(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11530 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are there any NIB LE's still in existence?

I recently acquired a Magneto that was new in box about 4 months ago so it's possible

1 month later
#11567 4 years ago

I find a well timed bump to the side of the cabinet will increase the chances of the ball going into the scoop.

1 month later
#11577 4 years ago

There was a problem with the first run of boards for the night crawler it should of been replaced long ago but mine was nib until around last November and wasn't swapped out yet.it went out around February and Stern sent me the updated board free.check to see if you have the rev 2 board.

3 months later
#11623 4 years ago

I noticed last nigjt my Magneto disc magnet is not working.I was to far gone to be playing under the playfield so I'll look into it when I get home tonight. I was just wondering if this was a common problem? My game doesn't have many plays and recently Stern sent me a revised board for the night crawler.the disc is still spinning when it's supposed to just not grabbing the balls.

#11625 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

The fuse for the magnets is probably blown, check f7 on the power board. I think stern sent a service bulletin saying the fuse should be upgraded but not 100% on that.

Tis just a fuse. We're back in action.

2 months later
#11642 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

it seems the Newton ball is the must have mod for this game...

I have one that came with mine but not connected. I think he said he started to put it on or put it on and took it off,I could find out for sure hes on pinside.I like it with the wolverine so I may be interested in selling it if you decide to go that route.

#11644 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Cool...Just pm me if he's got it...I'm going to play as factory to start however, to see if I need it or not...

It came in a box with the machine so it's in my possession. Play it how it is,some people like myself like the way it is but i play a ton of tournaments so I need the harder settings but if you feel it's something you're interested in hit me up and I'll verify if it's new or lightly used (machine had 95 plays when i got it) and we can discuss a price.

8 months later
#11941 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Hey all!! Back in the club with a Wolverine LE. Problem has arisen. Night crawlers are stuck in UP position. Any clue on what fix is? Thanks!!!

You need a new night crawler board

#11944 3 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

It is brand new!!!!!

Then that just seals the deal.you need a new night crawler board. There was a problem with the first boards and they made a revision 2 that fixed an issue I had the same problem getting mine with 95 plays in 2019.if you contact stern with a serial number they will send it out free and its fairly simple to do.

#11946 3 years ago

So you just put in a new night crawler board?

3 weeks later
#11955 3 years ago

I have a new Newton ball mod missing 1 post sleeve I would ship for $60

#11962 3 years ago

I reccomend the lighted brackets for sale in the pinside shops.they screw onto your light boards and add much needed color to all the white lights.

#11964 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

For the inserts?

Yes

#11969 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Also the left nightcrawler won't go down now.

You need a new night crawler board,there was a revision 2. If you contact Stern they should send one for free.

1 week later
#11985 3 years ago

I have no idea which fuse but heres a pic

20201031_133250 (resized).jpg20201031_133250 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#12010 3 years ago

I love my LE but the iceman ramp sucks and I only turn it on for tournaments to make the game harder. I hate how it blocks your vision when in use and I hate how it moves sometimes and drops your ball sdtm.

3 weeks later
#12040 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Just another update. When I played a few games this afternoon, the Xavier shot worked perfectly. When I played a few more this evening, the Xavier shot didn’t really work at all. It would go in, then sit there until the ball search kicked in, then it would kick up and count it as a storm shot.
Any ideas? Sensitive switch? When I had it out the other day the switch seemed in good shape.

Sounds like a standard switch adjustment or a broken wire

1 month later
#12081 3 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I am a big fan of this game, hope to own it some day, I would love to see someone put this on top of the newton ball, since its a bobble head it would kind of be like deadpool [quoted image]

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

#12084 3 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I knew someone would say that

I just don't think it goes well with the art with it being cartoonish

2 weeks later
#12121 3 years ago

Completing the inlane lights once lights the mystery at the scoop and the little light on top will blink completing them twice will light the villain at the scoop and the insert in front of the scoop will be lit.shooting the scoop when lit chooses a villain and then the small light representing which one you chose will blink and if you beat that mode it will remain lit solid for the rest of the game.you can also light the villian at the scoop by lighting the brotherhood or hellfire standups by hitting them 5 time not in a mode then after that 1 hit to the standups will light the villain as long as you dont play the bh or hf multiball mode.

#12137 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there any way to make Weapon X multiball easier? Tired of beating every mode except Wolverine.
THere's a "Wolverine Multiball timer" and "Wolverine Timer" adjustment in the menu but as far as I can tell they don't do anything when you increase them.

Not that I'm aware of,wolverine is a SOB!!!!

4 weeks later
#12158 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My one-way gate broke behind magneto. Boy the software acts funky without that one way gate keeping the balls in magneto lock.
I am trying to find a replacement but I can't see what to order in the manual. Does anyone have the gate part number or a similar gate that will fit?

You may be able to put magneto in virtual lock in the meantime. I know it's in the settings but I've never used it but it's worth trying to see if it will play correctly while you work on a fix.

4 months later
#12201 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Ummm… you have played Earthshaker, right?

Or gladiators

1 week later
#12212 2 years ago

I was offered $6200 by amkoepfer for my Magneto LE with color dmd and turned it down. I found it to be a very fair offer but no way am I selling !!!!

2 months later
#12266 2 years ago

Lifetime plays can be.erased so no way to tell how many plays it really has

1 month later
#12285 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I cannot stress how much the custom sound, color DMD, mirror blades and also the newton ball mod elevate this pin - it's like getting a whole new game.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the Newton ball?

2 months later
#12354 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Got it. Replaced it and the new fuse just blows instantly. Did anyone actually swap the ver B board and it works? I saw someone say it needs the new harness or it blows?

I contacted stern and they sent me a board and a wiring harness free of charge. I've not had any problems since then.

5 months later
#12386 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Hi everyone. I am trying find information about the new aux board harness that came with REV B boards. I bought a new aux board from pinball life but it doesn’t come with the supporting harness.
Does anyone have a picture of the harness or perhaps a diagram of the wires and locations on the connectors?
I contacted Stern last week but haven’t heard back from them as of yet.

I'll try and remember to get a pic late tonight

1 week later
#12392 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I was able to find the harness at Little Shop. Ordered it as Stern has none in stock.
Nightcrawlers kinda work with the old board. The always pop up at the end of the game and reset when a new game is started. They are just flakey during Rogue or their own mode. Checked the switches and they are working fine in the test mode.
Parts are on the way.

Sorry I didn't get a pic,right after posting I got added to the forced overtime list for a few weeks so I haven't been in the gameroom much. If you still need a pic lmk and I'll get one. My machine is on the middle of the room halfway through a shop job so it's accessible.

#12394 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Thank you for the offer. I should get my rev B board and harness this week. Any weirdness and I’ll message you.
You doing anything cool or different on your shop job? Adding figures or changing anything color wise or upgrades?

Mine already had clor dmd,a bunch of figures and some icicles added to the iceman ramp and I'm changing the rubbers to red Perfect Play.heres a pic from the sales ad.

a5fabaec909962503a5c5533721d99bb0e5c5010 (resized).pnga5fabaec909962503a5c5533721d99bb0e5c5010 (resized).png
1 month later
#12410 1 year ago

I can't stand super heros movies or comics and didn't even know what an x-men was but I've had the game for 4 years and it will probably never leave. The game play makes up for the bad theme(my opinion) and me not knowing the theme probably let's me overlook the criticism about the callouts.

Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi everyone,
I'm a big X-Men fan and considering adding the game to my collection based on my love of the theme. I haven't played the game but have seen there are some pretty tough critics in the online reviews. As owners of the game, what are your thoughts about X-Men as far as gameplay enjoyment? Are there some must install mods and such that you all have found to add significantly to the game? What are some thoughts on pro vs LE models?
Thank you!

3 months later
#12428 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:I have owned a Wolverine since brand new and still like it. Although I don’t play it a ton or deep dive the rules, I heard something last night did the first time: Deadpool saying “Oh I see you finally reached my mode, great”. How did that happen?

Pretty sure Deadpool makes an appearance after you hit a certain amount of combos

2 months later
#12450 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Magneto LE owner here..and wondering if anyone else in here has installed the pinduino light strips for the ramps? Because it's so engaging/illuminating that I can't imagine the pin without it now. Oh, and replaced Big Wolfy with a little wolfy (die-cast) and he bounces back/forth. Color LCD DMD w/ fatpanda's? audio remix...
LE#214/250 probably the best built machine I have, other than maybe STTNG..it's solid (nothing like today's lighter Sterns).
[quoted image]

I've considered them for years maybe I'll make the plunge since you recommend them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Puffdanny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=Puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.