(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighNoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7639 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Is....this right?
There are three new tabs at the top of the Pinside Forum page. "Sticky", "Hot Topics", and "Popular Topics."
Popular Topics has this X-Men thread at #1 with 68,000+ views in the past week.
(See pic).

Odd...especially since the more active X-Men thread is number 4 with only 18,000 views. Maybe it counts every time someone clicks to a new page on the the thread and we have a bunch of sick people reading through this thread page by page. Let's see 68000 views divided by 150 pages equals 450 or so people reading through every page of this thread in the last week.

--Luke

6 months later
#7968 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not sure if I showed you folks this, but I had my extra X-Men translite (pro) signed by Stan Lee.
It's hanging on my wall now...
(He also signed my Iron Man and Spidey translites (those are in my games), and a handful of comics. Nice guy. Loves the "F' word).
Pete

Cool!

--Luke

#7969 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The game is too awesome for them to leave the DP and final wizard mode unfinished. If DP stays a typical Lonnie wiz mode, that would be fine, but there should be some difference in the final wizard MB.

This is exactly how I feel.

--Luke

4 months later
#8272 10 years ago

My hardest hero mode is Ice Man. No problems starting Professor X, or any of the others, but I just can't hit that darn Ice Man ramp.

--Luke

#8274 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

For me it seems like I can hit the Ice Man ramp when the mode isn't running. Like when Professor X starts and then I go Ice Man back to Professor X to see the mutant with no problems. But as soon as Ice Man mode starts that moving ramp seems like it must also be closing the ramp entrance b/c I can't hit it.

LOL...that sounds a lot like me. The only difference is that I have a pro, so I can't blame it on the moving ramp!

--Luke

#8276 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I also have a little trouble with the Rogue switch on my Pro. I've tested it and even change out the switch the physical switch is fine but sometimes it does not seem to register when I hit the shot I'm really confused on why this is. Perhaps it does not register a rogue hit on skill shot? I'm not sure but something has always seemed off with the Rogue switch and hit registers. Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed Rogue hits not registering on a rare occasion. It's rare enough, though, that I haven't been able to narrow down any pattern to when it might be happening.

--Luke

#8300 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The ones that don't register for me are when I shoot a rocket in there. I'm guessing the ball goes in so fast it is riding the ball guide and not even touching the playfield. making the switch wire higher and the switch more sensative may help, but I haven't tinkered with it for awhile.
I (and others) have also noticed that the Rogue switch acts differently than most of the games other switches. If you go into test mode and peck on a rollover switch fast you will hear the test tone sound as quickly as you can peck the switch. On the Rogue switch it doesn't act this way. If you peck on the switch fast it will stutter and pause and miss some "pecks". If you look at the test screen when doing this you will actually see that it is registering the switch hit, but strangely doesn't register the quick release and re-press.
I bought another switch to replace it, but another user that noticed the same thing said putting in a different switch behaved the same way and if the switch was wired to another location it acted completely normal.
So I guess I have 2 theories on what might make the Rogue act screwy.

Interesting. I wonder if the Rogue switch is debounced differently in the code.

--Luke

1 month later
#8554 10 years ago

Just beat Danger on v1.51. Very cool. Next up, I go for Dark Phoenix.

--Luke

#8556 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

That is awesome. What was your final score?

You know...I don't remember. I'll have to check when I have a chance.

--Luke

1 month later
#8561 9 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

That is awesome. What was your final score?

Finally took a look...it was 180 million or so for that game. I got to Danger Room again last night but didn't beat her. I did, however, beat Magneto and three of the villains. Score was 196 million. I'm slowly making progress towards Dark Phoenix. Who all has gotten to Dark Phoenix on the latest code?

--Luke

#8564 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Last night, I got to DR and choked in round 1. But then I completed 5 villains. Only had 2 MB villains left, both of which were ready to go, with an EB ready to be awarded at the scoop, and Deadpool ready to held. Missed shot in ball 3 bricked. Game over.
I swore a bit last night...

Man...so close! I think X-Men, more than any other game, makes me tense up when I have a shot I really need to make. On my 196 million game I posted above, I finished all of the X-Men on ball one except for Beast. Beast is usually the easiest shot for me (other than Wolverine, obviously). I bricked shot after shot trying to get Beast and lost ball 2 and an extra ball before I finally finished Beast on ball 3.

--Luke

#8565 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nice story
I still have not seen DR yet

Keep at it...DR is very cool.

--Luke

2 weeks later
#8593 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I FINALLY got in a few games on the new code.
Of course, there is a lot I don't understand (I got Deadpool to help a couple times, but don't know how I did it).
Oh man, it's like unboxing a new game again!
Just in time for the new movie, too...

Awesome! Glad it's working...enjoy!

--Luke

1 month later
#8668 9 years ago

I prefer 1.51. It has some tweaks to Dark Phoenix as well as some other miscellaneous fixes. The downside to 1.51 (according to RCade's excellent research) is that after you get Danger Room and Dark Phoenix, the hero and villain inserts don't reset. That means you can't really go around and try to get the wizard modes again. For me, though, I'm not too worried about that. How often are you going to get to both Danger Room and Dark Phoenix in one game?

--Luke

#8670 9 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that the hero lights reset after just getting to Danger Room in either 1.5 or 1.51.

The difference between the two codes is that in 1.5 there was an unfinished wizard multiball mode that would start after Danger Room and Dark Phoenix. After that wizard multiball, I believe the hero and villain lights would reset. That wizard multiball was taken out of 1.51 and thus the lights don't ever reset.

--Luke

1 week later
#8733 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Made it to Danger Room for the first time tonight! Woohoo! It was very short lived (very, very short lived, LOL), but felt SO GOOD to finally make it there. I've been close in the past, but just couldn't hit it. I can't wait to hit it again and actually get to see a little more of it someday. The tiny bit I did see was pretty awesome!
Holy crap...I need a nap after that game...

Congrats man!

#8734 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

...though I did think that they made a change where if you were in a villian mode while in Prof X mode it would go ahead and light the mutant target that you are looking for (just as if you had hit Prof X a second time to reveal the mutant). Then again...maybe I just dreamt that up.

I can confirm that this is the case in 1.51. It's actually a good strategy to beat Xavier if you have a hard time hitting the Xavier shot (you only have to hit him once to start his mode AND reveal the mutant when a villian is running).

--Luke

1 week later
#8778 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone explain how Magneto Multi-ball works?
Do you get credit only the hero shots that you have completed? Or is it all the all hero shots score hits but the completed heroes do extra damage?

All heroes do damage, but the started and completed ones do more. The ones you haven't even started only do a little.

--Luke

#8782 9 years ago

I haven't seriously collected comics in a long time, but lately I, too, have been reading the Omnibus books. I think they're well put together and I much prefer reading actual books to trying to read them on a tablet or computer.

Here's a question I have...does anyone know where I can get the X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus at a reasonable price? It's out of print and going for like $180 on ebay and Amazon. That's too pricey for me.

--Luke

#8787 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I've got bookshelves of graphic novels. It got to the point that I was running out of room. I prefer real books to the digital, but space and money have changed my reading habits. I now read almost all of my books on a tablet.
I just bought the Samsung Tab S, it has only been out for a month- weighs only a pound and has an amoled screen. It is perfect for reading comics.
Does anybody read and collect digital copies?

What size is the screen on your tablet? I tried reading them on my tablet, but I have a 7" tablet and it was hard to read. I think a bigger one would make a difference.

--Luke

#8789 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

10.5 inches, and only one pound with an awesome picture. Almost the size of a real book. It also can take a micro sd card for an expanded 128 gb of memory. I can put every X-men book every created on it. 7" is too small for me and is too hard to read the text. I also got a 12" Tab Pro, but it is a little too bulky. Not weight wise, but size wise. It is a little bigger than a real book. The Tab S is the way to go. Perfect for comics.
When I went to CAX I took it with me and read about 2 dozen books to read as we were there 3 days and I had some down time.

Interesting...thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out.

--Luke

1 week later
#8794 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Just playing this tonight...
Is there a Stern game with better dots??
Also, I hit the super-secret skill shot for the first time ever. What complete luck to nail that one...

Nope...there isn't! I love that skill shot...the animation always surprises me because I get it so infrequently.

Quoted from Lermods:

My skill shot disables if it hits the switch just above the upper flipper where the ball drops down from the plunge. Makes for a tricky plunge.

Mine does this too.

--Luke

#8795 9 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Here's a question I have...does anyone know where I can get the X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus at a reasonable price? It's out of print and going for like $180 on ebay and Amazon. That's too pricey for me.
--Luke

I ended up getting the "Complete Age of Apolcalypse Epic" trades volumes 1-4 instead. I would have liked the omnibus but not at that price and I was too impatient to wait for a reprint.

Interestingly enough, The volume 1 that I got came with a volume 1 cover, but the pages inside were the volume 2 issues. Weird how that could have happened. So I still need to get a volume 1.

--Luke

#8815 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So I haven't read all the 'rules' threads, but could someone tell me is the code done, or is it still missing chunks of Wizard code?
To me it's probably academic, but curious.
Also, for DR you need to complete all the heroes and hit the scoop or you need to complete all the heroes plus defeat Magneto?
Also what is DR about? What's the objective can you beat it or just rack up points? Are there any good animations?

As far as I know, Danger Room and Dark Phoenix are done. I've been to DR a half dozen times but not to DP yet. To get to DR, completing all the heroes lights DR at the scoop. Then just hit the scoop.

DR is awesome. There is a definite objective that is not easy to finish. I won't ruin it for you, but I have completed it once. Animations, and sounds, are fantastic! Also, plenty of points to be had.

--Luke

#8819 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks, that's a goal I could maybe get to.
DF is from defeating all the Villains or do you need to defeat DR and Magneto also?
I thought someone said some of the wizard modes were just placeholders?

I think you just have to defeat the villains to get DP, and not Magneto or DR...but I'm not sure.

Quoted from judremy:

If you do manage to complete both, then you are stuck as there is no wizard mode that "resets" the heroes and villains.

I don't worry about this too much. Since I haven't even made it to DP yet, I don't think there will be very many games where I actually get to both.

--Luke

#8820 9 years ago

Just curious...has anyone made it to Dark Phoenix?

--Luke

#8823 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I've only made it to Danger room twice. Closest I've been to Dark Phoenix is 5 out of 7 villians. But I find myself rarely going for villians. I got the 5 out of 7 when I was playing just to light and battle villians through re-lighting the villian insert from the Brotherhood targets. I mainly play for Hero's.

That's as far as I've made it, too. Five of seven completed, one flashing. I find myself going for the villains more these days and neglecting the heroes, just to try to get there.

--Luke

1 week later
#8844 9 years ago

Pro from factory comes with pegs only. I'd order these so you can have them ready when it arrives. Pegs are just inadequate IMO.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1956

I've made it to Dark Phoenix (3 ball, inlanes all the way in, tilt medium) on new code about 4 times and completed it once. That was a monster game though was over a billion best game I've ever played in my life.

Sweet! I have my Pro set up similar (3 ball, liberal inlanes, factory settings) and I got close this weekend. All villains completed except Sentinels (one of the easiest, I find). And I had Deadpool ready. And then I drained.

Oh well...I'm so close I can taste it! Seems like it would be easier if I could ever earn that Nightcrawler extra ball.

--Luke

#8856 9 years ago

Made it to Dark Phoenix for the first time this afternoon. Very cool wizard mode...only made it about halfway to the jackpot, though. Final score of around 326,000,000. In my opinion, Danger Room and Dark Phoenix are two of the best wizard modes yet.

--Luke

#8860 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

yes +1
I am also entered the dark phoenix yesterday
I find "danger room" most successful in my opinion
X-MEN is an incredibly good games

Sweet! Good job!

--Luke

#8882 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought you could only set one extra ball fixed limit? Is there a setting to award more than one limit so you can get more xballs? I gave one set at 20 and that's it. Would love to have another set at 75 or 100 mil and then another at 200 mil.

I think there's a setting for number of replay levels or something like that. Yours is probably set at one. Increase it to two or three and you should be good to go.

--Luke

EDIT: Oops...Marcus (Xerico) beat me to it.

#8885 9 years ago

Also, if trying for Dark Phoenix focus a bit on combos to initiate Deadpool as many times as you can. Having Deadpool makes it so much easier to complete the villains that are the hardest.

Great advice! Also...

Focus on lighting Villain at the scoop and try to have a villain running as much as possible. Two strategies for this (I do both):

1) Make sure you light the Launch lanes as many times as possible. Every time a ball comes down a ramp return, concentrate on lining up the Launch lights so that you can collect one of them.

2) Shoot for the Brotherhood and Hellfire clubs, but don't start actually these modes until you've completed the other villains. Once you qualify BH and HFC, it only takes one shot to the respective targets to relight the villain light (as long as you don't start that MB). This is the quickest way to relight the villain light.

Also, try to take a villain into Weapon X MB or Magneto MB. This can be just as useful for beating them as Deadpool (almost, anyway).

--Luke

#8892 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

How would you rank the villains, from easiest to hardest?
I always seem to struggle with Shadow King and Omega Red. At least....without Deadpool.
Pete

My ranking without Deadpool:

Hardest:

Shadow King is the hardest for me. Even with Deadpool, you still have to make the final shot to Xavier yourself (Deadpool doesn't make final shots). Xavier is the hardest shot on the board for me.

Omega Red. Not as hard as Shadow King, but can be tough. Much easier with Deadpool.

Middle of the road:

Juggernaut. I usually fight Jugs without Deadpool, but only because he is easy right up to that last shot to Xavier.

Hellfire Club. Definite Deadpool Candidate, but can be done without.

Brotherhood. Another Deadpool Candidate, but also can be done without.

Easiest:

Sentinels. Not very hard because you can shoot any shot. I like to start them with Magneto. I rarely waste a Deadpool on them.

Sabertooth. Shoot a few combos and he's done. Don't really need Deadpool, but sometimes I'll start him with Weapon X.

--Luke

#8893 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

To get to "Danger Room", you have to complete the X-Men AND defeat Magneto during Magneto MB.
Marcus

That depends on the version of the code you're running. I'm pretty sure that you only have to beat the X-Men on the latest code and not Magneto.

--Luke

#8895 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have 1.51. I have to beat Magneto on my game in order to get to Danger Room.
Marcus

I'm positive that I have made it to Danger Room without beating Magneto on 1.51 code. Do you have hero stacking on or off? I think hero stacking affects the Danger Room qualifier. I have it off.

--Luke

#8898 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Ah. I have hero stacking on now. It was off, and that explains why I could have sworn I had not beaten Magneto when I got to Danger Room for the first time back when I first got the game.
Marcus

Phew...that makes me feel better. I was starting to doubt my sanity.

If I recall correctly, here is how you qualify Danger Room:

Hero stacking off (default): Complete all heroes
Hero stacking on: Start all heroes (don't have to complete) and beat Magneto SJP

--Luke

#8902 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I find this very interesting.
To me, Xavier is not hard at all.
To me the hardest are:
Rogue (I mean how do you guys hit Rogue? that is the one shot that I get on a lucky shot nothing else).
Storm (very hard, try to set up with Cyclops or Beast but very difficult)
Beast (tight on my machine, but I'm getting better)
Ice/Cyclops/Phoenix/Xavier (all about medium difficulty to me) or in other words the easiest shots save Wolverine.

I suspect the difference is that I have a pro. Wolverine on my pro is moved over so the Beast shot is easier but the Xavier shot is harder. Beast is a piece of cake on my machine. The only one that I have a really hard time with is Xavier.

I'm not sure I have any advice on Storm/Rogue. They're easier to set up with Cyclops than with Beast because the ball comes around a lot faster from a good Beast shot. Not overly hard on my machine, but they did take some practice for sure.

--Luke

#8907 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think, with hero stacking on, you need to start all hero modes FIRST, and then complete Magneto SJP, AND I also think you have to complete the Mag SJP after starting a max 4 ball multiball.
In other words, with stacking on, if you get a Mag SJP first, and then start all heroes, you will not get to DR. If you start all heroes first, and then start a Mag MB, but only as a 2 or 3 ball (i.e. you only lock 2 balls, and bash the center shot enough to start the Mag multiball), and you get a Mag SJP in that mode, that still won't get you to Danger Room. I could be wrong but I think that's the qualifications.

Ahh...interesting. Makes sense.

--Luke

3 weeks later
#8973 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I believe a scoop hit on the LE will also give you a rollover hit to work toward lighting villain.

This also works on the Pro.

--Luke

#9002 9 years ago

Ask and you shall receive...Xavier mode shots. I put this together last year with help from others on this thread.

--Luke

XavierModeTable4.JPGXavierModeTable4.JPG

3 weeks later
#9145 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but if you have Hero stacking off it would still be better to delay Magneto because you will do more damage right?

Right. And score more points per hit.

--Luke

3 weeks later
#9173 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

dont take me for a fool, but still think/feel this game is not too hard (well not as hard as i was reading here & there before buying it)
we have now +/- 100 games played on our Magneto, already 7 times to danger room (just 1 fully completed), and 1 time to dark phoenix...
than it's 8% of our games going to a wizard mode
PS fun tip : also got all the 4 balls in the scoop during a Magneto MB (due only to hazard i admit)

Pretty easy when it's set on 10 ball...

--Luke

#9183 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

all rules options are on factory settings

That's quite impressive! That brings up a question for me...what games do you consider to be hard?

--Luke

1 week later
#9204 9 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

I finally reached Dark Phoenix after owning this since day 1.
My settings are 3 ball, non stacking heroes, replay at 50k and 100k.
Lighting Brotherhood or Hellfire asap definitely is the way to start Villians more often.

Great job! Not an easy task...

Do you mean 50 million and 100 million?

--Luke

#9211 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I've noticed the light when I was taking the assembly apart....but have never known when/why it lights in-game.
Seems pretty useless.
Doesn't Mags have a light inside his toy, too?

Yeah...the Magneto light shines out the holes (rivets?) in his neck area.

--Luke

#9232 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure evbd is really aiming for "combos"
i did have well the cyborg+left ramp shot, remind me quorra+right ramp
what are your best ?
did 103 yesterday (still in 5 balls)

5 balls???? I thought you said you had your game on factory settings!

--Luke

#9236 9 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol, was surelly in a "JC VANDAMME" mood when posted...
@Luke : yep, the 5 balls settings was already precised too since the begining, now you feel i'm less "good" than

LOL...I'm just giving you a hard time. Actually, even on 5 ball it's not easy to get to Dark Phoenix. So I still think you're good.

--Luke

1 month later
#9282 9 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Lets build this out as a team real quick. The PAPA folks just put up my Rules Sheet for Walking Dead, and are excited to add this one, once its done. Many hands make light work.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXQg7NEYahyzLrrT-E3WXAmhKNtT-eVfqc5GEWZdHL0/edit?usp=sharing

I did quite a bit of work on the doc this morning, mostly just fleshing things out. One thing that I revised was the info about starting Danger Room...it wasn't quite right. Also, I put in some red bold text where I think there still needs to be more info.

Do you want to put names at the top for people that contributed?

--Luke

#9283 9 years ago

Also, Rcade has done all this work already in very high detail. With his permission, maybe we should just compile his notes into a rules document.

--Luke

4 months later
#9692 8 years ago

Changing the subject back about 6 months...It's been a while, I think, since anyone has worked on the X-Men rulesheet. Can we go ahead and submit it to PAPA?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXQg7NEYahyzLrrT-E3WXAmhKNtT-eVfqc5GEWZdHL0

--Luke

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighNoon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=HighNoon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.