbon debris, checked all the gears.... it looks like everything is rotating fine. I'm not sure if it has more to do with the commutator looking magnet in the center.

It's getting power, I went ahead and bought that portion of the mech again to compare. Mainly wanting to know why this specific one is having issue. The thing that sucks is you can't buy the individual portions of that part of the mech, you have to buy the whole thing .

#12003 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's why made me get the pro, fewer moving parts and things to break.

I get it, but it is kind of cool seeing the balls fly off that thing in different directions at the start of an MB.

#12005 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The LE is loaded. What’s on the pro?

It's just the magnet, without the spinning disc part.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.