(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 251.
#3651 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Just heard from Trent that production has slowed until the end of next week, but they still plan on having them all shipped by the end of the month.

Quality control issues on some game specific parts I heard, they had to reject some parts and awaiting new parts. Not really a bad thing for a delay.

#3652 11 years ago

Was doing some LED swaps and noticed the backboard is transparent. Not solid wood like we are used to. There are 6 flashers on the back side of the backboard.

Also noticed that the spotlight that shines on Magneto is a 161 lamp and not a standard LED. When I put a standard LED in, it didn't even work.

Speakers from FF will need to be updated with a new wiring connection. It doesn't connect via z-clip anymore. He is working on it.

Installed a mantis (tron) scoop hole protector but it needed some modification. I sent Kerry the info with pics and hopefully he will have something out shortly.

There is a mylar strip in front of the scoop (like Tron) that is really invisible. You can't find it unless you run your fingernail over the edge of it.

#3653 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Speakers from FF will need to be updated with a new wiring connection. It doesn't connect via z-clip anymore. He is working on it.

Damn, I already have a FF sub sitting here waiting for my XM.

#3654 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Damn, I already have a FF sub sitting here waiting for my XM.

The volume knob and connector will need to be updated.

#3655 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Shit!

That's what I get for buying the speaker kit ahead of time.

#3656 11 years ago

WOOOHOOO! I got it done!

Game Exchange Of Colorado Shaker Motor kit for Stern Pinballs Special! $175 Shipped FREE to Cont USA!

Full Shaker Kit Compatible with the below games
Elvis
Elvis Gold Edition
Spider-Man/Black Spider-Man
Indiana Jones
Batman/The Dark Knight
CSI
LOTR LE
NBA
Big Buck Hunter Pro
Iron Man Pro
Rolling Stones Pro
Rolling Stones LE
TRON Pro
TRON LE
Transformers Pro
Transformers Combo LE
Transformers Decepticon LE
Transformers Autobot LE
AC/DC Pro
AC/DC Premium
AC/DC Back In Black
AC/DC Let There Be Rock
We believe X-men, We are told its wired for it, Checking on Software to be sure first before I bet my life on it.

Kit includes:
Shaker motor with mounting bracket and wiring harness.
PCB board
Hard plastic cover
Mounting hardware
Cable ties
Cabinet Harness
Instruction sheet
Mounting template

#3657 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Shit!
That's what I get for buying the speaker kit ahead of time.

Same here but I can throw them in another game.

#3658 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

We believe X-men

Awesome! In for one if that's the case.

#3659 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Just heard from Trent that production has slowed until the end of next week, but they still plan on having them all shipped by the end of the month.

Well I guess I'm glad I didn't get one of the early ones then. I was hoping for late next week but might have to wait longer then.

#3660 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

WOOOHOOO! I got it done!
Game Exchange Of Colorado Shaker Motor kit for Stern Pinballs Special! $175 Shipped FREE to Cont USA!
Elvis
Elvis Gold Edition
Indiana Jones
Batman/The Dark Knight
CSI
LOTR LE
NBA
Big Buck Hunter Pro
Iron Man Pro
Rolling Stones Pro
Rolling Stones LE
TRON Pro
TRON LE
Transformers Pro
Transformers Combo LE
Transformers Autobot LE
AC/DC Pro
AC/DC Premium
AC/DC Back In Black
AC/DC Let There Be Rock
We believe X-men, We are told its wired for it, Checking on Software to be sure first before I bet my life on it.
Kit includes:
PCB board
Hard plastic cover
Mounting hardware
Cable ties
Cabinet Harness
Instruction sheet
Mounting template

Great deal, but I'm astonished that we aren't even sure that XM will support a shaker!!

#3661 11 years ago

XM will support a shaker, It has the menu option to control the intensity and the t-Nuts are already installed for mounting.

#3662 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

WOOOHOOO! I got it done!
Elvis
Elvis Gold Edition
Indiana Jones
Batman/The Dark Knight
CSI
LOTR LE
NBA
Big Buck Hunter Pro
Iron Man Pro
Rolling Stones Pro
Rolling Stones LE
TRON Pro
TRON LE
Transformers Pro
Transformers Combo LE
Transformers Autobot LE
AC/DC Pro
AC/DC Premium
AC/DC Back In Black
AC/DC Let There Be Rock
Kit includes:
PCB board
Hard plastic cover
Mounting hardware
Cable ties
Cabinet Harness
Instruction sheet
Mounting template

Are these the same as the 'Revision B' Shakers?

#3663 11 years ago

Any mini reviews yet??

#3664 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Great deal, but I'm astonished that we aren't even sure that XM will support a shaker!!

I believe it will, I just don't want to promise something I don't know my self to be a fact.

#3665 11 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Are these the same as the 'Revision B' Shakers?

yes

#3666 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any mini reviews yet??

Not enough play to give it a full on review or anything. I will say so far I think it is probably the coolest Stern I have played to date. AC/DC is also extremely high on my list. I like them equally for different reasons but with X the ball is just nuts all over and its not a drain hog at all. So far I would call it EXCELLENT. No joke.

#3667 11 years ago

Right flippers are firing backwards. push the button in a little and the upper flipper fires first. Should be the bottom flipper first.

#3668 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rob,Rob,Rob! Now you see why I was asking if folks thought I could get a refund on my shaker if it doesn't work with X-Men.

#3669 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Right flippers are firing backwards. push the button in a little and the upper flipper fires first. Should be the bottom flipper first.

Yeah...so you can cradle one on the bottom and still use the top to flip upper shots.

#3670 11 years ago

Maybe it's intentional. Remember that thread where someone suggested an anti-cradle feature? There ya go.

#3671 11 years ago

Just so I wasn't going crazy, I tested SM and Tron. They are correct.
Xmen is backwards.

#3672 11 years ago

I don't currently have a three flipper Stern to check, but shouldn't changing that behavior be a simple matter of swapping the wiring of the leaf switch?

#3673 11 years ago

My shaker works. Every time the ball locks so far. I have not gotten that deep into the game yet.

#3674 11 years ago

Anyone have any gameplay/ruleset opinions so far? Surprised that there really hasn't been any short reviews so far, figured that people were playing them all day.

#3675 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Anyone have any gameplay/ruleset opinions so far? Surprised that there really hasn't been any short reviews so far, figured that people were playing them all day.

I know, right? And no more HD video, etc. You guys are slacking!

#3676 11 years ago

I'm not going to take video. I'm tired of seeing, "Thanks, you just saved me $6K" posts.
The Dots are far superior to anything else ever done by Stern. The music for all the different modes is fantastic.
Right now with early code there are some bugs to be worked out. Ball times are very very short. Game is really really fast. I only have about 20 games on mine so far as I was waxing, protecting, installing stuff yesterday.

#3677 11 years ago

I agree, there is a lot that was done well (code issues notwithstanding) I'm pretty excited overall.
Based on Nick Angel's videos and his mini review, it seems like the modes and dots are well integrated and thoughtfully planned out. I'm playing mine tomorrow for the first time so hopefully I will be able to confirm, but this does not seem the like usual fare from Stern. Hopefully some of the usual repetition has been replaced or at least paired with some good mode play with unique shots/goals/combinations to complete.

#3678 11 years ago

There is a lot of stuff to be added in the next code release in a few weeks according to David Thiel. There is stuff missing from the code as it is now. Kind of like what happened when Tron came out. You get into a mode but don't know how many shots are left to complete the mode.
Hitting wolverine doesn't have any sound effects yet so everyone thinks hits are not registering.

They will get all this worked out.

#3679 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I'm not going to take video. I'm tired of seeing, "Thanks, you just saved me $6K" posts.
The Dots are far superior to anything else ever done by Stern. The music for all the different modes is fantastic.
Right now with early code there are some bugs to be worked out. Ball times are very very short. Game is really really fast. I only have about 20 games on mine so far as I was waxing, protecting, installing stuff yesterday.

Yeah, the one hater that said "you just saved me $6K" far outweighs the dozens of posts afterwards that were positive about the game.

There's always going to be haters for every new stern, by not posting more they are accomplishing what they want... for you not to talk about your game because they are jealous.

#3680 11 years ago

Earlier in the thread I asked if they were going to make a special designation for the XMen LE and one of the mods indicated that would be done when Robin got back from vacation. Now that the game is shipping it may be a good idea to do this so people don't rait the pro based on the LE . . . plus, I'd like to add the LE to my current list.

#3681 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Yeah, the one hater that said "you just saved me $6K" far outweighs the dozens of posts afterwards that were positive about the game.
There's always going to be haters for every new stern, by not posting more they are accomplishing what they want... for you not to talk about your game because they are jealous.

Agreed; saving someone $6k that they don't have in the first place isn't saving either lol.

#3682 11 years ago

I just saved 10 million dollars!!

#3683 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I just saved 10 million dollars, by switching to Geico!!

#3684 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I just saved 10 million dollars!!

Hahahahahaha

#3685 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

By switching to Geico.

Hahahahaha again

#3686 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Neither of my right side flippers will fire separate no matter how lightly I hit the button. I wonder how it is designed to work?

#3687 11 years ago

From what I could tell, it looked like one of the more completed codes done out of the box. Hopefully means this is easier work for updates and done in a timely fashion.

#3688 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Well, I have everything set to extra easy and maxed the timers and I still have not defeated any xmen yet (its because I suck). But its going to take awhile to learn all these shots. They all can be made easier than in other games but its tough to string a bunch of ramp shots together because there is so much to hit on the playfield. Happy to report that it is definately not a drain monster, and its FAST! I'm still shocked that they finally put lots of clearcoat on the playfield and thats its nearly as smooth as glass. I can't imagine how good this game will eventually be with code updates, bucause its great right now. I sold my POTC for it and feared I was making a mistake...but not so.

#3689 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Ball times are very very short. Game is really really fast.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that this is a bit of a concern for me. How short are the ball times? Any pin that you can compare it to in that regard? Iron Man for example? It'll kind of suck if my family and non-pinhead friends get overly frustrated with XM because of "very very short" ball times.

Based on some of the videos I've seen, this does look like it could be the case.

#3690 11 years ago

I PMed Robin already to ask him to add LE to the archives but haven't heard back. He usually has it done the same day. He must be pretty busy right now trying to catch up on work after the vacation. Europeans usually take their 30 days off all at once as opposed to us Americans who typically divvy it out thru the year.

#3691 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I PMed Robin already to ask him to add LE to the archives but haven't heard back. He usually has it done the same day. He must be pretty busy right now trying to catch up on work after the vacation. Europeans usually take their 30 days off all at once as opposed to us Americans who typically divvy it out thru the year.

Some of us Americans don't get 30 days off in a year.

#3692 11 years ago

I don't have any sterns so please don't slam my question but.... how are you notified of code updates and what is the process for actually updating machines?? Thanks : )

#3693 11 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

I don't have any sterns so please don't slam my question but.... how are you notified of code updates and what is the process for actually updating machines?? Thanks : )

Usualy posted here the day it is out. All you need is a flash drive and then you filp a dip switch on the main board and turn the game on. Follow the directions and you are done. First page of the manual usualy has step by step directions.

#3694 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm with ya bud...

I get 10 days "vacation"...they call that two weeks becuase you have two normal off days. What a load of BS..

7 days of personal off time that can be taken in 2 hour increments.

I won't have "a month" (27 days) until I've been here I think 15 or 30 YEARS? I can't remember....and at that point, it hardly matters.

#3695 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And in our profession...what's a vacation? They have those?

#3696 11 years ago

I watch prof. Basketball here in Belgium, and no it's a very good league in the European competition.
There are many American players that play in this league. I remember one of them telling, that the attitude of Europeans are much different then Americans. I personally have 40 days of vacation each year. But i'm not an exception here. We can indeed take the whole shebang all at once. But it's not that common here. At least not under my friends. Most is 2 to 3 weeks. The player told me if you do that in the US, you can better start searching for another job. It's apperently seriously frowned upon. I work in an hospital, last year i met a person through Alcon he was American and he was here for extra scholing. He was almost 67 years old. He was very amazed that by then you're already on pension here. Pension starts at 65 officially but it happens more than once that many don't even reach that age before going on a pension. My uncle was on pre pension at 52!

#3697 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And in our profession...what's a vacation? They have those?

Wow! After working for the National Health Service for 10 years here in the UK I get 41 days (8 weeks) a year vacation now

#3698 11 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Usualy posted here the day it is out. All you need is a flash drive and then you filp a dip switch on the main board and turn the game on. Follow the directions and you are done. First page of the manual usualy has step by step directions.

Well that's pretty cool! Thanks mpatricksp

#3699 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that this is a bit of a concern for me. How short are the ball times? Any pin that you can compare it to in that regard? Iron Man for example? It'll kind of suck if my family and non-pinhead friends get overly frustrated with XM because of "very very short" ball times.
Based on some of the videos I've seen, this does look like it could be the case.

I've played maybe 20 games on mine so far. I can already tell that this will be the most brutal game in my lineup. Ball times are extremely short; about one or two minutes per ball for me. I'm not a great player so this is going to have to force me to learn better ball control. The ball is blindingly fast which is cool; only thing I don't like is there is a lot of side to side action and I get a bunch of drains which are out of my control (aka Star Trek) - I may end up closing up the outlanes a bit to make it a bit more fair for the rest of the family.

As for adjustments, my Wolverine seems to register most hits but my Xavier chute does not launch the ball consistantly. About 50% of the time it misses the inside of the ramp and ends up launching on top of the RH side of the ramp and rolling down on to the playfield.

I have yet to see Nightcrawler in the game. My LH Nightcrawler pops up at the end of each game and then resets to the down position when I hit the start button for a new game - does this happen for anyone else?

Scott

#3700 11 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

I have yet to see Nightcrawler in the game. My LH Nightcrawler pops up at the end of each game and then resets to the down position when I hit the start button for a new game - does this happen for anyone else?

Toyboy6 - both of my Nightcrawlers pop up after a game (and retreat when I press start). I have not had them pop up during play either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.