(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12348 2 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of what they did for the e-clip mod on the Magneto spinner? I see that there is a good 1/8" play and that it vibrates up and down everytime the magnet is energized and makes that awful rattling sound. Can I simply install the e-clip without creating a groove for it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12350 2 years ago

Thanks, DugFreez ! That exactly what I wasn't able to find for some reason. I'm picking up some 5/16" e-clips today and we'll see how it goes.

I installed the Tmezel Newton Ball mod last night. After installing it and removing it 3 times I finally got it! Some tips for those heading into this:

- It is impossible to adjust the switch contacts once the mod is installed so I recommend adjusting it before final installation - Mount the new switch to the base and dry fit it with only the newton ball and ball bearing in place. You will have to squeeze the switch together to get it smoothly through the playfield notch. Check the switch gap and adjust as necessary, including a small gap between the small ball and the angled blade that it hits.

- Screwing the posts down through the playfield can be tough and you'll be tempted to grab some pliers to twist them down. Instead, use the screws that came with the mod to attach the top cover plate and screw them into the top of the post . Once they hit bottom it will turn the post and make it easy to screw the post all the way in using your screwdriver. Then take the screw out. Easy! I thought of this only after using pliers on the first one and scratching it pretty good.

Now to figure out how to mod and install the giant Wolverine on top of the mod or find a small one on Ebay...

#12357 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

the new sound mod code is a blast

Are you referring to the FatPanda mix?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gogojohnnyquack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=gogojohnnyquack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.