(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 251.
#4001 11 years ago
Quoted from darkmiss:

About timing out the modes: maybe stop the clock when a flipper is raised? Seems easy enough to implement.

I've never had a game like this, but I heard STTNG had that. I would honestly rather have that than one that lets me time out a mode and move on.

#4002 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Stupid Invisiglass. Wish I did not get it on my Tron. Now I have to buy it for the other games. : )

I have been tempted to get PDI glass before, but resisted the urge. I have very little room for games (3) and 1 of the slots I have designated as my pivot location for temp games. I may break down and get a sheet for my BSM and then if it's that good...I may have to splurge for X-Men LE (if it looks like a keeper).

$300 a sheets sounds bad, but when you only have a couple of games to bling out....I might as weel go full bling.

#4003 11 years ago

So with all these modes will you need to have 20 minute games to get to the end?

I am not trying to watch too many videos so I can discover the game myself.

#4004 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I've never had a game like this, but I heard STTNG had that. I would honestly rather have that than one that lets me time out a mode and move on.

sttng does not have that. Timing out the modes is even a strategy that Bowen used in his sttng tutorial.

As for the brotherhood, you have to start magneto once before any modes are available. Once that is done, the whole game opens up with lots of things to do. Really cool way to do it. At this point, if magneto isn't started before my first ball drains, I just reset the game and start over.

#4005 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What's tspp equivalent of the upper ramp? The difference is that every shot in tspp stops the action. Those shots don't exist in xmen. Everything keeps moving.

Thank God for that!

#4006 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Stupid Invisiglass. Wish I did not get it on my Tron. Now I have to buy it for the other games. : )

I've got two sheets sitting in their shipping box right next to my machines to be installed this weekend. A couple more sheets on order that should be here any day - one sheet is for a buddy. Can't wait to see this stuff in action!

#4007 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

As for the brotherhood, you have to start magneto once before any modes are available. Once that is done, the whole game opens up with lots of things to do. Really cool way to do it. At this point, if magneto isn't started before my first ball drains, I just reset the game and start over.

...and you see that as a good thing? That sounds like the perfect description of bad rules to me.

#4008 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

...and you see that as a good thing? That sounds like the perfect description of bad rules to me.

The only Issue I have with this is that its hard enough to get those and get through the modes and having to do this make it even harder. This game may actually be too hard Collecting all the x-men and locking 3 balls before magneto is fun though.

#4009 11 years ago

I have to agree this game is NOTHING like TSPP at all. NOTHING

#4010 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So with all these modes will you need to have 20 minute games to get to the end?
I am not trying to watch too many videos so I can discover the game myself.

more than 20 minutes, you better be a darn good player too. I think I only every started 2 villian modes. That was the ball where I was on fire and beat magneto. Granted I kinda suck, but its going to be harder to get through all villains than getting to TABA

#4011 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What's tspp equivalent of the upper ramp?

TSPP's ramp that takes the ball to the upper playfield. You make the shot from the upper flipper...similar placement.

Quoted from markmon:

The difference is that every shot in tspp stops the action. Those shots don't exist in xmen. Everything keeps moving.

*IS THIS THING ON!?!?!* Once again....I didn't say they PLAY the same. I said they had similar flipper, pops, and shot PLACEMENT. What these shots DO or where they GO is another story. I'm not saying these games are ANYTHING alike...but the PLACEMENT of things is more similar to TSPP than to Tron.

OK?

....cue people telling me TSPP is stop and go again in 3, 2, 1...lol.

...and actually, as for that complaint - TSPP's ramp shot keeps the ball moving. The left orbit keeps the ball moving. So there. On X-Men, Magneto's lock stops the ball. Xavier shot stops the ball. The scoop stops the ball. SO THERE...lol.

Balls stopping in a pinball isn't the worst thing in the world. If that stops you from enjoying the wonderful design and rules of TSPP (or any game), your loss brotha.

#4012 11 years ago

Sorry, but this is irresistible ...

#4014 11 years ago

#4015 11 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Sorry, but this is irresistible ...

LOL. I almost did that too!

#4016 11 years ago

So, how far do you think this thread can go now that the game is out? Think it will see 5k or will it die as a 4k something thread?

#4017 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, how far do you think this thread can go now that the game is out? Think it will see 5k or will it die as a 4k something thread?

Well lets see, you'll have the code patch bump, the big code upgrade bump, and then the pro bump. 5k is totally possible.

#4018 11 years ago

#4019 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

The only Issue I have with this is that its hard enough to get those and get through the modes and having to do this make it even harder. This game may actually be too hard Collecting all the x-men and locking 3 balls before magneto is fun though.

If I can make a run for either mini wiz mode in any given game that will be enough for me to strive for. I still haven't heard if the Dark Phoenix mode is even included. I have heard it is "glass off" impossable to beat Cyclops so Danger Room is unattainable even if it is there.

I guess there is no need to speculatre too much at this point. I just hope the developers are listening and make a deep challenging game (that doesn't encourage timing out the modes) that isn't to hard for the common player to at least reach the Danger Room OR Dark Phoenix on a good game.

#4020 11 years ago
Quoted from BinGhanem:

I found this on youtube, sorry if its already been posted, long gameplay about 12 mins on HD
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video. The sounds were great! Oh wait that was TF in the background lol.

But seriously, I was confused on two things; 1. It looked like a lot of 2-ball mb's but a closer look, it appeared that magneto was bugging out and spitting out balls. Is everyone's game doing that? I hope so, means there will be a software fix for it.

The other thing was the magneto start mb. Was it me, or was it anticlimactic. The design failed, it couldn't catch the balls, and when it tried to spin them, it didn't work. Design flaw or software flaw? To me it looks like software; it would seem the magnet needs to be energized longer and the spinner delayed an extra second or two, then spin and release with darker dramatic lighting.

Anyway, my 2 cents. Can't wait to play it.

#4021 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It looked like a lot of 2-ball mb's but a closer look, it appeared that magneto was bugging out and spitting out balls. Is everyone's game doing that? I hope so, means there will be a software fix for it.

Mine's done it two or three times, but very rarely.

#4022 11 years ago

Mine plays perfect, no switch problems. Magneto can have a 2,3, or 4 ball multiball and the DMD actually coincides the ball animation upon release of the amount of balls released. Very cool.
This game is a freakin' blast. There will be another big update for it early next week.

This is Borg's best creation and the code will take it beyond many expectations.
As it is now at v1.1 it's deeper than Tron. The game rocks. Loving these new young programmers.

#4023 11 years ago

Agreed. Excellent so far! Going to upgrade sound this weekend.

#4024 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mine plays perfect, no switch problems. Magneto can have a 2,3, or 4 ball multiball and the DMD actually coincides the ball animation upon release of the amount of balls released. Very cool.
This game is a freakin' blast. There will be another big update for it early next week.
This is Borg's best creation and the code will take it beyond many expectations.
As it is now at v1.1 it's deeper than Tron. The game rocks. Loving these new young programmers.

Thanks for the info on the code update. That rocks to hear we will get such a quick update. All us Stern fans appreciate your insight mnpinball. Speaking of Tron, since you mentioned the game, please relay to Stern we want another slight code polish on that one too.

#4025 11 years ago

Here's another video I shot tonight. Camera battery went dead so this is the only one I got. You can see the Sentinel mode towards the end of the video, so far it's one of my favorite modes.. great lightning and dots!

#4026 11 years ago

My neck hurts!

#4027 11 years ago

Khabbi your ball control skills are far advanced than mine, game looks better every time I see a new video. I can't wait till mine shows uo

#4028 11 years ago

The game basically just needs a few minor tweaks in software to become great. I really liked that video you just shot. I think I'd be ready to purchase a pro as soon as Magneto multiball isn't mandatory to start the game and some sort of progression/equalizing of shots is done to make getting farther in the game possible if you get to the mode for a 2nd time. Those should be pretty easy items, I can live without the stacking as long as the game doesn't become 'work' or monotonous, but with a few tweaks both those problems should be easily solved.

#4029 11 years ago

X-men Magneto LE #180 showed up today, the game looks way better in person. The lights and sounds are very strong and clear, game has no issues and plays fine. What a shooter game, the toys are good and add to the games play. Shots are tight and fast. I can't believe we are actually watching Stern produce games worth purchasing!! Why doesn't Stern run a "Premium" version?? Strange?? With the poor sales numbers of the Pro and the LE's at a very limited number the prices are going to sky rocket on this title!! Good job Stern!! A+!

#4030 11 years ago

Cant wait to play this pin!

#4031 11 years ago

Question guys
What is the height of the Wolverine toy inside?
4 inches ?

#4032 11 years ago

Regarding having to start with magneto multiball before anything else....

Quoted from DugFreez:

Yes, I do. This is a great way to get started. You are collecting your team to fight magneto. It's very easy to get started also and gets you into your first multiball. Once the scoring is solved, that will be a pretty high scoring beginning run. The more guys you collect, the higher your scores will be as well as the more shots that generate those scores. As long as I can collect all the characters before starting it, I am able to beat magneto multiball (get super jackpot and start scoring on it) about 75% of the time.

After you have assembled your team and met the bad guy, the game starts. There is so much to do, this will be a long trek. I am quite excited. More so than I've been over any new pinball I've gotten in the last few months.

#4033 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Here's another video I shot tonight. Camera battery went dead so this is the only one I got. You can see the Sentinel mode towards the end of the video, so far it's one of my favorite modes.. great lightning and dots!
» YouTube video

great vid!! the game looks really good!

your machine looks like it is not well balanced. it looks that it is leaning to the right. is it me or am i right? (just trying to help)

yhnks for the vid

#4034 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

great vid!! the game looks really good!
your machine looks like it is not well balanced. it looks that it is leaning to the right. is it me or am i right? (just trying to help)
yhnks for the vid

no its not you its quite a bit to the right .maybe his house is on a lean .great video though .thanks

#4035 11 years ago

I'm going to have to get my level out.. I have the legs set exactly the same, so usually that does it and I've need had to adjust anything on a stern with the legs exactly the same.. I did notice the balls would come out of the lock and roll to the right... I'll report back later to see how off the game is..

#4036 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Question guys
What is the height of the Wolverine toy inside?
4 inches ?

More like 7"-8"

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for the info on the code update. That rocks to hear we will get such a quick update.

Mine shipped with code 1.1 already installed. I was #109. They must have completed it mid production.

#4037 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes, I do. This is a great way to get started. You are collecting your team to fight magneto. It's very easy to get started also and gets you into your first multiball. Once the scoring is solved, that will be a pretty high scoring beginning run. The more guys you collect, the higher your scores will be as well as the more shots that generate those scores. As long as I can collect all the characters before starting it, I am able to beat magneto multiball (get super jackpot and start scoring on it) about 75% of the time.
After you have assembled your team and met the bad guy, the game starts. There is so much to do, this will be a long trek. I am quite excited. More so than I've been over any new pinball I've gotten in the last few months.

This is a great way to get started...for 100 to 200 games. Starting with the same sequence though will get very old though, any game that starts with the same mode every time suffers from this. That's why I think it needs to change, as it was a big negative on games I've played with it (BF, RS, GNR, JP, etc). In fact I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't buy it unless they change that due to prior experience with that on early 90's games. I actually can't remember a game in the past 15 years that had this issue though.

#4038 11 years ago

After considerable thought and a whole lot of games, I have reached the conclusion that this game is a 90/100 as it is (code not withstanding). Wolverine dominates too much of the PF, though. Someone either needs to create a toy that is smaller at the PF (the physical size of the toy isn't the issues - it is the width of his waist at the PF), or I might pull him off and start toying around with different target options. If Wolverine was just a stand-up target there at the front, it would be perfect. I think you could cut his size by 25%-33.3% and make the game far more balanced.

As it is, you start and have to play Wolverine over and over. Without stacking of the Hero modes, this can get old. With the current code you can play an already lit Hero mode over and over and over. You want to play the Beast mode? You are going to smack Wolverine so many times on the way to lighting Beast, that you will start Wolverine 4 times and have to go through that mode over and over.

I don't want to give the impression that Wolverine is too big and dominating to be a fatal flaw in the game design. I am being very nit picky here. I am saying that the game design is really, really good as it stands. But to be absolutely awesome, I think Wolverine needs to be addressed either through code or reduction of target size.

#4039 11 years ago

Gambit3113

This is what I was thinking, But do not have one here to measure (reason for my size question above)
Not sure if this would work or not, but I think they look alot better.
ebay.com link: ws

Thoughts ?

#4040 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Is there a super jackpot callout? If not, something to add to code update?

#4041 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Not sure if this would work or not, but I think they look alot better.

I ordered one through the disney store sale. I'll let you know, but this bank seems way too big for that spot. I'm thinking someone will take the diamond select figure and make a custom base for it:
http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Select-Wolverine-Action-Figure/dp/B001KNLTTC

#4042 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

I ordered one through the disney store sale. I'll let you know, but this bank seems way too big for that spot. I'm thinking someone will take the diamond select figure and make a custom base for it:
http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Select-Wolverine-Action-Figure/dp/B001KNLTTC

I guess I will have to wait , not only for my LE, but mods
It's getting very exciting....

#4044 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Starting with the same sequence though will get very old though, any game that starts with the same mode every time suffers from this. That's why I think it needs to change, as it was a big negative on games I've played with it (BF, RS, GNR, JP, etc).

RS does *not* start with the same mode every game!

#4045 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

After considerable thought and a whole lot of games, I have reached the conclusion that this game is a 90/100 as it is (code not withstanding). Wolverine dominates too much of the PF, though. Someone either needs to create a toy that is smaller at the PF (the physical size of the toy isn't the issues - it is the width of his waist at the PF), or I might pull him off and start toying around with different target options. If Wolverine was just a stand-up target there at the front, it would be perfect. I think you could cut his size by 25%-33.3% and make the game far more balanced.
As it is, you start and have to play Wolverine over and over. Without stacking of the Hero modes, this can get old. With the current code you can play an already lit Hero mode over and over and over. You want to play the Beast mode? You are going to smack Wolverine so many times on the way to lighting Beast, that you will start Wolverine 4 times and have to go through that mode over and over.
I don't want to give the impression that Wolverine is too big and dominating to be a fatal flaw in the game design. I am being very nit picky here. I am saying that the game design is really, really good as it stands. But to be absolutely awesome, I think Wolverine needs to be addressed either through code or reduction of target size.

I've spoken to others with the game, and I think that there may be a consensus growing that Wolverine is a bit too large and takes up a bit too much space on the PF.

I foresee people coming up with other solutions if feasible.

#4046 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

RS does *not* start with the same mode every game!

It almost does though... PM should be on this list though

#4047 11 years ago

Hmm wonder if these could be used for the Night Crawlers,
remove head and attach to switch?
Would look better than plastic target.

ebay.com link: X Men NightCrawler Mini Bobble Head Head Knocker Figure Night Crawler

#4048 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

As it is now at v1.1 it's deeper than Tron.

And also deeper than Charlie's Angels don't forget

#4049 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

This is a great way to get started...for 100 to 200 games. Starting with the same sequence though will get very old though, any game that starts with the same mode every time suffers from this. That's why I think it needs to change, as it was a big negative on games I've played with it (BF, RS, GNR, JP, etc). In fact I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't buy it unless they change that due to prior experience with that on early 90's games. I actually can't remember a game in the past 15 years that had this issue though.

Agreed. Mandatory Magneto will be a polarizing rule, and a detriment to a game that has so many modes. You're going to want to start a mode or two right away as stack it with Magneto. The best solution for this is a simple option in the settings. MANDATORY MAGNETO - YES or NO. Plenty of games has options like this....LOTR you can choose if you want the cave trolls sequence, for example. Options=good!!!

#4050 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Wait, you can restart Wolverine even after completion? That definitely has to change. Once you get Wolverine insert solid, DONE. There are too many modes in the game to warrant repeats.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.