(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craigc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8289 10 years ago

I've swapped the left post on iceman and the right post on the left ramp with a metal WMS post and a blue cliffy post sleeve. This has helped these shots feel nice and satisfying.

I've also adjusted the right orbit ball guide so that the ball nicely rolls down the flipper instead of just in front of it. This has made a huge change in my ball times and my enjoyment of this game.

Totally dig it. Bring on Deadpool!

-c

7 months later
#9088 9 years ago

I like my X-Men pro way more than Tron and there are plenty of Trons in our league to play. Tron does have better audio and the LE definitely has a better light show.

I guess i like games where you can choose different ways to play. With X-Men you can make whatever shots you want to start that hero, choose villians, go for combos, multiball whatever. Tron seems to have a more system 11 style ruleset where it's more simplistic.

-c

3 months later
#9345 9 years ago

any update on the xmen sound project?

has anyone done any mods on the large center insert?

-c

#9352 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Is it really? Was any significant progress made?

what killed it?

-c

1 week later
#9454 9 years ago

Keep it. I really dig the Pro. I can't wait for the captive ball mod as that will help the xavier and beast shots to help the game flow like butter.

-c

3 weeks later
#9530 9 years ago

It would be cool we could impart the traveler ball's motion into movement that could be used to move a figure on top of the assembly. Though it could make it even harder to start weapon X .

-c

3 months later
#9707 8 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Sometimes when Magneto goes to release one ball, two will fall out. The game knows there are 2 balls in play and will hold on to one if it goes back in to Magneto or go back to regular one ball play if I lose one.
Is there a good way to prevent this from happening?

something has to be amiss with the lock switches in magneto. make sure that the ball sits nicely on the gate mech and that the switches register correctly. I had to make the 1st switch more sensitive as it was pushing the ball too far to the right which caused a lot of lock problems.

-c

1 week later
#9732 8 years ago

Any thoughts as to what is the best wolverine replacement with the captive ball mod?

The bank looks ok, wondering if there is something better.

Thanks,

-c

3 weeks later
#9841 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Until I see a full sized Wolverine that looks good on the captive ball mod I wont do it. I got the Wolverine LE for a reason and he needs to remain as a playfield focal point for me.
That being said, after browsing ebay I like these two options alot:
ebay.com link » New Wolverine Masked Bust Bank
ebay.com link » Wolverine Bust Paperweight
The paperweight would be cool if you could make hitting the X like hitting the captive ball.

the bank is about the same size as the original figure. the paperweight is the best option i found but seems very brittle. source: i bought both.

-c

#9858 8 years ago

I've just installed the mezelmods bracket and modded the wolverine paperweight to fit in the game.

here is what i've found and my suggestions (typing this up very quiclky with limited time):

1) the posts that come in the mezelmod kit are too short and thin for the playfield and will not be able to be nutted correctly from the bottom. I swapped these out for #8 rubber posts and hammered these in from the top side (rock solid). I also had to drill out the base plate so that it could fit over the larger post thickness.

2) you can use titan rubber posts on the front 2 posts and the thinner black supplied posts on the back 2 posts and everything works fine.

3) If i take the bracket out again i will change how the switch is mounted. there is not enough length in the screws to mount it properly. i will switch the screws out for longer #6 machine screws and a threaded backing plate so that the switch can be removed without having to drop the pop bumper bracket.

4) i switched the leaves of the switch around so that the outside (towards the pop bumper) switch gets pressure from the inner tensioning leaf. the way the switch is shipped is more for a NC (normally closed) switch.

5) i took the wolverine bust and sawed him off where he meets the base. i then drilled a hole up through the middle of the figure and hogged the bottom out a bit to fit over a #6 nut. i then drilled a hole in the center of the 3d printed top piece that fits over the captive ball, pushed a #6 2" threaded screw through the hole and secured it with a locktited #6 nut. The wolverine figure was tapped and then threaded onto the rod.

I worry about the longevity of the bust as it's made from a non-flexible chaulky plaster like material. if it gets a good ball hit it will break. i will make a plastic piece to go on top of the base to help prevent balls popping up from the captive ball.

The sensitivity of the captive ball is awesome on mine and i can get wolverine hits from the upper flipper (difficult, but possible) and off center shots no problem.

I didnt have a ton of time for game play last night but in quick practice it feels awesome and the xavier shot is a nice solid shot instead of the frustrating mess it was before. hopefully will have more time for play tonight.

-c

#9859 8 years ago
Quoted from onetaste:

I've just joined the Xmen LE (Wolverine) club, I'm excited about where this game might take me, it looks like it has some nice deep rules without being a long player like LOTR or SM.
I'm having a problem with the LED above the blackbird scoop. Every 10 mins it keeps popping out. I suspect that someone has put short posts under the plastic that the LED attaches to, consequently it is flush against the scoop (see images). If I'm right, can someone take a photo of their xmen scoop and the posts?
Thanks, onetaste

image.jpg image_1.jpg

you're missing the piece that says black bird that mounts under the top piece with spacers. i'm not near my machine but can take a pic later.

#9861 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

One of the arms broke off my paperweight wolverine from a ball hit. I bought a new figure but too lazy to remove the old one. I did replace my magnet core as it started to mushroom and was causing air balls.

i like the figure, would be great to have one molded from the bust out of plastic that would be more durable. it's too bad that the marvel/sony xmen toy war is going on and they aren't making any good wolverine action figures.

anyone want to make a plastic molded version of this and paint it? i would definitely be a buyer

-c

#9864 8 years ago

Here are some pictures from my phone without flash and my battery was dying. I'm spending some time enjoying being able to see the shots now the giant blue and yellow torso is gone.

Here's the view from the top side.
20150713_201459.jpg20150713_201459.jpg

Bracket from bottom

20150713_201714.jpg20150713_201714.jpg

Different post lengths. The kit posts are in the middle. These fit in the hole loose and would have just come out of the plastic base plate over time. The thicker longer posts are the way to go and will limit everything moving around.

20150713_202145.jpg20150713_202145.jpg

Bonus black bird mod with flex purple bulb from pinball life. I spun the black socket around and bent the leads around to each side. Looks great without looking at the exposed bulb
20150713_201509.jpg20150713_201509.jpg

-c

#9869 8 years ago

Any word if a color DMD will be available? This would be a no brainer insta-purchase for me.

-c

#9873 8 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

"Here are some pictures from my phone without flash and my battery was dying. I'm spending some time enjoying being able to see the shots now the giant blue and yellow torso is gone.
That game looks great.

i'm glad i could out-source part of your game room

-c

9 months later
#10309 7 years ago

I will have an xmen pro for sale at patz tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craigc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=craigc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.