(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11173 5 years ago

I'm fairly new to the club, but absolutely LOVING this game. Grabbed a Magneto LE a couple weeks ago. Great shots, great rules, amazing features. Question for other LE owners - on my game, the original 2-LED GI bulbs were all either really dull, half burnt, or totally burnt out. I went through and replaced them all (making sure to get the correct colors everywhere) with 2-SMD frosted bulbs from Comet. Man, what a difference!! The game looks absolutely amazing now! has anyone else had to do this? What the heck was wrong with those stock LED's??

IMG_6779 (resized).jpgIMG_6779 (resized).jpg

IMG_6782 (resized).jpgIMG_6782 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#11213 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I rejoined the X-Men Club tonight with a Magento LE #246

Hey, not 100% positive, but it looks like all your GI was replaced with white bulbs in your Magneto LE. The GI should be red, white, and blue, and they're all controlled to light the game with different colors depending on what mode / hero / villain you are in. Color locations are in the manual, and I believe the wiring is color coded as well to make it easy. If I were you, I'd take a look at that and go back to the original lighting - much better effect. I used 2-SMD frosted bulbs from Comet in all the GI, and it's lit perfectly.

3 weeks later
#11235 5 years ago

+1 for a single wrap of electrical tape

2 months later
#11373 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Anyone else ever experienced an issue with the flippers going dead in the middle of the game? I’ve had it happen twice

Check your trough optos and the connectors going to them. I believe this is a result of the game thinking the ball drained...

1 month later
#11427 5 years ago

Quick question regarding the Magneto ball lock - sometimes when "LOCK" is flashing Magneto will not lock a ball with an up-the-middle shot on the first or second attempt. It grabs the ball perfectly, holds for a second, but then releases it. If the "LOCK" is hit from one of the side shots, it always holds. I have tested all the switches in Magneto and the trough, and they all function perfectly. Is there something I should be looking for, or is this just a part of the code that doesn't allow a quick shot to be locked straight up the middle?? Thanks.

#11429 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You've tested the switches with a ball on the playfield? It should lock a ball up the middle when lit for lock. Did you test in the menu or in-game? Try to see what switches are registering with a ball and go from there. If the switch activates with a ball, hold the ball on the switch to make sure the switch stays active where the ball would sit with the posts up (obviously done in test).

OK thank you. All switches test good in the switch-test. The one thing I have not done is hold a ball on the first magneto switch and see if it stops registering. I'll do that tonight.

But if that switch is flaky, why would it always work with a shot from one of the side shots? This is what is really baffling me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmieczko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=dmieczko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.