(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 251.
#2101 11 years ago

Hope they take extra time to work on the code and play test etc.. I can wait a long time more interested in the quality than how quick they can make them.

#2102 11 years ago

I would guess the nightcrawler pop ups fold back to let the ball travel through based on the bolt pattern and how they are perfectly lined up with shots. Also makes them serve the same purpose in play as the light up inserts on the pros.... shoot the lit nightcrawler shot.

#2103 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I would guess the nightcrawler pop ups fold back to let the ball travel through based on the bolt pattern and how they are perfectly lined up with shots. Also makes them serve the same purpose in play as the light up inserts on the pros.... shoot the lit nightcrawler shot.

I was thinking the same thing.

#2104 11 years ago

Balls do not go through the nightcrawlers. You strike them just like the trolls on MM

#2105 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Balls do not go through the nightcrawlers. You strike them just like the trolls on MM

Didn't someone (mnpinball) mention they're supposed to act different than the MM trolls? If they're bash toys; well, sounds like MM trolls. No?

#2106 11 years ago

#3000. Im hoping

#2107 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Didn't someone (mnpinball) mention they're supposed to act different than the MM trolls? If they're bash toys; well, sounds like MM trolls. No?

They have some additional movement via a trip coil giving them slight animation. That's what I'm told. Similar to Bud and Buz on NGG.

#2108 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

They have some additional movement via a trip coil giving them slight animation. That's what I'm told. Similar to Bud and Buz on NGG.

Sounds interesting but I would have rather had them be molded targets over a flat twitching one.

If the pics are to be believed.....the Nightcrawler targets are to X-Men what the animated band is to AC/DC premium and LE. Cheap and janky looking toys that have no business on a LE machine.

#2109 11 years ago

I assume the trolls are up just occasionally on a specific mode so they don't ruin the flow.

#2110 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Sounds interesting but I would have rather had them be molded targets over a flat twitching one.

Agree. I'm not a stern basher, but they have a record of going cheap, and flat stand up's with no molding gives them the highest profit margin.

#2111 11 years ago

So guess we could take a bud and buz and paint them blue as a mod?

#2112 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Agree. I'm not a stern basher, but they have a record of going cheap, and flat stand up's with no molding gives them the highest profit margin.

unless they have some movement aspect, i was looking this up it's called lenticular printing where the image appears to move on a flat image. that would be cool.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&pq=lenticular+printing&cp=12&gs_id=s&xhr=t&q=lenticular+image&client=safari&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=672&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=NW_gT-qlEuX00gGzufCJDg#biv=i|25;d|TSpSxXlF-UCe6M:

http://www.google.com/search?q=3d+lenticular+image+umbrella&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mXvgT6LIIO-f6QG-0Ml_&ved=0CFcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

#2113 11 years ago

nm

#2114 11 years ago

Just saw a pic of a bunch of playfield toys on Stern's FB page, and it looks like Wolverine is no bigger than the Balrog from Lord of the Rings or Arnie from Terminator 3.

#2115 11 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Just saw a pic of a bunch of playfield toys on Stern's FB page, and it looks like Wolverine is no bigger than Arnie from Terminator 3.

that's a big head don't you think?

#2116 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just saw a pic of a bunch of playfield toys on Stern's FB page, and it looks like Wolverine is no bigger than Arnie from Terminator 3.

OR Balrog from LOTR who I think is just the right size for a pinball machine...

#2117 11 years ago

Homers head is bigger then Wolverine and Magneto...

#2118 11 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Just saw a pic of a bunch of playfield toys on Stern's FB page, and it looks like Wolverine is no bigger than the Balrog from Lord of the Rings or Arnie from Terminator 3.

Can't get to Facebook from work, anyone care to repost the pics here? Thanks!

#2119 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I never paid much attention to the size but I've played a ton of T3 and have never thought, "That's a big head."

#2120 11 years ago

Pics from Stern's FB

177017_10150967123814244_839978427_o.jpg177017_10150967123814244_839978427_o.jpg

#2121 11 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Sorry but I have to… Thats what she said!

#2122 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sorry but I have to… Thats what she said!

ROFL...

#2123 11 years ago

Tron ramps in the foreground. 'Nother run?

#2124 11 years ago

May favorite thing is the box of parts in the upper right corner labeled "ChuckECheese" haha

#2125 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If the pics are to be believed.....the Nightcrawler targets are to X-Men what the animated band is to AC/DC premium and LE. Cheap and janky looking toys that have no business on a LE machine.

I wouldn't go that far...at least they're interactive and functional. Something to hit. The band just rocks back and forth and wouldn't affect the game at all if it was gone or different.

#2126 11 years ago

Anyone care to explain the dinosaurs ? upper right looks like Toy Story. The others maybe to throw us off.

#2127 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Anyone care to explain the dinosaurs ? []

Old JP Prototypes??

Or just break time toys for Jody and the crew

#2128 11 years ago

There is also a caterpillar stuck to the rack above. Alice in wonderland or play to RE?

Whats that picture on the monitor of? Stern likes to drop little teases everywhere but, I may just be over reading things here.

#2129 11 years ago

Looks like a Playboy centerfold.

#2130 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Anyone care to explain the dinosaurs ? upper right looks like Toy Story. The others maybe to throw us off.

Got to be stuff for Jurassic Park....like reference materials, or something.

You'll also notice the HUGE Mech suit on the left for Avatar that was probably used for reference, along with the large Spidey. Neither were actually in a game.

And yes, in relation to the other stuff, Wolverine doesn't really look that huge.

#2131 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Tron ramps in the foreground. 'Nother run? []

Probably just there to make us all go "OMG TRON RAMPS!" The ramp on the far right is an Iron man ramp (or, theoretically, Austin Powers, I'm not positive you can tell), so who knows what they are doing.

Quoted from mnpinball:

Anyone care to explain the dinosaurs ? [] upper right looks like Toy Story. The others maybe to throw us off.

As the father of a two year old, I can confirm that the upper right definitely isn't Toy Story. And again, I'm sure this is just a "dinosaurs are cool, let's get them worked up about maybe doing JP3 next."

Having said that, I'd love JP3 as long as it was more like Jurassic Park, and less like Lost World Jurassic Park. The games, I mean, although the second movie was miserable too.

Quoted from pmWolf:

You'll also notice the HUGE Mech suit on the left for Avatar that was probably used for reference, along with the large Spidey. Neither were actually in a game.

Spidey wasn't, but that is the Amp suit that was definitely used in the game. It's in the upper right of the playfield.

#2132 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Having said that, I'd love JP3 as long as it was more like Jurassic Park, and less like Lost World Jurassic Park. The games, I mean, although the second movie was miserable too.

I agree about Lost World... I watched it when it came out and didn't think it was any good, but then wound up reading the book a year ago. The book was actually decent, so I thought I must not have remembered the movie correctly... but when I re-watched it, I was disappointed yet again.

#2133 11 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

The book was actually decent, so I thought I must not have remembered the movie correctly...

Yeah, I actually really loved the book, and was hyper pumped to see the movie because of it. I don't think much of anything from the book actually made it to the movie

#2134 11 years ago

Going a little nuts

64e2daa5ba7d24738b05c9e64e00691b.jpg64e2daa5ba7d24738b05c9e64e00691b.jpg

#2135 11 years ago

I'm surprised this game isn't out on test yet with shipping only being a couple weeks away. You would think that they'd want to find the bugs asap before shipping any games with possible defects.

#2136 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm surprised this game isn't out on test yet with shipping only being a couple weeks away. You would think that they'd want to find the bugs asap before shipping any games with possible defects.

That would require a change in their business model.

#2137 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm surprised this game isn't out on test yet with shipping only being a couple weeks away.

Stern makes weird decisions. I think they think being 'top secret' and 'covert' is a good business move. But really it just frustrates the people that actually WANT to buy their product, and really has very little impact on their competition. I'm more than a little concerned that we haven't even seen a ball roll down the playfield on X-men yet.

#2138 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure you can go to the stern factory and play the pro. So maybe that's their test version? From what I gathered in the other thread about it is anyone can go in to play it and there were a lot of ppl in line to play it.

#2139 11 years ago

another teaser on FB.. nothing new unfortunately.

556387_10150969548299244_988010728_n.jpg556387_10150969548299244_988010728_n.jpg

#2140 11 years ago

So, why no reports on gameplay?

Thinking of buying the Pro but may have bought something else at this rate!

#2141 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Spidey wasn't, but that is the Amp suit that was definitely used in the game. It's in the upper right of the playfield.

Not at that size, it wasn't. That Amp suit toy is CERTAINLY a reference piece, since it is double the size of the actual in-game toy.

Pete

#2142 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not at that size, it wasn't. That Amp suit toy is CERTAINLY a reference piece, since it is double the size of the actual in-game toy.

No, that's the real amp suit. Look in that pic at the Joker as an action figure reference...

...and here it is on the playfield, with an action figure in it. Same size.

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5653&picno=48884

Unlike the majority of toys on Stern machines, the Amp suit's feet go through the plastic and attach to the playfield. It's the same Amp suit. It just looks really large compared to everything else there.

#2143 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

No, that's the real amp suit. Look in that pic at the Joker as an action figure reference...
...and here it is on the playfield, with an action figure in it. Same size.
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5653&picno=48884
Unlike the majority of toys on Stern machines, the Amp suit's feet go through the plastic and attach to the playfield. It's the same Amp suit. It just looks really large compared to everything else there.

I think you are right....but I think I was confused because the one on the "Pro" (which I used to have), isn't as big. http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5618&picno=46858

....or am I imagining that, too?

In any case, it looks HUGE in that pic. It's throwing me off!! =)

Pete

#2144 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

....or am I imagining that, too?

I think the paint makes that one look different. Remember, it's in the back corner of the playfield and attached to the lower part, and it still nearly reaches the top of the glass. It really is a giant toy on the playfield.

#2145 11 years ago

If I'm goint to splash 9k for a pinnie, I need to see and play it before I commit.

#2146 11 years ago

Pro will be on test mid/late next week.

#2147 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Where at? Test by the Stern employees only or open to public play on test somewhere?

#2148 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sounds a bit late for a test. What if something is found that needs changing....aren't games supposed to be shipping the very next week?

I'd call it more of a pre-view than a test if any feedback from it is irrelevant by that time.

#2149 11 years ago

Full flyer, front and back hi-res, is out there now. Really shows details of those models...

http://sternpinball.com/upload/Games/XMen/XMenPro-Flyer.pdf

#2150 11 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Full flyer, front and back hi-res, is out there now. Really shows details of those models...
http://sternpinball.com/upload/Games/XMen/XMenPro-Flyer.pdf

Nice! Looks way better than the initial pics. I never noticed wolverines claws ripping through the pf, looks sweet. Can't wait to see the LE high res flyer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.