(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 251.
#2151 11 years ago

Not looking as bad as I thought dolls are growing on me .

Where are the LE pics that is shipping in a couple weeks why no pics of the LE play field?

#2152 11 years ago

What a cool way to produce a flyer! It looks fantastic! Way to go Stern!

#2153 11 years ago

Does Stern even make flyers for LE games anymore? I did an ebay search and didn't see one for AC/DC (not even a premium flyer), Avatar, Tron or Transformers.

My guess is this is the only flyer we will see for X-Men.

#2154 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not looking as bad as I thought dolls are growing on me .

Why do people keeping calling these "dolls"? Dolls are like...Cabbage Patch Kids and sh*t....these are "figures" or "busts"

#2155 11 years ago

Nm

#2156 11 years ago

The box and packing materials weigh 30 pounds??

#2157 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

good lord yes. That box is 25lbs easy.

#2158 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

good lord yes. That box is 25lbs easy.

You are probably right...I just never thought about it before!

Cool flyer, by the way....

#2159 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Sounds a bit late for a test. What if something is found that needs changing....aren't games supposed to be shipping the very next week?

Test is for software, software you can change. If the playfield layout sucks by the time it goes on test, there isn't much you can do as the tooling is usually already done or mostly done so that you can produce the test machine.

Gents, this is no different than how Bally / Williams ran their tests back in the day. Put them out to see if they can get the first quarter from players, and then tweak the software to make it more fun for people so it can get more and more.

#2160 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why do people keeping calling these "dolls"? Dolls are like...Cabbage Patch Kids and sh*t....these are "figures" or "busts"

Because the figures are about the same size of most baby dolls.

#2161 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Test is for software, software you can change.

I always thought that the home buyers were the software testers.

#2162 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Probably counting the pallet weight too, that would be about 30lbs.

Kevin

#2163 11 years ago

Just a quick question someone might know. The movable ramp on the LE, does it drop the ball or does it slop down to lower?

BTW Although I like the Magneto art the best, looks like the colors might clash with the blue/yellow of the PF.

#2164 11 years ago

Moving ramp is a mystery to me.

I like how the blue LE blends into the upper backslash may look even nicer with a blue display.

#2165 11 years ago

Little OT, but I just picked up one of these:

ebay.com link: NOS XMEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM MARQUEE TRANSLITE BRAND NEW CAPCOM MARVEL

He has one left. Great price for NOS Capcom large marquee. Goes with the theme.

#2166 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just a quick question someone might know. The movable ramp on the LE, does it drop the ball or does it slop down to lower?
BTW Although I like the Magneto art the best, looks like the colors might clash with the blue/yellow of the PF.

I'm thinking the ramp just goes side to side. I can't imagine it raising and lowering and them not advertising that as part of the ramps features.

The thing I am most courious about is if the ramp even moves during multi ball or while the ball is not being held (in a scoop, just locked or between balls). The reason I wonder is because I really can't imagine them wanting balls coming off of that ramp when it is between the left ramp and the right drop off location. You could dump it SDTM, onto a sling shot or down the left outlane. I also can't imagine balls "plonking" off the ramp pretty much anywhere in between those locations would be very good for a playfield.

I'm also wondering if there will be any sort of docking bracket for the ramp on the left side. I have a hard time thinking the moving ramp will just butt up against the left ramp nicely like the fake picture shows.

#2167 11 years ago

Little OT, but I just picked up one of these:
ebay.com link: NOS XMEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM MARQUEE TRANSLITE BRAND NEW CAPCOM MARVEL
He has one left. Great price for NOS Capcom large marquee. Goes with the theme.

That would make for a nice topper if you had the head room and a way to mount it. Almost just as wide as the pins head.

3475_1_fs_mq.jpg3475_1_fs_mq.jpg

#2168 11 years ago

I'M still wondering where the motor is going to go to move the ramp and how the joint will hold up.

#2169 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'M still wondering where the motor is going to go to move the ramp and how the joint will hold up.

Yeah in some of the photos the pivot point of that ramp looks kind of "blurry" like he sorted blended it in with photo shop / real pivoting system not present. Though looking closer at the high res photos maybe there's not much more there. Other than at least while in transit, the ramp blocks view of the upper right flipper.. hoping that is pretty brief / transition happens when ball is locked up somewhere.

Cool thought: I'm hoping for Storm there's some elaborate blue/ cool white light show with the color GI / flashers emulating lightning with thunder/rain on the sounds.

#2170 11 years ago

I think it's about time to start calling the first plastics to break.

I say the pointy one on the left side of the right ramp. Broke within a dozen plays I would guess.

I was also wondering, does anyone know if broken plastics and ramps are covered under the first 90 days of warranty?

I also don't see that right ramp entrance staying unbroken for very long unless it comes with protectors.

#2172 11 years ago

Is it just me or is stern trying to send signals to space with this pin?? Holy shoot that picture gave me a headache just looking at it!

Y'all enjoy this LED junk, but until they can be changed out with normal bulbs that don't blind me I will pass.

#2173 11 years ago

A few impressions from the pic:

Wolvie seems to be angled more towards the player. Still looks like he's floating over the playfield, and he's still big.

Is there a lamp on the inlane right ramp deflector? That's new.

The illuminated arch windows aren't illuminated yet.

Shame the left ramp/right ramp dock is blurred out.

#2174 11 years ago

The wolverine defiantly twists... Check out his angle in the SR pic. Woo Hoo!!!

#2175 11 years ago

Thats an LE!!

#2176 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

The wolverine defiantly twists... Check out his angle in the SR pic. Woo Hoo!!!

good eye!

#2177 11 years ago

Its just you. Love the lighting!

#2178 11 years ago

finally, a morsel of LE.. so it is possible they'll start shipping soon afterall

#2179 11 years ago

Do you think he really twists? My eyes are not that good to tell. I hope so.

#2180 11 years ago

Love the instruction cards. Leaves a lot to the imagination.

#2181 11 years ago

Yup...might be the first 'real' pic of an LE that we've ever seen!

#2182 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Keep looking at that pic and they will be worse!

#2183 11 years ago

You are the only one complaining, Spanks. This isn't a Space Shuttle with LEDs. It is a new machine, made with them and accounting for them. Quit shouting at the clouds.

#2184 11 years ago

I will shout at the clouds all day if I want! Hopefully it isn't as bright in person as it is in this picture. After looking at some pictures of ac/dc lit up it looks the same way to me, but not as bad in person.

#2185 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Looks like the belt buckle is shifted to the right of the magnet hopefully he has some twisting action!

#2186 11 years ago
Quoted from spanks_4:

I will shout at the clouds all day if I want! Hopefully it isn't as bright in person as it is in this picture. After looking at some pictures of ac/dc lit up it looks the same way to me, but not as bad in person.

I was worried about my Premium AC/DC after pix came out. But, in person, it looks great. Does not bother my eyes or anything. It will tone down a little more after I change the cool white LEDs to warm. I think Stern should consider the theme and colors of the PF when choosing the LEDs and make a judgement call. TF looks good with cool white cuz of the industrial metal theme going on. AC/DC has warm colors all over the PF and art and should have warm (IMO) LEDs.

#2187 11 years ago

Regarding the moveable ramp; I believe someone posted that Borg stated the ramp moves fast. So I imagine the switch located just before the moveable ramp will be the final trigger of whether the ramp is allowed to dump the ball to the left or right flipper. I'm guessing it's going to move fast enough that no balls will get knocked onto the pf or SDTM. If that's the case, there could be some really cool animations and sound effects associated with iceman and the ramp.

#2188 11 years ago

Here is the pictures from FB today, just posted for all to see. Seriously need some better photos and some video soon

Xmen04.jpgXmen04.jpg

#2189 11 years ago

This just posted on Facebook! XM-LE in final tests! YES!! And this pic makes me happy I picked the Wolverine edition!

Screen_Shot_2012-06-22_at_2.46.25_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2012-06-22_at_2.46.25_PM.png

#2190 11 years ago

Need video!!

#2191 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

This just posted on Facebook! XM-LE in final tests! YES!!

I thought it may be a photoshop mess up, but it actually appears as though the iceman ramp is going to completely bypass both of the right inlane switches. That is weird.

#2192 11 years ago

I think I will just put this here.

photo_(2).JPGphoto_(2).JPG

#2193 11 years ago

Oh oh, In person the Wolvie looks great. I hope my Magneto does too.

#2194 11 years ago

I dig'em

digem.JPGdigem.JPG

#2195 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

This just posted on Facebook! XM-LE in final tests! YES!!

Metal apron??

#2197 11 years ago

Looks like a single slot coin door

#2198 11 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Looks like a single slot coin door

Good catch. That had better be an export.

#2199 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Good catch. That had better be an export.

I'm thinking they are building the ones for over seas right now.

#2200 11 years ago

Yes or No on the blue XPIN display for Wolverine LE? Too much blue with the mirrored backglass and blue trim?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 12,541 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.