(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,383 posts
  • 631 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Loganpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE816D99-6EB6-4962-A963-E51C92F9E06F (resized).jpeg
FAEE061C-26D3-4873-909E-7FDE2A0D48C9 (resized).jpeg
1D3B3D5B-1BE0-4381-AC35-9C40CEA8360C (resized).jpeg
9B863DFB-9167-4A42-97A1-A4D7D3D6AEAA (resized).jpeg
D0A2D9CD-8824-4F9C-A721-8679F0FE4151 (resized).jpeg
mic (resized).jpg
15bf10f4d56c53b56729d8451d11b8ff715edfa7 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220419_095504_146 (resized).jpg
pp3 (resized).jpg
pp1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220419_095438_971 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220418_131107_544 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220419_092620_457 (resized).jpg
20220311_230121 (resized).jpg
243BCCB2-4C24-4C15-9502-5A8AE9570C06 (resized).jpeg
DSC_4179 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 248.
#12351 4 months ago

About a month into ownership of a x men magneto le. Traded a Simpsons for it. Installed colordmd, wolverine newton ball mod, sound mod and upgraded to some brighter LEDs. What a game!

It's quickly earned prime spot in my collection!

#12352 4 months ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

About a month into ownership of a x men magneto le. Traded a Simpsons for it. Installed colordmd, wolverine newton ball mod, sound mod and upgraded to some brighter LEDs. What a game!
It's quickly earned prime spot in my collection!

Xmen is a fantastic game. Such a sleeper. Shots are great. I like the different villains they all feel different. And so do the heroes. Borg is the man

#12353 4 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Two fuses under the playfield, 3A 250V slo-blo.

Got it. Replaced it and the new fuse just blows instantly. Did anyone actually swap the ver B board and it works? I saw someone say it needs the new harness or it blows?

#12354 4 months ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Got it. Replaced it and the new fuse just blows instantly. Did anyone actually swap the ver B board and it works? I saw someone say it needs the new harness or it blows?

I contacted stern and they sent me a board and a wiring harness free of charge. I've not had any problems since then.

#12355 4 months ago

I bought the rev B board from Pinball Life and it now works fine. I wasn't aware of anything to do with a harness but so far the board by itself has resolved it.

#12356 4 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

I bought the rev B board from Pinball Life and it now works fine. I wasn't aware of anything to do with a harness but so far the board by itself has resolved it.

Ok good because I ordered the pinball life one and will do a straight swap like you did. Thanks everyone. I feel horrible because my buddy just lent it to me and this happened lol. Really fun pin though. I hate borgs turtles, but this with the new sound mod code is a blast

#12357 4 months ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

the new sound mod code is a blast

Are you referring to the FatPanda mix?

#12358 4 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Are you referring to the FatPanda mix?

The one with Clapton and papa roach

#12359 4 months ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

The one with Clapton and papa roach

Mine also has Ice ice baby for the Iceman challenge

1 week later
#12360 3 months ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Mine also has Ice ice baby for the Iceman challenge

Got a link to the firmware? Does it work on the Pro?

#12361 3 months ago

Finally "finished" my xmen with the old wolverine back on the newton ball mod. What a difference. Tried some different wolverines but ended up preferring the original.

20220311_230121 (resized).jpg
#12362 3 months ago

Hi everyone. So I have tried searching for this but so far have come up short. I just got a Wolverine X-men LE that had a cointaker shaker installed. I installed a colordmd and now the shaker doesnt work. If I plug in the power to the old dmd with the colordmd installed, the shaker works. What am I doing wrong? I followed the directions on the website and did not reuse the power from original dmd, and instead ran the provided cable up to the front right.

The power cables seem to have different pins being used so I didnt assume I should used the power plug in the backbox as the directions explicitly state to run the cable to the front.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 week later
#12363 3 months ago

I have a brand new scoop Cliffy in the marketplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/132560

1 week later
#12364 88 days ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Finally "finished" my xmen with the old wolverine back on the newton ball mod. What a difference. Tried some different wolverines but ended up preferring the original.
[quoted image]

Any details about how you modded this and how wolverine is mounted?

#12365 88 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Cut wolverine off at the belt. Made a small L bracket out of sheet metal. Screwed bracket into the top of newton ball mod, put other side inside of wolverine and used existing screw hole to secure to bracket. Used some hot glue to secure his back to the pop bumper cap for extra support.

#12366 86 days ago

We streamed our X-Men LE over the weekend. Someone here might be entertained.

twitch.tv/justplaypinball

#12367 85 days ago

If anyone has access to a 3D printer, you could maybe use the upper half of this Wolverine with the newton ball mod.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3600943/files

#12368 79 days ago

back here 7 years "after"...

didnt keep it for long the 1st time, simply because my son had no love with it, and for sure, i was really sad when i sold it (to our site master, robin), feeling the story was not complete

than, when later Robin decide to sell it too, i was more than close to bring it back home, but it was never the right time :/

now here we are again, having a free place home, fouding a very nice one, and most important my son being OK, it was all green flag

welcome back sexy thing !!! number 69 is in the place

PS : the FatPanda mod sound is already in it, tanx to you for the nice work

IMG_20220419_092620_457 (resized).jpg

#12369 78 days ago

and than, this one was annouced by the seller with very low plays, 36 to be precise, but with SAM system this cant be verified of course...
than you only have your eyes to see/check

this is the shooterlane (even with clear out already, remind me my MET) & the scoop, very nice for sure, MANTIS is already ordered (will be stupid to damaged it)

IMG_20220418_131107_544 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220419_095438_971 (resized).jpg

IMG_20220419_095504_146 (resized).jpg

other point, this pin was delivered with a PP installed, but this was not set-up as it should : yesterday back home & playing deeper, i quickly noticed 2 disfunctions :

1 was about the switch under Magneto, ON/OFF every time, droping ball when it should not... the other problem was the diverter-gate on the upper lane, not opening because of that PP forcing... and than, i chose the easy way (as a player, let's admit i dont like PP lol), bye bye PP !!!

pp1 (resized).jpg

pp3 (resized).jpg

and miracle ! as soon as this was (quickly) removed, the game was playing 100%, simple as that

pin is set back to full factory settings, than 3 ball, the outlanes posts, and even with slope at max (cant go higher at the back)
just missed DANGER ROOM for Wolverine only (didnt completed it in 3 attemps)
of course, i know the pin from time, and i still think its a very good (player) game... which will kick my ass much more than i'll beat him

#12370 76 days ago

after Fatpanda, also tanx to mcuzz for his sound mod, we wanna also try it, and its a good alternative too
well done !

#12371 70 days ago

I've been trying to install a sound mod on mine but for some reason the game isn't recognizing my USB drive. It's a pretty cheap drive, which I read on some other threads might be causing the issue. I was planning on getting a new drive to do the update, but then I was also reading that if a drive is too large, that also might be incompatible. Does anyone have a drive they can confirm would be compatible? (Or know what exactly I need to look for in a drive?)

#12372 70 days ago
Quoted from kreidayy:

I've been trying to install a sound mod on mine but for some reason the game isn't recognizing my USB drive. It's a pretty cheap drive, which I read on some other threads might be causing the issue. I was planning on getting a new drive to do the update, but then I was also reading that if a drive is too large, that also might be incompatible. Does anyone have a drive they can confirm would be compatible? (Or know what exactly I need to look for in a drive?)

Most will work.

Did you format the drive to FAT32?

Is the file name the correct one (ie windows didn’t add a (1) to the end or something?)

If you’re still lost, there are videos on YouTube explaining the process.

rd

#12373 70 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Most will work.
Did you format the drive to FAT32?
Is the file name the correct one (ie windows didn’t add a (1) to the end or something?)
If you’re still lost, there are videos on YouTube explaining the process.
rd

The drive is FAT32 formatted. It's the FatPanda mod, so the file name was "XMLE1-51 FatPanda mix.bin" -- do I need to rename it to something else to "trick" the machine? I didn't see the LED inside the drive light up or anything, which made me think it might be the drive (and hopefully not a problem with the board).

#12374 70 days ago

Oh, ok renaming it to just XMLE1-51.bin did the trick. Thanks for bringing up the naming!

#12375 70 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

FYI I used this when I had it and simply used a matching blue zip tie (like the belt) to mount it from torso up.

ebay.com link: itm

15bf10f4d56c53b56729d8451d11b8ff715edfa7 (resized).jpg
#12376 68 days ago

tanx to PINSIDE & you guys, resolved today the inserts interference blinking while founding the 2 cables who where making this glitch

and found a (new ?) bug : the SPECIAL insert in the oulanes is ON in the left side, and BLINKING on the right side
than Lonnie, if you still reading here (lol inside)

1 week later
#12377 60 days ago

If you have access to a 3D printer, it may not be bad to print one of these and paint it for the blackbird area.
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-x-jet-from-x-men-219456

#12378 60 days ago

Also, some damn good Wolverines you can print here:
https://www.myminifactory.com/search/?query=x-men

3 weeks later
#12379 38 days ago

Does anyone have a spare set of slingshots for Wolverine? My right sling plastic broke.

1 week later
#12380 30 days ago

just done home, my best game in term of "construction" since Magneto is back (and this time full factory settings)...
far from the best, but not bad as no wizard mode played, all X-Men started, only Beast not completed, same with the Villains, all started and only Brotherhood not completed :/ ... thats frustrating but in the same time it was great fun & exciting ! and in fact thats why we all love pinball

mic (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#12381 5 days ago

Question about the Phoenix outter loop.

When you shoot the Phoenix loop should the ball enter the pop bumpers or come right through them to the flippers?

#12382 5 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Question about the Phoenix outter loop.
When you shoot the Phoenix loop should the ball enter the pop bumpers or come right through them to the flippers?

Depends on the speed, I think. A fast ball can shoot through the middle. A slower one will roll onto the outer pop bumper. Same shot in reverse is a clean Beast shot.

Skippy2904

#12383 2 days ago

I will be making wireforms to replace the plastic ramps on the pro models soon. I also went a little crazy and made a black bird plane wireform mod for my machine and figured I would share the link and some pictures. I will switch this link over to xmen pro wireforms for sale when I start making standard rails. Second time owning xmen and this one has modified sounds which is a huge bonus.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-pro-black-bird-wireform-mod

1D3B3D5B-1BE0-4381-AC35-9C40CEA8360C (resized).jpeg9B863DFB-9167-4A42-97A1-A4D7D3D6AEAA (resized).jpegD0A2D9CD-8824-4F9C-A721-8679F0FE4151 (resized).jpeg

FAEE061C-26D3-4873-909E-7FDE2A0D48C9 (resized).jpegCE816D99-6EB6-4962-A963-E51C92F9E06F (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 6.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Machine - For Sale
Centennial, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!