(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 251.
#2001 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just a thought...since the Nightcrawler's aren't molded toys like Trolls ...what was the point of making them as big square blocks? Why not just use drop targets... *shrug*

I know why.......TFLE.....AIRBALLS!!!! Lesson learned.

#2002 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'll come with you. ROAD TRIP!
Actually somewhat on topic (but not really), I was thinking a MGC crew roadtrip to Gameworks would be fun, especially if one shows up there soon. A little bit of show planning and a whole lot of game playing...would be productive (HA!) and fun!

I'd be up for that.

#2003 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just a thought...since the Nightcrawler's aren't molded toys like Trolls ...what was the point of making them as big square blocks? Why not just use drop targets... *shrug*

Well, this would be proof that they do something more than just act as glorified drop targets.

Now that I think about it, the trolls in MM are basically just huge drop targets that do nothing special...and nobody complains about those!

#2004 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There is a slight animation to the mech simulating movement just before dropping and vanishing to make it appear he is vanishing and popping up to the other mech.

I hope that playfield mechanics tie into whats going on, on the DMD and SFXs. That is one thing I really like about Jpops games, like in CV when a ball gets locked by juggler or tight rope. The action on the playfield matches what you are seeing on the DMD.

#2005 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, this would be proof that they do something more than just act as glorified drop targets.
Now that I think about it, the trolls in MM are basically just huge drop targets that do nothing special...and nobody complains about those!

Well, they're molded toys which looks cool...and the flaps on their heads make them look hidden so it's unexpected when they pop up for the first time.

#2006 11 years ago

2000!

Had to do it. I had some question about the game, but I honestly forgot what it was...

#2007 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

2000!
Had to do it. I had some question about the game, but I honestly forgot what it was...

2000!

darnit.

... err ... page 41!

#2008 11 years ago

Epic thread

#2009 11 years ago

I need to re-read some of the earlier posts to see how close our predictions were, and if there were any "solid" rumors that ended up way off.

Outside of the whitewood not really matching the inserts, and the IJ4 scoop not showing up....I think we were pretty dang close.

At least we get to stop saying "Comics Based!!" and "It's NOT Avengers" to everyone that shows up on the thread. =)

Pete

#2010 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I need to re-read some of the earlier posts to see how close our predictions were, and if there were any "solid" rumors that ended up way off.
Outside of the whitewood not really matching the inserts, and the IJ4 scoop not showing up....I think we were pretty dang close.
At least we get to stop saying "Comics Based!!" and "It's NOT Avengers" to everyone that shows up on the thread. =)
Pete

I love the IJ4 scoop and hope Borgy brings it back on a future title (with better software than IJ4), but am glad we don't have 2 scoops sitting side by side. I hate that about WW, LAH, IJ4, etc.

#2011 11 years ago

I'm surprised we haven't gotten any play reports yet considering this game is on test now. Most of the time I don't care but for some reason I'm really interested in X-Men.

#2012 11 years ago

So what is the limited number on the LE ? I heard Wolverine was 300 and Magneto was 250 then I read that both were 250. Which is the correct number ?

#2013 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm surprised we haven't gotten any play reports yet considering this game is on test now. Most of the time I don't care but for some reason I'm really interested in X-Men.

It's not yet at one of Stern's usual test locations in Schaumburg, IL. I sent a teenage scout team in last night!

#2014 11 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

So what is the limited number on the LE ? I heard Wolverine was 300 and Magneto was 250 then I read that both were 250. Which is the correct number ?

300 Wolverine, 250 Magneto.

#2015 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I actually don't think that it is. Looking at that 'test' picture more, I'm pretty sure that's the Stern 'testing' room that they have at their office...

#2016 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I actually don't think that it is. Looking at that 'test' picture more, I'm pretty sure that's the Stern 'testing' room that they have at their office...

It is. Its the front of house game room. Prob one on floor game room as well.

#2017 11 years ago

Ah bummer. Looking forward to some impressions here at some point.

#2018 11 years ago

Post #2012. In 2012.

#2019 11 years ago

It's going to be a very HOT game. No premiums, the comic book collectors getting in late on the news of this game, lots of mechanical action, sweet custom dots and music, a young new team that loves the theme and "knows" the theme, it all adds up to a big win ! Oh, and more than meets the eye in software, lots of mini modes and things not in the inserts Multiple mini wizard modes etc.... It will be a $10k pin I predict by Christmas. Supply/demand will drive it.

The whole software team is in on this, The new young guys Waison and Mike are big comic guys and Lonnie is also helping with code. Mark Galvez is doing an awesome job on custom dots. David Thiel is creating a huge sound package utilizing the expanded memory capabilities. Each character has it's own tune and there are secret hidden modes as well.

Can't wait !

#2020 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It's going to be a very HOT game. No premiums, the comic book collectors getting in late on the news of this game, lots of mechanical action, sweet custom dots and music, a young new team that loves the theme and "knows" the theme, it all adds up to a big win ! Oh, and more than meets the eye in software, lots of mini modes and things not in the inserts Multiple mini wizard modes etc.... It will be a $10k pin I predict by Christmas. Supply/demand will drive it.
The whole software team is in on this, The new young guys Waison and Mike are big comic guys and Lyman, Lonnie are also helping with code. Mark Galvez is doing an awesome job on custom dots. David Thiel is creating a huge sound package utilizing the expanded memory capabilities. Each character has it's own tune and there are secret hidden modes as well.
Can't wait !

What Mechanical action? I want to know please. Im asking about the pro version I know the mechanics on the LE

#2021 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

What Mechanical action? I want to know please. Im asking about the pro version I know the mechanics on the LE

He's talking about the le. He's not predicting the pro will be a 10 k pin.

#2022 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

He's talking about the le. He's not predicting the pro will be a 10 k pin.

Yeah I figured, glad I got the LE paid off. I was just hoping it would be 2X Bang for buck on the game

#2023 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The whole software team is in on this, The new young guys Waison and Mike are big comic guys and Lyman, Lonnie are also helping with code. Mark Galvez is doing an awesome job on custom dots. David Thiel is creating a huge sound package utilizing the expanded memory capabilities. Each character has it's own tune and there are secret hidden modes as well.
Can't wait !

Awesome! Everything I've been wanting in a stern pinball in a long time. Thanks for the update!

#2024 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Yeah I figured, glad I got the LE paid off. I was just hoping it would be 2X Bang for buck on the game

Missing TOTAN yet?
Personally speaking, I think you made the right decision. If I didn't already have the money for this XMLE, I'd give my left nut for it!

#2025 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Pro has 2 magnets and the Magneto 2 post ball lock. Basically a Tron/Iron Man hybrid.

LE has 1 magnet, 1 magnet/spinning disc, 2 post ball lock, moving slide ramp, 2 pop up nightcrawlers.

Both have 3 flippers, 2 ramps, and a VUK. Ramp configuration are very similar with only the right ramp tail end exit changing/moving.

#2026 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Missing TOTAN yet?
Personally speaking, I think you made the right decision. If I didn't already have the money for this XMLE, I'd give my left nut for it!

LMAO I love the looks sound and all of TOTAN but im an X-Men and Wolverine fan 1st, he was always my Avatar since 2005. I dont know if Stern made a bet saying "I bet I can get Donny to sell his Totan with all thoes fancy and rare mods and poooof.

#2027 11 years ago

My impatience is mounting...Now that pics have come and gone, I impatiently await vids/reports of gameplay since it appears the game is complete. Come on guys...find those damn test games and let's hear it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

#2028 11 years ago

This begs the question...since it appears there are new guys doing the software and the game has been in production for quite a while, do you guys think we will be getting a nearly complete game from Stern (from a software standpoint) when the game ships?

#2029 11 years ago

Man, I don't understand the VUK at all. Can somebody help me out here? Does it actually move, or just fire stuff in two directions?

#2030 11 years ago

It is angled forward, so it hits the ramp running and comes screaming back to the left flipper. It is stationary, though. Just the one direction.

#2031 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Man, I don't understand the VUK at all. Can somebody help me out here? Does it actually move, or just fire stuff in two directions?

I believe it just feeds the ramp.

#2032 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

LMAO I love the looks sound and all of TOTAN but im an X-Men and Wolverine fan 1st, he was always my Avatar since 2005. I dont know if Stern made a bet saying "I bet I can get Donny to sell his Totan with all thoes fancy and rare mods and poooof.

Yep... Because of you I owe Gary a Bottle Of Stoli! I told him NO way he loves his H.E.R TOTAN

#2033 11 years ago

Lets keep this unstoppable thread going with some speculations, wishes and suggestions for rules.

I was just watching an episode of Wolverine and the X-Men and they had a Jugs encounter. The classic move here is to immobilize him, then a fast agile team member snatches his helmet off, then a telepath brings him down with a psychic blast.

How cool would this be in the game? You could even change up the characters a bit. A good example would be when Juggernaut mode was started you are directed to hit the Iceman ramp to freeze him in place, then you are directed to hit the Beast orbit shot to have Beast take off Jugs helmet. Lastly to finish him off you would be directed to hit the Phoenix orbit for the psychic blast.

The DMD could show some shots of Juggernaut beating around any other character shots that you may have made by mistake (maybe even have a battle life bar where so many wrong shots cause a lost battle). This type of scenario could also be made longer, implement different characters (ex: Prof X shot INSTEAD of Phoenix to make the mode more random) or even allow a couple of different shots to be substituted (Hit Storm OR Iceman to incapacitate Jugs to make the mode easier).

It seems like it would be a nice flexable way to do the enemy encounters and also keep a story flow going for each mode.

#2034 11 years ago

So custom dots/music.

So, please have decent JACKPOT CALLOUTS

Doesn't cost anything to have great callouts and don't like pins that you get a jackpot and are met by deafening silence.

Also, a real chance to get some great HUMOR and sound bites.

Will be such a missed opportunity if no humor.

#2035 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Lets keep this unstoppable thread going with some speculations, wishes and suggestions for rules.

Have a video mode that actually can impact game play and not just be a point source. Completing video mode activates various mutant powers that give more time to complete other objectives or perhaps an extra stackable multiball. something useful.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So custom dots/music.

This is my biggest concern on the game. Music on pins is huge in my view. Both my DW and my Tron have insanely good sound tracks. My FGY sound track is merely above average . . . I'll be putting my FGY on the market next week....not saying its only due to the sound track, but it does play a part. With this xmen pin not having a movie or tv shows sound track to snag I am a bit nervous about the music.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Also, a real chance to get some great HUMOR and sound bites.

Yes, this is the opposite of the above. Since the speach is going to be 100% custom, this has the potential to be a really humerous pin. No limitation based on a movie being too serious. Tron was a very serious movie and the pin is therefore very serious; this pin could be more light humerored. Lite humored pins are great; I still sometimes chuckle at FGY and I've had it for four years.

#2036 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I was just watching an episode of Wolverine and the X-Men and they had a Jugs encounter. The classic move here is to immobilize him, then a fast agile team member snatches his helmet off, then a telepath brings him down with a psychic blast.

How cool would this be in the game? You could even change up the characters a bit. A good example would be when Juggernaut mode was started you are directed to hit the Iceman ramp to freeze him in place, then you are directed to hit the Beast orbit shot to have Beast take off Jugs helmet. Lastly to finish him off you would be directed to hit the Phoenix orbit for the psychic blast.

The DMD could show some shots of Juggernaut beating around any other character shots that you may have made by mistake (maybe even have a battle life bar where so many wrong shots cause a lost battle). This type of scenario could also be made longer, implement different characters (ex: Prof X shot INSTEAD of Phoenix to make the mode more random) or even allow a couple of different shots to be substituted (Hit Storm OR Iceman to incapacitate Jugs to make the mode easier).

It seems like it would be a nice flexable way to do the enemy encounters and also keep a story flow going for each mode.

This would be epic.

#2037 11 years ago

As I mentioned on Monday:
This would be cool if you installed a Shaker Motor.

TO:"YOUNG BLOOD PROGRAMERS AT STERN" that have been reading this topic.
Please put in a *PUNISHER Secret Sniper Wizard Mode* where you have to take shots at particular targets or make combos (taking out all characters and the final one being wolverine) within the playfield, just like a sniper. I know it's a little far out there, but it would be similar to the comic "The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe" and I believe this type of secret wizard mode would really make this pinball machine a winner for both comic readers and pinball players. (not that it already will be)*Last note regarding the Punisher Secret Wizard Mode (if it could happen). It could be achieved by a super high score or randomly like "Bone Fish" (in FT) or cross eyed Dracula/fluffy the vampire (in BSD). The player would hear a gun shot in the audio of X-men and then press both flippers or start button to achieve some-sort-of black out in the game and then wizard mode would start.

punisherwolvgn.jpgpunisherwolvgn.jpg

#2038 11 years ago

Ms. Marvel vs. Rogue would be a cool mode where you'd have hit to ramps or loops to keep the two fighting against one another. It's always a good cat fight between the two of them.

97792366288269.gif97792366288269.gif imagesCAVSQ4UF.jpgimagesCAVSQ4UF.jpg

#2039 11 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

As I mentioned on Monday:
This would be cool if you installed a Shaker Motor.
TO:"YOUNG BLOOD PROGRAMERS AT STERN" that have been reading this topic.
Please put in a *PUNISHER Secret Sniper Wizard Mode*

It sounds to me like what you REALLY want is a Punisher pin.

And, if they ever MADE a Punisher pin, I promise I wouldn't try to get my favorite character jammed into it for no real reason, and where my favorite character would only be there to kill off your favorite characters.

#2040 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

It sounds to me like what you REALLY want is a Punisher pin.
And, if they ever MADE a Punisher pin, I promise I wouldn't try to get my favorite character jammed into it for no real reason, and where my favorite character would only be there to kill off your favorite characters.

Word

#2041 11 years ago

Punisher pin would be cool, but if you ever read the comics you'd know the Punisher shows up in most every large Marvel event. Do you have anything else to contribute or thoughts about the game besides what LE your getting or color rails?

#2042 11 years ago

ok, in the the OT thread about X-Men I'm getting great suggestions on some X-Men Primer material to get oriented a bit more.. but, PaulCoff.. some of your suggestions seem "too far" in the comic aficinado direction IMHO, as someone who likes Pinball, and likes the general theme of X-Men.. i would think for greatest appeal they would stick with less specific storyline archs? Especially if those archs haven't made it to "mainstream media" outlets. I think dark phoenix sage is well covered as in both the 90s cartoon AND the movies so that's completely fair game.

Easter egg might be a good place to put the other things, as a nod to those in the know. But I would expect average person walking up to a pro in a bar to get totally confused by your sniper mode.. "why am I shooting all the good guys?"

Quoted from DugFreez:

This I like! And fits in the theme without getting to into a story line that not everybody knows.

#2043 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wish there were more video modes in pins. I'm still hoping the tron software update has one.

+1 to this!

#2044 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This. Is. Cool. Hoping for something like this, it would be really a cool way of mixing things up. Well... at least it could be.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

It could be achieved by a super high score or randomly like "Bone Fish" (in FT) or cross eyed Dracula/fluffy the vampire (in BSD). The player would hear a gun shot in the audio of X-men and then press both flippers or start button to achieve some-sort-of black out in the game and then wizard mode would start.

I'm not against the mode, but good god please no randomly awarded major things in the game. I turn all that stuff off in my games because it isn't fair for people who don't know every little secret of the game to get lower scores because they don't push the buttons at the right time or whatever. I dig the JD stuff, because it doesn't affect score, but if it affects the score, I'd rather not have to memorize the rulesets of every machine that I play to know just when to hit buttons to get major points.

Quoted from fattrain:

TigerLaw25 said:

I wish there were more video modes in pins. I'm still hoping the tron software update has one.

+1 to this! []

I doubt it. I've heard that Gary Stern feels about video modes the exact same way that I do, which is nice - that you can play better video games on your phone, so why bother making one on the dot matrix display? There is no easier way to make me not make a game than to put in a bunch of stupid video modes - IJ, I'm lookin' at you.

#2045 11 years ago

I actually do like video modes, and they could make it so you can turn it off in the features for those that don't. I still hope Tron gets video modes in a future update.

Kevin

#2046 11 years ago

I agree that video modes are not for everyone and can become very cumbersome which is why it is VERY important that two things are implemented along with them:

1 - Like cleland said above, it has to have an option to disable them.

2 - Insert them tastefully and not in main gameplay modes that will get played EVERY game. Spurraticly they can be a blast! But I completely agree that if you have to play them every game they will get old, fast!

#2047 11 years ago

If ever there was a theme deserving of a video mode, it would be Tron.

#2048 11 years ago

well if there's an option to disable them, what would that mean.. leaving all the potential points off the table (mode doesn't exist) or just giving you full value of the points for getting into the mode?

#2049 11 years ago

Aren't there some video modes to choose a points award or play the mode to earn a prize instead? Why not just follow that method.

Personally though, video modes take quite a bit of programming hours; would you want those hours allocated to a video mode or into the pinball code/rules?

#2050 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Aren't there some video modes to choose a points award or play the mode to earn a prize instead? Why not just follow that method.
Personally though, video modes take quite a bit of programming hours; would you want those hours allocated to a video mode or into the pinball code/rules?

I don't think the two should be mutually exclusive!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.