(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kingoftron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1241 11 years ago

Just plopped down my deposit. I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so scared!

#1263 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Kingoftron said:Just plopped down my deposit.
Spending our AFM money so soon???

My evil plan is coming to fruition, muahahahaha!

1 week later
#1976 11 years ago

I'm going to go absolutely nuts waiting for this game.

1 week later
#2114 11 years ago

Just saw a pic of a bunch of playfield toys on Stern's FB page, and it looks like Wolverine is no bigger than the Balrog from Lord of the Rings or Arnie from Terminator 3.

#2119 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

that's a big head don't you think?

I never paid much attention to the size but I've played a ton of T3 and have never thought, "That's a big head."

1 week later
#2349 11 years ago

Why does the Iceman ramp have all those gaps in it? Just to make it lighter?

#2427 11 years ago

I wouldn't think they'd go with the music from X-Men First Class mainly because most of the characters in this game arent even in that movie. The music from X2 and The Last Stand are superior and a much better fit, but it's doubtful that they would use any music from any of the movies. The music from the cartoon series makes the most sense to me if they're going with licensed music, but I'm sure we'll end up with something original.

This theme's right up there with Batman: The Animated Series.

#2432 11 years ago

Has anyone added X-Men to their collection profiles yet? I was about to yesterday but looks like the awesome pro translite is the only option. Love that translite, but want to represent my Wolverine!

#2450 11 years ago

What are those things in the reflection? Some sort of protection wrap?

#2453 11 years ago

Did anyone else just see a picture of a couple programmers standing next to a machine on Sterns FB page? I refreshed the screen and it was gone.

#2554 11 years ago

I always thought the split screen was done so they could fit in existing film clips at the right aspect ratio.

#2560 11 years ago

Is there some sort of new DMD here? I noticed it last week when playing AC/DC for the first time, and now with these new pics. There's well defined squares throughout the entire screen. I thought maybe it was a glitch on AC/DC, but it looks like its intentional.

#2564 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Interesting, I played AC/DC BIB a couple days ago and noticed how crisp the DMD was. I noticed it for sure. AC/DC looked Red like it had a filter over it.

The one I played was crisp and red as well, but the squares were definitely noticeable when most of the display was lit up.

#2672 11 years ago

I hope psychic Christopher Walken nails it with video on page 55.

1 week later
#3324 11 years ago

Can't wait until this thread doesn't rule my life anymore!

#3454 11 years ago

C'mon Gap, give me some news!

#3460 11 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

i like what i see ,, can't wait , still have at least 2 weeks i think before mine arrives .. dammit

Who's your distributor? How do you know it'll be a couple weeks?

#3533 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So it looks like you "qualify" Magneto MB similar to the way that you qualify "madnesses" on MM. I.e., the more you characters you qualify before starting Magneto MB, the more those characters shots are worth during MB?

This would be totally rad! Multiball Madness and The Two Towers Multiball are my all time favorite multiballs ever!

#3537 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Looks like I'll be waiting at least another week or 2 before my game is ready. Make sure you guys get the bugs worked out until I get mine.

I've heard absolutely nothing on mine yet. Is your distributor giving you that info about a two week time frame?

#3773 11 years ago

So all of you that have recieved yours already, did you take the day off work the day it came in? I have to give my employer notice weeks in advance, so I'll probably be sick sometime soon.

#3864 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Has anybody who did not get notification last week get any yesterday their game was ready?

I've heard absolutely zilch on mine. Mike from GAP said everyone through him should receive theirs by the end of the month, but at this point I still haven't received any sort of notification.

1 week later
#4479 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Here are a few photos, off to play a few more games!!

Love that line up and game room!

#4515 11 years ago

Wolverine #150 in the house! And everything appears to be working great! No disc clacking as of yet, no ramp/claw touching, no craziness that I can tell of any kind. Except one. Should one of the night crawlers pop up while the game is not being played? My left night crawler is up, but pops back down when the game starts. Don't know if this is some sort of attract feature, or an actual issue. Anyone else's up?

#4518 11 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

They should both pop up at the end of game. On mine the right one was wedged in and would not pop up at the end of game or in test. I lifted the playfield and gave it a little push and it came loose, has worked ever since.

Good to hear! Hope it stays this way!

#4697 11 years ago

Wolverine #150, right in the middle of the whole run! July 13th, 2012.

#4742 11 years ago

Here's a link to to KLOV thread where I posted a ton of pictures of the unboxing/setup. Really wish we could post pictures on this site as easily as KLOV.

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=244156

#4754 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I've never had any difficuly posting pics on this site at all... just hit browse and go to the pic you want to load...
Just out of interest, why did you take the original strap off holding the head down (which holds the edge protectors in place) and replace it with a transverse positioned wratchet strap before taking the game up the stairs?

I use photobucket for all my pics, and it seems like photobucket leaves links here instead of the photos. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? With KLOV, I take the pictures with my phone, upload them to photobucket with my phone, and post them on KLOV with my phone. Can't seem to get that to happen here.

As far as the strap goes, I wanted to check the translite before hauling it up.

#4756 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Just looking at the guy (closest to the top of the stairs) wince brings back horrible memories for me.

Yup, that's me.

#4844 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

How do you beat that big bastard. Tight ramp was doing damage to him, but 2 of the 4 shots lit (red arrows) would only raise his jackpot.

I believe the outer 2 arrows raise the jackpot and the inner two arrows damage the helmet.

1 month later
#7349 11 years ago

Just got a new high score this morning, 38 million. No idea how some of you guys are getting 100 million plus!

9 months later
#7689 10 years ago

Anyone else totally stoked for The Wolverine later this month and Days of Futures Past next summer? Can't wait for both.

#7716 10 years ago

Can someone post as many Xavier and Magneto quotes from the game as you can think of? There's several quotes from both that I have no idea what's being said, and it's driving me crazy!

1 week later
#7819 10 years ago

Started watching Wolverine and the X-Men on Netflix recently, and it seems like a lot of this game has come directly from this specific series. I don't read many comics, so I could be wrong, but it seems like all the main heroes and villains are the same as the one's from this awesometacular program. Just watched an episode called 'Time Bomb' and every line line that Toad has in the game was there.

#7881 10 years ago

Cheat? Explain.

1 month later
#7927 10 years ago

Randomly found this issue of Uncanny X-Men: Arcade's Murderworld today at my local record store for $20! Couldn't pass it up and just finished reading it. Gonna have to find the next issue since it appears to be at least a two-parter. Definitely going up on the wall in the game room near my Wolvey

image.jpgimage.jpg

3 months later
#8201 10 years ago

Love this game!!!!!!!
Now, what's this I hear about new code coming?

1 week later
#8229 10 years ago

Any more news on this heavy metal mutant thing since Thursday?

2 weeks later
#8240 10 years ago

Finally had a decent run in the Danger Room last night. I've gotten there a few times before, but always drained within seconds. Scored a nice 80 million during the mode and gave Danger a good run for her money. Still didn't take her out though. Such a blast! Also brought my son into the game room for the first time in his life. Awesome night!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg image-824.jpgimage-824.jpg
#8244 10 years ago

This is cool, would love to see a video of the different colored villain modes with your new lights.

3 weeks later
#8463 10 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Wow, this latest update really made this game come alive. I thought I would be fine with the previous FW, but I can clearly now see I was wrong. Had my best game ever on X-MEN, finally got to Dark Phoenix and ended with a whopping score of 762,162,330 and 102 combos. I am pretty sure I can bust 1 billion on this game.

xmen-hs-382.jpg 158 KB

Holy f**k.

#8510 10 years ago

I remember the good old days of prior to this week when I could actually play well. Now that the new code's here, I'm bricking left and right and have only seen Deadpool a couple times. A Couple Times!!!!!!

#8521 10 years ago

What happened to the split image of Wolverine and Magneto for the LE's on this site? Just noticed that the only image for an LE is Wolverine. Incidentally this works for me since I have a Wolverine, but just wondering why change it?

1 week later
#8533 10 years ago

Was just checking out another X-Men thread about which art package people most prefer, and Wolverine's got a hefty lead. Made me remember back to when the pics were first released and everyone loved the pro art the best. I love the Wolverine package, but is also haven't seen the two others in person yet.

#8535 10 years ago

I remember Pmwolf wanted to gut an LE and put it in a pro cab!

3 months later
#8661 9 years ago

I'm in! Wolvie #150 from day one. A roller coaster ride for sure.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#8693 9 years ago

Have several issues, including #123 and a complete set of 1992 Marvel Masterpieces. Remember these bad boys?

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-91.jpgimage-91.jpg

#8698 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Get those bagged and boarded!!
=)

Haha, they are. I just did that for the photo.

#8701 9 years ago

I must be the only decent pinball player that doesn't have 40+ min games of Lord of the Rings. I love it and play it just fine, but a 45 minute game every time? No way.

1 week later
#8754 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I'm trying to get a run from 94 to 300. I've got everything from 115 on, except for a few (131,133,141,143 and 266).
I'm missing a few from 95 to 114.
I'd love to get my hands on some very early X-Men, I think my earliest issues are 11 and 20.
It'd be a dream to get #1...

That's crazy. I'm trying to hunt down 94-300 as well. When my son was born last year, I decided that he should have the real deal and know that there's more to Marvel than just the movies. So far I've got about 30 random issues, and am hoping it'll turn into a hunt we can do together when he gets older.

1 month later
#8859 9 years ago

Another awesome pin party over at Monarca's last night. Not my best score by a long shot, but always fun to throw up a GC on another man's machine.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#8864 9 years ago

Iceman without the moving ramp is incredibly difficult. Love me some moving ramp.

#8887 9 years ago

Let's see pics of your best score and combos. I want to know how good or bad I am.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-734.jpgimage-734.jpg
#8911 9 years ago

Had one of those extreme rush games last night. I was just one villian mode away from Dark Phoenix and one hero away from Danger Room. Damn Xavier, I must have played him 3 or 4 times and just couldn't finish it. I think I'm ready to say this game has replaced Lord of the Rings as my favorite game. That Deadpool update is just pure win.

2 weeks later
#8939 9 years ago

Holy crap, fellas. Good stuff there.

2 weeks later
#9017 9 years ago

Any word on if there will be a fix to the current end of play code after the wizard mode?

3 months later
#9280 9 years ago

So is this machine done code wise now, or do we have anything coming down the pipe? Drives me nuts that the code I'm on doesn't allow me to get to both wizard modes, but I don't want to update it to the latest code and run out of game to play.

#9299 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Which code wouldn't let you get both wizard modes? Was it the case where the 3rd incomplete (now scrapped) wizard mode would block Dark Phoenix if things were qualified in a certain order?
I was thinking that was fixed (scrapped) in the next to last update....and the "nothing left to do" bug was introduced in the very last update.
I know a lot of people mentioned not updating to the last version because it introduced the "nothing left to do bug", but in my opinion having the Phoenix lock bug fixed in the last version largely outweighs the need for me to do anything after Danger Room and Dark Phoenix are completed (since I will never get there) and the lock bug would happen to me every 3 or 4 games before it was fixed.

I'm on 1.5 and don't want to go to 1.51 because even though the odds of me completing all the modes are very slim, I don't want the game to end.

2 weeks later
#9370 9 years ago

Anyone else notice sterns FB post with an video on xmen members? We getting new code, or is this a tease?

#9375 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

XM's code is complete. There will be no more releases of code for the game.

So what's the consensus, 1.5 or 1.51?

3 weeks later
#9494 9 years ago

Almost tall enough!

image.jpgimage.jpg
1 month later
#9603 9 years ago

Not that I'll ever complete all the heroes and all the villians in the same game, but it would be nice to know that the game isn't over if I ever do it.

4 months later
#9915 8 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

This is a good reason why Stern needs to update code.
I ended up getting to danger room on ball 1( no extra balls used)then did poorly not being able to hit the Phoenix shot.
After that there was no way to get back to DR since the heroes are still lit solid.
20150806_201339.jpg

That's incredibly frustrating and should have been addressed long ago.

1 week later
#9920 8 years ago

Does anyone have any custom music for this game like The Walking Dead has? It's would be badass if the game had the 90's cartoon theme for attract mode, Magnetos theme from First Class during his Multiball, and Dies Arae for Nightcrawler to match the White House attack from X2.

1 year later
#10747 7 years ago

My HUO LE Wolverine is for sale in Glendale, AZ. $5200. Gotta make room for that baby nursery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kingoftron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=Kingoftron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.