(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 251.
#12101 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, XMen makes the new games look very sparse.
The only thing that dates it is the DMD. Stern should throw a LCD screen in and fix the 2 voices that 2 people bitched about and re-release it. It’s a winner.
rd

The color DMD catches it up quick.

1 week later
#12102 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, XMen makes the new games look very sparse.
The only thing that dates it is the DMD. Stern should throw a LCD screen in and fix the 2 voices that 2 people bitched about and re-release it. It’s a winner.
rd

and FINISH the code so the heroes and villains can be reset. Oh, and an end mode would be nice.

#12103 3 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

and FINISH the code so the heroes and villains can be reset. Oh, and an end mode would be nice.

Realistically who would ever see an end mode though?

I’ve only ever completed the game twice I think. It’s a mammoth effort.

rd

#12104 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Realistically who would ever see an end mode though?
I’ve only ever completed the game twice I think. It’s a mammoth effort.
rd

For real. As far as I can tell the game has two wizard modes already and I haven't seen either.

Really loving this game! I always thought it sucked, probably because there was always a broken wolverine flopping all over the place and I didn't really understand the rules. One of my favorite pickups in a long time! Great flow, love the combos and the rules. Great replayability on this one!

A generous pinsider sent me their original wolverine figure which I sawed in half and gooped to the newton mod, looks good to me!

7F8E6B33-557B-4A7D-A98C-D9A796CF8BB3 (resized).jpeg7F8E6B33-557B-4A7D-A98C-D9A796CF8BB3 (resized).jpegF905ECDD-A485-48EB-8713-49D45BC22B92 (resized).jpegF905ECDD-A485-48EB-8713-49D45BC22B92 (resized).jpeg
#12105 3 years ago

Yep, it’s a great game.

It got flak when it first came out, because the code was basically a shell. Then a big update came out, and it was crap. Plus a couple of people didn’t like 2 call outs (out of 20) so that became “a thing”

But it eventually turned into a great game.

Yes, there are 2 Wizard modes:

Danger room, for completing all the Heroes.

Dark Phoenix, for completing all the villains.

There is an option to “stack” the modes which makes the game much easier. But Levi won’t be doing that.

rd

#12106 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, it’s a great game.
It got flak when it first came out, because the code was basically a shell. Then a big update came out, and it was crap. Plus a couple of people didn’t like 2 call outs (out of 20) so that became “a thing”
But it eventually turned into a great game.
Yes, there are 2 Wizard modes:
Danger room, for completing all the Heroes.
Dark Phoenix, for completing all the villains.
There is an option to “stack” the modes which makes the game much easier. But Levi won’t be doing that.
rd

I don’t stack because it just makes everything seem random. Well, I guess that was back in my early days of ownership, when I was t sure what I was doing. I suppose I could stack now and know exactly which shot to make. Hmmmm.

It is hard to make either Wizard Mode, but particularly Dark Phoenix in my experience.

#12107 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don’t stack because it just makes everything seem random

Stacking just turns the game into a huge mess IMO.

Not a fan.

rd

#12108 3 years ago

Hey, Just got this awesome game. But it needs a new Wolverine figurine. Does anyone have an extra that they would be willing to sell me? Please PM me. Thanks!

#12109 3 years ago

Hey folks, is there a list somewhere of what LED bulbs are needed to upgrade the LEs flashes and random incandescents?

#12110 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A generous pinsider sent me their original wolverine figure which I sawed in half and gooped to the newton mod, looks good to me![quoted image][quoted image]

Turned out fantastic, good job.

RE: Stacking
I *do* stack modes, it makes the game easier and keeps my wife interested in the game. I may end up wiring in the Tournament button for when I wanna play the more traditional scoring/rules. I actually did make it to the danger room with stacking but I felt like I was cheating a bit.

If you guys haven't added FatPanda 's sound mix, you need to, its incredible.

#12111 3 years ago

Hey folks, going to upgrade my Magneto LE to titans, and wondering if anyone had any suggestions/photos of good color combos. I don't mind swapping the flipper bats either.

#12112 3 years ago

Any idea what the big Wolverine Bash plastic sells for? I just picked up a machine and it had an extra one

#12113 3 years ago

Looking to trade a cherry TSPP with color dmd, topper for an XMen Magneto LE. Located in Pittsburgh

#12114 3 years ago

Magneto always had the “best looking version” reputation. But I’m not so sure.
44017BB9-F6E9-4E8D-A45E-CB7E2FF3970E (resized).jpeg44017BB9-F6E9-4E8D-A45E-CB7E2FF3970E (resized).jpeg

FF425A66-6690-44E9-BDD3-5149E3444B4F (resized).jpegFF425A66-6690-44E9-BDD3-5149E3444B4F (resized).jpeg
#12115 3 years ago

Hey, I’m not getting the Brotherhood or HC MB rules. I’ve read the posted ruleset. Anyone mind running through them for me?

#12116 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Magneto always had the “best looking version” reputation. But I’m not so sure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think all three are absolutely amazing looking, but Wolverine is my pick. I would love a pro translite to put on my wall, and I drool over my buddy's Magneto every time I see it.

#12117 3 years ago

What is the easiest way to get a villain mode going? I've had the game since December and I'm not very good. Haven't gotten all the heroes yet either.

I know its pathetic but I have set everything to extra easy and still I have never seen a villain light on. I'm wondering if it's not working? Lol. Pretty soon going to set it to 10 balls with outlanes blocked, just so I can see if I can get 1 villain light on.

#12118 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

What is the easiest way to get a villain mode going? I've had the game since December and I'm not very good. Haven't gotten all the heroes yet either.
I know its pathetic but I have set everything to extra easy and still I have never seen a villain light on. I'm wondering if it's not working? Lol. Pretty soon going to set it to 10 balls with outlanes blocked, just so I can see if I can get 1 villain light on.

I think the inlanes light villains along with the hole. The light must be out it's impossible for you to have never lit it before. Unless maybe you are blind and have no hands.

#12119 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the inlanes light villains along with the hole. The light must be out it's impossible for you to have never lit it before. Unless maybe you are blind and have no hands.

I was thinking this too, but when the game is on, the lights seem to circle all the villains fine, so no bulbs are out.

This is why I'm trying to figure out how to "test" the villain modes. I'm new to this so I have no idea whether I suck or somethings wrong with the game.

#12120 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

I was thinking this too, but when the game is on, the lights seem to circle all the villains fine, so no bulbs are out.
This is why I'm trying to figure out how to "test" the villain modes. I'm new to this so I have no idea whether I suck or somethings wrong with the game.

I mean you'd know if you've gotten one before.

Does "sabretooth" or "juggernaught" ring a bell?

#12121 3 years ago

Completing the inlane lights once lights the mystery at the scoop and the little light on top will blink completing them twice will light the villain at the scoop and the insert in front of the scoop will be lit.shooting the scoop when lit chooses a villain and then the small light representing which one you chose will blink and if you beat that mode it will remain lit solid for the rest of the game.you can also light the villian at the scoop by lighting the brotherhood or hellfire standups by hitting them 5 time not in a mode then after that 1 hit to the standups will light the villain as long as you dont play the bh or hf multiball mode.

#12122 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean you'd know if you've gotten one before.
Does "sabretooth" or "juggernaught" ring a bell?

My son has seen juggenaught once. Hmmmm maybe this game is too hard for noobs.

#12123 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Completing the inlane lights once lights the mystery at the scoop and the little light on top will blink completing them twice will light the villain attention scoop and the insert in fro y.of the scoop will be lit.shoot the scoop choose a villain and then the small light representing which one you chose will blink and if you beat that mode it will remain lit solid for the rest of the game.you can also light the villian atthe scoop by lighting the brotherhood or hellfire standups by hitting them 5 time not in a mode then after that 1 hit will light the villain as long as you dont play their mode.

Thanks. This is helpful. Do you choose the villain depending on which ramp you shoot? I do see the small light at the scoop flashing but maybe we haven't been able to repeat shots to complete the mode for that villain. And do you have to complete all heroes before you can get a villain?

#12124 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

Thanks. This is helpful. Do you choose the villain depending on which ramp you shoot? I do see the small light at the scoop flashing but maybe we haven't been able to repeat shots to complete the mode for that villain. And do you have to complete all heroes before you can get a villain?

NO!

It's super fuggin easy to light the villian modes. You just complete the inlanes a couple times and the "villian" light will flash on the scoop. Shoot the scoop and then you pick your villian mode. You are overthinking this one!!

Try it with the glass off you'll see what we mean.

#12125 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NO!
It's super fuggin easy to light the villian modes. You just complete the inlanes a couple times and the "villian" light will flash on the scoop. Shoot the scoop and then you pick your villian mode. You are overthinking this one!!
Try it with the glass off you'll see what we mean.

How do you pick the villain mode? And yes will try with the glass off. Good idea.

#12126 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

How do you pick the villain mode? And yes will try with the glass off. Good idea.

you use the flippers to choose (large, obvious graphics will be on the screen) and then hit both flippers to choose, or let it time out.

Someone shoot a video for this guy!

Monty PM your phone number and I'll text you a video, I'm heading to the shop tonight.

#12127 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

Watch this. Shot it years ago. Should give you some gameplay tips.

There’s a second one too (cause my camera stopped in the middle of the game)

rd

#12128 3 years ago

I just joined the club with a gorgeous HUO low play magneto LE. What a great shooter and gorgeous game this is. That being said the voice actors have to be the worst in pinball. I could live with the callous if the voice actors weren’t so bad. Has anyone like Cleland made an alternative soundtrack and if so what’s the verdict? I read that there’s one based off the cartoon, how’s this compared to the original?

#12129 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Watch this. Shot it years ago. Should give you some gameplay tips.
There’s a second one too (cause my camera stopped in the middle of the game)
rd

Thanks for this video @rotordave. When my ball goes in the scoop and villain is lit, I don't get to choose the villain at all.

What could be causing this problem? Switch? I have no idea. Help!

#12130 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

Thanks for this video rotordave. When my ball goes in the scoop and villain is lit, I don't get to choose the villain at all.

I think there's something wrong with MOnty's game. Probably the scoop switch is acting up. THis may be asking a lot but I think you gotta lift the playfield and check out the switches. Test switch mode also may be useful.

#12131 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

Thanks for this video rotordave. When my ball goes in the scoop and villain is lit, I don't get to choose the villain at all.

What happens when it goes in the scoop? Does it just sit there doing nothing until a ball search kicks it out? If so, then it is the switch. Might just need to be adjusted, but could be a loose wire or bad switch.

#12132 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

What happens when it goes in the scoop? Does it just sit there doing nothing until a ball search kicks it out? If so, then it is the switch. Might just need to be adjusted, but could be a loose wire or bad switch.

It's possible there's two switches in there right? It sounds dumb but they do that sometimes. The Snake in metallica comes to mind. COuld be it's kicking the ball right out but not "scoring" and I think that's the case here. I'm tapping out on the tech part of this convo but hopefully you guys can help him diagnose and fix what sounds like a pretty clear switch issue.

#12133 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Usually the ball kicks out right away, that's why I didn't suspect a problem with the scoop.

#12134 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help! Villain mode is working. Now I know what you were all talking about. Switch wasn't activated long enough with the ball.

#12135 3 years ago

Looking to trade my HUO Magneto LE for an X-Men pro and cash added. The LE will only be traded for a pro.

#12136 3 years ago

Is there any way to make Weapon X multiball easier? Tired of beating every mode except Wolverine.

THere's a "Wolverine Multiball timer" and "Wolverine Timer" adjustment in the menu but as far as I can tell they don't do anything when you increase them.

#12137 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there any way to make Weapon X multiball easier? Tired of beating every mode except Wolverine.
THere's a "Wolverine Multiball timer" and "Wolverine Timer" adjustment in the menu but as far as I can tell they don't do anything when you increase them.

Not that I'm aware of,wolverine is a SOB!!!!

#12138 3 years ago

Follow the arrows onscreen it tells you the next shot. There are faster blinking arrows (more points) and slower blinking arrows (lower points) but shoot the arrows that correspond to the onscreen arrow. Shoot the shot, then shoot wolverine, rinse and repeat. I think its 6 shots (henchman+wolvie) to finish weapon x (you can keep playing weapon x until you are left with 1 ball).

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#12139 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Follow the arrows onscreen it tells you the next shot. There are faster blinking arrows (more points) and slower blinking arrows (lower points) but shoot the arrows that correspond to the onscreen arrow. Shoot the shot, then shoot wolverine, rinse and repeat. I think its 6 shots (hero+wolvie) to finish weapon x (you can keep playing weapon x until you are left with 1 ball).

I know how to do it, but it can be a real bitch! Been getting better at it.

Shooting the "better" shots (screen arrow / blinking faster) just gives you more points, rather than helping you complete the mode faster, correct?

#12140 3 years ago

Right more points, same number of shots. It's probably the hardest hero to complete, but not that difficult. I think the villains are way harder and use Deadpool when I can for those.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know how to do it, but it can be a real bitch! Been getting better at it.
Shooting the "better" shots (screen arrow / blinking faster) just gives you more points, rather than helping you complete the mode faster, correct?

#12141 3 years ago

Brotherhood and Hellfire Club MB rules, anyone? As previously stated, the existing ruleset (Tilt and other places on web) poorly described how to complete these MBs.

There are 6 MBs in this game. That’s pretty freaking sweet.

#12142 3 years ago

Right more points, same number of shots. It's probably the hardest hero to complete, but not that difficult. I think the villains are way harder and use Deadpool when I can for those.

The problem is if you beef it, you need to smack Wolverine another dozen times, or 20, to have another shot at it, and you can easily beef those too with some unlucky bounces. Really annoying. Would be much better if, at the least, you picked up where you left off on Weapon X (hold progress), or even if sometimes the mystery award would give you that last X-men or Villian mode you need to make it to the wizard mode (kind of like Monster Bash).

I really like X-men but you see stuff like this on Stern rules of this era and really keeps the games from feeling polished.

#12143 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The problem is if you beef it, you need to smack Wolverine another dozen times, or 20, to have another shot at it, and you can easily beef those too with some unlucky bounces. Really annoying. Would be much better if, at the least, you picked up where you left off on Weapon X (hold progress), or even if sometimes the mystery award would give you that last X-men or Villian mode you need to make it to the wizard mode (kind of like Monster Bash).
I really like X-men but you see stuff like this on Stern rules of this era and really keeps the games from feeling polished.

Later in the game the mystery scoop will start XMEN modes and it can be Wolverine too.

You know that each time you hit Wolverine the shots switch sides? So all your big hits can be on the right side of the playfield, making things a little easier.

And I’m not positive, but I’m pretty sure you beat the mode faster hitting the more valuable shots.

#12144 3 years ago

Actually I have weapon x on HARD in the settings so I don't see him until 9 hits if I recall since I was starting him too regularly. Focus on the onscreen arrows and I bet you'll beat him. You are correct though, no progress saving, but honestly I would think that would be too easy. XMEN has stood the challenge of time in my gameroom since its not a push over.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#12145 3 years ago

not a big Avengers or Xmen fan, more of a Borg and Elwin fan.. but it's pretty cool having them next to each other.

20210301_155353 (resized).jpg20210301_155353 (resized).jpg
#12146 3 years ago

You are correct though, no progress saving, but honestly I would think that would be too easy

Agree - with the standard Wolvie figure, WeaponX was really easy to complete. You couldn’t miss his huge guts.

The captive ball makes it waaaayy harder. I would say that I generally *don’t* complete it now.

Actually, at the large big tournament we had, I had completed all heroes except WeaponX. I think I had 2 goes at it too.

rd

#12147 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Agree - with the standard Wolvie figure, WeaponX was really easy to complete. You couldn’t miss his huge guts.
The captive ball makes it waaaayy harder. I would say that I generally *don’t* complete it now.
Actually, at the large big tournament we had, I had completed all heroes except WeaponX. I think I had 2 goes at it too.
rd

Right, newton mod definitely makes it more difficult.

Wolverine has cockblocked me several times from Danger Room at this point, which I've still yet to get.

Since you are Mr. X-Men, do you have any idea what "WOlverine MB timer" and "Wolverine Timer" settings do, if anything?

#12148 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Since you are Mr. X-Men, do you have any idea what "WOlverine MB timer" and "Wolverine Timer" settings do, if anything?

Proud to be Mr XMen.

Nah, I never adjust anything.

Except turn off the extra balls and put it on tournament mode.

All my games are stock settings.

rd

#12149 3 years ago

When my Magneto releases the locked balls sometimes they go right down the middle. Is there a fix for that? Have seems level. I assume they should be hitting off the left flipper?

#12150 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

When my Magneto releases the locked balls sometimes they go right down the middle. Is there a fix for that? Have seems level. I assume they should be hitting off the left flipper?

I believe it should be hitting the right flipper. When mine drops, it just hits the tip right flipper, just enough to be able to flip it back up the playfield. If I didn't flip, it would probably bounce down the middle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/243?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.