(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Because they have to recoup the cost of the investment in programming the tech and getting new boards made.
It will cost more.. how much who knows. I guessed pro's would go up 300. So Distro cost would now be 4100 instead of 3800

Distro Cost Already went up a while ago.. Hasnt been 3800 for quite a while.

#439 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

pmWolf said:I also really like the Stern IJ
I do 2! its one of my wife's favorite games and when people come over to player everyone loves that game. Maybe not the best rules, but it is fun to play

Sterns IJ is fun, but to easy to master.. Not nearly deep enough of a pinball

1 week later
#709 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Is it possible that they just ran one of the LE's with "regular" trim...because the powdercoated ones weren't ready yet, or something?
Pete

I agree... Because there is no flipper protectors.. or this is a mock up of a pro.

#888 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

chocky909 said:What details of the LEs are known? I thought it was all conjecture at this point?
300 Bad guys
300 Good guys

Thats not Set yet..

#939 11 years ago

Spinning disk looks like the Rumored Magnetic spinner such as Twister had.. That other part to the left of it sure does look like a subway to me though.

#940 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Spinning disk looks like the Rumored Magnetic spinner such as Twister had.. That other part to the left of it sure does look like a subway to me though.

Look at it further its metal (Duh magneto) why would a subway be Metal... Big Giant Ramp?

#978 11 years ago
Quoted from levcrush:

I was away from pinball during TRON LE, Transformers LE, and AC/DC LE releases, but the hype for this one sounds pretty crazy! Is this how they all were? Or is this one special? Xmen LE might sell out in record time!

Sure looking like it will.. My phone has been INSANE all day. It's 9:43 and I'm Still in the office working!

#979 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

pmWolf said:Is it possible it is a myst-multiball type of path, or would that look a lot different on a CAD?
I keep hearing that there are a TON of toys that are "ball interactive."
Spinning Disc Magnet would be one.
Raising Trolls (Sentinels) would be two and three (if you are generous with counting).
Something that connects the ramp (?) Four?
That path in the CAD? Is it something that interacts?
Attachments PF-Mid.jpg (208.9 KB, 0 downloads) 45 minutes old
Spinning disc/magnet
2nd Stationary magnet
2 pop up Nightcrawlers
Captive ball raising scoop
Moving 3rd ramp
Upper center ball lock (in the CAD show 4 balls held)
And a surprise or 2 (Wolverine toy ?)

Humm Moving 3rd ramp? This sounds interesting got more details on that?

#986 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

NimblePin said:I'm going to try some reverse psychology on Gary. If I show pics of Vodka maybe he'll show pics of X-Men! Well, that- or possibly his balls...
It's worth a shot! (crosses fingers)
"No balls no balls no balls..."
Attachments vodka-bar.jpg (64.6 KB, 0 downloads) 9 minutes old
If you guys shop Costco the kirkland vodka is really gray goose, I swear they told me in orientation and if you do your own research

Gary is a Stoli Guy.. Grey goose gets you no favors.. Dont ask me how I know

#990 11 years ago

Any Of the guys who I have Pm'ed me want to call my cell I'm still in the office and the phone has stopped for the time being. Call away

#1009 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I've been hearing that they are going to 250 a piece, instead of 300. I've heard it from more than one source...but I don't know if it is just misinformation that is being spread.
Any truth to the 250-per-LE? We've been hearing 300 all along...
I'm in for a Hero version. I'm still not sure why they'd go for an "Evil" version. My assumption is that there are an awful lot more "X-Men" fans than "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" fans.
Pete

I don't believe 300 of each is correct.....

#1014 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Gexchange said:pmWolf said:I've been hearing that they are going to 250 a piece, instead of 300. I've heard it from more than one source...but I don't know if it is just misinformation that is being spread.
Any truth to the 250-per-LE? We've been hearing 300 all along...
I'm in for a Hero version. I'm still not sure why they'd go for an "Evil" version. My assumption is that there are an awful lot more "X-Men" fans than "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" fans.
Pete
I don't believe 300 of each is correct.....
Less?

Less Is what I understand.. Don't want to post because I'm not sure its public yet.

#1020 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Can this thread get to 2000 posts? That's the questions.

My Bet is after the Announcement YES

#1023 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

SealClubber said:Not if I can help it. Closing it down.
That would be the most evil move ever.
=)

If He did that I would only allow him to order the Evil Version =)

#1045 11 years ago

I think I'm Finally catching up on Orders and PM's What a 3 day period!!!

If you got any questions feel free to PM me

#1047 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Gexchange said:I think I'm Finally catching up on Orders and PM's What a 3 day period!!!
If you got any questions feel free to PM me

I guess Stern didn't want you to have much of a weekend by releasing that video on Friday JJ!
Must have been crazy

Ya.. But a good crazy. I was in my office until past midnight last night and was still talking to guys on the phone on my way home! I'm Digging out now though!

#1051 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I foresee people selling their rights to the Wolverine LE and switching to the Magneto LE. The sales numbers between the two so far are VERY disparate, from the people in the know I have spoken with.

I think this will balance when the art work comes out.. Disclaimer I don't know anything you guys don't!

#1088 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I would rather there be no video mode. Most just aren't fun after the first couple of times.

Hey Sealclubber.. your wife called, she really wants an X-Men LE =)

#1229 11 years ago

I know my phones have been ringing off the hook since Thursday, Ive talked to so many of you guys I have lost my voice 3 times in 4 days!

#1254 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

pinball_customs said:I think you're missing the point.. my point is, Stern won't magically release a Premium a few years from now on any pin. There'd be too much anger and red tape involved. So don't get your hopes up
I'm not missing the point. Business is business and if Stern needs/wants money, I'm sure he would rather ruffle a few feathers and make the investors happy. If he announced Premiums now, he might risk losing the LE sales/profit boost.
What red tape? Stern makes pinball machines. If GS initially promises 500 LE numbered editions with real glass, coloured trim, etc. then that's great! They're special and always will be!
... but I don't see why the next batch couldn't have the same popping Nightcrawlers, spinning magno-disc, or whatever else is speculated, but with a translite and basics at the very least, if the customer-base demands it. It's an assumption, but I don't think IM Classic or Costco Batman sold very well, which the speculated XM Pro sounds like. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
Yes, I've convinced myself not to buy into the hype with high hopes that there will be a 'Pro Plus' re-run of sorts. If not, too bad for me and I'll only have opportunities to play X-men during TOPL.org league nights or at Playdium or the Playdium store, and stuck with $6800 in my pocket.

Iron Man Classic and Costco Batman were a very different animal. Crapper Cab, Non Coin Op, Very Stripped down. Pro is what a Pro has always been.. A Pinball for Coin-op, LE is more for Collectors and Enthusiasts. Go back and look at 24, CSI, Iron Man.... the XM pro has just as many features, but its over shadowed by the AMAZING LE versions.

#1258 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

From Stern FB page:
2 hours ago via mobile
Shooting photos.

Ive been F5'ing both of there pages for hours.. COMMON

#1268 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Are ramps metal? Give up on the premium guys.

In the Video is sure looks like that long one is. I suspect this is the moving one we have heard about

#1341 11 years ago

Sounds Like Tomorrow guys

#1427 11 years ago

Ive heard tomorrow afternoon, Man I hope its not midnight.. My phone would start ringing like crazy.. Ugg if it is someone call me

#1732 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

My perfect cabinet would have:

The Pro head.

The Pro Translite

The Wolverine Right Lower Cabinet

The Magneto Left Lower cabinet (Or the right...but flipped to the left).

The Pro front.

The Wolverine Blue Trim.

Since Stern is now using Decals.. You could do this. Order all the parts you want and re do the Cab.

#1794 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are they selling the decals separatly? What about the backglass? Thanks JJ!

I Know I can order a Pro Translight/backglass assm. Didn't think about the LE Decals so I would have to find out.. Guessing it won't be super easy. The LE Backglasses will be a big NO they are very protective of those as they should be.

#2032 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

LMAO I love the looks sound and all of TOTAN but im an X-Men and Wolverine fan 1st, he was always my Avatar since 2005. I dont know if Stern made a bet saying "I bet I can get Donny to sell his Totan with all thoes fancy and rare mods and poooof.

Yep... Because of you I owe Gary a Bottle Of Stoli! I told him NO way he loves his H.E.R TOTAN

#2096 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Anyone know if the factory is pumping these things out yet, or are they working on something else?

Nope Still Making AC/DC Last I heard. End of the Month Production Starts

#2192 11 years ago

I think I will just put this here.

photo_(2).JPGphoto_(2).JPG

#2199 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Good catch. That had better be an export.

I'm thinking they are building the ones for over seas right now.

#2210 11 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah thinking a little red in the dmd breaks it up now.
So JJ, any ship date updates?

Yes.. Sounds Like PRODUCTION of LE's for Domestic will start 7/5 so a few might ship on the 6th, but really expect shipments to start 7/11. They expect to be done with production by the end of the first week in Aug.

#2263 11 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

I have about 100 emails from you with the same photos , better check your end out . I got about 30 of the same email today .

Sounds like an Email Server Issue, probably on his side.

#2303 11 years ago

Here is the pic from FB

wolv1.jpgwolv1.jpg

#2691 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Last week JJ said we should wait a week before ordering our shaker motors, but did not say why that was. Has this reason been revealed?

Not Yet.. I Even Emailed Stern Regarding it today.

#2714 11 years ago

Not sure If this has affected Sterns production but they have only had power in half there building for the last 24 hours.

#2854 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Well, this should be tomorrow or Friday then!
Can any of the distributors chime in on how this works? Will Stern notify them on the same day or a day before they start shipping their orders? I would guess that by now all of the distributors would have all the machines completely paid for?

Usualy A day or two before they ship we get a weekly allotment, Ive already sent an email asking this morning but so far not answers

#2872 11 years ago

Sounds Like Production On Domestic Will Not Start Until Next Week.

Apparently Is Super Hot there, and Factory Floor has no A/C

#2927 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Here I am guys I have been very quiet for awhile, but I must say I am very impressed with what I see in the video so far; you heard it here first I am unboxing my wolvy le ")
DEREK
big bash in sunbury this saturday too; get ready for musketfest

Proof Or I call BS

#3145 11 years ago

We Might see an Unboxing Video this week, If not Early next week.

To those holding on Shakers things are sounding like they are moving forward, Hope to know by Wednesday at this point.

#3162 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sweet. I guess I need to figure out what to do about the shaker. Was it a group discount JJ was talking about for pre-orders?

It Something Stern is talking about doing. We all should start hearing more about it Wednesday. I don't want to say anything else other then Something might happen.

#3174 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I'm wondering if Stern will first send out to Distributors first or start drop shipping them first.
Mine will be drop shipped.
How did they do this on previous runs?

Thats up to the Distributor, you generly get an allocation each week based on the number you have ordered, and how early they ordered em.

#3175 11 years ago

Well Just heard from Stern, Shaker promo has been Delayed again.

Sorry Guys I have been trying hard.

#3177 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

JJ why not just email Terry at PBL and purpose a large group buy? He is out till the 12th though.

They all get the same pricing on parts as we do from Stern. So unless hes found another manufacture of shaker's There is no extra room in them.

#3179 11 years ago

I will have to get in touch with Terry then, Thanks.

#3251 11 years ago

I just got My Allocation numbers for this week! They are supposed to start shipping Thursday and Friday!

#3453 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Did you get the tracking number email?
I was told mine would ship today or tomorrow but I am still waiting on the official email. Although I got the email for my Modded up custom Tron so its going to be a crazy week in my basement : )

Your is shipping today, Tracking number tomorrow

#3457 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

LIFE IS GOOD!!!
Thanks
p.s. I picked the right distributor ; )

If the numbers come in tonight, I will try and get them send out tonight as well.. 50/50 if they will come in tonight or tomorrow morning but all are set for pickup.. (I would guess most have already been picked up already infact)

#3559 11 years ago

I think I got all my tracking numbers sent.. WHEW what a morning.

#3656 11 years ago

WOOOHOOO! I got it done!

Game Exchange Of Colorado Shaker Motor kit for Stern Pinballs Special! $175 Shipped FREE to Cont USA!

Full Shaker Kit Compatible with the below games
Elvis
Elvis Gold Edition
Spider-Man/Black Spider-Man
Indiana Jones
Batman/The Dark Knight
CSI
LOTR LE
NBA
Big Buck Hunter Pro
Iron Man Pro
Rolling Stones Pro
Rolling Stones LE
TRON Pro
TRON LE
Transformers Pro
Transformers Combo LE
Transformers Decepticon LE
Transformers Autobot LE
AC/DC Pro
AC/DC Premium
AC/DC Back In Black
AC/DC Let There Be Rock
We believe X-men, We are told its wired for it, Checking on Software to be sure first before I bet my life on it.

Kit includes:
Shaker motor with mounting bracket and wiring harness.
PCB board
Hard plastic cover
Mounting hardware
Cable ties
Cabinet Harness
Instruction sheet
Mounting template

#3664 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Great deal, but I'm astonished that we aren't even sure that XM will support a shaker!!

I believe it will, I just don't want to promise something I don't know my self to be a fact.

#3665 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Are these the same as the 'Revision B' Shakers?

yes

#3759 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am going to pick my Wolverine up at the hub at 3PM today. Screw waiting around for delivery.

Lol Can't Wait?

1 week later
#4457 11 years ago

Anyone know who's LED's Stern is using for GI and Such in AC/DC and X-men? They don't look like coin takers to me

#4461 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

They look *exactly* like Cointakers to me.

Found em! Yep under double led's I had never seen them there!

Glad to see they are using a good quality source

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gexchange.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=gexchange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.