(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 251.
#4751 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So for those with Tron and Xmen, any view as to which might be favourite? I know it is difficult at this stage as honeymoon phase makes it more difficult! Still deciding between the two.....

Too early for me to tell. The Tron theme, sounds, call outs, and music will be hard to beat though.

#4752 11 years ago

So for those with Tron and Xmen, any view as to which might be favourite? I know it is difficult at this stage as honeymoon phase makes it more difficult! Still deciding between the two.....

Way too early to tell. We need this code update badly before I could make a comparison.

#4753 11 years ago

+1 for too early to tell. I love them both for different reasons entirely.

#4754 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I've never had any difficuly posting pics on this site at all... just hit browse and go to the pic you want to load...
Just out of interest, why did you take the original strap off holding the head down (which holds the edge protectors in place) and replace it with a transverse positioned wratchet strap before taking the game up the stairs?

I use photobucket for all my pics, and it seems like photobucket leaves links here instead of the photos. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? With KLOV, I take the pictures with my phone, upload them to photobucket with my phone, and post them on KLOV with my phone. Can't seem to get that to happen here.

As far as the strap goes, I wanted to check the translite before hauling it up.

#4755 11 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

I use photobucket for all my pics, and it seems like photobucket leaves links here instead of the photos. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

No html on pinside

#4756 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Just looking at the guy (closest to the top of the stairs) wince brings back horrible memories for me.

Yup, that's me.

#4757 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You aren't happy with much, are you?
=)
I love, love, love the DMD show. It has been what we've been begging for...a non movie clipped dot show. It's awesome.
Love the voices, too. Even the over-theatrical Magneto is fun if you don't get hung up on it. Juggernauts voice is spot-on. Love Rogue, Cyclops is right, and Nightcrawler fits.
Still pretty sure that Wolvie isn't Steve Blum, but he's perfectly fine in the role.
In short, I can't complain about the dot package or overall use of the theme.

Where in my comment did I say I didn't like the dots?

I just noticed on the Blackbird launch there is an unexplained "glitch" looking line in the basketball court.

...but to answer your question. I'm not the kind of person that has to be 100% rainbows and unicorns happy about something or think it's total poo. I simply asked if anyone else had noticed anything on the DMD that they didn't care for or seemed like a glitch.

#4758 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The Tron theme, sounds, call outs, and music will be hard to beat though.

I'm glad you didn't list depth in there, or I'd have been seriously worried for you

#4759 11 years ago

#231 has arrived....Magneto will escape from his cardboard prison when I get back from work hehe

#4760 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

#231 has arrived....Magneto will Escape from his cardboard prison when I get back from work hehe

You'd have thought he'd have been able to magnetise some suitable sharp objects towards himself so he can cut himself out!!

#4761 11 years ago

New XMen code: do we just keep refreshing Sterns Game Code page until it shows up?

#4762 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

New XMen code: do we just keep refreshing Sterns Game Code page until it shows up?

I dont think it will be for some time Pete. Borg is on vacation this week so who knows what the mice are doing lol. I honestly have no idea but the timeline has been skewed all ready. Shame too. That Scoring bug should have been first thing done right away upon waisons return from SDCC

#4763 11 years ago

Re: DMD animations, and needing a fix:

When hitting the BB scoop, you can skip any animations by pressing both flippers, except extra ball. If you skip any other award, you actually won't even know what you were awarded. I really don't need to see the animation every time, but would like to know what was awarded. I know I got the extra ball. The insert was lit for extra ball, and afterward the shoot again insert was lit. Why force me to watch that sequence every time? All the other awards, you have no idea if you skip it. Super spinner? Maybe. Pops at 4,000? Maybe. 200,000 points? Maybe. But no frickin doubt you got that extra ball!

#4764 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

If the programmers are truly watching and listening to input from owners and people outside of stern, it will take some time for them to formulate what changes should/could be made and then implement them. These games have only been out in the world 2 weeks.

Sure, they could release a quick fix for the scoring, but I'd be willing to wait a couple more weeks for a more complete code update. I'm still having fun with it regardless.

#4765 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I dont think it will be for some time Pete. Borg is on vacation this week so who knows what the mice are doing lol. I honestly have no idea but the timeline has been skewed all ready. Shame too. That Scoring bug should have been first thing done right away upon waisons return from SDCC

To me, it's absolutely unacceptable for a designer to go on vacation while his game is on the line (w issues).

#4766 11 years ago

Just got back from playing it some more and had fun, although the scoring will probably keep me away from spending monies on it till it's updated.
So weird you have to start multiball before getting modes. Interesting idea.

#4767 11 years ago

I have Wolvie # 94 and it was made on 7-9-12. I can't find the example, but I did see a post by someone else that showed that the game # wasn't in the order of the build (in comparison to my machine).

My #94 was a requested number, so maybe that caused it to jump line before some random numbers to get it to my distributor with the rest of his batch.

#4768 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

To me, it's absolutely unacceptable for a designer to go on vacation while his game is on the line (w issues).

To me it is absolutely unacceptable to release a pin that has obvious problems with the scoring. That one seems pretty basic and obvious. I just don't see an excuse for it. I'm way more willing to give a pass on some QC things like the magnet/spinner noise (which was an easy fix anyway) than something as basic as not properly keeping score. Sheesh.

#4769 11 years ago

Screwed me out of my Magneeto Super Jackpot today. I earned that sucker!

#4770 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I sincerely feel your pain.

#4771 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Anyone else have any DMD pet peeves?
Also...what is the picture when you collect Beast for Magneto Multi-ball?

Is this when there is a picture of glasses in a case? I don't know why thats so important either.

I didn't know much about Beast but it turns out he joins the Avengers.

#4772 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To me it is absolutely unacceptable to release a pin that has obvious problems with the scoring. That one seems pretty basic and obvious. I just don't see an excuse for it.

I agree, totally unacceptable and it kind of shows a bit of disrespect to customers IMO.

#4773 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is this when there is a picture of glasses in a case? I don't know why thats so important either.

Maybe he's collecting his gear. I know the best mode(ha) dmd image is pretty cool with a CU of his face

#4774 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree, totally unacceptable and it kind of shows a bit of disrespect to customers IMO.

Borg is not programming the game... the guys programming the game are there and jamming on it. Let Borgie have a week off!

#4775 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Borg is not programming the game... the guys programming the game are there and jamming on it. Let Borgie have a week off!

No where in my statement do I call out Borg in particular or indicate he is doing the programing (since I already know that is not the case). I am calling out the Stern team for releasing code that had scoring errors/problems. Not sure how your response applies to my post.

#4776 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No way. Owners are having to fix things which left the factory not-working, because there is obviously no floor leadership for LE assembly. Listen to Ritchie talk about the responsibility of the designer when his game is on the line.

In this new age of LE's ($$$$), I think the designer's responsibility is even greater. You have all year to take a vaca, just not during the month YOUR GAME IS ON THE LINE! I haven't really taken a proper vaca in two years, so I have little sympathy. Guys are running around to hardware stores to fix their discs, and trying to figure out Wolverine and Ice Slide fixes on their own, on brand new games? While the designer is chillin on a beach somewhere and the floor is sending games out non-working? Nah, I don't think so. That's BS, sorry.

His role is also to lead the software guys, who are obviously struggling to make numbers add up correctly, so there's a fail there as well.

Not giving Borg a pass on this one. His butt should be right down there on the line with his sleeves rolled up so that owners don't have to invent fixes for things which should've already been tweaked by proper design, play-testing and assembly.

#4777 11 years ago

The scoring thing is a flat out insult. If not fixed real soon Stern just lost. Customer that was really in their camp and spending dollars with them. Right now Avengers is making less and less sense to me. What a shame I was throwing money at them.

#4778 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I sincerely feel your pain.

Been there, felt that. "POW" - Anyone who has scored a Magento SJ will appreciate that...

#4779 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The glasses is all I could make out, but after looking at it again...it looks like he is gettin the glasses out of a cabinet or something.

#4780 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The scoring thing is a flat out insult. If not fixed real soon Stern just lost.

I agree. They need to bust out a fix immediately.

#4781 11 years ago

I don't have time to read all 96 pages of this thread. Can someone give me the cliff notes version?

#4782 11 years ago

Dont worry Lonnie is on it. Is there a knee slap emoticon.

#4783 11 years ago
Quoted from Chudmeat:

I don't have time to read all 96 pages of this thread. Can someone give me the cliff notes version?

1. X-Men to be released
2. Who will do the art?
3. Comic Based vs Movie Based
4. Waiting
5. Video teaser.
6. X-Men will have Marvel Voice Actors
7. More Waiting and Speculation.
8. Stern Releases Media House Video - Excitement
9. Much More Waiting
10. First LE Games start shipping.
11. First videos of Gameplay
12. Notes made scoring not working right
13. More Games Ship
14. Wolverine hit, Spinning Disc Problems
15. More Talk.
16. Waiting for Update for scoring fix
17. More Talking

You may not pass the pinside X-Men Thread test but at least this gets you up to speed.

#4784 11 years ago

Nice Tom!

#4785 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

#231 has arrived....Magneto will Escape from his cardboard prison when I get back from work hehe

Glad it arrived safely Greg!

#4786 11 years ago
Quoted from Chudmeat:

Game looks amazing, lots of cool shots, there are a few minor QC issues, scoring is screwed.

#4787 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No where in my statement do I call out Borg in particular or indicate he is doing the programing (since I already know that is not the case). I am calling out the Stern team for releasing code that had scoring errors/problems. Not sure how your response applies to my post.

Sorry, dude - I thought you were responding to the vacation thing...my apologies.

#4788 11 years ago

Just had my best game ever!

Finished Sentinals, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Cyclops. I hate that I couldn't really watch the screen to see what happened when I finished Sentinals. I also got to NC during this game but only hit him 1 time before I lost the ball. I LOVE THIS PIN!!!!!!!

#4789 11 years ago

I have read this entire thread...

And many of you have not.

#4790 11 years ago

That being said, go back and read the reviews on WPT. ... However, when it first came out the rules made absolutely no sense. Once they released the new code, the game went from about a 4 to a solid 7. The drop downs were finally incorporated and the game made sense.

lol_wut.jpglol_wut.jpg

#4791 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry, dude - I thought you were responding to the vacation thing...my apologies.

It's all good. Are you thinking of picking up an X-Men rarehero?

#4792 11 years ago

Ever hit a lock shot up the Phoenix lane and it trickle back down through the Beast lane? Sure you have. Well it's not an issue of the ball not reaching the diverter on time. As a matter of fact, I don't even know it that is possible...the diverter stays open quite awhile.

It ends up that it is a software issue. If you take off the glass and pass a few balls up the Phoenix lane when the lock is lit, but not hard enough to get to the gate you sometimes hit it so the ball coming down the Phoenix lane will open the gate....and a short while after this...switch hits from going up the Phoenix lane won't open the diverter. It's like the programing is trying to be smart about what switch hits to Phoenix open the lane and which ones don't, but it gets confused and out of whack.

I don't really know the specifics, but it will just get out of sync on balls rolling down the Phoenix switch and balls rolling up the switch and not open the diverter sometimes when it should.

#4793 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I have read this entire thread...
And many of you have not.

well i've read it all .. good read i reckon .. better than a book .. sometimes the plot gets lost , but its got interesting characters .. and should have a good ending

#4794 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

If the programmers are truly watching and listening to input from owners and people outside of stern, it will take some time for them to formulate what changes should/could be made and then implement them. These games have only been out in the world 2 weeks.
Sure, they could release a quick fix for the scoring, but I'd be willing to wait a couple more weeks for a more complete code update. I'm still having fun with it regardless.

Not me. The game is unplayable as is. Fix the scoring only, as fast as you can. Then work on other things.

#4795 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

no you didn't get screwed. The super jackpot score actually counts and works. And after you hit it, all further jackpot scores for the rest of the mb count. That's the one things that does work.

#4796 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Ever hit a lock shot up the Phoenix lane and it trickle back down through the Beast lane? Sure you have.

No, actually, I haven't.

Anyone else?

#4797 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

no you didn't get screwed. The super jackpot score actually counts and works. And after you hit it, all further jackpot scores for the rest of the mb count. That's the one things that does work.

So then the jackpots before I hit the Super didn't count? Haven't been keeping up with all the ins and outs jsut know something didn't count.

#4798 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Not me. The game is unplayable as is. Fix the scoring only, as fast as you can. Then work on other things.

I agree completely. I played XM quite a bit over the last few days, but it has definitely got to the point where I'm frustrated with the scoring issue and having less fun as a result.

Where is it?

When is it coming?

#4799 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, actually, I haven't.

Anyone else?

No, but I have had it go UP phoenix and THROUGH Rogue with no lock awarded.

#4800 11 years ago

Rob if you haven't already, change it to 5 ball. Makes up for the crappy scoring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.