(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11986 3 years ago

Picked up a routed Xmen Pro yesterday:
goteeeeeem (resized).pnggoteeeeeem (resized).png

And here is what Ive done so far......
Updated the code to 1.51 (was on 1.02)
replaced the last incandescent lock light bulb with an LED
replaced the red and blue LEDs on the "storm board" with whites
replaced the sling rubbers with clears
replaced a bunch of easy to get to rubbers with clears
replaced the leds under the slings with comet 4x1 tower leds
used the 4x1 tower LEDs in the spot lights too (they seem to spread the light better)
slings (resized).pngslings (resized).png
and I replaced the black post rubbers with clears for the newton ball mod
newton (resized).pngnewton (resized).png
I put a red wedge in Omega Red, a Blue in the Sentinel (Im going to replace it with purple) and orange in sabretooth and shoot again.
They were the only spare colored wedge LEDs
badguys (resized).pngbadguys (resized).png

The one thing I had to fix was the spotlight on Magneto. there wasnt 12v coming though the taps, so I pulled the tap off the wires it was on and put it onto a GI light.
Before:
before (resized).pngbefore (resized).png
After:
after (resized).pngafter (resized).png

#11988 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The magneto spotlight isn't supposed to be on all the time, it only triggers when magneto multiball starts, thats why it wasn't showing voltage at rest.

Now I know! I'm undecided on moving it back, I kinda like it always being on. I also might put the purple GI lights back behind the hellfire and brotherhood targets.

#11990 3 years ago

sooooooooooooo........................................

Is this common or am I just that (un)lucky ?
stuck (resized).pngstuck (resized).png

It was actually pretty hard to get the ball out

#11993 3 years ago

Are you guys being sarcastic or not? I cant tell :/

got CB3's WIP files for xmen, so hopefully I can finish it off. Card reader isnt working on the one I installed, so I was testing the other one I had before taking the time to swap them.

keller (resized).pngkeller (resized).png

1 week later
#11999 3 years ago

So I've figured out if you soft plunge there are 2 skill shots; Rogue for Psylocke Skill Shot and Storm for Angel Skill Shot, are there any others?

1 week later
#12002 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

has anyone had an issue on the LE with the spinning disk not spinning that well

That's why made me get the pro, fewer moving parts and things to break.

My machine came with the Wolverine bash toy already replaced by the Newton Ball mod. I also got the bash toy with the machine but didn't want to cut it up to make it fit on top of the newton ball. I ended up getting this from amazon:

amazon (resized).pngamazon (resized).png
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PXVH155

I had to cut the base off to make it fit, and I just put hotglue on top of the newton ball square, and a dab of glue behind the statue to affix it to the pop-bumper top (mine's broken anyway)

Here he is with the glass off:
wolvie1 (resized).jpgwolvie1 (resized).jpg

And with the glass on:
wolvie2 (resized).jpgwolvie2 (resized).jpg

Bonus being that I love the Sentinel, so his hand , even if its cut off, still adds another sentinel element to the game.

I am already looking at Magneto replacements.

#12006 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The LE is loaded. What’s on the pro?

The disc doesn't spin, so on magneto multiball the balls spread and fall towards the flippers. I think the LE disc is neat and would be the only LE feature I'd want on my pro. The Iceman ramp moving has zero appeal to me, and the Night Crawler trolls look like they would really mess with flow.

I think I found the magneto Im going to use ...if it fits: https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-Toys-Marvel-Magneto/dp/B003F2YXBW/

Ad says 7" tall so I think I may have to cut into the base a bit.

#12008 3 years ago

Totally agree, one of the reasons I want a smaller figure is so those plastics can be seen. If I do get it I'll probably cut the base down a lot , it should help secure him and the Colossus hand is a nice touch. There was another magneto posted previously and it's a pretty great fit, so that maybe the the one that goes into this machine too.

A sentinel in the back right corner (where the sentinel plastic is) would be amazing but pretty much all of them are massive and or crazy expensive.

#12011 3 years ago

I'm kinda sad Squizz downvoted my mini wolverine I was super happy with the way it turned out

Why don’t you like the moving ramp?

Puffdanny pretty much nails it:

Quoted from Puffdanny:

I love my LE but the iceman ramp sucks and I only turn it on for tournaments to make the game harder. I hate how it blocks your vision when in use and I hate how it moves sometimes and drops your ball sdtm.

I do think its neat that the shot can potentially put the ball on the left flipper instead of always on the right but it just seems so clunky.I didn't know the NCs only pop up during specific modes but I just don't think you lose much by not having them.

Game is far from barren and is probably one of the best value Pros ever released.

The Pro does have 2 things going for it the LEs dont:
Subjectively the best art package and much cheaper/easier to change out the villain light colors by the flippers

#12016 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Spinning Magneto is probably my all time favorite gimmick and the start of that multiball is still one of my favorite moments in pinball after all these years.

Believe me, if I could add the spinning magneto disc to my pro I would cant say the same for the other 2 things
I ordered some blue superbands for the flippers and some replacement flipper buttons, but I couldnt find pink LEDs for the pop bumpers like someone suggested.

#12019 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I prefer the play of rubber vs synthetic. I installed blue rubber on my flipper bats and they are still going strong after 8 years and thousands of plays. They look great too, somethng to consider

If I dont like them, they'll just get shifted over to LW3 and I'll get blue rubbers instead.

Wife and baby are fans of the machine:
baybeee (resized).pngbaybeee (resized).png

Quoted from evileye:

Both Cointaker and Comet offer pink LED’s. You just reminded me that I still need to buy those myself.

I dont need any other LEDs right now, so I just made due with what I had on hand, purple:
LightUrple (resized).pngLightUrple (resized).png

I added FatPanda 's audio mix and it makes the game a ton better. Next up a shaker motor and maybe save up for the upgraded speakers

1 week later
#12026 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Is anyone here running a pin2dmd display with a colored file on their x-men pin? I see that one exists, but am just curious of the quality of it before I order a pin2dmd display for it. Thanks!

CB3 did an amazing job but the game isnt 100% done. I prefer his color choices to what colordmd did but their colorization is 100% done and his is closer to 90%

#12028 3 years ago

Super flattered that tigerpin found that post thumbs down worthy! This whole Pin2DMD vs ColorDMD is fucking stupid.

So from his docs it looks like The attract mode doesnt have the xmen logo done, the scores are single color (pin2DMD doesnt support dynamic content on Sam hardware AFAIK) , Danger Room mode is undone, Dark Phoenix mode is undone, Magneto Multiball is partially done, WeaponX Multiball mode is undone, Hellfire and Brother Hood modes are undone, and Xavier mode is partially done.

Other than cost, the main things holding me back from buying a color DMD is that only the LCD is available for Xmen, and I really don't like the way the Sentinels were colored

ColorDMD: (snipped from their YouTube Video)
ColorDMD (resized).pngColorDMD (resized).png

Pin2DMD WIP by CB3:
Pin2DMD (resized).pngPin2DMD (resized).png

Art is subjective and I get that, but I think CB3's colors are more accurate to the Jim Lee era of Xmen. This could easily be updated by the colorDMD people but they never fixed the hitch hikers hair color in Getaway so, doubt its worth it to them.

#12033 3 years ago

yeah that LED version looks soooooo much better. If they give me a slight discount I'd be more than happy to update the colorDMD files

4 weeks later
#12044 3 years ago

I finally got to the Danger Room mode..... hit the middle "magneto" shot and the ball released SDTM , whomp whomp.

I did add a piece of polished stainless steel that goes along the right drain, from the apron all the way up to the 3rd flipper.
It brightens up the lighting under the plastics and just looks really neat along the drain.

Its kind of tough to take pictures of , it kind of just blends in, which was the point. I figured seeing "special" mirrored would be the easiest way to show it.

Xmen2 (resized).jpgXmen2 (resized).jpgxmen1 (resized).jpgxmen1 (resized).jpg
#12049 3 years ago

Anyone have a fix for the LED constantly getting knocked out of spot lights? The LED in the spotlight over the right sling gets knocked out all the time, and Ive had the Magneto LED pop out once or twice from air ball deflections from hitting the big magneto.

I’m staying in the game. XMEN is experiencing a renaissance in my household.
What’s the best color DMD option?

ColorDMD, as its the only option. LED or LCD is a matter of preference, Im fond of LED myself.

Pin2DMD has a new firmware to support SAM/SPIKE so I might pick up where CB3 left off and color some more scenes for him.

1 week later
#12057 3 years ago

I checked and only saw an LCD option for X-Men. So I guess the choice is made for me.

Someone in this thread posted their LED ColorDMD, so you may have to just reach out to them to get that.

My wife is loving Xmen, Ive had it a few months now and she still plays it, other than Comet , that never happens.

#12063 3 years ago

I replaced Magneto today, I had to have the game open to fix the pop bumper behind Wolverine

This is what I went with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007FY49/
I bought one that had a damaged box for $40 shipped

Here's Logan and Eric:
magneto3 (resized).jpgmagneto3 (resized).jpg
I was still figuring out exactly how and where I wanted Mags to Riches

and heres how he's in there:
magneto1 (resized).jpgmagneto1 (resized).jpg
magneto2 (resized).jpgmagneto2 (resized).jpg

Dab of glue on the ProfX chute and the Iceman ramps for his arms, and his foot is hot-glued to one of the places a nut goes and behind the Sentinel head. Cape is wedged between the ramps and he is super stable.

I ended up buying that piece just because it came with the big Sentinel head and the game cant have enough giant robot parts.

Both pieces are plastic and wolverine has taken a good number of air balls with do damage other than having to bend his claw back on occasion.

4 weeks later
#12110 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A generous pinsider sent me their original wolverine figure which I sawed in half and gooped to the newton mod, looks good to me![quoted image][quoted image]

Turned out fantastic, good job.

RE: Stacking
I *do* stack modes, it makes the game easier and keeps my wife interested in the game. I may end up wiring in the Tournament button for when I wanna play the more traditional scoring/rules. I actually did make it to the danger room with stacking but I felt like I was cheating a bit.

If you guys haven't added FatPanda 's sound mix, you need to, its incredible.

3 weeks later
#12152 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

they left her out so I put her on top...
[quoted image]

She's one of Xavier's mutants to find.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3 months later
#12186 2 years ago

I want one

#12189 2 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

I can always chat them up if you want

fo sho. Sentinel is my fave character , just shoot me a PM with a ballpark price. After I wake up from fainting from sticker shock, I'll letcha know

It looks incredible.

1 month later
#12195 2 years ago

Ordered up a shaker kit ( Rev B ) from pinball life, its only $99!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

installation was a breeze and there were no wires to tap, since existing plugs were in the wiring harness. Lucky for me, my X-men had a shaker kit in it, that someone removed before I bought it; so I didnt have to cut out the template or drill holes for the t-nuts. Its a pretty cool mod that definitely gives the game a little extra cool factor. Next up is a tourny button

#12197 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

When does the shaker get activated during gameplay?

its tied into almost everything to varying degrees, but its never shaking for too long or shaking too hard. You'll notice it right away when you hit the pop bumpers.

#12199 2 years ago

Eh, it shakes like a crazy ass mo-fo during Brotherhood MB. Probably more shake in that mode than in any other game ever.

I look forward to finding out how much it shakes I only got a couple of quick games in, but its supposed to be in the high 90s all week so I'll probably retreat to my basement and smack some balls around.

#12203 2 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

I followed the wires back to the main bundle and everything appears normal. Any ideas on what my problem is?
Thanks in advance!

Take pix of how its wired.

#12209 2 years ago

I got my Pro for like 3700 and it was the best deal I've gotten on a pin. I think its got a bad rep from the early code but its my favorite machine and my wife likes playing it too. Your soundmix really puts it over the top.

1 month later
#12242 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

I have been thinking about that mod. How hard of an install was it? It looks pretty sweet.

It's even easier on a pro, just change the bulbs.

1 month later
#12263 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Has anyone installed a PIN2DMD and got it working with the colorization files available over at VPUNIVERSE for X-MEN ?
Am now a proud member of this club
Thanks
Matt

Its not complete, but it works. Ive been chipping away and finishing what was started.

1 week later
#12268 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

The Pin2dmd x-men file is unplayable at the moment. Some animation stay on the screen and you can’t see the score until a different animation is triggered.
Wait patiently for the Malenko update. Right now my Pin2dmd is set to mono blue to match Wolverine.

I am almost done getting the "stuck" animations off screen. I don't have the kind of time I used to so its taking significantly longer than I thought it would.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=Malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.