(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jdfitzy-in-Aus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8619 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I don't know if Stern "pooped their pants" with this game. I think there were several people here that impacted how the game is viewed today. (Or...I guess you'd say that they were the ones that pooped in Stern's pants).
Even from the very beginning, X-Men was a great game. However, many people chose NOT to focus on the kickass aspects of the game, and instead took time to whine about a bunch of minuscule, largely irrelevant details. Instead of focusing on the tremendous DMD animations, and spectacular music, they'd whine about a voice they didn't like. Instead of talking about some very cool magnet tricks and super-deep gameplay, they'd complain about some missing feature in a wizard mode that 99.9% of humanity would never be able to reach anyhow.
After a while, those with positive things to say were just drowned out...and the detractors drove the narrative from there. Hobbyists were bombarded with: "X-Men is a total crap game", and tired posts like "$10k by Christmas" became the sneering response to just about everything. The reputation of the game was damaged by nit-picking, and by people that are unable to find anything pleasant to say about anything in the world around them.
Sadly enough, people who had never even seen nor played the game started believing all the negativity. ("Hey, nobody has anything nice to say about this game...it must suck!")
It's sad, because X-Men really is a great game. It gets better with every revision, but at its heart, it has never been BAD at all. It is quite a bit better than some of the Stern games that are a lot more popular.
We live in a world where it is just too easy to tear things down. It is much easier to spew negativity...and since there is an army of people willing to do the same, there is instant gratification when someone complains. Nobody focuses on the positives, because it is less rewarding in the long run. Being hyper-critical is just a better way to get attention.
It's been a while since I had a chance to really put some time on my X-Men machine. I'm telling you, it's an impressive piece of work. I really appreciate the full DMD show, and am so glad that it wasn't one of those 33% - 66% split DMD's. The animations are just incredible...particularly when you beat a villain like Juggernaut or Magneto...or get an Extra Ball or Replay. The music is incredibly varied, and fantastically composed. David Thiel did a marvelous job.
I'm very happy that I'm an owner of this game.
Pete

I concur sir, great game, great code, very happy to have it.
Haters be trippin' this is a game for the ages.
I have the pro, blinged up with LED's and a shaker & I love playing it.
If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

#8621 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

» YouTube video

And now I can die happy, having been quoted on pinside

2 years later
#10753 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

After originally owning a pro, selling it and then regretting it I got my hands on a LE yesterday.

Hey mate, nice one snagging an LE.
I had a pro a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
How does the moving ice ramp change the flow of the game?
Cheers.

4 weeks later
#10760 7 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

We're having a party this weekend so I loosened up the tilt and moved the outlane posts to the closest positions, to make the game more fun for new players. It feels like cheating after having them wide open the whole time I've owned this game!

You are 100% right, having a great game that friends can walk up to and enjoy playing is key to making them want to keep playing and have a fun night
Plus imagine how much of a legend you'll look when you can turn it on at will because you're used to a tougher game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jdfitzy-in-Aus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=Jdfitzy-in-Aus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.