(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Dude_Abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

what with hand drawn art

I thought someone in the know said it would not be hand drawn art am I wrong?

#279 11 years ago

I personally think Stern is shooting themselves in the foot with the 4 version model. While it seems to work now we will have to see if it works as well as the JJP model of focusing all efforts on premium and LE models.

I think that saves cost of designing 3 to 4 models and also saves time which can be dedicated to quality control, optimal layout, & software. While it is cool to have a lower cost option I think they could save time & money focusing on 2 and offer them at a better overall value to the customer. Plus if you make 1000 LEs instead of 500 there seems to be a better profit for the manufacturer in comming up with a tricked out version. I don't think Stern will change their ways unless made to so I guess wll see how it works out. I hope X-Men is awesome (all 4 models ).

#322 11 years ago

Just because they are still in business does not mean that their business model should not change with the times. Less routed pins means less need for stripped down Pro models IMO. Premium and LE would be perfect for the home market.

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Well seeing as all the other pinball companies are out of business they seem to be doing something right.

We will see what they do and how it works out for them but times are changing pretty quickly in the Pinball universe. To stay successful in times of change companies many times need to adjust their business model to stay alive that is the point I am making. At the very least I think they should continue the Premium model on their future releases.

Quoted from smassa:

There will always be a need for a route model. I'm sure more then half their sales are still for comercial use.

I highly doubt that now and am even more skeptical about that statement in the coming years.

Quoted from RobT:

If they thought they could make more money by doing something else, including what you suggest, you can be sure that they would be doing it. Why wouldn't they? Just to screw with you?

You are assuming that companies always will make the right decision to increase profits. Many times they don't and the business goes under or does not reach maximum profitability. It is a different opinion neither mine, Baiter's, or yours is fact just different takes on the issue.

#399 11 years ago

Agree to disagree I guess. I and others think they should always offer premium and are leaving some dollars behind with such limited LE runs. And for the record I could care less about the Tron LE I love the game but decided not to get it when it came out and am fine not having it now.

1 week later
#1186 11 years ago

A few years back I would of agreed with you Drano. But now with pins on location becoming rarer and a huge increase in the home use market the pro really equates to a dumbed down version for those that can not fund an LE. Just sayin...

#1673 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Agreed... I'd really prefer a "Premium" machine with that artwork to be honest

+2 on that. I think the art on the playfield looks good and the layout looks pretty nice as well. There is a lot going on for sure hope it plays great.

#1676 11 years ago

With all the machines made there are inevitably going to be similarities with layouts. It seems like we have this type of comparison for almost every new release. I find that even when I think some pins have a similar layout when it comes to gameplay they are much different. With multiple magnets, targets in different spots and shots in the middle of the field that just don't hit targets and stop it will likely play much differently IMO.

#1699 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

That would be cool....but I see FOUR screws on Nightcrawler...one for each corner, upper and lower.

Not sure if it is designed to move.

Could still work if it was all attached to one board straight on top with hings but spring on bottom so bottom moves in allowing ball to drop in. Not saying that is how it is at all just throwing it out there.

1 week later
#2083 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

We're not all pinball gods out here. Throw us a bone to keep us coming back...

+4 on that.

#2207 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice! Magneto kicks ass!

I agree that cab looks pretty bad ass.

#2269 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Here's a couple examples of mine:

If you don't mind me asking where did you get the red flipper bats for your SM?

#2283 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

so in the end I just made them, Krylon spraypaint and a few layers at that and they turned out really well.

Well played, I may just have to give that a try they look good in your pics. Thanks for breaking it down for me charles.

#2543 11 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

An ex-Stern employee seems to think it has something to do with the rules.

Keep in mind that ex-employee is now working for the competition. I take comments made by competitors regarding each other with a grain of salt. That said, it would be nice if someone from Stern provided an explanation rather than just yank the picture and pretend it never happened.

Quoted from BackFlipper:

Is it just me, or does that look like a two-color DMD?

Yea it kind of does to me as well. Could be just the shading but either way I like the effect.

#2754 11 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics and observations for us TL.

#2773 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

For the record, Stern has in mind of a LCD the size of about the Sega DMD days. Think Baywatch, Frankenstein, Batman Forever size. Slightly narrower. So they would keep the traditional translite.

That is exactly what I was hoping for. The screen would fit nicely with a backglass can't wait to see the first one roll out. Maybe time to start putting some money aside.

1 week later
#3180 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I am almost positive PBL shakers are not from stern and of his own source. I know the pcbs are 3rd party units.

I did not know that at all. Is there any difference in quality that anyone has noticed?

1 week later
#3894 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If you are looking for another suggestion: Attainable Wizard Mode.

I got to agree with you here Pete. I am not going to cheat and if you make a wizard mode that only masters can get to then the vast majority of us are not going to be able to experience the thrill of it. I think the difficulty to get to SM Wizard Mode is a perfect balance of difficulty/attainability.

I am on the other side of the spectrum as you Baiter. After I reach a wizard mode if it is fun to play I want to try to get to it and play it again and again. The Pins that have a WM that you can own for 10 years and never experience unless you are a master doesn't make sense to me. As always to each their own.

2 weeks later
#4772 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To me it is absolutely unacceptable to release a pin that has obvious problems with the scoring. That one seems pretty basic and obvious. I just don't see an excuse for it.

I agree, totally unacceptable and it kind of shows a bit of disrespect to customers IMO.

#4775 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Borg is not programming the game... the guys programming the game are there and jamming on it. Let Borgie have a week off!

No where in my statement do I call out Borg in particular or indicate he is doing the programing (since I already know that is not the case). I am calling out the Stern team for releasing code that had scoring errors/problems. Not sure how your response applies to my post.

#4791 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry, dude - I thought you were responding to the vacation thing...my apologies.

It's all good. Are you thinking of picking up an X-Men rarehero?

1 week later
#5790 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not turning it into a Pro vs LE. People have preferences, and tend to defend their opinions. Nobody should take offense...both games look and play great.

Well said sir! I couldn't agree more they are both great games just because some may like the Pro doesn't mean the LE owners should take offense just enjoy your game that is all that maters. It is near a $2600 difference and if some like the art and package on the Pro along with game play then more power to them that is great it should not piss LE owners off that some bought the Pro and absolutely love it. Pro is out on location in certain areas and does not feel cheap at all.

Regarding the Pro lighting affects I may be looking into this a bit more when I am able to get some more play time on it. I believe the GI goes off for a second or a few lights not ordinarily lit will turn on at certain times. If the GI goes off on certain shots then you can very likely use the PIG to wire a few lights to the GI and use the inverter switch on the PIG unit to tell that string to light when the GI is off. If a few lights go on during a certain shot that aren't ordinarily on you can use the PIG to light a string when those are on. That would create a cool look that is interactive with gameplay.

#5846 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

One thing that annoys me is if I nail beast and the ball is moving fast to the right flipper, I nail storm ramp, a good portion of the time the ball goes smoothly up the ramp to the upper left quick turn, binds up, and comes back down. Never happens if I pitch to the upper flipper via cyclops (ball moving slower).

I noticed this as well. I saw it was mentioned raising the height of the ramp cover may help. You think putting down a small strip of felt tape would pad and slow down the ball a little to prevent this? I used this trick for the upper left ramp on BF to prevent ball from going too fast and flying off the wire rails and it worked like a charm with no negative effects that I could notice.

#6060 11 years ago

Guys I enjoy reading both your posts most of the time. Here you both disagree and that is okay. Please let it go and lets continue discussing other aspects of this cool pin.

#6114 11 years ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I was wondering what everyone thought of the pro vs LE edition and if I wanted to buy one of the versions where is the best place to buy one. I live in the Detroit area but I am assuming these are typically bought online. Thanks everyone for all your information.

Well I really enjoyed both models each very fun pins IMO. I played both a decent amount and if your into the comic X-Men then it should be right up your alley. I came away really loving how the Pro played a lot and am getting one of them. I liked the overall artwork on the Pro cabinet, back box, and backglass they did a great job on it IMO. Less features then the LE but also will likely be much less problematic as far as having to fix things as well. That's something to think about since it will be your first pin. Like Donnyman I bought mine through Gexchange.

#6223 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This was the idea that Smassa already mentioned. Many of us love this idea.

I agree that would be cool. It would be awesome if they implemented this type of thing and also added a mini wizard mode. If they did both that could make for one of the coolest rulesets out there.

#6285 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Original plan was this week dunno if that changed.

Updating the code 1.3 would be nice especially with all these technical difficulties people are having with the pin. And please make sure to update the code for the Pro as well Stern. Don't give the haters more fuel or supporters reason to jump ship. Stand by your product and make it the best it can be.

#6309 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

What, Thats what Borg told me. I dunno if that changed. Jesus. I will just keep it to myself then.

Don't do that AkumoZeto if you heard something please do share it with us. Do you know if the update(s) to come will include the Pro Version? I remember you saying you're getting one so figured you may know.

#6318 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If there are remaining bugs I would imagine Stern would address them.

Yea I think they better start making sure all models get 100% of the bugs worked out going forward. Otherwise pinheads may start looking elsewhere to get their pins.

#6403 11 years ago

I agree the voice of beast should be redone and I think they will. Storm if not redone could definitely be adjusted a bit volume wise IMO.

#6485 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

it did seem like it had started over.

That is a bit anticlimactic. I hope they address this in future code releases and create an ending to the completed mode that would at least let you know you have accomplished something.

#6540 11 years ago

To each their own, not every pin will be for everyone or be condusive to their playing style so they may just have tough time with it. I do hope they update the software for the Pro though.

#6610 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Fake Mylar? Isn't that, like, scotch tape?

I beleive he is refering to Vinyl static cling like pinball pal used to sell. Provides similar protection as mylar without the mess/difficulty if you want to remove it.

#6614 11 years ago

Sorry I got that wrong although we may be talking about the same type of product. Just for clarification thin static cling Vinyl has worked very well for me. Here is a thread with more info for this includes link to buy Frisket Film Gloss on Amazon with free shipping.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-vinyl-protector-sheets

#6656 11 years ago

Have to agree with Eskaybee. I am not a fan of Wizard modes that none elite players will never see or reach. I hope the update makes adjustments to make Dark Pheonix a reachable mode (not easy) but reachable for an average owner to reach at least once every year or two.

#6746 11 years ago

Hey it is all good Rob not everyone will like the same pins. If I don't love playing a pin it's got to go sooner or later. I can't imagine getting a pin before I play it although that will happen with Predator so I guess us pinball addicts will take our chances when compelled to. I think some of the call outs could use some definite improvement and software refinement is needed.

That said, I love X-Men it is just flat out fun to me. I like it better than Tron (thats right I said it and mean it) and many other great pins as well. I know I may be in the minority there and that is okay the only one that has to love the pins I own is me. Good luck finding it a new home and finding another pin that you just can't stop playing.

#6762 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, totally going off on a tangent here....but I find it really strange that the most popular (in terms of units produced) game ever made seems to be hated by most collectors I know. Why is this?

I've gone from hating it to respecting it but still far from loving it. If that makes any sense at all.. For me I think the layout and a lack of variety of shots for having so many flippers. Definitely not one of those great flow pins. Being so dark also pisses me off from time to time even though I know it's part of the theme.

#6795 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm waiting on an xmen pro to play before I definately pull the trigger, never have I been so undecided and unsure of a pin as I have with xmen, I think people are falling out of love like Rob T (btw Rob I'm not putting words into your mouth, just an observation from a pro purchaser in wait) because the hype train was so huge to begin with on this game and look at this thread nearly what 7000 posts, at one point pinsides first page was covered in xmen threads I know recently I've felt a little burnt out on xmen and i haven't even got my pro yet, I mAybe in the minority but apart from when acdc is goin to get a code update the pinball world seems to be all xmen and I definatley feel a little worn out with it already.

I have to say calling people excited over a release being a 'hype train' is funny to me. So from now on when people are excited about a release and pin they get it is all hype? I personally like when people are excited about a new release it shows that pinball is alive and well.

I would definitely recommend playing it first as I did. But to jump to a conclusion that a pin is not what people expected or isn't good because a few owners that got it were disappointed is somewhat short sighted. No pin is ever going to be liked by everyone that is a fact.

#6798 11 years ago

I hear you Jon. I did not really even look at the threads until I played it and loved it so maybe I didn't get the full dose as some did. I honestly thought there was no way I would get this release and would instead wait to see what was next for Stern and JJP. Then I played it and got hooked. To me and it is only my opinion it is without a doubt the funnest Borg creation I have played and I do really enjoy playing many of his pins.

#6809 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Yup, I get that more than airballs. It must be getting air under it and getting caught in the gate, which bends back a bit and catapults it back down. It's sooooo f'ng fast you can't really see whats going on.

I noticed that on the test Pro model at Pacific Pinball as well. Hopefully one of us pinheads after tweaking a few things can come up with an adequate solution to this problem.

#6829 11 years ago

Well I have to disagree with you on the flow aspect jimjim. I would put X-Men in the good flow category. I can definitely see why you have the opinion that it is not though. It is not one of those flow pins that have shots in an open fan type of layout it is more crowded and the shots are a bit tougher to pull off together. That said, when you are hitting your shots this pin is very fast and flows very well IMO.

To me it is like a hybrid layout that rewards you if you hit your shots with some very fast flow but is not given you have to earn it. I would say it's a shooters pin with a good variety of shots that require a decent amount of percision. As always though I respect your opinion on it just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

#6852 11 years ago

Well put jimjim. I guess I have to agree to agree now. If only we could get some code that rewarded us amply for hitting those tight fast combos....

#6915 11 years ago

Okay if you don't like the pin fair enough. I have heard many of the criticisms and I do not share many of those views and that is okay nothing wrong with being excited about a pin. Please stop with the predictions of prices or that there is some sort of fire sale when there is not. The truth is no one knows how the community views it within the first year. SM took a long time and some code updates to get the respect it does today.

I could care less who or even why some are selling, I'm really enjoying the game now and can't wait for an update for it. I think once the code is complete and some time goes by this pin will get the respect it deserves from the community. And if not, I'm still going to enjoy playing it nontheless. It's all good if you don't like it but to keep harping on it just gets a little old.

#6928 11 years ago

Sell it and be done with it Rob. It is a discussion board but when people such as yourself keep stating your opinion over and over on threads where many owners (that like the pin) come to talk about their new pin it does get old and can be taken too far. Review your last comments in all the different X-Men threads you have stated your view on it more that a few times pretty clearly and without any negative comment by me in reply. Please don't become one of those that just try to start arguments. I let people voice their opinions without any issue. The problem becomes when people don't let it go and continue to try and take over a thread.

As far as being a moderator I think most pinsiders think we do a great job and are thankful that we are here. We don't get paid but have to deal with some seriously silly situations/pinheads on a regular because we care for the site.

#6930 11 years ago

I edited my statement not trolling you just like to be difficult sometimes and I won't be pulled in. It seems like you like doing that to some pinsiders and I don't see why. I don't read every single post and have to try and monitor so many that it is crazy so a little slack please. Your lack of respect for me is evident and that is fine not the first or last time a fellow pinsider has tried to get my goat.

Your accusations that I constantly have negative comments in response to those that don't like the pin is rediculous. But I do not hold grudges as some seem to so I will let it go. I actually can see why some don't care for the pin it definitely is defferent and unpridictable which can be frustrating.

If you want to continue to state your opinion over and over then go ahead. I think it is unappropriate to try and take over a thread with negativity but if that is what you feel you must do to enjoy your time here then have at it. I am done with the conversation seems like you always like to have the last say on things so go ahead.

#7070 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

despite what TheDudeAbides says.

What a class act... I'd appreciate you keeping me out of your posts I will do the same for you.

Had family and friends over this weekend all really enjoyed it what a fun pin! My brother said it may be his new favorite I was surprised how much they enjoyed playing it. Love the lighting effects with flasher in magneto and storm backboard. Artwork is great and the gameplay is just crazy unlike any other pin I've played. Enjoying it very much glad to see some others are as well that's what pinball is all about.

#7089 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Was thinking about this more and more specifically, it would be cool be to have any lit hero (completed or not) reduces shots in villain modes (equates to more damage for Juggernaut, Sentinels, fewer heroes "captured" by Omega Red, etc). Completed heroes (not just lit) add bonuses to the villain mode scoring. Should probably be working instead of thinking about pinball...

You have some great ideas pouring out of ya work can wait. I agree they are missing a big opportunity to add cohesion and fun to the game if they do not incorporate something like this into it.

It would be cool if they had the Xavier shot pause the timer on some villains for 10 to 15 seconds and if you hit a particular shot within that time period a larger than normal amount of damage is done. They also should work on incorporating combos into scoring and mode completion better. I do think Hellfire and Brotherhood should be a bit more attainable.

#7102 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You have to hit those targets when there is no other mode going. That's almost never of course.

Yeah it would be nice for Hellfire and Brotherhood hits to count in modes. Maybe if they just didn't count hits during multi-ball modes but counted in all other modes that would make them a bit more attainable but still not too easy.

#7178 11 years ago
Quoted from NJ-Pinball:

Looking to purchase a New X-men, where should I go?

I would get quotes from JJ at the Game Exchange of Colorado and Trent at Tilt Amusements.

#7241 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Friend at PPE said they announced that Lyman will be helping out. That's great news for us xmen owners.

This is great news indeed! Thanks to Lyman and the Stern crew for continuing to perfect the X-Men code.

#7310 11 years ago

Well I think Stern continuing to perfect code is very important for all models. Most people will play the Pros on location it's important to put your best foot forward for the players judging your pins.

It is cool that Stern has switched gears recognized the home buying audience and is now communicating regarding code updates. As long as the powerpack kicks ass I could care less about the wording used to tell me it is coming.

#7317 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I was immediately reminded of my disappointment of last years power pack. And now xmen is going to get the same attention, or rather lack of attention. Why can't we just get a normal update like ACDC got paying attention to detail of rules, modes, and scoring?

I feel you there the powerpacks better be substantial especially for a pin like X-Men. If not I will be very disappointed. The code for X-Men if perfected has the potential to be awesome. I was encouraged when it was mentioned that Lyman would help out a bit to ironing out the code. Seems like Stern may be getting it that sub par code will not fly with the home owner crowd.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I bet you we will see stacking, more reasonable villain battles,

Yes please give us more reward for combos with options for stacking and for a deep pin like this villain progression would be a welcome adjustment. I really do hope that Stern has turned a corner and will now put a much bigger emphasis on completing the code for their customers.

I was wondering if you needed to successfully complete all the villains to get to Dark Phoenix?

#7319 11 years ago

All models need to have complete code. I think it would be huge step backwards if they started to say okay more pinball fans will likely play the Pro model but lets take out necessary code features so the LE owners can feel special. They can bling out the LE with lighting, trim, art, and maybe a few more features without gutting the Pro models code.

#7370 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You played the Pro. What was disappointing about it? I like the LEs the best, but I played the Pro at PPE and thought it held its own....still feels realy nice with great ramp shots and combos.

Well I know a lot of pinheads that have had decent time on both prefer the way the Pro looks and plays myself included. More than a few local pinheads that don't own either liked the feel of the Pro better. Not trying to start a back and forth argument at all just my opinion. I say play both see which you like better.

Sorry you didn't care for it methos. At least there are plenty of other pins to spend money and time on if you don't like this release.

#7377 11 years ago

To each their own Rarehero just wanted to show the other side of the coin and point out some do actually prefer the Pro and there is nothing wrong with that. As long as pinball is being enjoyed that is all that matters.

3 weeks later
#7478 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I do hope they tone things down to make the endgame more attainable. Don't make mode-finishing mandatory...but give some incentive for those that do.

Couldn't agree more with you on that one pmWolf. I hope Waison does not confuse creating impossible to beat code with what good coding is. It is very possible to create great code that an average player may see once a year. Making it impossible to accomplish does not make it great code and to me as a player I don't really like it when programmers do this.

1 week later
#7538 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You've got to intentionally go after those targets on the right if you want to qualify the Brotherhood Multiball.
Pretty much ignore all else...those targets don't count during a mode or multiball.
Pete

Good point, you definitely need to take your shots at the targets as often as you get the chance out of any mode. With practice you can actually get pretty good at hitting them even combo hellfire over to brotherhood. Or hit brotherhood have it fly up and back down to hit it twice with one shot it is kind of fun to try and master those shots and preventing a drain by hitting them just right.

Quoted from jimjim66:

Game is so quick and random, I have balls flying everywhere causing LEDs to pop out of their sockets all the time.

Yea I had to tape some in certain areas to their socket with duct tape none have come out since.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The bulbs at the back were 555. Changed to blue as no purple. May add a couple of white or alternate. Anyone else fiddled with these??

I don't know what area your talking about can you be more specific? Under Sentinel plastic or on top of back board storm area?

#7558 11 years ago

Award us for these tough to hit combos with multipliers or at least something. Make completing the Villains worth more and have the number of completed Hero's do extra damage on Villains. Make Brotherhood and Hellfire hits register while playing Villain modes as well as when no modes are running. Give us a mini wizard mode like Dead Pool.

This is a tough playfield with a lot of unpredictability please find ways to ease up on the difficulty of the software a bit. Not saying make it easy by any means just some tweaks to make it a more balanced and approachable. I get that this is a players pin but a very tough playfield like this combined with unreasonably hard code could really negatively affect the popularity of this title.

3 months later
#7624 11 years ago

Wow, why take out great content in an update? With the rumored pogression they are working on for villains I am hoping that Dark Phoenix may actually be attainable. Not sure why programers spend time making modes people will never see without cheating. Really annoying.

4 months later
#7692 10 years ago

White rubbers on XM is what nightmares are made of. This is one of the last pins I would ever think of putting white in due to how bouncy they are. 2 Magnets and super slings last thing I need are white rubbers bouncing the ball like crazy as well. As always to each their own I know many prefer the white rubbers.

#7710 10 years ago

I couldn't be happier to see this pin get a little redemption after the rocky start. I always loved the layout and thought it deserved a lot more respect but was never sure it would recover from it's problems during the release. It's awesome that many seem to be really loving it now.

#7734 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Each set is the perfect length for the LE ramp, but you can cut them into sections and it might fit the pro as well with some patience.

I've put the icicles on my Pro it will fit and looks very nice with some cutting and a bit of patience. Cool idea I'm glad I ran across your post to get it done nice touch. Thanks for posting it for us.

#7736 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

How did you gents wire them to light up. Or are they just cosmetic ?

Just cosmetic looks pretty cool IMO.

#7752 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I bought all premium non ghosting from cointaker to prevent ghosting. I used mainly 2 led bulbs with a blend of frosts for the sides GI and rear GI.

I really like the 2 LED premium bulbs and the caps that come with them. Not too intense while providing good illumination. Hope you are enjoying your new pin!

#7767 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My wife wanted me to post this pic. It's me and our son hard at work. In the spirit of 4th of July, we were wearing our superman shirts

Good call by the wife that pic is absolutely awesome!!

#7776 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Man, I don't remember this game being this hard. It's kicking my ass! Lol. What position do you guys have your outlanes at? Right now I'm at factory; middle left, open right.

On mine I resisted for a while but now have them set tight as can go. I found I prefer the inlanes all the way in on this crazy ass pin.

#7802 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now that I think about it; I wonder if my pitch has anything to do with it. I have mine at about 6.9 deg pitch. I'll try dropping it down some and see if that helps.

Yea no real need to crank the pitch up on this title IMO. Mine is at 6.5 and it plays very well. Wolverine magnet does not always catch the ball but does so more then not.

#7824 10 years ago

If your having that erratic behavior on magnets and Nightcrawler then you should contact Stern and your distributer sooner rather than later DugFreez.

#7828 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm about to pick up an Xmen Pro tomorrow. Do the Pro boards have issues too, or just the LE boards?

No the Pros don't have the aux boards that has given many LE owners grief. That one in SF is a good deal especially with all the mods that come with it.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I haven't heard of anyone having an aux board problem in awhile.

It was the boards not the code. Stern has released revised boards that seem to be working. I do remember an owner saying a week ago that he recently needed to get a new aux board. I can't remember what thread that was in though.

#7892 10 years ago

Yea great feature having the ready Villain multiballs only require one hit to re-light villain. Adds strategy and accessibility to the modes. Hope they keep that in the code till the end because it is great.

#7899 10 years ago

Hey guys I know this has been covered but can someone help me out? What type of LEDs should I put in for under the Magneto figure (the stock one blew out) and the Magneto spot light? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

#7902 10 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

The one inside Magneto is a 89 twist in style.It's not easy to change that one.
You should send Zdoor the figures to repaint while it's apart.

Thanks for the info! I already have Zdoors painted figures but do need to add HemiOrange09 Magneto mod before I go through the process of removing the figure though. The figure will be reinstalled using museum putty to hold it down so it will be easier to remove in the future.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

The one pointing at magneto; I used a red CT flat 8 906. I haven't replaced the one inside him yet. Curious to know.

Thanks for helping a dude out Eskaybee.

#7909 10 years ago

Yeah I've been as far as all but two Villains completed with both villain multiball jackpots achieved. So I guess it is possible but I don't have that type of game often so it's an uphill battle. Sure would help to have 25 combos actually light extra ball especially on the Pro.

1 month later
#7933 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Woot! 7901 posts. 99 to go til 8000!
That said; I gotta say xmen is becoming one of my favorite pins, possibly even a top 3. Dare I say a top 1 or 2? Hope the next update is soon and goooooooood (p.s- save your 1.3 code somewhere lol).

Totally with you on that. It's an addictive pin that demands your full attention and challenges your hand eye coordination. Seriously, the ball can change directions at speed in a blink of an eye with the magnets. Love the layout and can't wait for the next update!

#7940 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Honestly, I'm pleased with the code as it is now. I would never get to a super wizard mode anyway which is i guess what dead pool would be.

Come on Tiger don't let them off the hook that easy. The game as is right now is incomplete and it has been over a year now. No extra ball for 25 combos, no deadpool ect. Don't get me wrong I love the game to but am a bit tired of waiting to them to make things right with those that went through this roller coaster and FINISH THE CODE! Especially with Stern increasing prices with every new pin they make we can't let stuff like this slide with what they are asking for their machines.

#7972 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is actually a good point and changed my mind. They do need one more update to just get these things finished. If they want pre-orders, they need to show commitment and finish games . . . especially those as popular as XMen is. Hopefully it will happen.

I know you were just being optimistic sometimes it is refreshing to do that here once and a while! I'm just taken back at how high they are quickly increasing the price on their new releases a bit frustrating. This stuff can not slide we need to have them mark it zero and finish the code.

#7980 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Just doesn't make sense for anyone to complain about what they get.

Only way to change it is not buy. Hard to do, I know.

Telling a pinball addict not to buy a title/theme they absolutely love just so it may affect Sterns business model is like telling a crack head not to go to the 5:00 free crack give away.
5_oclock.jpg5_oclock.jpg
No but seriously we have every right to complain and ask for things to be made right. Sometimes this stuff does get through and things improve.

#7983 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Let's hope they listen and improve despite selling out unfinished LE after unfinished LE.

I honestly don't think the distributors will sell out of the ST LE unless tons are bought from abroad since price difference is much less than in the US between Premium and LE. They may claim they have sold out to hike the price but I think there will be some floating around for a while.

2 weeks later
#7992 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Has there been any sort of confirmation that another code release will be made?

Good question! In my opinion XM owners have waited long enough for this pin to be finished. It is one of the only things that have me waiting to buy a Star Trek Premium. Pretty unacceptable for a pin that got off to such a rough start in the code department to take so long to deliver the complete game. Give us Deadpool, extra ball for 25 combos, and finish this pin off already!

I am usually a Stern supporter but they need to step up their game in the software/code department or I have to spend my money elsewhere.

4 weeks later
#8034 10 years ago

Fix bugs, add a combo reward wizard mode Deadpool, actually light and reward extra ball after 25 combos. Make sure all wizard modes have non-repetitive rules and no longer have dmd placeholders. If they did that I would think it is complete. But after being promised at least one more update by Borg and others looks like XM is getting lost in the shuffle. Please all involved in this project push to get the opportunity to finish it as the end result reflects on everyone involved in the project. Sure seems like most SR releases get adequately polished code fans and buyers take notice of that. Hopefully Stern follows through with this one and all new releases. If they don't I think it could very well impact Stern's bottom line very soon.

#8036 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Did borg say this? i thought it was another musket D or mnpinball rumor?
I think ritchie gets more polished code because he continues to work with the game; borg is done with Metallica, xmen, tron, etc...and already working on his next.

It's not going to be a letter signed or something but I know of a few people he told that there would be at least 1 other code update for XM. SR gets more polished games (code wise) because he puts up a fight for it IMO. A good design is wasted if not supported by code. Sterns policy to pump out as many games as possible and forget about previous releases and their code makes employees look like they just don't care. Pretty sad when employees need to work without being paid to maintain their reputations.

1 week later
#8125 10 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

I don't know if this is the best place to post this in regards to X-Men code being a worry of ever being finished but I will start here. I spoke to Borg today about the X-Men code and of what he told me that I can quote him on about the code as far as its state of being finished is this sentence direct from John himself. This is in regards to Steve's comments about the chances of X-Men getting another update.
"I have no clue where Steve received his info from but I'll ask him when he gets back from his vacation."
After talking to John, as a Wolverine owner from the very beginning, I felt like X-Men was still going to get more attention before it is called finished.

Thanks for the info. Please Borg push for the XM code to be finished it is such a great design finishing the code on it would likely put it in with some of my favorite pins of all time. I was so disappointed when I heard SR comments regarding the XM code it felt like a punch to the gut. I own both ST and XM and I have no interest in having all resources on the current release ST if that means leaving other previous releases unfinished.

Please Stern, allow at least a few members of the XM team finish this one out and let the ST team continue working on it in the months to come to get it finished. We are fans/buyers and what many of us want most of all is for the games we buy from you to have great rulesets that are complete within a year of their release.

1 week later
#8174 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I am loving X-men. It was a hell of a drive day, but so worth it. Such a great and under appreciated game (even in its current code state) happy to be in the club and a big thanks to and good meeting sd_tom

Congrats it is an awesome pin indeed!

#8180 10 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

Hate to say it, but Steve said, no more updates for this title.....that's what he said..
someone said this , in another thread..

Steve is a briliant designer but he is human and has been wrong on occasion. He had a lot going on with his project at the time I doubt he knew exactly what other pins that Stern would be working on an update for. I am very optimistic that Borg and the team will make sure XM gets finished code wise.

Quoted from Breadfan:

Sold a couple & now have Xmen corner! Finally has a corner of the game room all to its own

That looks great in that spot nice Magneto art to the right of it!

#8184 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but hope I'm wrong

I hope your wrong too. Nah in all seriousness I hope they take the time needed to finish the code off in style.

2 months later
#8275 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Rogue is a big pain for me...moreso starting her than finishing. My Rogue shot rejects and bounces back out like 75% of the time, so even if I do hit the shot, chances are it won't register. I really have to dig into that and figure out WTF. I think it's hitting the side of the one-way gate behind Magneto, but not sure.

I also have a little trouble with the Rogue switch on my Pro. I've tested it and even change out the switch the physical switch is fine but sometimes it does not seem to register when I hit the shot I'm really confused on why this is. Perhaps it does not register a rogue hit on skill shot? I'm not sure but something has always seemed off with the Rogue switch and hit registers. Anyone else notice this?

#8306 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Here are some pix. This is a ball guide from WH2O that I repurposed until I can make a custom piece. I outlined where you could put a small custom piece or a gate in one pic in red. You could also make a much larger guide and connect it to two spots in the back and two closer to the entrance of the Rogue shot if you wanted (see the pic with the yellow outline). The piece I currently have in there almost entirely eliminates the Rogue bounce outs.

Very cool thanks for the pics and information! I'll give it a try see if it helps.

#8315 10 years ago

Our time has come indeed, cant wait to play me some XM with new code!!

#8335 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just realized my XM running 1.21 and I'm still having fun. Maybe that's why the previous owner bailed.

Oh my goodness please update that software latest update is much much better than 1.21!!

#8341 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

If the new update does in fact have dead pool, i think im going to have to figure a way to incorporate him into/ on to the playfield

Oh it will so get started thinking about how & what your gonna add.

#8348 10 years ago

Game is tough enough without making another mode pretty hard to get to IMO Dug.

#8397 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I get a kick out of the people that bitch about the magnets interrupting the flow on xmen, a

Forget all that man the magnets are one of the best features of the game creating randomness keeping the game fresh.

#8410 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Silly to call the pro better. there is just no way. LE without question, unless you just don't have the money for one.

I much prefer the Pro to the LE. Why is that silly? Gameplay is different and people will prefer different things. I dislike the iceman ramp on LE and think the night crawlers while they look cool they are way to big and almost impossible to miss. I prefer to hit the ramps for night crawler and keep the flow going. I love the spinner but truthfully when it is spinning and magnet is active it actually slows down a magnet pulse/fling. I prefer to feel the full force of the magnet unimpeded. After all they did 3 runs of Pros but no Premium. I played both before buying and I had the money to get any model. I preferred how the Pro played so bought that and saved money. Silly to you maybe but to me a no brainer to get what I preferred and save money at the same time.

I can definitely respect that you prefer the LE but to call those that like the Pro silly is a bit silly IMO. I find it weird that some need to claim that one is without question better than the other. They are both fun why can't it just be left at that.

#8412 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Because LE has everything the pro has, plus a LOT more. NC, better light show, Iceman moving ramp, more magnets, and a much better backglass. I mean, seriously, nothing wrong with loving your pro, YOU SHOULD, but again, its like saying I like the $10 in my wallet more than the $100 bill. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Ok using that logic given my preferences you paid $100 for $10 since I like the Pro much better. Look man is it so hard to understand that someone prefers something you don't?

My modded stock GI has more always active bulbs than the LE making the playfield better illuminated and colors to my preference. I have a modded apron illuminated with GI bulbs and equipped with game interactive flashers which I would take over any of the other stock models. The LE does not have more magnets man come on.

#8415 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sorry, back to the XMEN love fest... LE or PRO doesn't matter, it's XMEN!!!!!

Voice of reason makes me embarrassed I even posted above. Sorry, you are right its lame for threads like this to get derailed by silly bickering about which model is superior. The game is awesome regardless of the model!

#8428 10 years ago

Had a pretty good game last night and have to say I'm loving what this update brings to the table. Making a pin I already really enjoy even better. Deadpool helps you slay villains which is a big improvement and the added light show was a very welcome addition. Big thanks to Borg, Waison & the Stern team for not giving up on XM!!

#8434 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

The red arrows where you have ~8 seconds to hit the next shot right? Ok confirmed I am that bad

A combo shot is signified by solid red arrows after you hit an initial shot. So hitting the iceman ramp over and over will do you no good you need to hit the shots that have the solid red arrow lit for about 7-8 seconds after hitting a shot. Generally on the opposite side of the field as the initial hit shot.

Perhaps it may help to spend some time playing a few and just focus on hitting the combos. Easy way to get a combo (as mentioned above) is to hit a shot on the right like the iceman ramp then hit wolverine. Or cyclops to either storm or rogue. Also combos still count in multiball so that is a nice way to get em. With some practice and understanding I don't think 10 will seem so difficult. My best game with new code so far is 68 total combos. I'm liking how Deadpool is hooked up to combos because it adds another layer to an already awesome rule set.

#8436 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Thanks - my follow up question is are you getting 10 combos in a row or is it you can get two combos and then two more and so on until you are at the 10

They do not need to be in a row you can work your way up two by two at different times throughout the game.

#8501 10 years ago

I had all villains complete except for Brotherhood today. Ahhh I could F'N taste it!!!!

#8511 10 years ago

Yes!!!! Finally got to Dark Phoenix. Pretty damn fun mode. I love this pin!!
image-734.jpgimage-734.jpg

#8515 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Holy Crap. Would liked to have seen that game play.

It was so fun I'm no world class player but for me it was a pretty monster game. On XM you need to be on your game to progress far. Doesn't happen all the time but when your hitting shot after shot it's such a rush. I really love the modes and how the game all flows together now that Villians are easier to defeat especially with Deadpools help.

#8523 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Doubt it. Metallica was ran more recently than that and my Pro has bulbs.

The first Pro to get full LED treatment was Star Trek to the best of my knowledge.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! Nice score. Time for me to practice!

Thanks Tiger it was a blast so much so that it made me reconsider which pin would have to leave when Predator and MMR come along.

#8528 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

The process took me a couple of hours and lots of beer.

I like your style dude.

3 weeks later
#8545 10 years ago

I'd try to contact your distributer and ask them to help get it cleared up. If they are good they will help you out if not you know you may want to go through someone else the next time.

#8548 10 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Over the past couple of years I have bought six Pins from my distributor. I have had several issues with a few of them (especially Avengers Pro), nothing major thankfully, but I have always called Stern directly and have received prompt service. They have provided everything I have requested (parts and/or advice). They will walk you through the steps if you need help. I have not even had to return the defective part (JJP is real big on this). I could go through my distributor, and I am sure he would help, but the turnaround would probably take weeks. Short of a major problem it is much easier to call Stern - for me anyway.

He was saying that he was not able to get a hold of them via phone whenever he had the chance to call unfortunately. I didn't see the part where is distributer stopped their relationship with Stern.

Have you tried emailing patrick powers at stern PM?

2 months later
#8586 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

HOLY CRAP!!
My X-Men is fully working!!
I'm off to update the code that I've been so desperately wanting to try out for the past few months!!
Pete

Nice! So much fun now that the code is solid.

#8612 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I feel the opposite. I love the code, and I like the tight shots. I don't care much for games that I can hit a certain ramp shot over and over with little failure. If someone had not taken the glass off the game and spent a lot of time figuring out every detail of the game, I and most others would have little clue of any "bugs". Every pin I have ever owned has had a few "bugs" in the software. I am not making excuses, its just the reality of most pins.

Agreed current code for XM is awesome! Very deep rule set that goes perfectly with the theme and the layout really appeals to me as well. Tough to master but when/if you do the game is fast n fun. I love this pin one of my favorites without question.

4 weeks later
#8625 9 years ago

Sorry first code was bad in all regards and I think it played a huge role in the pin getting a bad rap. I think it is a great pin as it stands now one of my favorite.

#8643 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Don't forget centreflank gave you a thumbs up too. That's worth at least four Dude thumbs.

Big thumbs down on that one bud!!

#8646 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

X-Men Wolverine LE #163 owner here!
Rob
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_1112.JPG 308 KB

That Spidey looks very familiar!! look great side by side

#8665 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

There are still some bugs, so never say never. Hell, IM just got an update recently before the vault release was announced. Small updates, but an update none the less.

Sure some things can be worked out but as it stands now code & gameplay wise it is an absolute monster. Greatly underrated for now.

1 month later
#8832 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Wow, this is a long thread! My Pro is on order and I was wondering if someone could confirm if the playfield has pegs or rails? To rest on the cabinet when servicing I mean. Thanks!

Pro from factory comes with pegs only. I'd order these so you can have them ready when it arrives. Pegs are just inadequate IMO.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

Quoted from HighNoon:

Just curious...has anyone made it to Dark Phoenix?
--Luke

I've made it to Dark Phoenix (3 ball, inlanes all the way in, tilt medium) on new code about 4 times and completed it once. That was a monster game though over a billion best game I've ever played in my life.

1 week later
#8883 9 years ago

Also, if trying for Dark Phoenix focus a bit on combos to initiate Deadpool as many times as you can. Having Deadpool makes it so much easier to complete the villains that are the hardest.

#8886 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Great advice! Also...
Focus on lighting Villain at the scoop and try to have a villain running as much as possible. Two strategies for this (I do both):
1) Make sure you light the Launch lanes as many times as possible. Every time a ball comes down a ramp return, concentrate on lining up the Launch lights so that you can collect one of them.
2) Shoot for the Brotherhood and Hellfire clubs, but don't start actually these modes until you've completed the other villains. Once you qualify BH and HFC, it only takes one shot to the respective targets to relight the villain light (as long as you don't start that MB). This is the quickest way to relight the villain light.
Also, try to take a villain into Weapon X MB or Magneto MB. This can be just as useful for beating them as Deadpool (almost, anyway).
--Luke

Yes good point hitting/lighting Brotherhood/Hellfire targets then selecting other villains instead makes it so one hit to target re lights villain. That said if I have Deadpool and Brotherhood or Hellfire are ready I usual do the multiball with Deadpool he makes it so much easier to complete em.

1 year later
#10228 8 years ago

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in! Very happy to say I'm back in the club..

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#10235 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats! I still haven't reached DR yet, but I've been close several times. For some reason, it's always Beast that I have the most trouble with. I'll shoot the ball into the pops only to have it dribble out, get deflected by the edge of the scoop, and go SDTM. Happens all the time. Very frustrating.

If it's beast that gets you then you should strongly consider Newton ball mod to replace wolvie really opens that shot up and just plays much better IMO.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

May be re-joining this club very soon. Found an LE that I may be moving forward with. My wife is excited since it's her favorite game.
Question about the code on this game...Is it done?

Could use a little polish to fix a few things. That aside the code is incredibly deep and fits the theme perfectly. Well thought out and executed in the end. It's a strong point for the pin definitely not a weakness.

#10239 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hey dude , welcome back , I know your a big fan of the pro, how you finding the Le compared the pro now that you have an Le? Still never played an Le , would be to scared coz I love my pro , but once I see the spinning disc an the night crawlers will probably flip my lid..

Whisper glad your loving the pro it's a great pin! You know I realized quickly that I had not played an XM LE on the most up to date code. It makes a HUGE difference! The Iceman ramp is now under control, the nightcrawler pop ups now move quick making it a challenge, the spinning disc spins under control and catches all 4 balls to start multiball which is just awesome, lighting is impressive. One thing that needed to be change on LE was the wolverine he covers too much of the beast shot after being adjusted from pro placement due to moving ramp. However, once the captive ball mod is done (I just did this last week)that is no longer a worry.

So in short with all the extra features working well with the last major update I'm very happy with the LE. I love the Pro no doubt but with the extra features and Wolverine mod I'd have to put the LE on top. Especially with the price currently only being $1K more than the pro. I still think the pro is awesome and does have better flow with all plastic right ramp dumping ball perfectly to flipper area. LE right ramp drop is a little clunky.

Check out my wolvie mod a lot of work went into it:

#10241 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nope!
TrilogyBeer was over playing recently and we both decided its fine, I can swish the ball right through there as needed.

To each their own. For me an owner of both models and both modded and none modded Wolvie having that huge stock figure in the game in the LE location is pretty terrible. Many friends that like the game have agreed. Plays much much better now. As always though your pin play it how you like it! But mine will definitely look better

#10244 8 years ago

Thanks man it was kind of a PITA. It was a collectors chrome claw edition I had to saw off the base just stoked it worked. I forgot to give a big thanks to Mezelmods for making the Newton ball & bracket available!
http://mezelmods.com/collections/x-men/products/x-men-wolverine-newton-bracket

#10249 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

One thing I think is greatly improved by the newton ball mod, however, is that it's much harder to accidentally hit the Wolverine switch. I hate when a slow moving ball just barely grazes Wolvie and it accidentally starts multiball. This is the main reason I'd consider making the switch.

That is a big difference the mod makes. Now I have to actually focus and purposely shoot at the wolvie shot instead of always trying to avoid grazing it when going for a beast or Xavier shot. For me opening up the beast shot was a bonus and increased flow greatly.

Quoted from judremy:

So glad to see you got it and it looks great. Love the bust you picked. I really wish Stern would run X-Men again and put this in stock. Regardless, the new movie does look cool and Deadpool was a fun movie.

Thanks for the kind words! Loved the Deadpool movie we need more movies like that one. Still working on more figures for the game like the good pinball addict I am.

#10254 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A couple quick questions. On my LE, I've noticed that when Rogue starts, the left NC will sometimes pop up and then immediately drop back down as though it has been hit. Is this a glitch in the software, or do I need to adjust the NC switch? I've also noticed that the Xavier VUK will occasionally start Storm. Again, is this a software thing or an issue with my machine?

I always assumed that you could get a nightcrawler hit to go towards Rogue (mode completion) just as a hit to the other XM crew. It's my understanding that software activates the nightcrawlers not a physical switch. A switch relays hits but not to engage.

1 month later
#10315 7 years ago

When I needed to replace this part there was only one small shop (I forget the name) that had them available for purchase at a high price point. If you find a bigger shop that has them please let us know be good to have for future reference.

1 week later
#10330 7 years ago

Reminded why I love this pin today! Completed Magneto multiball, completed Danger Room and did well in Dark Phoenix. Quick question isn't Dark Phoenix a MB? I only got one ball, I hit a ton of shots hit scoop a couple times no add a ball?

1 week later
#10375 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Installed my ColorDMD today. What a difference!

Yeah color DMD in XM is just awesome. I had mine on order before I even picked mine up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Dude_Abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=The_Dude_Abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.