(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9239 9 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has looked at replacing the crappy decalled switch of the night crawlers into something like the troll setup on MM? It's be an awesome mod and add some real Polish to the game too

10 months later
#10038 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I just mean with stacking on it's impossible to make heads or tails of what you are supposed to be shooting for (unless you already know). I know what I need to be shooting for, but I can't get past what a mess it is with hero modes stacked.

100% agree with you here Dug! Stacking is horrible! It means you'll get further in the game but I like a challenge. I think I got magneto super jackpot for the second time ever last night and i've owned the game since new! Ive never reached danger room or dark Phoenix either but hopefully one day I'll get there!

4 weeks later
#10088 8 years ago

I just had 4 or 5 games on mine this morning. I love it more than lamp! I defeated magneto twice (I think I'd done it less than 10x previously) and just all around had a few great games! Such a good game almost got to dark Phoenix with one more bad guy to beat!

1 month later
#10155 8 years ago

Villain modes are definitely worth playing. You can easily rack up big scores completing them. I always try and start sentinels BEFORE I start wolvie or magneto multiball because then it's an easy complete. When I get deadpool I'll go for one of the harder villain modes to complete and go about completing (well trying to) it that way. If you've got hellfire or brotherhood lit just leave them as one hit to either of those targets lights villains to start again which makes it a 1000x easier to get back into a villain mode.

#10157 8 years ago

I'm having a problem with my xmen Le where when I lock a ball behind the forks and then start either Rogue or night crawler mode, where the nightcrawlers activate, I get phantom magneto lock hits. Now I'm not sure if it happens when there are two or more balls in there but it's frustrating as if you don't close the mode fast enough magneto multiball will start. Any thoughts anyone?

#10162 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The ball is vibrating and triggering the switch. The work around is to set the game on virtual locks. The tradeoff is the spinning ball multiball start will not be available.

That's the coolest part of the game I don't want to trade off doing that! I've got virtual locks on atm and I keep getting magneto and getting disappointed that I don't have 2/3/4 balls spinning on the wheel!

Quoted from rotordave:

Yes Nate, as Jeff says the locked ball will be bouncing on the lock switch.
Just adjust the gap and make it a little less sensitive and hopefully all will be sweet.
rd

Ok so I'd have to lift the switch higher? So it gives more pressure down on the switch when held down by a ball?

1 week later
#10179 8 years ago

I installed the mezelmod Newton ball mod and I must say its pretty good! I like how it opens the beast and xavier shots and it makes those modes a whole bunch more obtainable than before! The installation was relatively easy although the posts and the Newton ball were a pain the bum to screw into the plastic provided! But it's a mod well worth doing

#10198 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I've run into this as well when I make the beast shot quickly, the ball goes up the storm ramp and off. I'm thinking of increasing the height of the left-most spacer to see if it can pull the ball back down. That's my idea right now...

Yeah I've had this same thought too just needs to be a little higher on the left side it frustrates me the rejects I get on that ramp!

#10202 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hey guys was wondering if any one knows how many shots it takes to get wolverine on your team, I understand what to do , hit him make a shot rinse an repeat, but how many times does this have to be done before his solidly lit on your team ?? Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure it's about 8 wolvie shot sets. 4 if you hit the set that are flashing faster 8 if you hit the set flashing slower. If you hit the set flashing slower they will then become the set flashing faster. Eg you hit ice man ramp (who was flashing slowly) as your first shot of the set then hit wolvie now iceman, cyclops and Phoenix are now flashing faster and worth 2x sets in the mode, that was worth 1 set now, now you have to get 7 more sets.

#10215 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Sorry just want to confirm, what exactly do you mean by sets?

A set is a flashing shot then a shot to Wolvie. Rinse repeat.

2 months later
#10280 8 years ago

I was only wolverine off getting to danger room. Last night! Had a 121 mil game! So much fun! Everything just clicked that one game

#10287 8 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Hey.. Looking to try 1.50 on my Wolverines. Does anyone have it available?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure I've got it on my pc where can I upload it to for you?

#10313 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Of the people that HAVE tried the captive ball, what is the verdict? Is there anyone that tried it and thought it made the game worse or too easy?

Captive ball mod is awesome! I was hesitant to put it in but after install I really love it! It makes beast and xavier a 1000x easier to hit it opens up the playfield view by not having him there and it makes wolvie that little bit harder to start and complete! And I've had my best game ever on it scoring 121mil on it a few nights ago. Get the mod it is certainly a game changer

2 months later
#10420 7 years ago

Same place that sell the Newton ball mod Mezelmods. Get the newton ball mod instead it's 100% a game changer for me! Make the beast and xavier shots easier and you don't get and nuisance wolverine hits because of the major shot blocking he does. But on the flip side it makes hitting him that much harder which is a plus for me during his multiball. You've got to aim at him instead of blindly flailing

1 month later
#10490 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I dislike WOZ greatly. However, I don't bother going into the WOZ threads to disparage it.
Not a good use of my time, and not in the interest of the thread.
Sorta like going into a vegetarian restaurant and waving around a side of beef. What's the point? What's to gain from doing that? How will their lives been enhanced by your actions? Answer - they won't. So don't do it.
rd

You just need to play it more RD great game! When I was going to buy it after the fiasco down here I played it a few times to think weither or not to put my money down. Did not like it, I wanted to like it but I was putting up scores of 10k a getting nowhere fast! Then I played a few games with Timmy where he explained what to do and it was like a bolt of lightning struck me and the brilliance of the game came out. But hey that's me and I love my Xmen too

#10491 7 years ago

As RD said xmen stacking for me is a no. It is a cluster F. When the hero stacking came out in 1.3 (I think) I played a few games and reverted to 1.25! It was just too much for me and I really didn't like it. And leaving hero stack off makes the game harder as you've got to progress through the modes individually.

#10492 7 years ago

Oh and if you want more of a challenge and to open up beast/xavier a little get RD's Newton ball mod! I love it! The mod has a two pronged effect.
1 makes beast/xavier that ever so slight bit easier to hit (both shots are still hard you just don't have Wolvie blocking your shot)
2 makes Wolvie harder to start because you're not accidentally hitting him when going for the beast shot

I generally don't mod my games much if at all but this mod is certainly a game changer

#10498 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, I was playing PaulOzs WOZ last week, and was saying to someone you need to have this thing in your house for a month to figure out WTF is going on with it.
I think for home use, it's great!
But it fails as an amusement machine, because you should be able to walk up to something, and within a game, figure out "hit wolverine 3 times and multiball starts" or "hit magneto a number of times and multiball starts" or whatever. WOZ ... I've played it 30 times and I still don't know what to do lol
rd

1000% agree here RD. You can't get a feel for what to do by just playing. I think with the new code it says something on the screen about what to do. But other than that it's bs... The only things that really feels intuitive on the game are the skill shots and emerald city multiball start once you've got the locks

#10499 7 years ago

Back to xmen and how awesome that game is ps timebandit if you want to try the Newton ball mod before you buy it you're more than welcome to come to western Sydney for a game or 10

#10518 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

how difficult is the newton ball mod to install?

It isn't too hard to install I found that the plastic was a little tight to install and where you put the posts in was really tight too! I think they could've used posts with hexs around the base to make it easier to install but it works and I'd highly recommend it!

#10531 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Ive always wondered why prof x isnt included in the eligible shots on wolvie multiball.

He's the final shot needed to complete him when the boss guy comes up

2 weeks later
#10579 7 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Joining the club today. Trading a IMVE for it.
Can't wait to get it home and setup!

Love my iron man and my xmen not sure who would leave first...

#10581 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I did love my IMVE. I can tell you this though, I am IN love with my X-Men LE. I'm currently death matching X-Men with machines I thought were keepers. It is leaving a trail of bodies.

I know it is and they're selling like hot cakes! It is an awesome game!

#10591 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My Ironman sits right next to Xmen.
If you only had two pins, they would be a sweet match. Short games on Ironman, longer games on Xmen. Great combo.
rd

100% true RD add in TWD and you've got a range of games that will just punish you and let you have a sweet sweet game occasionally! I still can't believe people dislike this game so much! It has 4x multi balls! 13x modes, 2x wizard modes and cheesy call outs so much fun to be had!

1 month later
#10672 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Next candidate in the X-Men death match challenge. The loser of this match is not necessarily straight out the door like the last three victims (their sacrifice gained me more room), but I am intrigued as to how far X-Men can go. If it ever does get beaten, it's going to take a big name to do it.
The. Most. Underrated. Game.

That's a nice looking AFM right there! Where did you get it I'm on the look out all the time but nothing

1 week later
#10684 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Does anyone have access to the earlier roms? Id like to see the differences in dark phoenix, assuming there are any.

Which ones do you want? I think I have a few. I know I have 1.5 and probably a few others

2 months later
#10739 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Let the next installment of the death match commence!

Hey that looks familiar...

3 months later
#10807 7 years ago

Ok so question. I've never gotten either wizard mode in 5 years but I've been having some good games lately so I think I'm close.

I've been playing to get to danger room. I qualified all the characters and completed everyone but one. Should danger room be lit to start or do I need to score the super jackpot in magneto multiball?

My settings are heroes don't stack. Heroes and villians stack.

What am I missing? Is it the same with the villains? Complete them all?

I think I've gotten 5 extra balls ever and 4 of them have come in the past 4 days

#10811 7 years ago

Ok I was 1 hero off completing the heroes and I had started magneto earlier in the game. I'm going to say it was Phoenix that I hadn't finished. Kind of struggle a little with that loop shot. Been smashing the beast and Xavier shots lately which is satisfying albeit with the newton ball mod. Such a great game!

2 weeks later
#10843 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced the decal/pad on the magneto spinning disc?

#10845 6 years ago

Apparently it's a 820-7001-00 but I haven't seen it or know how much it cost

#10846 6 years ago

Also just to let everyone know I've created some storage for old code files. I've got all the xmen from 124 to 150. I can't remember if I've got 151 but I should get that if I don't. If you want the details just pm me for them

1 month later
#10891 6 years ago

Has anyone replaced the magneto spinning disc decal? I've got some decals coming soon and was wondering how much of a bitch it was to change...

#10894 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Where did you find replacement decals?

My distrobutor got them in for me I rang stern support and got the part number I'll post when I find the part number at work tomorrow

1 month later
#10937 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Wear at the scoop and magnets. And being amazed by the great game play.

Bahaaaaaaaaa! Amazed by telephone awesome gameplay I love it! Just as much as I love Xmen Magneto by the way! Get a LE if you can. And if you get a LE get the newton ball mod and colour dmd

2 months later
#11005 6 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Anyone find a source to replace the magnet disc decal?

As in a new decal from stern? Yes you can get them. I've bought some and gave you the part number a few months ago. The new decal is 820-7001-00

5 months later
#11194 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The only two problems I ever had with the right LE ramp was 9friend owned one):
- It doesn't feed the ball to the inlane like the pro does, thus making starting blackbird and villan modes much more difficult as now only the left ramp/Xavier shots feed an inlane switch.
- The feed from the ramp to the right flipper. Never felt smooth.
The movement of the ramp added to the strategy of when to shoot it so I din't mind it that much. It was because of the two items above though that I eventually bought the pro.

Simple solution hit the Hellfire or brotherhood targets to get them ready and start other villains before you start those multiballs. Then once you finish that villain hit the brotherhood or Hellfire targets once and hey presto you’re ready to start another villain

2 weeks later
#11217 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ok fellow X-Men members. I need your help. I'm looking for a few things to get Magneto back into tip top shape. First thing I need are both Blackbird scoop plastics. I know they are in the full plastic set, but does anyone have any they would sell as I would rather not buy the whole set? Second, the right ramp Nightcrawler plastic is all cracked up. It's the one that sits on top of the mech and is flush with the playfield when it is lowered. I didn't see that plastic in the plastic set, so I am not even sure where you can get that one. Finally, my Wolverine is really low on the playfield. Basically sitting right on it. He registers hits, but the ball will get stuck under his right arm. Is there a way to raise him up? He wasn't that low on my Pro and I never had a problem with him or shooting the Beast shot. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There’s two screws in his back. From memory you’ll have to move a couple of things behind him to get to them. But the best way is to buy the newton ball mod. It’s AWESOME! It just makes the game so much better!

2 months later
#11343 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

isnt there a way to qualify a villian easier with brotherhood?

Yeah you qualify brotherhood or Hellfire start a villain mode that IS NOT one of those multiballs then once completed or failed it’s one shot to either of those 4 targets (Hellfire or brotherhood) to relit villain modes again

3 weeks later
#11404 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Who doesn’t?
rd

Me but I already own one

1 week later
#11414 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

3d printed (mentioned this in an earlier post).
Here is a WIP of painting. I've gone for colors closer to what is on the artwork itself. Chrome claws and metallic blue instead of flat.
[quoted image]

I’d be interested in one of these

1 year later
#11649 4 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Can you please explain this, the best way to approach the side targets

You need to hit the targets outside of any of the hero modes when you do that to have the villain modes ready to go. So you can then play a villain mode eg sabretooth and when you finish him, drain or lose your time all you have to do to get back to villain modes is hit one of the side targets again (if you’ve qualified both hell fire and brotherhood)

3 months later
#11766 4 years ago

I’ve been playing the heck out of my new toys DI and Deadpool so I hadn’t played xmen for several weeks until tonight when I powered it on. Man what a cracking game. Flow and good to great code. Out of my collection I’d dare say it’s probably #2 on any given day and it’s got some stiff competition!!

11 months later
#12160 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know how to do it, but it can be a real bitch! Been getting better at it.
Shooting the "better" shots (screen arrow / blinking faster) just gives you more points, rather than helping you complete the mode faster, correct?

I thought it did both. Eg to start with the oath is on the left of the machine. So if you shoot a combo of 4 (I believe) left shots and Wolvie you’ll reach the boss where you can shoot Xavier or Magneto (2x shots) to finish him. If you shoot an incorrect path shot (eg a right shot at the beginning) it takes longer to complete Wolvie. I believe...

3 weeks later
#12173 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nice! I have only gotten Danger Room a handful of times in the 8+ years I have owned it. I've never sniffed Dark Phoenix. Love the game, even if I rarely do well. That had to be a crazy long game to complete both the hero and villain paths like that! Well done.

I’ve NEVER been to either of them I’ve gotten close to danger room once or twice having complete all heroes but one!! One fking hero!

2 months later
#12188 2 years ago

That’s cool. I’d love one but the games already at room height

3 weeks later
#12194 2 years ago

Has anyone got the installation instructions for the night crawler led mod? I bought it years ago and never got around to installing it.

3 weeks later
#12223 2 years ago

Xmen is a fantastic game. Call outs are ok, music is awesome and the flow is great. I recently tweaked mine a little bit and it plays sooo nice now! Don’t know why I didn’t do it years ago…

Does anyone’s blackbird lamp pop out? I recently changed mine and the damn thing pops out every other game! Should I just whack a spot of silicon there to keep the lamp in? Or what do people use? I tried jamming some paper in there as well but to no luck

1 month later
#12237 2 years ago

Did this kid to my xmen I really like it. Still the best mod is the Newton ball but this is a clear second best mod

DFD5A0B6-30C5-4E13-807D-5D4ACD7CFC89 (resized).jpegDFD5A0B6-30C5-4E13-807D-5D4ACD7CFC89 (resized).jpeg
#12239 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

I have been thinking about that mod. How hard of an install was it? It looks pretty sweet.

I just cut some coloured sheets up and jammed it between the pcb and the playfield. Piece of piss really

1 month later
#12245 2 years ago

It’s taken me 9 years and 1 month but I finally got there! 2x extra balls and almost choked on ball 3!!! But I finally got to Danger Room! Now to get dark phoenix!! Can’t believe I finally got there!!

0EA86205-0271-4CD1-9371-D00EA80CE797 (resized).jpeg0EA86205-0271-4CD1-9371-D00EA80CE797 (resized).jpeg2DFA9F13-F3B6-4496-80E6-37AF2D671095 (resized).jpeg2DFA9F13-F3B6-4496-80E6-37AF2D671095 (resized).jpeg
#12247 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Totally envious of your fantastic achievement! What was the hardest mode to finish on your way to the Wizard mode?

The last two modes I had were Phoenix and Storm. I think I had a multiball going when I completed Phoenix and managed to complete storm with 1 second remaining before I had to requalify her mode for the third time. I’m in total shock that I managed to get to one of the wizard modes. I’ve been a mode or two away before and never gotten to it.

#12253 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Awesome!!! Wow 9 years that is an epic quest.
Closest I ever got was only having Professor X left and I managed to start it twice and fail both times. Of all the modes - most of the time I complete it purely by accident! The Iceman ramp is super hard to hit (maybe it's just on my machine), so usually I'm left with that one or Wolverine.
I really cannot see how I would ever get to Dark Phoenix. The villain modes are so much harder.

Yeah I was on fire on this game. I saw I had storm and Phoenix left on ball 2 with an extra ball in hand. Managed to get those two knocked over on the extra ball so I had danger room lit on ball 3 drained and I think the ball save wasn’t flashing so I had my heart in my mouth thinking I’d blown it but the ball came back and I managed to drop it into the scoop! Winning!

#12256 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Oooh so close! Only Iceman to go (you can't tell from the pic but iceman is flashing). I just had the typical dynamite ball 1, getting 5 heroes, extra ball etc then ball 2 was ok, got through some villains too but then ball 3 went pretty quick.
One thing that definitely seems to rack up decent points is getting Deadpool's help and then starting Brotherhood or Hellfire Club multiballs.
Fantastic game.
[quoted image]

DAMN oh so close!! Next time gadget! Next time!

2 months later
#12327 2 years ago
Quoted from TomSS20:

I got ahold of an LE Magneto. Nightcrawlers didn't work, so I installed a new aux driver rev b board (it had one already, guessing it was bad) and new fuses and everything worked for about two months. Then NCs started acting funny, then stuck in the up position. 3A fuses blown under playfield. Replaced them and they immediately shot up and blew the fuses again. I have read about this issue in this forum. I am curious to know if anyone that has had this issue, where the Rev B Aux Driver boards fails more than once, has been able to solve it? Thanks.

Mine blew 3x sent the game back to the distro to fix and they haven’t missed a beat in 8 years. Not sure what they did so sorry I can’t really help in that department.

1 month later
#12352 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

About a month into ownership of a x men magneto le. Traded a Simpsons for it. Installed colordmd, wolverine newton ball mod, sound mod and upgraded to some brighter LEDs. What a game!
It's quickly earned prime spot in my collection!

Xmen is a fantastic game. Such a sleeper. Shots are great. I like the different villains they all feel different. And so do the heroes. Borg is the man

7 months later
#12398 1 year ago

You can get the mod from Mezel still. Great mod 1000% recommend it. I think magneto version is better looking than the Wolverine version. I think there were 250 units of each

https://mezelmods.com/collections/x-men-pinball-mods/products/x-men-wolverine-newton-bracket-kit

#12402 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Almost.
300 Wolverine, 250 Magneto.

Close but no cigar

2 weeks later
#12412 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi everyone,
I'm a big X-Men fan and considering adding the game to my collection based on my love of the theme. I haven't played the game but have seen there are some pretty tough critics in the online reviews. As owners of the game, what are your thoughts about X-Men as far as gameplay enjoyment? Are there some must install mods and such that you all have found to add significantly to the game? What are some thoughts on pro vs LE models?
Thank you!

Xmen has outlasted both lotr and Star Wars. I love the shots, modes are well thought out and the call outs whilst cheesy fit the theme. Must have is the newton ball mod it’s certainly a game changer. It makes beast and Xavier shots easier but it also makes Wolverine harder. Xmen came out directly after AC/DC and everyone loved that game theme and gameplay wise so xmen was a less loved follow up afterwards. The code was kind of a mess between 1 and 1.4 from memory as they forced you into a whole bunch of stacking that was hard to follow. I prefer to play without stacking probably why I’ve only seen danger room once since owning it.

2 months later
#12423 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Very old post being rebooted. Where can one buy this conversion holder ?
Thanks
Matt

Wow I don’t ever remember seeing that. That looks awesome! I want it for my LE!

#12425 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Added a CPR speaker skin plastic. Repositioned the LE tag under the dmd.
Much better than plain black wood.
[quoted image]

That looks awesome I didn’t even think to put the tag there. I got the one more for magneto and out the tag in the coin box

1 month later
#12429 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Pretty sure Deadpool makes an appearance after you hit a certain amount of combos

Yeah he does and he helps you defeat villains.
Got to danger room for the second time ever today. Only destroyed two of the guns and flaked out trying to destroy the third

1 month later
#12433 1 year ago
Quoted from JackJack:

Hey! I joined the club a couple of weeks ago because I got a great deal on a pro.. without ever trying the game. It's instantly become one of my favorites, and I'm slowly working on a Topper that will light up villains when they light up in game.
HOWEVER
I'm having a problem with the Newton ball mod that came with it. The ball keeps popping off during play and won't stay put! Is there any way to make it stay better or do I need to order a whole new threaded ball?
Thanks for any help!

I think you can buy a whole new set from Mezel mods. Not sure how the ball attaches. It’s a cracking game I’ve had mine since new so about 10 or 11 years

#12435 1 year ago
Quoted from JackJack:

It's just a ball with a thread through it that attaches to a bolt. So I'll try and thread a new ball I guess!

Probably put some lock tight on there too

#12437 1 year ago
Quoted from JackJack:

I put some of the blue lock tight on, but it came off after a few games the next day!

Damn! Maybe give it a bit more time

#12441 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I wish Nightcrawlers on the LE were used more.

Thematically I think they’re used well. They tie in with extra ball and rogue modes. Rogue mode when he pops up can be a pain in the ass because if he changes spots at the wrong moment you can’t hit the rogue shot but it’s not that bad because you’ve probably hit another couple of heroes anyway.

#12442 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

HB_GAMER EBs: complete three hero modes and that starts Nightcrawler. Hit the Nightcrawler pop ups a few times to light EB. Same with Villains. Complete 3 to start Nightcrawler, etc.
I’d also like better explanations of the Multiball modes and Wizard modes. The current rule descriptions aren’t clear enough IMO.
I’m playing XMEN LE more than any other game of late. I was trying to sell it for awhile, but now I’m having more fun with it and appreciating it more than ever. It’s a very straightforward game rules wise, but there’s a lot to do and it’s extremely challenging. Getting to the wiz modes is hard, and they are very well choreographed. Trying to get there can be quite addictive, and as of now I’m thrilled no one pulled the trigger on buying my game.

Xmen has been in my lineup since new so 10+ years it’s a cracking game. So multiballs

Wolverine - follow the arrow on the screen 4x to find the boss killing henchmen at wolverine on the way. If you don’t follow the arrow it takes longer to get to the boss I believe (could be less) 8x searches.

Magneto - drain magnetos health bar by hitting heroes. If you haven’t brought a heroes into the battle (starting their mode) their shot does less damage to magneto. Hit magneto to relit shots and when health bar drained for super jackpot.

Hellfire - kill henchmen around playfield twice I think to get to boss. Drain his health

Brotherhood - shoot a shot to start a fight against one of the brotherhood. Three shots kill that brotherhood member or one shot to the brotherhood targets. I’ve never gotten too far in brotherhood so not sure what happens when you get through them.

#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I have been getting 2 a game recently. Rogue, sometimes with Xavier and unlock three hero’s.

I forgot about sometimes with Xavier because that’s so infrequent. I wonder which shot it could be hmmm

2 months later
#12469 10 months ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

This game is so good! I hadn’t played much in years and brought my pro into work to share in the break room and I forgot how engaging it is. I finally got to danger room (no hero stack) and actually made it through the whole thing! I won’t spoil anything but man I hope you have a color dmd for that final animation! I then gave it a break for a few weeks and now I’m aiming for Dark Phoenix. Kind of a bummer that it’s sort of a grind and a less fun approach to playing. Getting that villain insert lit is a chore once you’ve beat a few of them. I was 3 shots away yesterday though and I can almost taste it.
Tastes like Christmas.

If you hit the hellfire or brotherhood targets to get those modes lit once you play a villain you can just hit one target (if you didn’t play brotherhood or hellfire) to relit villain modes. So no need to grind through trying to get 6x inlanes or whatever it might be. If you fail hellfire or brotherhood then you’ve got to hit those targets like 10x

#12472 9 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

It can be brutal. I find the villains easier to defeat than collecting the hero’s. Haven’t mad it to either dark Phoenix or Danger room yet. Nice goal for a long weekend.

I’ve had the game since new and I’ve been to danger room twice and both of those were this year. I often get a hero or two away from completion and the hardest one for me is cyclops I always struggle at hitting his shot

6 months later
#12524 3 months ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Joined the club not 3 weeks ago. Gotta say, now that I’ve got her fixed and running smoothly, I can’t stop playing this game!

It’s really an under rated game. People were turned away by the hot mess the early game code was. I really enjoy this game when I step up to it in my collection.

2 weeks later
#12526 3 months ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

So I finally drove a couple hours to play this game at a location (LE version.
I really enjoyed it, bit I'm admittedly very surprised. When I think of John Borg, I think of the brutal games like TMNT and the Walking Dead.
X-Men seemed.... Easy? Was it maybe the way this one was set up? I was hitting everything easily and I got a Replay 3 out of 4 games.
What are your experiences? Perhaps this one was set up at too shallow of an angle?

It’s not a super easy game. For the life of me I suck hard at hitting the ice man ramp. No idea why but I struggle hitting all 3 of those shots on the right. They’re not tight and they’re completely makable shots. I’ve had mine since release and really enjoy it. Maybe that copy doesn’t get much love on site so the replay isn’t so high?

#12530 3 months ago
Quoted from Yarmuck:

I think it was 15 million?
The ball times were way longer on xmen than compared to my TMNT and Walking Dead.

Twd is definitely more brutal that xmen. But I would say tmnt is similar to xmen difficulty level. Tmnt is faster than xmen. Love all 3 of those borgs too

1 month later
#12539 40 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I know, I know, I'm posting this question in the official club thread, but hey, here goes nothing:
I LOVE my Walking Dead Premium, play it daily. Someone very close to me has offered me a X-Men Magneto in mint condition, he wants to trade.
(I only have a Walking Dead Premium because it's what was offered to me at the time, deal was too good to pass up.)
I know Walking Dead likely has better code but they are far more plentiful than X-Men, especially a Magneto. My line of thinking is when I want another Walking Dead it shouldn't be too hard to nab one, especially a pro.
What say you guys?

Don’t get me wrong I LOVE my xmen magneto but not a fking chance in hell would I trade my twdle for a xmen. No nope never. Twice not on Sundays? I’ve had xmen since new and I don’t think it’ll ever go anywhere but twdle will NEVER go anywhere! Twdle is my #1 all time game and for the first time ever this week I got to terminus it was awesome. Horde is AMAZING twd is off its tits! I’ve only ever been to danger room twice I think and I’ve never gotten to dark Phoenix. I think my problem there is I keep trying to do everything at once to get to both in one game rather than shoot for one of them. Borgs game ratings for me go twdle, tmnt, xmen, iron man then others.

#12541 40 days ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Ranking TMNT over Iron Man? Interesting. That game feels like getting dental work done while listening to your favorite music or while watching your favorite movie.

What makes you say about tmnt? I’ll admit the first 50 games I put on tmnt I was like wtf did I buy this for then it clicked with me. Then I fell in love with it. Every single mode is different, choosing a turtle is neither here nor there for me, it shoot soooo fast and is controllable the two upper shots are super fun, final battle and team up are awesome mini wizard modes. I love brutal games. Look at my collection. All of them are unforgiving if you don’t hit your shots! I had gotg and Metallica for about 6 months each loved how they shot but they were “easier” shooters. Gotg I would get through 70% of the game most of the time and felt really samey to me. Metallica was fun but something just didn’t click with me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Audioenslaved.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=Audioenslaved and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.