(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTiger225.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8692 9 years ago

In the process of purchasing a NIB Wolverine LE. This pin is on my wish list, and I could not be more excited! This will be my first NIB experience.

1 week later
#8722 9 years ago

My NIB Wolverine LE #243 is scheduled to deliver on Monday. The seller shipped me the replacement AUX board already.

Is there any reason to not immediately change out this board? My plan was to do it before ever playing a game.

As a side note, I am very excited to join the community of owners and I already have many mods planned!

#8742 9 years ago

My NIB Wolverine LE #243 was delivered yesterday. My father was there to assist me with setup. It was both of our first time with a NIB and I really enjoyed the opening process. It reminded me of Christmas morning.

Assembly was straight forward and we just took it step by step according to included instructions. No damage to the machine during shipping (very relieved).

Once assembled, I did a few things prior to playing.

1. Installed new Aux board and harness
2. Installed Cliffy for scoop
3. Installed Hemi's scoop lighting mod

Once complete, I finally turned on the machine and began going through the diagnostics to ensure functions.

Problems found:

1.Left Nightcrawler would not pop up. A slight movement of mechanism freed the mechanism and it began working properly.

2. Iceman ramp would not make switches to end the movement and it would constantly hunt. Simple switch adjustments under playfield corrected this. Also slightly bent Wolverine claws to ensure clearance.

3. Spinning disk is noisy. Will be purchasing e-clip today to hopefully resolve.

Thanks to all who posted about game to allow me to join the club with a good background on the game and issues that others encountered.

X-Men was one of my dream pins, and the good folks at Cointaker helped me make it a reality.

Next up for mods on my list will be the shaker motor, Bowen figures (Cyclops and Gambit), and a speaker light kit.

Was curious if any of you have done special framing arrangements with COA and maybe some comics or other art?
Just an idea I had last night...

3 weeks later
#8801 9 years ago

Got super-skill shot last night for first time after learning it existed on Pinside yesterday. Definitely felt rewarding.

Can't answer why they are still available other than possibly people reluctant to buy in fear of some of the issues that have been discovered, or the lacking earlier versions of the code. Also the game isn't cheap.

1 month later
#9045 9 years ago

I've been debating on doing that one too. Just not sure about drilling on brand new game.

1 week later
#9086 9 years ago

I am interested to see how blue would look in Wolverine as well.

4 months later
#9578 9 years ago

A few mods I did:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judremys-xmen-wolverine-solution-with-gameplay/page/3#post-2279347

Also did a micro machines blackbird on a homemade support made from a recycled switch support.

Then added these 3 Heroclix mini figures to add a little more detail. They are very cheap and allow the inclusion of more characters. I especially like this Colossus since he is holding a sentinel head similar to the game over animation.

Used simple velcro pads to attach.

IMG_1095.jpgIMG_1095.jpg IMG_1094.jpgIMG_1094.jpg IMG_1093.jpgIMG_1093.jpg IMG_1090.jpgIMG_1090.jpg IMG_1096.jpgIMG_1096.jpg
4 months later
#9815 8 years ago

Until I see a full sized Wolverine that looks good on the captive ball mod I wont do it. I got the Wolverine LE for a reason and he needs to remain as a playfield focal point for me.

That being said, after browsing ebay I like these two options alot:

ebay.com link: NEW Wolverine Masked Bust Bank

ebay.com link: Wolverine Bust Paperweight

The paperweight would be cool if you could make hitting the X like hitting the captive ball.

#9826 8 years ago

Thanks for the size comparison photo. That really helps. I wish that bank was a tad smaller. Seems like it would look good.

#9832 8 years ago

That's a great game ^^^^

2 months later
8 months later
#10384 7 years ago

Buy cointaker bulbs and they will never fall out

#10388 7 years ago

Is it Bowen?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballTiger225.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=PinballTiger225 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.