(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11576 4 years ago

cnuts13 I just had the same nightcrawler problem. Check the 2 fuses under the playfield (not in the backbox) to see if they've blown. If they have you can try replacing them, but if they blow again straight away, it's probably an issue with blown transistors on the aux driver board (search this forum for it). I had to order a replacement board (part number 520-5325-00) and all was good once it was replaced.

I was advised by the distributor to check the nightcrawler coils, magnets and relays powered by the aux board for shorts before installation - but everything was good, so not sure what cause the aux board to blow (but it certainly had - when we tested the old board 2 of the transistors had gone).

#11580 4 years ago

I think if the magnets are also not working its definitely the aux board (it basically controls nightcrawlers, magnets and a few relays) - surprised the under-playfield fuses are intact (although they might just seem ok - I've seen some fuses blown that seem fine visually). It's a pain as it means you'll have to order another board and wait for it.

Note that the link in the post above is for a Rev. A board, which exhibited a lot of problems. Stern eventually produced a Rev. B board which is less likely to have issues in future - its not bulletproof though because my board that went was actually a Rev. B.

Anyway - what I'm trying to say is it's maybe best to contact your local Stern distributor and order a Rev. B board replacement.

2 months later
#11604 4 years ago

I think this has become my absolute favourite pin - and it's sitting next to LOTR LE, GB Prem and AFMRLE so it's up against some pretty stiff competition.

It's such a cracking game with an absolute tonne of things to do. Some great rules, 2 magnets, pop ups, spinner, moving ramp, 4 multiballs, 2 wizard modes and some really cool shots. It looks amazing, and with a new sound mix by @fatpanda it sounds fab as well. Not much to dislike really - it can be quite difficult but who wants an easy game?

I've added a colourDMD, the newton mod (which is brilliant), subwoofer and some nice bold artfx characters that I thought matched the theme really well. I also put some Marvel Select characters on top - the Juggernaut one is immense it weighs a tonne for it's size!

Action packed underrated gem this one (imho).

20190822_172049 (resized).jpg20190822_172049 (resized).jpg20190822_171737 (resized).jpg20190822_171737 (resized).jpg20190822_171725 (resized).jpg20190822_171725 (resized).jpg20190822_171746 (resized).jpg20190822_171746 (resized).jpg20190822_171732 (resized).jpg20190822_171732 (resized).jpg20190822_171815 (resized).jpg20190822_171815 (resized).jpg20190822_171840 (resized).jpg20190822_171840 (resized).jpg
#11607 4 years ago

Ha ha ha... I just couldn't help myself...

#11609 4 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Where did you get your Wolverine from?

It was from eBay - it's the Marvel Diamond Select Bust. I actually got it pretty cheap because one of the "ears" is slightly chipped but it's really not noticeable. I did have to dremel off the base to allow it to fit though... Some of the Bowen busts are pretty good too I hear.

2 years later
#12250 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

It’s taken me 9 years and 1 month but I finally got there! 2x extra balls and almost choked on ball 3!!! But I finally got to Danger Room! Now to get dark phoenix!! Can’t believe I finally got there!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!!! Wow 9 years that is an epic quest.

Closest I ever got was only having Professor X left and I managed to start it twice and fail both times. Of all the modes - most of the time I complete it purely by accident! The Iceman ramp is super hard to hit (maybe it's just on my machine), so usually I'm left with that one or Wolverine.

I really cannot see how I would ever get to Dark Phoenix. The villain modes are so much harder.

#12254 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone have any custom voice or music code?

I use this one it's awesome! Has music and callouts from the animated series:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-sound-replacement-package

#12255 2 years ago

Oooh so close! Only Iceman to go (you can't tell from the pic but iceman is flashing). I just had the typical dynamite ball 1, getting 5 heroes, extra ball etc then ball 2 was ok, got through some villains too but then ball 3 went pretty quick.

One thing that definitely seems to rack up decent points is getting Deadpool's help and then starting Brotherhood or Hellfire Club multiballs.

Fantastic game.

20211109_211208 (resized).jpg20211109_211208 (resized).jpg
#12261 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

This game is way to stingy with extra balls. You should get one after you defeat each villain. I don't see how I'll ever beat this game but I'll keep trying...

You definitely get one for completing 3 heroes, and then Nightcrawler - I always aim to get to that for the base of a good game. I think after that you get another if you complete 3 more heroes? Not sure about villains, I only ever complete 1 or 2 of those and maybe one of the multiballs.

Stick at it - it's taken me about 3 years to get close to Danger Room, but I've almost made it on my last 3 games in a row now. It's close I can feel it... (next 50 games are sure to be terrible ha ha).

1 month later
#12284 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Friend of mine has a Magneto with an aftermarket sound package/setup. Color DMD and Mirror blades.
Damn.
It is amazing how different it is from my Wolverine edition. Makes the pin feel way more modern.

I cannot stress how much the custom sound, color DMD, mirror blades and also the newton ball mod elevate this pin - it's like getting a whole new game.

#12286 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Am I the only one that doesn't like the Newton ball?

Wow that's actually a huge surprise - I know it's kind of changing the way the game was designed (in a very minor way), it alters it ever so slightly just to open up the Beast/Xavier shots a touch, while making Wolverine multiball something you have to shoot for instead of accidentally starting it all the time.

I was amazed at those subtle changes it made - really opened the game up for me.

1 week later
#12315 2 years ago

Most modes are timed though that's just how it is. In all of my (5) Stern machines I can't think of any modes outside of MBs that don't time out.

I just bought an ACNC where NONE of the modes are timed and it feels a bit strange to be able to stop/pause without consequence.

Plus, when modes don't time out they can have a tendency to drag on. In ACNC it's not too much of a problem they seem to have struck a good balance of having the modes finish with only a few shots, but those shots are hard to make.

#12321 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The game is a bitch man. Maybe the hardest game I’ve owned to make Wizard modes.
But the challenge is rich and the game is exhilarating and fun.
It’s also not a hot mess of scoring and random elements like so many recent Sterns. It’s heroes and villains and that’s that. Simple, but oh so difficult.

Yep that's what I've always loved about this game. The rules are so simple but its so damn hard to get to either wizard mode!

See also ACNC which i've also just got recently. Defeat the monsters, and that's about it for the rules. Another awesome game.

9 months later
#12419 1 year ago

I recently sold my XMen Magneto LE and it's probably the one machine I would buy again in the future. I had it for 4 years and thought it was one of the most underrated machines out there. Buy yourself a Magneto LE, put the Wolverine newton ball mod on it (no matter what anyone says it DOES dramatically improve the game) and FatPanda's audio mix and you have a winner.

Oh get a Colour DMD too for this one - the animations are amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=Ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.