(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 251.
#12401 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Anyone done coloured rubbers on their machine? I have a magneto with black (and a few white) that’s due for rubbers soon. Looking back through the thread images I see most have kept black. Anyone outfit a magneto in blue red or clear?

I did purple and red

#12402 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Almost.
300 Wolverine, 250 Magneto.

Close but no cigar

#12403 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Is the Newton ball mod still available? Anyone have one to sell of not?
Also interested on what the consensus on Magneto to Wolverine ratio really is? It seems like I see alot more wolfies out there than Magneto, or is this my imagination?

If Mezel ever stops making the kits, I still have the original STL and will put it out there to the public.

#12404 1 year ago

Factory vs voodoo glass
Better but still a lot of glare

PXL_20221010_003801871.jpgPXL_20221010_003801871.jpgPXL_20221010_004703898.jpgPXL_20221010_004703898.jpg
#12405 1 year ago

Did Stern ever do a re-run of this machine? Or any talk of a “vault “ version?
They ran Ironman a few times now, I bought the Ironman re-vault last year. This deck seems too good not too be released again. Although I have never played this, I do love the theme.

#12406 1 year ago

Have they re ran any Sam system games in the spike 2 era? I don't think it makes logistical sense.

#12407 1 year ago

No XMEN never had a re-run or vault.

Quoted from Sixmillion:

Did Stern ever do a re-run of this machine? Or any talk of a “vault “ version?
They ran Ironman a few times now, I bought the Ironman re-vault last year. This deck seems too good not too be released again. Although I have never played this, I do love the theme.

#12408 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Have they re ran any Sam system games in the spike 2 era? I don't think it makes logistical sense.

Sure they did- Ironman

1 week later
#12409 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

I'm a big X-Men fan and considering adding the game to my collection based on my love of the theme. I haven't played the game but have seen there are some pretty tough critics in the online reviews. As owners of the game, what are your thoughts about X-Men as far as gameplay enjoyment? Are there some must install mods and such that you all have found to add significantly to the game? What are some thoughts on pro vs LE models?

Thank you!

#12410 1 year ago

I can't stand super heros movies or comics and didn't even know what an x-men was but I've had the game for 4 years and it will probably never leave. The game play makes up for the bad theme(my opinion) and me not knowing the theme probably let's me overlook the criticism about the callouts.

Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi everyone,
I'm a big X-Men fan and considering adding the game to my collection based on my love of the theme. I haven't played the game but have seen there are some pretty tough critics in the online reviews. As owners of the game, what are your thoughts about X-Men as far as gameplay enjoyment? Are there some must install mods and such that you all have found to add significantly to the game? What are some thoughts on pro vs LE models?
Thank you!

#12411 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi everyone,
Thank you!

let's admit, its a love-hate it game for sure, than may be you should give a try before buying it

to me i love it, but my son didnt, than our 1st Magneto didnt last long here...
i recently have the opportunity to get another nice Magneto, ask my son if he wanna give it another chance/try, he said yes, than same situation as before, he just cant get in it (why why why ?), while i was still loving it... finally sell it because again i was the only one to play it

most of the guys who dont like it its simply because XM is a hard game, due to the the magnets (mainly the Wolve one), and also some thin shoots, as the left upper lane, that's also why you can change the Wolverine there if needeed

PRO vs LE : to me, the toy you cant miss on this pin is the magnet-spindisc, that's the real gem here, means you have to go for Magneto or Wolverine version

#12412 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi everyone,
Thank you!

Xmen has outlasted both lotr and Star Wars. I love the shots, modes are well thought out and the call outs whilst cheesy fit the theme. Must have is the newton ball mod it’s certainly a game changer. It makes beast and Xavier shots easier but it also makes Wolverine harder. Xmen came out directly after AC/DC and everyone loved that game theme and gameplay wise so xmen was a less loved follow up afterwards. The code was kind of a mess between 1 and 1.4 from memory as they forced you into a whole bunch of stacking that was hard to follow. I prefer to play without stacking probably why I’ve only seen danger room once since owning it.

#12413 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

Hi everyone,
Thank you!

There are people that prefer the pro. I don’t see it. The LE kicks ass.

XMEN suffered poor early code (from an industry newbie at the time) and some voiceovers that did not sit well with a highly vocal minority. Both problems are non-existent today. There’s an after market sound package and the code was completed. The code now rocks and the game is “deep” in that there is a hell of a lot to do and accomplish.

It’s challenging or “too hard” as some pinball simpletons might complain. But that’s their problem that they suck at pinball.

One of the best values in pinball IMO. YMMV.

Get the LE!

#12414 1 year ago

Thank you for all of the great info! I was thinking the LE to get the magnet-spin disc. I'll keep an eye out for a magneto or Wolverine.

Does anyone have links to the newton ball mod and aftermarket sound package?

TheFamilyArcade Audioenslaved RipleYYY Puffdanny

#12415 1 year ago

I was playing and the left scoop didn't kick out the ball. Seems like no coils/flashers had power after that, even after rebooting. Do Sterns have some kind of feature where they will turn off coils if there is a fault?

I am not exactly sure what I did to get things happy again; I did pull and reseat F10 I think. Maybe cleared something in the service menu?

It is playing fine again.

#12416 1 year ago
Quoted from DragonLord:

Thank you for all of the great info! I was thinking the LE to get the magnet-spin disc. I'll keep an eye out for a magneto or Wolverine.
Does anyone have links to the newton ball mod and aftermarket sound package?
TheFamilyArcade Audioenslaved RipleYYY Puffdanny

See FatPanda for the sound package.

#12417 1 year ago

if this can help, i still have my old folder with X Men goodies (tanx to evbd), including the last 1.51 LE home code
its mainly the Fatpanda one, with some samples from Mcuzz, and than few others ones we wanna put in with my son

of course, tributes are for FatPanda & mcuzz

PM me i you wanna give it a try

#12418 1 year ago

Anyone interested in leaving the club and interested trading their Wolverine for my TNA loaded up with all the good mods? Near Chicago, let me know!

#12419 1 year ago

I recently sold my XMen Magneto LE and it's probably the one machine I would buy again in the future. I had it for 4 years and thought it was one of the most underrated machines out there. Buy yourself a Magneto LE, put the Wolverine newton ball mod on it (no matter what anyone says it DOES dramatically improve the game) and FatPanda's audio mix and you have a winner.

Oh get a Colour DMD too for this one - the animations are amazing.

#12420 1 year ago

For anyone wanting to try my sound package, both LE and Pro can still be downloaded from this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-sound-replacement-package

Update it as you would any other SAM code. Instructions are on Stern's website and it's outlined in one or two of the posts in the thread as well.

Thanks for the compliments and hope you enjoy!

#12421 1 year ago

Joined the club today! Same day my PinMonk order for the villain color brackets showed up.
I don't believe in coincidence...

20221028_180038 (resized).jpg20221028_180038 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#12422 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

Got tired of the weak ass lights in the centre. My Pro has a LEd conversion and the lamp holder being lit from the side just didn't work well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
This uses the same lamp holders as the existing to present the LED's end on for best lighting. Also added a flasher to the middle that is triggered by the shaker motor drive.

Very old post being rebooted. Where can one buy this conversion holder ?
Thanks
Matt

#12423 1 year ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Very old post being rebooted. Where can one buy this conversion holder ?
Thanks
Matt

Wow I don’t ever remember seeing that. That looks awesome! I want it for my LE!

#12424 1 year ago

Added a CPR speaker skin plastic. Repositioned the LE tag under the dmd.

Much better than plain black wood.

4082E9F4-C790-4CAD-A817-0A4C590E2BB3 (resized).jpeg4082E9F4-C790-4CAD-A817-0A4C590E2BB3 (resized).jpeg
#12425 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Added a CPR speaker skin plastic. Repositioned the LE tag under the dmd.
Much better than plain black wood.
[quoted image]

That looks awesome I didn’t even think to put the tag there. I got the one more for magneto and out the tag in the coin box

#12426 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

That looks awesome I didn’t even think to put the tag there. I got the one more for magneto and out the tag in the coin box

I tried the tag on the speaker skin over the left speaker. Just didn’t look right. I was used to seeing the tag dead nuts middle.

1 month later
#12427 1 year ago

I have owned a Wolverine since brand new and still like it. Although I don’t play it a ton or deep dive the rules, I heard something last night did the first time: Deadpool saying “Oh I see you finally reached my mode, great”. How did that happen?

#12428 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:I have owned a Wolverine since brand new and still like it. Although I don’t play it a ton or deep dive the rules, I heard something last night did the first time: Deadpool saying “Oh I see you finally reached my mode, great”. How did that happen?

Pretty sure Deadpool makes an appearance after you hit a certain amount of combos

2 weeks later
#12429 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Pretty sure Deadpool makes an appearance after you hit a certain amount of combos

Yeah he does and he helps you defeat villains.
Got to danger room for the second time ever today. Only destroyed two of the guns and flaked out trying to destroy the third

1 month later
#12430 1 year ago

Anyone still have a copy of the finished rules? Looking for the events that present a extra ball.

#12431 1 year ago

Hey! I joined the club a couple of weeks ago because I got a great deal on a pro.. without ever trying the game. It's instantly become one of my favorites, and I'm slowly working on a Topper that will light up villains when they light up in game.

HOWEVER
I'm having a problem with the Newton ball mod that came with it. The ball keeps popping off during play and won't stay put! Is there any way to make it stay better or do I need to order a whole new threaded ball?

Thanks for any help!

#12432 1 year ago

Welcome to the club JackJack. The pin is sensitive to being level and the right pitch but once dialed in it is hard to stay away. So much to unpack with this title. Eager to see the topper. Sounds cool.

#12433 1 year ago
Quoted from JackJack:

Hey! I joined the club a couple of weeks ago because I got a great deal on a pro.. without ever trying the game. It's instantly become one of my favorites, and I'm slowly working on a Topper that will light up villains when they light up in game.
HOWEVER
I'm having a problem with the Newton ball mod that came with it. The ball keeps popping off during play and won't stay put! Is there any way to make it stay better or do I need to order a whole new threaded ball?
Thanks for any help!

I think you can buy a whole new set from Mezel mods. Not sure how the ball attaches. It’s a cracking game I’ve had mine since new so about 10 or 11 years

#12434 1 year ago

I think you can buy a whole new set from Mezel mods. Not sure how the ball attaches. It’s a cracking game I’ve had mine since new so about 10 or 11 years

It's just a ball with a thread through it that attaches to a bolt. So I'll try and thread a new ball I guess!

#12435 1 year ago
Quoted from JackJack:

It's just a ball with a thread through it that attaches to a bolt. So I'll try and thread a new ball I guess!

Probably put some lock tight on there too

#12436 1 year ago

Probably put some lock tight on there too

I put some of the blue lock tight on, but it came off after a few games the next day!

#12437 1 year ago
Quoted from JackJack:

I put some of the blue lock tight on, but it came off after a few games the next day!

Damn! Maybe give it a bit more time

#12438 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Oh get a Colour DMD too for this one - the animations are amazing.

Agree this added so much value over the red dmd.

#12439 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Anyone still have a copy of the finished rules? Looking for the events that present a extra ball.

HB_GAMER EBs: complete three hero modes and that starts Nightcrawler. Hit the Nightcrawler pop ups a few times to light EB. Same with Villains. Complete 3 to start Nightcrawler, etc.

I’d also like better explanations of the Multiball modes and Wizard modes. The current rule descriptions aren’t clear enough IMO.

I’m playing XMEN LE more than any other game of late. I was trying to sell it for awhile, but now I’m having more fun with it and appreciating it more than ever. It’s a very straightforward game rules wise, but there’s a lot to do and it’s extremely challenging. Getting to the wiz modes is hard, and they are very well choreographed. Trying to get there can be quite addictive, and as of now I’m thrilled no one pulled the trigger on buying my game.

#12440 1 year ago

I wish Nightcrawlers on the LE were used more.

#12441 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Thematically I think they’re used well. They tie in with extra ball and rogue modes. Rogue mode when he pops up can be a pain in the ass because if he changes spots at the wrong moment you can’t hit the rogue shot but it’s not that bad because you’ve probably hit another couple of heroes anyway.

#12442 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

HB_GAMER EBs: complete three hero modes and that starts Nightcrawler. Hit the Nightcrawler pop ups a few times to light EB. Same with Villains. Complete 3 to start Nightcrawler, etc.
I’d also like better explanations of the Multiball modes and Wizard modes. The current rule descriptions aren’t clear enough IMO.
I’m playing XMEN LE more than any other game of late. I was trying to sell it for awhile, but now I’m having more fun with it and appreciating it more than ever. It’s a very straightforward game rules wise, but there’s a lot to do and it’s extremely challenging. Getting to the wiz modes is hard, and they are very well choreographed. Trying to get there can be quite addictive, and as of now I’m thrilled no one pulled the trigger on buying my game.

Xmen has been in my lineup since new so 10+ years it’s a cracking game. So multiballs

Wolverine - follow the arrow on the screen 4x to find the boss killing henchmen at wolverine on the way. If you don’t follow the arrow it takes longer to get to the boss I believe (could be less) 8x searches.

Magneto - drain magnetos health bar by hitting heroes. If you haven’t brought a heroes into the battle (starting their mode) their shot does less damage to magneto. Hit magneto to relit shots and when health bar drained for super jackpot.

Hellfire - kill henchmen around playfield twice I think to get to boss. Drain his health

Brotherhood - shoot a shot to start a fight against one of the brotherhood. Three shots kill that brotherhood member or one shot to the brotherhood targets. I’ve never gotten too far in brotherhood so not sure what happens when you get through them.

#12443 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I have been getting 2 a game recently. Rogue, sometimes with Xavier and unlock three hero’s.

#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I have been getting 2 a game recently. Rogue, sometimes with Xavier and unlock three hero’s.

I forgot about sometimes with Xavier because that’s so infrequent. I wonder which shot it could be hmmm

#12445 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Trying to get there can be quite addictive

I agree. I bought it new and the rules have changed so much over time. This weekend finally installed the alternative sound package and enabled hero stacking. Having more fun with it now than ever but you are right, hard ass game but satisfying actually defeating villains and fully collecting hero’s.

#12446 1 year ago

Just got back from an arcade and so many newer games outside of Foo and Godzillia are are so slow almost floating and not intense like x-men although shots can be choppy unless you have it dialed in perfectly and then it is butter. I think we need to revisit the Pinside score. Problem is not many out there and mostly in game rooms.

Question, I was looking in the menus and there was a team mode listed. Is this 2 Vs 2, where 2 players share a score on a four player game?

#12447 1 year ago

Thematically I think they’re used well. They tie in with extra ball and rogue modes. Rogue mode when he pops up can be a pain in the ass because if he changes spots at the wrong moment you can’t hit the rogue shot but it’s not that bad because you’ve probably hit another couple of heroes anyway.

I hear what you are saying, but it would have been cool if there was a nightcrawler mode.

This is one of my favourite games still, and purchased it new in box. Tough game, that helps you play better.

#12448 1 year ago

Magneto LE owner here..and wondering if anyone else in here has installed the pinduino light strips for the ramps? Because it's so engaging/illuminating that I can't imagine the pin without it now. Oh, and replaced Big Wolfy with a little wolfy (die-cast) and he bounces back/forth. Color LCD DMD w/ fatpanda's? audio remix...
LE#214/250 probably the best built machine I have, other than maybe STTNG..it's solid (nothing like today's lighter Sterns).

IMG_8221 (resized).jpegIMG_8221 (resized).jpeg

#12449 1 year ago

There should be a nut under the block that the post goes through. This holds the ball in place.

#12450 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Magneto LE owner here..and wondering if anyone else in here has installed the pinduino light strips for the ramps? Because it's so engaging/illuminating that I can't imagine the pin without it now. Oh, and replaced Big Wolfy with a little wolfy (die-cast) and he bounces back/forth. Color LCD DMD w/ fatpanda's? audio remix...
LE#214/250 probably the best built machine I have, other than maybe STTNG..it's solid (nothing like today's lighter Sterns).
[quoted image]

I've considered them for years maybe I'll make the plunge since you recommend them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.