(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J-Freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11819 3 years ago

I'm in the club!
Bought LesManley old muchacho pro.
Rarely see this game come up for sale around here.
Fresh LEDs and and she staring to clean up nice!
Loving the game so far, there is certainly a lot of it.

20200620_220132 (resized).jpg20200620_220132 (resized).jpg
#11821 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Congrats! You picked my old one up from Ben? You definitely don't see them around often. I had to bug John Galvin for years to get him to sell me that game. I only sold it to pick up my Magneto LE. Such a good game, enjoy it!

Yeah, I had to bug Ben for a while too lol.
She was a dirty girl after being on route for a while but its shining up.
Yeah they for sure dont't come up to often, that's why I paid up for it but I'm happy!
That spinning disc is really the only thing I want an LE for but I could see myself upgrading in the future.
I like difficult deep games (and X-men as a theme), they don't stick around too long if I can beat them too easy, except GOTG I just love that game but I can beat it pretty regularly.

#11822 3 years ago

When I got my XM it already had a Colordmd in it that I needed to remove and give back, I had one laying around so I swapped them and uploaded the 4.1 ROM, now all the blues seem purplish. (Especially noticable on the spinning X's after ball drain or the X when starting Xavier)
I hooked the first one back up and it had nice solid blues running on 3.3 ROM, I updated that one to 4.1 and same thing purplish blues.

Anyone else see the same?
Did I get a corrupted file?
I tried redownloading it and no change.

#11837 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

When I got my XM it already had a Colordmd in it that I needed to remove and give back, I had one laying around so I swapped them and uploaded the 4.1 ROM, now all the blues seem purplish. (Especially noticable on the spinning X's after ball drain or the X when starting Xavier)
I hooked the first one back up and it had nice solid blues running on 3.3 ROM, I updated that one to 4.1 and same thing purplish blues.
Anyone else see the same?
Did I get a corrupted file?
I tried redownloading it and no change.

No one else is having this issue with 4.1?

Does anyone have the 3.3 Rom file?

1 month later
#11911 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

I made an updated version of the FatPanda sound package which adds an Ice Ice Baby remix I created for when the Ice Man mode activates. Nothing else is changed. Big shout out to fatpanda for creating his awesome sound package in the first place.

Firmware download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16VuyXqZu23GgDq-DOpgzlilwRoqvSmHy/view?usp=sharing
Wav file of remixed Ice Ice Baby clip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgsejFtivnyytOySeyzK17xtmhkvofVa/view?usp=sharing

Haha I did that too, I'm adding a few other changes as well.

#11915 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

Nice! I'd be interested in what you come up with.

Just switching some of the music up, most of it is awesome but I'm not really partial to all the alt-rock stuff so I'm just gonna add my own flavor.
I added the wu-tang C.R.E.A.M. instrumental to Beast and ice ice baby remix to Iceman.
I have a few other things planned but probably won't get to it until this fall.

1 week later
#11927 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Okay that's how I thought it should look. If you loosen that screw does the ramp kind of pop up? You can see in the pictures of mine that I included that there's probably a 1/2-in gap between the top of the post in the ramp. I can push it down to secure it but I thought it would be more of a flush fit without having to do that. All of my other left ramp screws are connected and sitting flush.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine definitely has a little gangster lean towards that post. Not sure if its that much of a gap but it does have to be pushed down a little on my pro.

#11929 3 years ago

Only about an 1/8" with screw removed.
But you know this game has been around the block so to speak.
If I lift the ramp so it looks level its about the same gap as your picture.
It does seem like there should be a spacer there but the screw wouldn't accommodate much of one.

20200828_224013 (resized).jpg20200828_224013 (resized).jpg
#11930 3 years ago

Here is where the ramp looks level.

20200828_224848 (resized).jpg20200828_224848 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#11987 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Picked up a routed Xmen Pro yesterday:
[quoted image]
And here is what Ive done so far......
Updated the code to 1.51 (was on 1.02)
replaced the last incandescent lock light bulb with an LED
replaced the red and blue LEDs on the "storm board" with whites
replaced the sling rubbers with clears
replaced a bunch of easy to get to rubbers with clears
replaced the leds under the slings with comet 4x1 tower leds
used the 4x1 tower LEDs in the spot lights too (they seem to spread the light better)
[quoted image]
and I replaced the black post rubbers with clears for the newton ball mod
[quoted image]
I put a red wedge in Omega Red, a Blue in the Sentinel (Im going to replace it with purple) and orange in sabretooth and shoot again.
They were the only spare colored wedge LEDs
[quoted image]
The one thing I had to fix was the spotlight on Magneto. there wasnt 12v coming though the taps, so I pulled the tap off the wires it was on and put it onto a GI light.
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

The magneto spotlight isn't supposed to be on all the time, it only triggers when magneto multiball starts, thats why it wasn't showing voltage at rest.

1 week later
#11996 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Would be helpful if you found out specifically where they went to. My guess is that they run to a spotlight, but you will need to confirm.

Yes, spotlight or pop bumper lighting would be my guess.

1 month later
#12043 3 years ago
Quoted from Snappy:

This is probably more of a general pinball question but posting it here since it's on my X-Men... is my playfield warped? I had it sitting in a room for about 5 months where it was probably a little uneven but nothing drastic. I knew it needed to be adjusted but wanted to wait for it to be moved to it's final resting place before really dialing it in. Well, I finally moved it and now have been trying to get it level but after much adjustment I find that the pitch near the top of the playfield is 7.0, the middle is 6.5, and down by the flippers is 6.0... ?? Any advice? This is my first pin so consider me a noob. I'm using the pinguy app on my phone for leveling. Thanks in advance.

Thats is how they all are, I usually just go for the middle. Your playfield is just fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider J-Freeze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=J-Freeze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.